Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What kind of themes do you want to see in future episodes?

Tenor Clef

I'd like to see them work out more realistic problems. Don't get me wrong, I love their friendship lessons! But it would also be nice to see them work out some problems that's stuck in our modern world today. But mabye not huge things like politics, huge conficts leading to war, or other very controversal matters. But just the main irks we always have to deal with. Although working with our own realistic matters doesn't sound at all like a good setup for an MLP episode, (seeing how Equestria looks almost like a Utopian society.) I just thought it'd be a bit interesting to see them attempt something realistic like that. Mabye it'd get me more interested in our world now.

• Brohoof 3

I'd like to see them work out more realistic problems. Don't get me wrong, I love their friendship lessons! But it would also be nice to see them work out some problems that's stuck in our modern world today. But mabye not huge things like politics, huge conficts leading to war, or other very controversal matters. But just the main irks we always have to deal with. Although working with our own realistic matters doesn't sound at all like a good setup for an MLP episode, (seeing how Equestria looks almost like a Utopian society.) I just thought it'd be a bit interesting to see them attempt something realistic like that. Mabye it'd get me more interested in our world now.

I agree fully!

so you want the ponies to talk about stem cell research, abortion, and gay marriage?

• Brohoof 1

so you want the ponies to talk about stem cell research, abortion, and gay marriage?

No, those would be terrible topics for a kids show! I mean things kids and adults would have to put up with. Like most conflicts that lead to depression states, (but of course get resolved) and seeing how we're having trouble with people dividing up and causing much distress right now, they could do one in a child's aspect, much less serious, but still have a followable moral that could go either way. (This kind of goes against my "no political episodes") But I guess in the long run, I just want to see more conflict that could go from destroying a friendship, to possibly putting the whole town in danger!
  • Brohoof 1

As discussed in one thread that I created, learning the theme about war would be a bit too much for the younger audience. However, if the developers could do it without making it too mature, it could work out very well.

• Brohoof 1

How about this? Due to an error, the bank gets set to foreclose on Sugarcube corner. The mane six have to soften the heart of a mean and nasty banker so the Cakes won't lose their business.

How about this? Due to an error, the bank gets set to foreclose on Sugarcube corner. The mane six have to soften the heart of a mean and nasty banker so the Cakes won't lose their business.

Sounds good, but what's with this "soften the heart" ordeal? Unless the banker has a specific grudge against Sugarcube corner, or if it's too late to pay the bank already, I can't see where the personal persuasiveness would fit in. I guess it just depends on what "error" you're talking about. Money, the percentage of business they acquire, or if there's maybe other rival business afoot. (I highly doubt the last one though.) But still, it depends on what "error" it is.

I'd like to see an episode cover discrimination. Have a Discord-esque villain use magic to make everypony except the mane 6 think their race is superior to the others. While Ponyville is in chaos because of everypony arguing, the mane 6 give a speech about equality, bringing everypony back to their senses. Sounds a little cheesy, but I can't think of a better way to do it. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

I guess you could say they kind of covered discrimination in the Hearth's Warming Eve episode, but the focus there wasn't really descrimination, just arguing in general.

• Brohoof 2

Sounds good, but what's with this "soften the heart" ordeal? Unless the banker has a specific grudge against Sugarcube corner, or if it's too late to pay the bank already, I can't see where the personal persuasiveness would fit in. I guess it just depends on what "error" you're talking about. Money, the percentage of business they acquire, or if there's maybe other rival business afoot. (I highly doubt the last one though.) But still, it depends on what "error" it is.

I was thinking of the banker to be somewhat like Ebeneezer Scrooge. He was a money lender after all. The error could be that Mr. Cake sent off the final payment of the mortgage, but in his rush to make the last payment on time forgot to actually put the check in the envelope. The last payment would then be late by one day, evoking a clause in the microscopic print, after the fine print.

I'd like to see an episode cover discrimination. Have a Discord-esque villain use magic to make everypony except the mane 6 think their race is superior to the others. While Ponyville is in chaos because of everypony arguing, the mane 6 give a speech about equality, bringing everypony back to their senses. Sounds a little cheesy, but I can't think of a better way to do it. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

I guess you could say they kind of covered discrimination in the Hearth's Warming Eve episode, but the focus there wasn't really descrimination, just arguing in general.

They already covered that with Zecora

• Brohoof 1

I was thinking of the banker to be somewhat like Ebeneezer Scrooge. He was a money lender after all. The error could be that Mr. Cake sent off the final payment of the mortgage, but in his rush to make the last payment on time forgot to actually put the check in the envelope. The last payment would then be late by one day, evoking a clause in the microscopic print, after the fine print.

Then yes that would be a good episode! I can now defiantly see the persuasion happening! :)

They already covered that with Zecora

With Zecora, it wasn't discrimination, it was prejudging the worth or value of something by its outward appearance alone*. I'm talking about prejudicial treatment of an individual based on their membership in a certain group or category*.

*Thank you Wikipedia. I'm way too distracted to think that verbosely at the moment. :­P

I had a thought just a couple days ago for a possible episode, in which Rarity was asked by Princess Celestia to create for her a dress of pure epicness. Of course, Rarity would completely flip out about it not being absolutely perfect, and probably would explode if the Princess did not like it.

Yeah, I personally don't mind the girly fashion episodes myself, so I'd likely enjoy an episode like this :P

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Have a group of Earth ponies try to get Applejack and Pinkie Pie to hate the other four by lying to them. Racial discrimination between the three kinds.

Also, maybe have one about business where Pinkie Pie tries to start her own Partying shop, and learns what hard work really is.

Anything involving the family members of the Pegasi. I find it fascinating that of all the Mane 6 and the CMC, the only ones whose family we haven't seen yet are Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Scootaloo.

Edited by hawkflame

I think they should address cyber-bullying. Though not a problem for me or anyone (hopefully) I know, it's still quite a serious problem.

People take stuff too seriously and can crack when under pressure or go mad from being constantly teased. They could incorporate Diamond Tiara ad Silver Spoon to be the villains (as usual) an have them spread harmful gossip about the CC or something to that affect 9though, it might be too similar to AB's embarrassing Granny Smith episode). :huh: