mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

On 2/18/2023 at 7:37 AM, TheAnimationFanatic said:

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania - Definitely one of the weaker MCU installments. Uneven pacing, messy storytelling, and dodgy effects. But, it's still a fun romp. Paul Rudd as always is charismatic as Ant-Man and Jonathan Majors steals the show as Kang. Hopefully future movies utilize him better. out of 10.

This may have ruined my expectations to see this movie:awed:  

Tucker: The man and His Dream (1988) Great movie based on the true story of Preston Tucker, who was moments away from revolutionizing the car industry following WW2 with his innovative Tucker Torpedo, but was squashed by big business and crooked government before he could rock the boat. Kind of sounds like nothing has changed, all these years later.

A Man Called Otto (2022). I watched the trailer for this movie and was intrigued, but unfortunately the trailer was extremely misleading; presenting this movie as a comedy when it was just a very depressing drama. The few lighthearted moments in this movie were all cut together into a trailer to make it look like Tom Hanks’ character was a curmudgeon constantly put into situations outsider his comfort zone, with humorous effect. But in the context of the full movie, these fleeting moments account for a very small percentage of screen time, mixed in with grumpy, rude, emotionally destroyed Otto, annoying side characters, and a plot that went nowhere. The movie seemed like it went on forever and gave me a splitting headache. If the filmmakers wanted to make this a drama, fine. But don’t sell it as a comedy. A sure hand might have found the balance to make this an effective dramedy, but there were no sure hands guiding this picture.  

Barely Lethal (2015). Reasonably diverting bon-bon about a teenage girl (Hailee Steinfeld) who was trained as an assassin from early childhood and fakes her own death so she can go embrace the wonders of High School (wouldn’t want to miss all the fun of abusive teachers, bullies, homework and social anxiety!) This doesn’t mean she can completely escape the past, or the person she was trained to be. An interesting premise, adequately realized.

• Brohoof 1

Leprechaun 4: In Space. I don't have the words anymore. The part at the end where the space crew thinks the murderous gnome is finally dead, at the expense of blowing up the moon, mind you. Only for a baby leprechaun to explode from the insides of comms officer Kelly Williams, like in the movie Aliens. Genius. And you would have never expected it because she was pregnant during the movie. And this was supposed to be the wholesome moment after all they went through to convince the leprechaun that the moon was made of coke. So, she was about to give birth, and the viewers were gonna realize that Kelly had cheated on her deceased lover; trooper John Langley with gunner Big D. Johnson, after Langley had sacrificed himself to activate the manual detonation codes. And boom! What a way to subvert expections.

And then the credits roll out, letting you hear how the rest of the tripulation gets massacred on the way back to earth. Which also explains the catch phrase that the leprechaun uses during Leprechaun: In The Hood. Masterpiece.

Edited by They call me Loyalty

John Wick: Chapter 4 - Not only is it the best John Wick movie; not only is it my favorite movie of the year so far; This is one of the best action movies I've seen in the last 5 years. Those 3 hours flew by. If you liked the previous movies, you'll love this one too. 10 out of 10.

20 hours ago, TheRockARooster said:

The last movie I watched was 65.

I've been really curious about this one. I m ight have to see what it's all about.

As for me:

Wreck It Ralph (2012) It was time for a revisit and this movie didn’t disappoint. I love this movie (unlike its rotten sequel) and always enjoy watching it.

Joe Versus the Volcano (1990) I finally caught up with this one after all these years. It wasn’t the greatest movie I’ve ever seen but it was okay enough to hold my attention. Meg Ryan was interesting playing three different roles and she had a good chemistry with Tom Hanks.