Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

I just saw Godzilla Minus One.

It was pretty great. It was a "Godzilla as a symbol" movie, not really a kaiju smashing stuff movie.

I did see some of the ending coming.

Spoiler

I knew the story was building to Koichi flying the plane into Godzilla's mouth but ejecting in time. I was surprised that Noriko was alive in the end though.

I don't remember seeing any other Godzilla movie where he has a Wolverine-like healing factor.

• Brohoof 2

Some specials I've watched on Tubi during the week in this order:

- A Cosmic Christmas (1977)
- Deck the Halls (1994)
- Maxine's Christmas Carol (2000)
- The Bears Who Saved Christmas (1994)

- Christmas Classics Series: Jingle Bells (1999)

- Santa and the Three Bears (1970)

- Dot and Spot's Magical Christmas Adventure (2005)

- Christmas Classics Series O' Christmas Tree

- We Wish You A Merry Christmas (2000)

- An Angel For Christmas (1996)

- Up On The Housetop (1992)

- The Night Before Christmas (1994)

- Christopher the Christmas Tree (1993)

- White Christmas (1995)

- Ugly Duckling's Christmas Wish (1996).

- Jingle Bell Rap from 1991 (No green egg and ham it.)

- We Wish You a Merry Christmas (1994)
- Nick & Noel (1993)

- O' Christmas Tree (1994)

- A Hollywood Hound's Christmas (1994) - Roxanne's Best Christmas Ever (1999)

- Jolly Old St. Nicholas (1994)

- A Christmas Adventure (2001)

- Christmas Carol The Movie (2003)

On Christmas day with the family, we watched Good Burger 2.

• Brohoof 1

Baryshnikov’s Nutcracker (1977) I watch this every year as the highest point of my Christmas viewing season. I don’t know if this counts as a movie, TV show or performing arts, but I’m going to list it here anyway. It was performed live on tour by The American Ballet Theater Company, was then aired on CBS in 1977 with limited commercials, sponsored by IBM, and has been on VHS, DVD and in rare cases Bluray for years. Anyway, it deserves to be called a movie since it’s too long for a TV show and is more than a simple filmed stage production.

But enough about the technicalities; this is possibly one of the greatest pieces of art ever created by humans on planet earth. It far surpasses every other version of The Nutcracker out there (and there are hundreds, if not thousands of different versions around). This ballet by the master, Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, based on the story by E.T.A. Hoffmann has been translated, adapted, re-envisioned and taken from the absurd to the profound by countless artists and hacks the world over. But this magnificent retelling of an imperfect original story takes all the flaws and fixes or deletes them with surgical precision by those who knew exactly what they were doing. Never have I experienced more perfect acting, dancing, choreography, costumes, stage design and direction in my life than right here. It takes a children’s story and transforms it into a coming-of-age tale about a girl (Gelsey Kirkland) who receives the gift of a dream, and through this dream experiences the first kindling of romance as she embarks on a fantasy adventure with the Nutcracker prince. It’s no longer the kid’s show about dancing toys and candyland, but something to be taken seriously and enjoyed by children and adults alike. I hate to use the word ‘genius’ because it’s too often abused by those with no concept of its true definition, but the word might have been invented for the likes of this enchanting Christmas masterpiece. I only watch this once a year because it’s too powerful an experience to allow it to become rote or overdone. It’s a one-time annual event and must remain that way. It’s perfect.

• Hugs 2

(edited)

I Am Legend, 2007.

This is the best apocalypse movie for me. I like apocalypse. It's a good movie, but I wish the dog in this movie didn't die, and Anna and her son didn't come to Robert.

Edited by ComanderZhabikKlavik

Ponies ANG (again :dash:). Just noticed Wondy as a background pony several times (she even appeared twice in the same spot at one scene :muffins:)

On 2024-01-07 at 4:57 PM, Steve Piranha said:

Ponies ANG (again :dash:). Just noticed Wondy as a background pony several times (she even appeared twice in the same spot at one scene :muffins:)

Who's that?