Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do your parents know you're a brony?

defaultremix

Do your parents know your a brony?  

830 users have voted

1. 1. Do your parents know your a brony?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

Mine know. When I watched two episodes, I walked up to my mom and said I love "My Little Pony." She stared at me and said okay. So, now everytime my parents are out and see something pony related, they usually buy it. My dad also likes to randomly shout "My Little Pony", just to get my attention. -.- Plus, I have a bunch of merch and wear shirts in public, so yeah, they know and don't care. XD

man, you sound like you have awesome parents...unlike mine.. :( :( :(

Yeah, both of mine knows that I'm a brony, and they are "concerned" about me

What's there to be concerned about? aha

I'm not really gonna own up to being a brony until I move out...but by then I guess they won't really give a sh**...

(I still don't know why I sensor swear words on this forum...)

My parents know, and they clearly don't mind. Though they are really surprised how much I love the series, I stunned them when I told them I'm making a video game about ponies. The only thing they did is to buy me a kiddy reading book with not that bad translations to laugh a bit with me, but that's all.

Edited by Rocket Punk

Mom, grandma and sister know (basically all my family). Mom asked me if I'm gay when I told her, I said I'm not. Even if I was it wouldn't matter, but she wants her nephews and stuff. She knows about the cloppers, I told her while laughing my a** off while she was looking terrified. Grandma likes cartoons too, same as my sister.

PS: I'm not a clopper, have nothing against them btw, whatever floats their boat! As long as they don't post pics of themselves on the net having sex with pony toys, like the guy ,,married to Twilight" did....

Welp I'm 29 years old, a weightlifter, a musician, die hard wrestling fan and a lover of death metal. So when I told my mom about it she thought I was kidding. Then after we had dinner together she accompanied me on my weekly action figure hunting trips and saw me buy a rainbow dash and she knew it was real haha. So it was just out of character for me but now she gets it like she does with everything else I do. My girl friend also knows and has even watched the episodes before we met and agreed that the stories are great. My friends know too. They will watch it with me.

• Brohoof 1

Yup. They didn't really approve (my dad still doesn't). Initially, they were concerned that I was gay, now they think it will turn me gay eventually. They are firm believers in boy/girl stereotypes.

When they first learned (through my brother, I must add), I tried showing them some Brony fanwork that was pretty cool. I thought it would give them something to think about, but my mother stopped caring, and my dad has a conspiracy that all Bronies are gay. So, I gave up.

I don't watch it around them, I don't talk about it around them. I only wear Brony shirts whenever we go to town, purely out of spite.

• Brohoof 1

My parents didn't know until they saw messages between me and my BF. Honestly, they don't care, they just thought it was funny because I used to hate on the briny fandom so much until my friend got my curious. XD

They'll probably buy me stuff for Christmas MLP related.

My parents know and they do not approve of it. But that's to be expected, they hate everything I like, fandom/media wise. They say the anime/manga I like is stupid, Sofia the First is stupid, Ever After High is stupid, Barbie movies are stupid, etc...And my being a brony just adds to the "concern"  they have for me. I think they're afraid I'll never grow up and move out because my being in fandoms is keeping me from finding a man or something redonk like that (which, BTW they are WAY too concerned about). My father once asked me "why can't you be normal?" And my mother admitted that, "I hate your ponies."

But in the end, I have a job and a paycheck and when I get spare income I can and will buy ponies and they can't do anything about it...Except shake their heads and say it's dumb. Which actually hurts enough on its own. Because I want them to be proud of/like me, but sometimes I feel like I'm just letting them down. But at the same time, I just CAN'T not be in fandoms. It's a vicious cycle.

Both of my parents know thanks to my little brother :P

I'm not mad at my brother though, he was under the impression they already knew (they did see a pony wallpaper of mine :P)

They think it's weird but they think me liking anime is weird too. They aren't mean about it, they just joke around from time to time. Heck, I joke with them about it :lol:

They know. They even used pick up random books, movies, and other merch from the local library from time to time. Of course, they were under the assumption that liking MLP meant that I would read the published books obviously meant for young children, at which point I would have to respond, "No. That's not how this works."

My parents know about that i'm brony.

But we don't talking about it too much, sometimes my dad jokes from me but then, when he reminds about this (it is when my sister watches MLP on TV in his room).

Does my parent's know that I'm into MLP? Yeah, pretty much. After watching the first two seasons, I began to say things from the show and I would get looks from everyone. I would say. "I watched MLP recently." They would nod their heads slowly and go back. 

It also helps to see some of these shows because being a nanny, I ought to know some good shows from bad ones. And it's good to tell the adults that this one they won't cringe every episode if their child wants them to watch with them.

Yes, my parents know. :3

I told them that I liked My Little Pony, and they said: 'Whatever makes you happy, son.'

So yeah.

Now whenever my dad sees pony merch in his travels, he offers to buy them for me. :3

Except so far it has always been plushies with really weird hair, that I don't like, so he hasn't bought anything yet. :/