Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony Analysis

Trixie the Greatest

A fan of the current MLP show, FiM as we all know made a presentation discussing the physics used in it. For instance, as cracked.com's article stated:

"In his 

, Stephen analyzes minute details like the angle of the mach cone generated by Rainbow Dash in executing her "sonic rainboom," concluding that she quickly accelerates to speeds of 1,635 meters per second (mach 4.8) and experiences 11.1 Gs, which should have caused blackouts and bodily organ failure. He also hypothesizes that to launch a fellow pony off a see-saw as far as she does, Applejack should have been composed of dark matter. "

This analysis he made was introduced into the "Deathbattle" video of G1 Starscream vs G4 Rainbow Dash which was posted on youtube at some point.

if you want to read more, here's the link to said article: 

http://www.cracked.com/article_20405_6-mind-blowing-pop-culture-questions-answered-by-super-fans_p2.html#ixzz2SAXNZPuN

post-14402-0-81328300-1367536307.gif

So umm...

He knows it's a cartoon aimed at little kids, right? If you scientifically break down the real life survivability of most incidents encountered by cartoon characters, you're going to end up at the same point. They wouldn't. and most of the things they do are impossible.

He is aware that it's a flying pony he's analysing, right?

That's why you leave your brain at the door on the way in.

• Brohoof 2

I think it's a bit silly to analyze the in-universe science of my little pony, it's a cartoon fantasy show, what really is the point in comparing it to real life sciences?

I was wondering when I'd see this article pop up in a topic.  I actually find this kind of ridiculous in-depth over-analysis rather amusing.  I'll admit, I didn't even try watching the presentation (never took a physics class so I wouldn't understand a thing), but the fact that someone had the time and the determination to do something like this.  It almost makes me a little envious.

Over-analysis. Oh, how I've missed seeing completely misdirected stuff like that. You over-analyze when? When you: 1: Are working on something like a space ship.

2: When it truly counts.

3: When the lives of others might be at stake.

4: When you spent several million dollars on a project, and you want to make sure it works.

When DON'T you over-analyze? When you: 1: Are analyzing based off of something like a cartoon.

2: When it's a flying pony you're trying to analyze.

3: When the thing the pony is fighting is a talking robot with an ego larger than the twin towers.

End result? Don't do it.

• Brohoof 1

I understand putting science into this but, analyzing a cartoon show using science and physics. Seriously? I understand that science & physics are very important but analyzing a show using it, doesn't really make sense yet.

tumblr_mdy5iwOcrJ1rlt8swo1_500.gif

(edited)

Call me crazy, but I'm guessing that the whole point of the presentation was that it's suppose to be over-analyzing it. That's the fun part. The assignment was to take a movie or TV show and explain whether it was true to physics. He decided it'd be funny to apply all that to My Little Pony. He isn't seriously wondering if these cartoons are realistic.

And do we, the guys who started threads to explain why Luna looked different between seasons, the purpose behind Fluttershy having the gala dresses in her house, and what exactly "a hundred moons" means, really have room to say someone is over-analyzing something?

Edited by CITRUS KING46
  • Brohoof 2

Call me crazy, but I'm guessing that the whole point of the presentation was that it's suppose to be over-analyzing it. That's the fun part. The assignment was to take a movie or TV show and explain whether it was true to physics. He decided it'd be funny to apply all that to My Little Pony. He isn't seriously wondering if these cartoons are realistic.

And do we, the guys who started threads to explain why Luna looked different between seasons, the purpose behind Fluttershy having the gala dresses in her house, and what exactly "a hundred moons" means, really have room to say someone is over-analyzing something?

This times a million. I do love that physics presentation. It is light-hearted yet educational. No one expects the show to be true to real-world physics. He was merely demonstrating how the show is not.

Over-analyzing is fun for people. Have you forgotten how much other bronies do it?

• Brohoof 2