Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

~Sole~

Eh, to be honest they seem out of place in MLP and the only Griffon character we've seen wasn't really that interesting.

Have we already forgotten Gustave le Grande?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lxXM6Y55GE

Its a bit shallow to be judging griffins based upon the actions of just 1 character. Also people say griffons tend to be aggressive, mean and violent, which I think is another misinformed fan based stereotype. Well Gustave is arrogant and perhaps quite aggressive, but he's by no means a mean nor violent character - especially for a griffin. If anything he's shown to be as kind and respectable as any other character, ponies included.

Yea I get the show is titled My Little Pony but there's plenty of other races around that deserve much more screen time, especially if the show wants to explore beyond the small reaches of Ponyville. Just the different ways griffons can be drawn and the way they can actually grasp objects with their claws make them interesting and fun to watch and draw. 

• Brohoof 3

I think the only reason they made Gustave a griffon in the first place was so he had apposable thumbs to fiddle with his glorious stache XD. And yeah, they are under loved. It's honestly annoying to see blatant steriotyping. On a side note, does anyone know if the griffons from rainbow falls have any fan names yet?

they may have as this fandom does give almost every char a name,but im not sure fully and im bad with names.

I knew a few did at least. I meant on at least a generally agreed set of names. I've seen several people give them names but they don't really agree. Besides, I'm bad with names too XD

I knew a few did at least. I meant on at least a generally agreed set of names. I've seen several people give them names but they don't really agree. Besides, I'm bad with names too XD

maybe they will give them russian or german sounding name...anything better than gustave.

• Brohoof 1

Gilda should show up in the Equestria games in a different event and wins a Gold Medal beating the Ponyville team. Then when asked to give a few words, she talks about being the best focusing on herself by dropping dead weight then gives a slight look at Rainbow Dash's direction. ~Fin

Edited by Singe

Gilda should show up in the Equestria games in a different event and wins a Gold Medal beating the Ponyville team. Then when asked to give a few words, she talks about being the best focusing on herself by dropping dead weight then gives a slight look at Rainbow Dash's direction. ~Fin

that would be something gilda would do...ouch.

need a burn heal for that dash?

Griffons, along with many ancient and mythological creatures, are awesome one of a kind animals who have the awesome combination of an eagle and a lion combined, how awesome is that?!

Sure, the most reason why no one loves griffons at all is due to gilda and the "infamous" scolding to make fluttershy cry, but people need to realized that was just her, out of the many that exist in equestria.

I'm sure we are bound to find other griffons soon, and for that, I'll be damned to find them as cool as I thought they would.

• Brohoof 2

I wouldn't necessarily call myself a "griffon fan", as you say, but I do agree that there should be more of them in the show. Just because Gilda happened to be a bad apple doesn't mean all griffons are. We saw Gustav in "MMMystery on the Friendship Express", and it was great!

At the same time, griffons aren't, IMO, nearly as cute as ponies.

They're not supposed to look cute, they're supposed to be badass. If they come off as cute, they have failed.

More griffins/griffons/gryphons in prominent roles would be great for the series, as if this hasn't been said enough times already. If McCarthy browses these forums, I hope she gets some ideas!

BTW, some people do show them some love. Just look at Skan120's OC.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Brohoof 1