Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

Saw X - Easily the best Saw movie in years. It has all the plot twists and carnage you expect from the series, but also has a compelling character story centered on John Kramer. out of 10.

The Creator - A refreshing and ambitious sci fi epic. Thrilling, stunning to look at, thought provoking, and it somehow has better special FX than most blockbusters despite having a third of the budget. 8.5 out of 10.

The Equalizer 3  

Spoiler

Talk about taking an unfortunate toll.  Robert (Denzel Washington) survives an unexpected turn from going after criminals.  The man is kindly housed in Southern Italy.  But amongst the place controlled by mob bosses, Robert gets back in the saddle to protect family and friends.  He's old, but proves he's still got it as he walks silently after the local criminals.  Violent sequences and blood with it:sealed:  

• Brohoof 1

On 2023-10-01 at 8:43 AM, TheAnimationFanatic said:

Saw X - Easily the best Saw movie in years. It has all the plot twists and carnage you expect from the series, but also has a compelling character story centered on John Kramer. out of 10.

I don't think I ever saw a SAW movie, but was considering watching it, thanks for this review, I may end up watching it this week.

On topic- I watched Expendables 4 with my mom as she likes action movies. It was my first time seeing anything with the Expendables...it was alright. I would not watch it again though.

Edited by StarlightNyars

Tucker & Dale vs. Evil - This was an absolutely hilarious horror movie parody.  I'm normally too much of an anxious/squeamish HSP to watch a lot of modern horror stuff but this made me laugh my butt off :laugh:

Gran Turismo (2023): What a surprise! I really liked this movie! I thought it was a far-fetched plot until I heard it was based on a true story. This was better than a lot of race movies I've seen; nice pacing, decent direction, good performances and plenty of pulse in the racing scenes. not bad at all. 

• Brohoof 1
  • Excited 1
  • Hugs 1

Moments ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Gran Turismo (2023): What a surprise! I really liked this movie! I thought it was a far-fetched plot until I heard it was based on a true story. This was better than a lot of race movies I've seen; nice pacing, decent direction, good performances and plenty of pulse in the racing scenes. not bad at all. 

I hoping to see that movie when it comes out, Dreamy. :D

• Brohoof 1
  • Party! 1

The Exorcist Believer which is not the WORST horror movie I've seen, I feel the 21% on Rotten Tomatoes is overly harsh, I'd give the film a rating of 60% or 65%, the acting was good and IMO in no way is the movie TRYING to be the original Exorcist film.

I watched Insidious - The Red Door and it was terrible. 

This is what i would describe as a " nothing " movie.

Plot points feel repeated from previous installments, the movie ads absolutely nothing in terms of ghost backgrounds or character development, you learn no new information, the special effects have been reduced to: " Oh look, its the same room as before but the lights are out! Whooooo! ", basically every nightmare scene feels like wasted potential, they dont make anything creative with it, the older movies did it better and had more to show.

The ghost designs are mostly just repeats anyway or a clichee, basically its like i watched nothing. And then they pretend like it was a super emotional final, despite the fact it had no real ending to it, they also dont even resolve the cliffhanger from Insidious 2.

Nothing of importance happened! And they trick you to watch it by featuring a character on the poster from the previous movies, making you think the character would actually play a role in it, but nope! Just a really short cameo at the very end.

This movie is pathetic and easily the worst horror movie i have seen in years.

• Sad 1

Killer Klowns from Outer Space - This was one of my late sister's favorites that I only caught glimpses of as a child.  Had to watch the whole thing, since it's a cult favorite and isn't too graphic for a scaredy cat like me.  Was funny as heck :laugh: The invisible car thing still cracks me up all these years later for some reason.

Edited by Dita Bear
  • Shocked 1

"Mr Bean's Holiday". It's been 16 years since last saw it. That long. (I guess it's been a while since I've seen a bunch of others movie full).

Funny movie because it's Mr Bean. Also felt wholesome.

Other day as mentioned in the Halloween thread, I rewatched The Fly (1958).  Occasionally caught it on TV in the past, first time following an airing of another movie I would watch, The Incredible Shrinking Man.

Monster House - I remember the ads for this when I was in middle school, but never got to see it until now.  Super cute, funny movie. 

On 2023-10-21 at 9:51 AM, ZiggWheelsManning said:

@Dita Bear  Wondering what the trailer for this is like:huh:  

Ask and you shall receive :laugh:

Spoiler

Edited by Dita Bear

Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning Part One (2003): What can I say? It’s another Mission Impossible movie with very little to make it any better than the half dozen that came before. It has the same boring recurring characters and ridiculous plot written by a hack who’s great at making something look good at a glance but doesn’t hold up under scrutiny. The best and only thing this movie has going for it are the stunts because Tom Cruise is an adrenaline junkie who insists on doing his own stunts and making them better than anything that came before. By that standard it was pretty cool. By any other standard it was pretty boring, especially at 2 hours and 43 minutes.

Young Frankenstein (1974): One of my favorite Mel Brooks movies. Since it’s Halloween time I thought I’d revisit this really funny movie. Gene Wilder is at his maniacal best.

5-25-77 (2017): This is a bonbon for a certain niche audience of Star Wars fans who grew up in the ‘70s and those who appreciate those times. It focuses on a sci-fi fan who wants to get into the industry and the trials and tribulations he faces in his personal life. When I saw the names Gary Kurtz and Fred Roos in the credits I had feeling I was in for something interesting, and it was.

3 Days of the Condor (1975): A Robert Redford movie about an analyst (basically a bookworm who studies theoretical strategies of foreign or domestic governments) who stumbles across something he shouldn’t have. He goes on the run and has to learn who is after him and what he uncovered before they finish him off. Aside for some gratuitous and highly improbable ‘love scenes’ it’s a pretty decent film.

• Hugs 2