47 users have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite Owner/Pet pair

• Twilight/Owlicious
    • Applejack/Winona
    • Fluttershy/Angel
    • Pinkie Pie/Gummy
    • Rarity/Opal
    • Rainbow Dash/ Tank

Okay, I guess it depends on how you see dragons. I never liked the "animal" idea behind dragons. Always preferred that sentient, talking, wise ones. Like spike can be (wise in the future?). Inheritance Cycle/Eragon-dragons, you know. A different, intelligent species, own culture, but no "animals" as in "we are humans/ponies, everyone else is an animal, no matter if you are a person or not."

I like that idea of dragons too, but that's not the idea I got from Dragon Quest. I understand completely why some wouldn't consider a dragon a pet, especially since they can talk.

But I guess we're getting off topic.

Rainbow Dash and Tank for me. They both have great chemistry for having some opposing traits on top of being insanely adorable together. Case in point:

332923__safe_rainbow-dash_animated_blush

226419__safe_rainbow-dash_animated_happy

276114__safe_rainbow-dash_idw_tank_broho

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Lastly, the definition of a pet.

That fits perfectly with Spike. You know what the "wild" dragons are like from Dragon Quest. I guess what I'm saying is that you can be a "pet" and an "assistant".

I wouldn't say that spike is domesticated or tamed, he can speak and has a sentient mind, sure he needs some looking after and care. But in that Logic, doesn't that mean we treat babies as pets too? Spike is in control of his life, and he can do many things an average pony can. 

@,

And I probably should of put Celestia/Philomena in,oops 

Edited by Toa of Ponies
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well SOMEONE'S gotta bring up this adorable duo:

640px-Applejack_petting_Winona_S03E11.pn

I really wish we got to see Winona more often, because she's pretty underrated. We really haven't seen a lot of bonding between AJ and her dog, but I still choose them 1) because I'm biased for Applejack, 2) because Winona is an insanely adorable little mutt, and 3) the two of them really work as a team. Winona is not just a pet, but she's part of the Apple Family. She really makes herself useful too, and only Owlowiscious and Angel can also claim that. Tank, Gummy, and Opal are fine pets, but they do little to help their owners in any way. (Okay, I think we can make a case for Tank.) :P

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 1

I wouldn't say that spike is domesticated or tamed, he can speak and has a sentient mind, sure he needs some looking after and care. But in that Logic, doesn't that mean we treat babies as pets too? Spike is in control of his life, and he can do many things an average pony can. 

Ugh, as I said earlier... in Dragon Quest dragons are portrayed as ferocious animals. While they can still talk, Spike has obviously been raised in a loving home so he has become "domesticated". I completely understand those who don't agree with me, but I'm just trying to make my case for the fact the Twilight/Spike is best owner/pet combo.

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash and Tank definitely win the contest for me here. They are the cutest together, not to mention that Tank seems to be the nicest out of all the pets.

Second place goes to Pinkie and Gummy :)

Ugh, as I said earlier... in Dragon Quest dragons are portrayed as ferocious animals. While they can still talk, Spike has obviously been raised in a loving home so he has become "domesticated". I completely understand those who don't agree with me, but I'm just trying to make my case for the fact the Twilight/Spike is best owner/pet combo.

We can't say if that is just their culture. But it could be.

Compare Spike to... Worf from Star Trek TNG. Yes, Worf is fine! Raised by humans, some species-characteristic behavior still somewhere inside him.

Even though I have cats, I think Rarity and Opal are only OK.  My three favorite pairings are Tank-RD, Pinkie-Gummy, and Fluttershy-Angel.  I like how Angel's "abuse" is his way of trying to toughen Fluttershy up.  I also find it ironic that Flutters has the gumption to stand up to the god of chaos while she's a doormat for Angel. 

I think the strength of Fluttershy's backbone depends on how powerful her adversary is.  And because Angel is just a bunny, she's nearly helpless against him, LOL! 

Easily Rainbow Dash and Tank, they bond like they are best friends and yet they are the exact opposite of each other, other than Tank being one of the most loyal pets around for the Element of Loyalty ;D I think it's cute how they get along so well :3

I like Rainbow Dash and Tank since, we would never expect Dashie to have a soft spot but for Tank that is pretty adorable. But, Applejack and Winona come at a close second.

Rainbow dash and tank, actually.

and Rbd is one of my least faves, so that's interesting. probably because they had a whole episode on tank that had a good moral, wheras twilight's was almost a repeat of rainbowdashes. denial, envy towards the other animal, etc.

I'm gonna go with Pinkie and Gummy. I dunno just something about how calm Gummy seems and how crazy Pinkie can get. Fluttershy and Angel were a close second. While I admittedly don't like Fluttershy all that much I find her relationship with Angel very entertaining to watch.

I think I'm tied for Rainbow/Tank and Fluttershy/Angel

Despite the fact May the Best Pet win being IMO a weak episode with a predictable plot. I find The relationship between Rainbow Dash and Tank to be pretty sweet. Not only is the irony between them cut clear and subtlety hilarious but their representation of loyalty is the best thing they both share. Seeing them again in Just For Sidekicks was pretty sweet given Rainbow's usual tough girl attitude.

I also think Fluttershy/Angel is pretty sweet as well. While Angel sometimes treats Fluttershy like crap; you know he really does care for her. Remember in Hurricane Fluttershy when Fluttershy ran away crying into a forest where all the animals comforted her and Angel was on top of her soothing her as she whimpered..

Wjwj9pc.gif