Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Honest Opinions, Please

Page.Turner

Hey there! So, I've been secretly (not really) working on a MLP based fan fiction and the characters I've created have been in my head so long I felt I needed to get them down on digital paper.

What I would like some advice on is the actual look of the characters and, if you really feel you need to, on the art itself.

Their names are Periwinkle Plume (left) and Professor Grim (right)

If you feel you need a back story in order to judge them, let me know and I'll write one up in this post!

• Brohoof 10

They are awesome! Periwinkle Plume just makes me laugh, from the name and she just seems like Pinkie when she's talking to the professor. Professor Grim has a very nice design and I feel that every acessory item you put on him just matches so well.

Looks cool. One thing I noticed is that Periwinkle seems to be looking *above* Grim, or at least at the curl in his mane, rather than at him. Is that deliberate? It might just be me though.

They are awesome! Periwinkle Plume just makes me laugh, from the name and she just seems like Pinkie when she's talking to the professor. Professor Grim has a very nice design and I feel that every acessory item you put on him just matches so well.

Thank you, I'm glad you like them so much :D and I'm glad they're quite a hit so far. Plume's personality has the SLIGHTEST bit of Pinkie Pie in it when she gets excited over something new to study, but otherwise she's just a simple, happy pony C:

Looks cool. One thing I noticed is that Periwinkle seems to be looking *above* Grim, or at least at the curl in his mane, rather than at him. Is that deliberate? It might just be me though.

Oh! Upon closer inspection, you would be correct! O: Oops! Thanks for pointing that out for me C:

• Brohoof 1

I'll try to give my honest opinion here

It's nearly perfect, but you can work on proportions, especially when it comes to the eyes. Periwinkle Plume's eye looks really odd, and so does Professor Grim's. Professor Grim's hair isn't shaded properly in my opinion, doesn't look natural. Also, the outlines look a bit inconsistent

To the positive part: You have an eye for detail, and both OC's clothes and cutie marks where done with near perfection and their expressions were accurate, even though Periwinkle Plume's expression is a bit off (due to faulty eye proportion and placement)

Bottom Line: A very good drawing with some minor and simple issues

I'll try to give my honest opinion here

It's nearly perfect, but you can work on proportions, especially when it comes to the eyes. Periwinkle Plume's eye looks really odd, and so does Professor Grim's. Professor Grim's hair isn't shaded properly in my opinion, doesn't look natural. Also, the outlines look a bit inconsistent

To the positive part: You have an eye for detail, and both OC's clothes and cutie marks where done with near perfection and their expressions were accurate, even though Periwinkle Plume's expression is a bit off (due to faulty eye proportion and placement)

Bottom Line: A very good drawing with some minor and simple issues

Hmmmmm... I'm having a hard time seeing what you are D: Do you think you could give me some deeper detail on how to change the eyes, etc? And alas, I know his hair doesn't look that great D: My excuse is that I kind of winged it by using just white and an airbrush tool. With Periwinkle's eyes, are they too big? o3o

Thank you so much for your honest input C: I really do appreciate it! Any and all advice will simply help me improve C:

Hmmmmm... I'm having a hard time seeing what you are D: Do you think you could give me some deeper detail on how to change the eyes, etc? And alas, I know his hair doesn't look that great D: My excuse is that I kind of winged it by using just white and an airbrush tool. With Periwinkle's eyes, are they too big? o3o

Thank you so much for your honest input C: I really do appreciate it! Any and all advice will simply help me improve C:

Periwinkle's eye is placed wrong, not the wrong size. It looks like she's doing some sort of weird derp stare, and placing here eye a bit down to the left should make her eye look normal. It really leaves out a large proportion of the eye, making it look extremely unnatural. The same goes for Grim, but it's not placed too badly

You're welcome for the criticism, I'm glad you're open minded about it and don't go apeshit because of some feedback ;3

Great drawings! Here's some criticism for each.

Periwinkle Plume- 

Good colour scheme and unique manestyle. Great name. Cute and simple cutie mark as well. The outfit is great! Pretty well drawn also. 

Nothing to complain about with her but the eyes. They should have a shine in them. Makes it look better, imo. Also, try to make the lines a little less wobbly around the hooves. Also, hooves should be a little smaller.

Professor Grim-

Also good colour scheme, but slightly overused. Outfit is good, but I'll bring up the eyes again. It looks a little unnatural without the shine, imo. xP

I really love both of these! Both of them are very well drawn and it all just looks very professional. As already said in the thread, the iris inside the eyes looks a bit odd and could be more detailed. But overall it is really good.

This thread does not appear to have anything to do with requests and has been sentenced to the Fan Art board. The Requests Guild is for users offering requests, or asking for requests.

These are actually really well done OCs.  Names are good, coloring is attractive but subtle, no superfluous accessories, characters are well drawn.  Grim's tail is too short and his cutie mark should be moved slightly higher up on his flank, but other than that, they're really excellent, a pair of the best OCs I've seen in my long time in the fandom

• Brohoof 1

Ooof! This is great! The only things I'm seeing that I think could be changed are that (1) the professor's tail should be a little bit longer, and (2) their eyes could be looking more directly at each other, Periwinkle's iris/pupil shifted a little lower, and the professor's closer to the bottom of the eye. Both OC's are well designed and crafted, I absolutely LOVE Periwinkle's outfit! :D