• Classical
    • Blues
    • Pop
    • Other (Explain)
    • Alternative
    • Country
    • Folk

(edited)

If we stuck them in gas chambers they would learn. 

Hi mah name is soandso and eye lizens tew klazic rawk. Nobudy elze in mah clazz duz so duz dat maek me uh weirdo?

lel hai soandso ai to liek klazik rawk, i haet todays muzik cuz it all sux. I haev herd evurry artist in todais muzik and dey sux D:<

nd no, lieking klazik rawk maeks u totaly afsum nd u haev gut taest in muzik den (: (: (: (:

Edited by Chiaki Minami

lel hai soandso ai to liek klazik rawk, i haet todays muzik cuz it all sux. I haev herd evurry artist in todais muzik and dey sux D:<

nd no, lieking klazik rawk maeks u totaly afsum nd u haev gut taest in muzik den (: (: (: (:

Ohh em gee, i luvz klazic rawk tew, muzik nowadaz iz zo lbend cumpaird tew hou it waz bak in da day. Ppl arr zo talentlezz tuday. Eye haetz it.

Ohh em gee, i luvz klazic rawk tew, muzik nowadaz iz zo lbend cumpaird tew hou it waz bak in da day. Ppl arr zo talentlezz tuday. Eye haetz it.

OMZAGUD finaleh a tenagar ho isnt stuped ur sumthing LELELELELELLELEELLELE

It might not be a legitimate genre, but is the best way to describe that style of music into a genre that everyone will understand. I'm referring to the earlier rock from the 60s and 70s. Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Who, etc., you get the Idea.

There's nothing wrong with just calling it "rock" since those bands play the "purest" form of rock. Everything else that came after are categorized into other sub-genres

But I wanted to be the OP -.-

Well let's just hope people DON'T go back a few pages. 

The other thread was much larger. As a general rule, smaller threads get merged into larger threads. Exception was made for your poll because, as I said, it was just better :P

There's nothing wrong with just calling it "rock" since those bands play the "purest" form of rock. Everything else that came after are categorized into other sub-genres

That's what I thought too. Why not just call it "rock"? Why stick the word "classic" in there? It sounds stupid. Just call it rock and shut up. 

I still like Hip-Hop even though, I'm not used to the new Hip-Hop. Even though I like old Hip-Hop, I can still give props to the new music because it continues the tradition.

I LOVE ROCK Music and K-POP which isn't an option though :(

I can't understand the lyrics because its Korean but the music, dance, boys ;)

and the lyrics of each song(if i search for it) is EPIC!!! <3 <3 <3 ^_^

Though I love rock and alternative, I think electronic wins out here, because some of my favorite artists - Renard, Rchetype, Wolfgun, and melodysheep - are electronic artists.

That said, I have a special place in my heart for game compositions because of Marty O'Donnell. The scores he composed for Halo continue to this day to capture my imagination.

I LOVE ROCK Music and K-POP which isn't an option though sad.png

I can't understand the lyrics because its Korean but the music, dance, boys wink.png

and the lyrics of each song(if i search for it) is EPIC!!! <3 <3 <3 happy.png

It's pretty obvious that K-Pop isn't an option because Pop already exists in the poll. Vote for that option if K-Pop is your favorite genre :WW

I love emo-pop! Most of my favorite artists are from the emo-pop genre. I absolutely love Paramore and *fangirl squeal* Fall Out Boy XD.

I love emo-pop! Most of my favorite artists are from the emo-pop genre. I absolutely love Paramore and *fangirl squeal* Fall Out Boy XD.

Stuff like Paramore and Fall Out Boy isn't emo. Emo would be stuff like Fugazi, Rites of Spring, PG.99 (emoviolence), etc. Emo belongs under punk.

Stuff like Paramore and Fall Out Boy isn't emo. Emo would be stuff like Fugazi, Rites of Spring, PG.99 (emoviolence), etc. Emo belongs under punk.

No, it's definitely not emo in it's "punk form", but both Paramore and Fall Out Boy plays some sort of Emo Pop. It's a pretty shitty genre, especially compared to regular emo, emoviolence and skramz :V

No, it's definitely not emo in it's "punk form", but both Paramore and Fall Out Boy plays some sort of Emo Pop. It's a pretty shitty genre, especially compared to regular emo, emoviolence and skramz :V

I kinda like skramz, but emo pop punk whatever thefuq it is is very shitty :< I'm more familiar with post-hardcore and hardcore punk. Pg.99 is pretty good.

I kinda like skramz, but emo pop punk whatever thefuq it is is very shitty :< I'm more familiar with post-hardcore and hardcore punk. Pg.99 is pretty good.

Yeah, it's not really pure Emo Pop (Weezer are more Emo Pop than both of those bands), but it's a mix of some weird modern emo stuff and Pop Punk. Awful

Anyways, pg.99 are really awesome, you should check out Saetia, Orchid, Circle takes the Square and I Hate Myself. Great Skramz stuff right there. Indian Summer are also great, but they play more of a Post-Hardcore/Emo mix. They are awesome nonetheless

Yeah, it's not really pure Emo Pop (Weezer are more Emo Pop than both of those bands), but it's a mix of some weird modern emo stuff and Pop Punk. Awful

Anyways, pg.99 are really awesome, you should check out Saetia, Orchid, Circle takes the Square and I Hate Myself. Great Skramz stuff right there. Indian Summer are also great, but they play more of a Post-Hardcore/Emo mix. They are awesome nonetheless

I like Weezer, but they're more of a emo/power pop/grunge thing. I love the Blue Album c:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABtvf252Pq8

So far I lonly have two skramz bands, Pg.99 and Circle Takes the Square. 

Rock and folk for me, although I generally listen to a lot more rock than folk, because I haven't really taken the time to go out and hunt for more good folk artists.

I guess my favorite would be good old Rock and Roll but I also like electronic, blues, R&B, rap, new country, punk, ska...pretty much anything. Used to be huge into metal and mosh pits etc. but not as much anymore.

My favorite genres, is rock I think. Pretty easily actually :P. I listen to a bunch of different rock songs and types, so yeah it all depends on what I feel like I guess.

Ive listened to some of all kinds of genres though.

(edited)

This is honestly an impossible question for me to answer. I can find enjoyment in nearly any genre. Whether it's Rock & Roll, Pop, Hip-Hop, Techno, Country, Folk, Classical, or even chiptune video game tracks, I can find something within any genre that pleases my hearing cavities. 

I personally enjoy bands that are hard to label as a single genre. The kind of band that switches it up with each song, while still keeping a familiar sound and style that coincides with their preferable attributes. I like bands that aren't afraid to take risks, and do something totally different for a change, instead of copying what is popular. Bands that do what they want because it doesn't just make others happy, but it makes themselves happy.

Edited by Keiichi
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everypony, I was just wondering what kind of music you guys like. happy.png

I usually listen to pop and dubstep, and there is this one metal song I like listening to that my mum showed me...

Also, what bands or artists do you like? I just wanted to start a general conversation laugh.png

I am alternative when it comes to music,but,tbh,i really can't stand death metal!

Some of my favorite bands would have to be!

A day to remember

breaking benjamin

30 seconds to mars

Bayside

Three days grace

Keith urban

Trace Adkins 

Darrius Rucker

Zach Brown Band

Kenny Chesney

Toby Keith

Owl City

System of a down

(that's all i can remember at the moment!)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

How many "what is your favorite genre of music?" threads are there? *facepalm* Well whatever, I listen to mostly metal and alternative stuff.

I am alternative when it comes to music,but,tbh,i really can't stand death metal!

Some of my favorite bands would have to be!

A day to remember

breaking benjamin

30 seconds to mars

Bayside

Three days grace

Keith urban

Trace Adkins

Darrius Rucker

Zach Brown Band

Kenny Chesney

Toby Keith

Owl City

System of a down

(that's all i can remember at the moment!)

Why does everyone on this flippin' website hate death metal? :( Edited by France

I'm more into electronic forms of music, more specifically;

Electro

Electro-house

Fidget

Modern Electro Dance

------------------------------

Some of my favorite artists in these genres would be

-Showtek

-Spencer and Hill

-Access Denied (LOVE that guy!)

-Varien

-Dyro-Leprechauns
-Gordy
-Knife Party

-Zedd

-Pegboard Nerds

-Myself XD

That's about all I can think of at the moment.