DITR

Flash Sentry needs to be shown more to yknow develop him more.

I ship Flashlight.

Doctor/Derpy is an overrated as hell ship and I don't care for it.

If Sombra had been given more than a small handful of lines and more development he could've worked as a good villain but he didn't do he was a horrible villain imo. Plus I hate bringing this old thing back but he looks like a badly designed oc.

I like rainbow dash but she gets wayyyyyyyyy too much love, more than she deserves really.

-I don't think the CMCs should get their cutie marks until the series finale, hence not in Season 5, just at the end of the show. 

-I think Fluttershy is lacking in personality. She has good moments and I don't dislike her, but it feels as if the writers bank on cute appeal and shyness as opposed to developing her character more (how many episodes has she had to face her shyness and failed?) which is beginning to get grating.

-I think the worst episode is "Sonic Rainboom" and I find the way the writing staff treated Rarity for the sake of developing RD is justifiable in absolutely no way whatsoever :eww:

-I think the only reasons "Sleepless in Ponyville" is popular is because of Luna and Scootalove.

-That being said, I find Rarity having Sweetie Belle pull the luggage in that episode 22 minutes of my life I wasted totally justifiable. Sweetie willingly tried manipulating her sister into bending into a way that would satisfy her own needs, and Rarity is no dummy. Why not just get a little bit of sisterly payback? Everyone acted like Rarity was being a slave driver just to criticize her, it felt like.

• Brohoof 6

~Applejack and Rainbow Dash are my least favorites out of the main six. I dislike their personalities.

~CMC episodes are unnessesary. What role do they play in the show besides trying to get their cutie marks?

~Chrysalis is overrated

~The Best Night Ever is one of my least favorite episodes

~I approve of Twilicorn.

~I dislike most shippings.

~I kinda like Equestria girls, but did they really need to add the weird ears/wings thing? Ik it's to sell toys but still.

~Derpy is the only good background character.

Sunset Shimmer isn't that great of a character. Sure she was improved (a little) in Rainbow Rocks, but in the first movie all she was was a cliche High School villain.

Luna is the worst out of the 4 princesses.

Edited by Miles Tails Prower

The show's boring.

Ever since the end of Season 3, I've just lost all interest in MLP. That fun, entertaining spark is gone now.

Really? I think Season 4 is great!

I haven't been as entertained by the show since Return of Harmony. X3

OH HO!! Shots fired!! XDD

(Doesn't bother me, Celestia's my fave, but dang!! XDDDD)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like the majority of the songs, it's not like they're anything special. The only song I found to be pretty good was Apples to the Core.

I'm in a similar position. In the earlier seasons, there were very few songs, so whenever they DID have a song everyone celebrated. As of season 3, it feels like every other episode tries to shoehorn in a musical number, and most of them are unmemorable and boring as a result. I can't remember any of the songs from "Magical Mystery Cure" at all, and I didn't care for "Hearts as Strong as Horses", "Raise This Barn", etc.

There are still occasional good ones, like "Bad Seed" or "Generosity", but even these don't match up to "Art of the Dress" and "Winter Wrap Up".

OHHH THAT STINGS!! I'm honestly kidding about that. Everyone has their own preferences. :P

Edited by ThatAwkwardBookworm
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Pinkie has been absolute garbage since season 2 ended.

Pinkie Pride is the worst portrayal of Pinkie in the entirety of the series.

Every one of the mane six should tell her that unless she starts acting like a friend again, they're going to stop interacting with her entirely.

However, she wasn't even the worst thing about Filli Vanilli.

Also I would enjoy a nicely done romance in canon.

-I think King Sombra was an amazing villain.

-I thought Twilight's ascension was a great thing and it was done well.

-I have loved this show and my passion for it has only continued to grow. Only one episode has earned my absolute ire.

-Further, that particular episode was Bats! something that many seem to like.

I'll admit it everyone...

I think that Spike is pretty annoying, I don't like him, when bad things happen to him, I laugh.

I like Mare Do Well

I really REALLY REALLY want Vinyl Scratch x Octavia to be canon. Like, please? It's make me and my ship very pleased. 

I think the human versions of ponies looks really stupid. Like, REALLY stupid. 

giphy.gif

- i like aj, but episodes are boring when the apple family is involved

- episodes about the cmc's bore me to death

- i don't care about spike

- flash sentry doesn't annoy me

- changelings are too dark for g4, they would fit better to g1

- sombra was actually cool

Edited by Gary S.

Well, just the ones that I probably won't be using as the subject of anything in the near future;

Pinkie Pie was hilarious in Filli Vanilli, and the hatred for it is a classic case of missing the joke, which was making fun of the "isn't it great that everyone will be watching your every move while you're onstage?" trope. What's more, this is an ironic shame, because the show has used that trope before, with Fluttershy doing it to Rainbow Dash in Sonic Rainboom, Photo Finish and Rarity doing it to Fluttershy in Green Isn't Your Color and Hearth's Warming Eve, ect. and because the trope itself is REALLY stupid. (Yet it, of course, never got any backlash.)

Season 4 wasn't much better than season 3 until it got to Pinkie's Pride.

Pinkie Pie's existential crisis in Pinkie's Pride was a lame bid for melodrama in the last episode that called for it.

Rarity only has 2 great episodes, and neither of them are from season 1 (or include songs). 

And of course, I just started a thread and did a video on For Whom The Sweetie Belle Toils hurting Sweetie Belle as a character, so there's that.

• Brohoof 1

I never understood why Season 1 was placed in such a high regard by some people, even calling it the best season of the show. Don't get me wrong, it was still better then S3 and has some very great episodes like Winter Wrap Up, Cutie Mark Cronicles and Party of one, but i felt that it was a very experimental season. They used this season to establish alot of the characters first, before moving on to bigger things, which we have seen in S2 and S4 (and a bit in S3)

That's why i think S4 is my favorite season, because it takes big risks and i love that. I would rather have a show that takes big risks and have a few bad episodes, then having a show that plays it safe and has just okay episodes. Episodes like Pinkie Pride, Maud Pie, For whom the Sweetie Belle tolls, testing, testing, 1,2,3 are all pony classics for me.

• Brohoof 4

OK I got the big one.

Lauren Faust is not a freaking god.

I mean, I respect her for the things she did bring us, and the world and characters she brought. But that doesn't mean you're a good writer. She seems to be a better show runner than she is a writer. The episodes she did write had a main problem of lacking subtly and having some of the most cheesiest dialogue I have ever seen.

Also, season 1 is not best season. It may be to some people but not to me. It didn't feel it got really good until about 7 episodes in. It also kind of had to ease in to the good writing seeing as how the show was just establishing itself. After they established everything, then the show got really good and the other seasons were built on top of each other.

Also, some episodes that are extremely hated by the fandom aren't actually that bad. It's like, if the episode is not perfect then it's instantly the scum of animation. Really, perfect episodes of any show only come around once in a blue moon. Not to mention these said episodes seem to get hated well good things about them are missed entirely due to people having a biased fit of rage over it.

• Brohoof 7

OK I got the big one.

Lauren Faust is not a freaking god.

I mean, I respect her for the things she did bring us, and the world and characters she brought. But that doesn't mean you're a good writer. She seems to be a better show runner than she is a writer. The episodes she did write had a main problem of lacking subtly and having some of the most cheesiest dialogue I have ever seen.

Also, season 1 is not best season. It may be to some people but not to me. It didn't feel it got really good until about 7 episodes in. It also kind of had to ease in to the good writing seeing as how the show was just establishing itself. After they established everything, then the show got really good and the other seasons were built on top of each other.

Also, some episodes that are extremely hated by the fandom aren't actually that bad. It's like, if the episode is not perfect then it's instantly the scum of animation. Really, perfect episodes of any show only come around once in a blue moon. Not to mention these said episodes seem to get hated well good things about them are missed entirely due to people having a biased fit of rage over it.

You know, I can agree that Faust's episodes and stories aren't very good overall, and personally I didn't really like season 1 until 9 episodes in. But I still say it was mostly her vision and creativity that was necessary to make the show as amazingly not-awful as it is. Her strength lied in her characters, and even more her worldbuilding, and the stories really weren't ever all that important if you ask me.

I'm getting very sick of "20% cooler"

Its probably just me being a grumpster after hearing and seeing it so many times, but I've very tired of it.

Is that actually still a thing? I don't hear that so much anymore, but i was never a big fan of that quote. I used that in the first few months when i was a brony and that's it.

Its probably just me being a grumpster after hearing and seeing it so many times, but I've very tired of it.

admittedly I always find it hilarious when fan artists portray Rainbow Dash getting sick of it too

The context it's mostly used in portrays Rainbow Dash as kind of one dimensional. There's more to her character than just, "AWESOME 20% COOLER EVERY TO THE EXTEEEEEEEEEEEME!"

• Brohoof 2

The context it's mostly used in portrays Rainbow Dash as kind of one dimensional. There's more to her character than just, "AWESOME 20% COOLER EVERY TO THE EXTEEEEEEEEEEEME!"

Now i imagine Rainbow Dash saying that with a surfer voice. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Can't believe this is considered unpopular, but there are only a few episodes that I would say I hate. I'm talking 2 or 3. Everything else is pretty much either meh or good. It's because I can either be really critical or pretty laid back.

• Brohoof 1