Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

~Sole~

(edited)

Am I the only one who would love to see more griffons in the show? I have watched almost every episode of the show and I'm fairly sure gilda is the only griffon ever shown. There arent even that many griffon oc's, and even less fan art, fan fiction and respect in general. If anyone else agrees with me, then help me start a griffon uprising with your griffon oc's! Muahahahahaha!! But seriously, if you guys agree with me, then post it! Calling all griffon fans, I wanna hear your guys opinions, theories and reasons for lack of griffons, and how there should be more.

Edited by ~chaotic sole~
  • Brohoof 12

I think that griffons are really cool and would love to see more of them in the show. Just because Gilda was a bully doesn't make every other griffon a bully.

yeah, I agree with most of this, but I don't think gilda is all that bad. I think gilda was judged way too harshly. she was pretty mean, but I think she would make a cool frenemy/antihero at least. But yeah, griffins deserve better.

The one griffon that had significant screen time was Gilda, and she gave a terrible impression of her people. People hate Gilda, and Gustave (dude from "MMMystery on the Friendship Express") was forgettable. That makes it difficult to love griffons. At the same time, griffons aren't, IMO, nearly as cute as ponies. 

However, it would be great for more griffons to show up from time to time, perhaps to show that not all griffons are like Gilda. Eventually, griffons may start to build up supporters. 

• Brohoof 1

The one griffon that had significant screen time was Gilda, and she gave a terrible impression of her people. People hate Gilda, and Gustave (dude from "MMMystery on the Friendship Express") was forgettable. That makes it difficult to love griffons. At the same time, griffons aren't, IMO, nearly as cute as ponies. 

However, it would be great for more griffons to show up from time to time, perhaps to show that not all griffons are like Gilda. Eventually, griffons may start to build up supporters.

gustave? Gustave... gusta- oh yeah! I remember him! Also, I agree, they can't all be like gilda. Because of her everyone thinks they are all warlike and evil. I have yet to see a timid griffon oc, most are tough.
  • Brohoof 1

gustave? Gustave... gusta- oh yeah! I remember him! Also, I agree, they can't all be like gilda. Because of her everyone thinks they are all warlike and evil. I have yet to see a timid griffon oc, most are tough.

Indeed. I see griffons as a great chance to teach a lesson of judgment. The griffons are surely as diverse as everyone else. I think they deserve a chance to demonstrate that. Heck, I wouldn't doubt that even changelings have their own nice guys! 

• Brohoof 2

Indeed. I see griffons as a great chance to teach a lesson of judgment. The griffons are surely as diverse as everyone else. I think they deserve a chance to demonstrate that. Heck, I wouldn't doubt that even changelings have their own nice guys!

I agree with you, if ponies are so diverse, why can't griffons be? What if gilda is the griffon equivilent of dash? Like, what if they have their own elements of sorts, that would be very funny to me. Imagine a griffon pinkie, that is kinda scary actually... never mind. But still, what if gilda was considered violent even by griffons? Also, gustave had cool voice, they should bring him back too.
  • Brohoof 1

Because the only griffon with any amounts of screentime in general was Gilda, which a lot of fans hated, and Gustav, who was pretty forgettable imo. Really doesn't give a good impression on Griffons(and this comes from someone who actually*really* likes Gilda)

• Brohoof 1

I don't know why people hate Griffons. Must be from Gilda's attitude and other mean traits in that episode and for making Fluttershy cry. But, I respect Griffons as long as they are not like Gilda. Other then that, they are pretty majestic creatures.

• Brohoof 1

Because the only griffon with any amounts of screentime in general was Gilda, which a lot of fans hated, and Gustav, who was pretty forgettable imo. Really doesn't give a good impression on Griffons(and this comes from someone who actually*really* likes Gilda)

*gasp* you like gilda!? You must be evil! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! No, but seriously, I thought I was literally the only person who liked gilda, I think she seemed pretty cool actually, just misunderstood. But more griffons would be great, there just arent enough griffons in the show.
  • Brohoof 1

There were only two Griffons ever shown in the show, and one of them was an entire douche bag. The other was a competitive chef who learned to work with others, so I don't think either of them were very 'interesting' to be a fan of xP

I thought Gilda was pretty cool at first, then learned of how much of a bully she was to everyone :/

(edited)

Because Griffons got a bad ambassador, if you will. The only griffon that we have seen so far was a bully and made Fluttershy cry, so we naturally dislike them because Fluttershy should never cry.

EDIT: Oh yes, we had the baker. But I didn't like him either. So there.

Edited by Doctor-Whooves

the_rosy_apple_by_equestria_prevails-d5w

Yes...

north_griffonia_by_equestria_prevails-d5

...yes...

from_black_skies_come_the_rainbow_warrio

...yes.

Man, I love me some griffins. The talons, the epic wings, the ability to hold swords objects. They'd make a great contrasting society to the ponies and, if need be for the story, adversaries.

• Brohoof 6

the_rosy_apple_by_equestria_prevails-d5w

Yes...

north_griffonia_by_equestria_prevails-d5

...yes...

from_black_skies_come_the_rainbow_warrio

...yes.

Man, I love me some griffins. The talons, the epic wings, the ability to hold swords objects. They'd make a great contrasting society to the ponies and, if need be for the story, adversaries.

that... was... awsome! I liked the third one the most, I really want to see more griffons, even if its just to see how they will act toward teh ponez. Heck, maybe the griffin kingdom is like lord of the rings kingdoms, that would be so cool.

hell even Gilda would be fun in an occasional anti-hero role, making fun of the Mane 6 and generally being a pain

I can totally see that. Don't have her be a straight up villain. Instead, make Gilda kind of like Harold from Hey Arnold, where she'd switch between bully character that serves as a story's antagonist, or she'd be indifferent in some episodes, or she'd straight up be on their side (with an attitude).

• Brohoof 1

I can totally see that. Don't have her be a straight up villain. Instead, make Gilda kind of like Harold from Hey Arnold, where she'd switch between bully character that serves as a story's antagonist, or she'd be indifferent in some episodes, or she'd straight up be on their side (with an attitude).

I was thinking more like red x from teen titans, you know, frenemy/antihero. She could be a villan most of the time, and when threres a serious threat, offer a temporary truce.
  • Brohoof 1

Personally, I loved griffins even before I discovered ponies. I had my own OC as well, obviously not in the show's style but regardless. Her name was Skyla. :wub:

When I found out there were griffins in the show, I was super hyped. I'm really hoping for some more griffin love in Season 4. Then the fans might give the griffins some attention.

I'll post some griffin art up here just as soon as I get access to the computer. :D

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

--Click to enlarge--

Picked this one up somewhere on MLP forums...post-1029-0-44003400-1368887170_thumb.jpg

this one is titled Reunion

post-1029-0-49402400-1368887238_thumb.png

There is a great wallpaper of a griffin holding a tommygun (old style gangster). Can't find it, let me see if I have it somewhere...

More: great for a back ground...the Griffon Kingdoms!

as always click to enlarge.

post-1029-0-78044700-1368887706_thumb.jpg

Aftermath of a pony/griffon war...another great wallpaper!

post-1029-0-19532800-1368887808_thumb.jpg

and

post-1029-0-29610500-1368888639_thumb.jpg

Aha! I found it!   I posted this in the Post Your Desktop thread...it's the gangster griffon I told y'all about!

as always click to enlarge. It makes for a great wallpaper

post-1029-0-55028500-1368889383_thumb.png

Edited by Silverhoof
  • Brohoof 4

--Click to enlarge--

Picked this one up somewhere on MLP forums...attachicon.gifmarshall_rhosus_by_equestria_prevails-d4c33z5.jpg

attachicon.gif

There is a great wallpaper of a griffin holding a tommygun (old style gangster). Can't find it, let me see if I have it somewhere...

attachicon.gif a07c50c6e543c1fe07c3579bce6d0366.jpg

attachicon.gif a07c50c6e543c1fe07c3579bce6d0366.jpg

attachicon.gif ac2135758f09c315249d9374c665ec66.jpg

and

attachicon.gif [url=http://mlpforums.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=54414]aerial_skirmish_by_equestria_prevails-d4d1tp3.jpg

these are awsome, I especially like the one with dash and gilda. I'm happy that people agree with me about teh griffonz, there just aren't enough in the show (or anywhere else for that matter).

--Click to enlarge--

Picked this one up somewhere on MLP forums...attachicon.gifmarshall_rhosus_by_equestria_prevails-d4c33z5.jpg

attachicon.gifreunion_by_naroclie-d49onxt.png

attachicon.gifa07c50c6e543c1fe07c3579bce6d0366.jpg

attachicon.gifac2135758f09c315249d9374c665ec66.jpg

and

attachicon.gifaerial_skirmish_by_equestria_prevails-d4d1tp3.jpg

Aha! I found it!   I posted this in the Post Your Desktop thread...it's the gangster griffon I told y'all about!

as always click to enlarge. It makes for a great wallpaper

attachicon.gifgreysonthegriffonbyatry.png

That's some awesome art, especially the scenery for the griffon kingdoms. The fight between Derpy and the griffon is epic too.happy.png

I just remembered annother thing griffons need. There isn't a griffon creator (at least not mlp style) that I know of, and I find that unfair. I think its stupid that there's only one for ponies and the other species don't get one. If there is more then just the pony creator, then could someone post a link to it?

If this show could afford a few...let's see...gritty episodes (which probably can't happen due to the initial target audience), I would love to see an episode that shows what happened to Gilda after Griffon the Brush Off, preferably one that shows her going through some rough times, and even eventually showing up working at a job that seems humiliating for a griffin.

Another good idea to bring Gilda back is for her to team up with Lightning Dust, and them finding ways to humiliate Rainbow Dash in revenge.

• Brohoof 2