Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight's Punishment?

Dreadmallon

Seeing as the the only punishments that have been handed out by the government have consisted of two extremely long duration non-capital rulings against world-threatening supervillains (respectively "Banished to the Moon for 1000 years" and "Sealed in stone [allegedly] Forever") We have no good basis for assuming how Celestia dishes out justice.

Celestia never said she was going to punish Twilight. She ordered her to the library so they could talk privately, and then calmed the distraught student down. The rest assumed the punishment, and ran to Twilight's defense. The princess was amused, and humored them by saying their concern was enough for her to give Twilight a reprieve. This is how I read the situation. Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 4

I don't think she got one in the end. also I think it's strange that the mane 6 (but especially Twilight) always get so paranoid that princess Celestia is going to punish them or banish them or something. I actually find it quite amusing, I mean I thought princess Celestia was a kind and fair ruler. it's understandable about twilight because she's so like OCD about everything being perfect. (which I also find amusing)

I don't think she got one in the end. also I think it's strange that the mane 6 (but especially Twilight) always get so paranoid that princess Celestia is going to punish them or banish them or something. I actually find it quite amusing, I mean I thought princess Celestia was a kind and fair ruler. it's understandable about twilight because she's so like OCD about everything being perfect. (which I also find amusing)

Discord and the Princess own sister basically got punishments that were worse than death.

We are yet to see some mortal pony be a criminal. That could be a nice episode

I do believe that Princess Celestia had some sort of punishment in mind. After all, she had witnessed her student losing control of her magical abilities and sending a significant portion of the town into a frenzy. Had the situation been just a tad different, there could have been loads of injuries, or possibly even ponies killing each other as a result of Twilight's misuse of her abilities. There is no way that Princess Celestia could have allowed that to go unpunished.

The question is, what form would the punishment have taken? Frankly, I don't think it would have been severely punitive or harmful. It wouldn't have been imprisonment or forced labor or anything of that nature. Rather, it would have been rehabilitative, possibly even some court-ordered therapy, so to speak, for Twilight's emotional issues that led to her committing these acts in the first place...something I still think she could use. In other words, the punishment would have been intended to help Twilight learn why what she did was wrong as well as encourage her not to do it again.

Seeing the support that Twilight's friends gave her, especially since they more or less outright told Princess Celestia how they could help Twilight avoid similar incidents in the future, was why Princess Celestia instead took the tack of allowing Twilight's friends to do the job for her. As an added bonus, the additional letters would help fill her in on the rest of the Mane Six outside the filter of Twilight's perspective, something I feel Princess Celestia would find especially useful since the Mane Six might be forced to used the Elements of Harmony again in the future, and thus the Princess would want to keep an eye on their friendship and ensure that it remains solid and strong. Friendship is Magic, after all, and without their friendship they can't use the Elements, which could potentially put all of Equestria in serious jeopardy.

• Brohoof 3

Celestia would've had a giant troll face mask and said the following:

"Yo Dawg, I heard you liek Banishment. So I'm going to banish you to Magic Kindergarten which I placed on the Everfree Forest...on the Moon!"

If I remember correctly twilight was not in any initial trouble, I think she was just going to get scolded, but when her friends busted in and begged and pleaded Celestia's brain went into 4x4 troll mode and said, "Wellll, I wont punish you, but you all have to write me letter now... problem?"