Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you smoke ?

Belgian&Brony

I enjoy the occasional cigar, pipe, and smoke hookah every now and then.  Cigarettes aren't my thing, there's no taste to them when compared to better tobacco.

Smoking is disgusting. Everything about it is disgusting. It smells horrible, turns your teeth yellow, and rots you from the inside out. I understand it is a bad habit to break, but it shouldn't have become a habit in the first place. Something that causes cancer and purposely harms your body is NEVER appealing. 

I'm sorry but there's NOTHING "badass" about doing this to yourself:

post-13636-0-76883100-1373643490.jpg

I can't see me when I'm angry, but usually I don't smoke. IMHO smoking is just wasting your money for something unpalatable that slowly kills you. As both of my parents were smoking, I wasn't unaffected by passive smoking, and I hated it. I still do hate cigarette smoke even though I can tolerate if someone smokes near me.

*sigh* No, I do not smoke, and I pity anyone who does.

However, if you are the sort of person who enjoys disease, lung cancer, trouble breathing, crowned by a slow and painful death, than smoking is definitely for you.

• Brohoof 2

I feel bad for those who have tried it and now regret ever doing it. I can't imagine how hard it is to quit some thing that becomes really addictive. Smoking is just well.... what do you think? Its nothing good that I will say.

No, I don't smoke. I'm 14.

And I've done some research about lung cancer.

It's not anything that you would want to happen to you.

And secondhand smoke can be dangerous to the people around you.

So, I have decided that I am never going to smoke.

• Brohoof 2

I'm 14, so of course I don't smoke. I don't think I ever will.

And anyway how is smoking "badass"?  

(Just like Code Junkie said) it slowly kills you and it is really expensive and a waste of money.

I don't understand why people do it in the first place if they know it's bad for you, but I will respect them anyway. :3 

• Brohoof 1

I'm 14, so of course I don't smoke. I don't think I ever will.

And anyway how is smoking "badass"?  

(Just like Code Junkie said) it slowly kills you and it is really expensive and a waste of money.

I don't understand why people do it in the first place if they know it's bad for you, but I will respect them anyway. :3

its badass because if you smoke you dont fear death almost every smoker dies from lung cancer if you smoke you have a 95% chance to survive it smoking is sacrificing your body for your soul tell me who wants to kill himself? The ones who say i have courage and that courage is what i call badass

Im 14 and I definetly do not smoke. Any addictive behaviour that is hurting you physically is bad. I do have problems with addiction, but not to drugs or smoking. It is not in any way cool though or me trying to be bad-ass, its just a problem I have. My grandfather died from cancer related to smoking, so Im pretty sure I will never start.

He'll no! I'm only in middle school and when I see my mom doing it, I get SO MAD. My method of getting her to put it out is by coming as close as I can and sniffing it. She always puts it out. I'm never going to smoke because my school has DARE to resist drugs and violence. Plus, it's dumb. I'm never going to smoke and its not badass. Knock some sense into this person, someone! -_-

(edited)

Here's a personality test for anyone trying to decide whether or not to smoke:

1. Do you like Swiss cheese?

A. Yes.
B. No.

2. Are you a hyper-advanced alien squid from beyond the multi-dimensions?

A. Yes.
B. No.

If the answer to any or all of those questions was A or B, you should not smoke.

If however, the answer to any or all of those questions was C, then you might be a demented schizophrenic who realizes the complex conspiracies and unstoppable world domination plots in McDonalds.

Edited by Dark Horn

Nope. Never even tried smoking. After observing the various negative affects it's had on several people in my own family and the simple, well-known fact that it's quite harmful to one's health, I've never been interested. Losing one grandmother to lung cancer caused by years of smoking and a grandfather losing his toes (though high caffeine intake was a big contributing factor) was all I needed to rob me of any curiosity. My dad used to smoke too but gave it up after the incident with my grandfather, and noticed his senses of taste and smell drastically improved after quitting.

I enjoy eating way too much to risk my sense of taste deteriorating. :P

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I did years ago, but developed a permanent cough that my doctor assured me would 'carry me off' if I didn't quit. One day I just decided I'd had enough and stopped.

The stupid part of it was I used to smoke while lifting weights-we had ashtrays by each of the benches-thought we were so cool.

What a bunch of idiots. My strength levels definately went up after I stopped. Wish I'd never tried it in the first place, however when I was growing up, literally everyone I knew smoked-the age of consent for it was 16-I started at 12.

Edited by Thunderchild
  • Brohoof 1

This is an easy one for me to answer because I have never smoked and never will. Honestly, I'm a "goody two-shoes" when it comes to drinking, sex, smoking, drugs, etc. Smoking really is not worth it in any way and it's best to not even try it.

Dude, im just 14 years old but I still know that smoking is not 'Badass' besides! It hurts your lungs so i don't see anything cool or badass as you say in smoking, even if you don't support it, smoking is still bad and you kind of should already know that by now.

I've been brought being taught that smoking is bad.  I mean I won't get in anyones face for doing it, but I won't partake in it myself.  The only I would say that I hate about it is when I'm at the mall and people selling them deliberately exhale the smoke right IN YOUR FACE  :angry: !!!  But other than nothing really for me to say.

I enjoy eating way too much to risk my sense of taste deteriorating. :P

I didn't even know it had an effect on that (though I could have easily have seen that with chewing tobacco), even without that I still had no desire to do it for the reasons I and many others have already stated so this just became another one of the many reasons why I will never do it. I have gotten exposed to a lot of great foods many of which people have never heard of thanks in large part to my Dad's side of the family being Italian immigrants (there is alot more to Italian food than just pizza and pasta folks) and my Dad being in the restaurant business for many years. With how spoiled I am losing my sense of taste would be a real nightmare.

I don't treat my body the way it should be treated. I drink almost a gallon of tea a day, and eat some fast food. Smoking is gross, not "badass." I do not want smoke, let alone drugs that have chemicals found in rat poison in my body.

its badass because if you smoke you dont fear death almost every smoker dies from lung cancer if you smoke you have a 95% chance to survive it smoking is sacrificing your body for your soul tell me who wants to kill himself? The ones who say i have courage and that courage is what i call badass

Yeah...it's really not at all and it's a little confusing to me as to why you think that. I think you've exaggerated that a lot, I don't think it's fair to say that people who smoke suddenly do not fear death in fact I doubt the thought ever crossed their minds.

It's not courageous to smoke, it just flat out isn't. It's a silly habit and as someone who's parents smoke I certainly don't see the appeal.
Maybe smoking was cool in the 60's, but it's certainly not anymore.

I don't smoke, since it doesn't feel polite to do that. My grandfather died of lung cancer since he always smoked, so I know not to. I don't get why people think it's "cool" to smoke, but there should be a way to stop.

I don't smoke, but I like it around me. It feels really weird that its banned indoors in pubs now. When the smell drifts in from the outside, that feels right....

Reading all the anti-smoking posts, some of them sound rather naive or self righteous about it that it's annoying, but they're right, it kills. It killed my grandmother who I never really got to know back in the mid 90s.

When I was young and growing up I was strictly against smoking, much to what my child mind was taught. Then as I got older and finished with high school, I loosened the fuck up. All these anti-smoking seminars and speeches given at school felt like propaganda, or brainwashing. Yes, smoking is bad, but schools were trying to make it into something much more terrible.

Since then I have became an occasional smoker. I smoke pipes and even cigars when I have the time, I enjoy the different blends that are available. There's a culture to pipes and cigars, a rich one that contrasts with cigarettes.

Two major differences with Pipes/Cigars and Cigarettes is that  1. Pipes and Cigars aren't infused with all the weird strange abnormal chemicals that cigarettes are, they are just natural dried out leaves that can cause cancer. 2. The other difference is that smoke from Pipes/Cigars is not normally inhaled into the lungs, but instead kept in the mouth, contrary to cigarettes. Less risk to your lungs, but there's still the risk of lung cancer.

What's funny is that my mother and grandfather are okay with me smoking pipes, but they would flip out if I started smoking cigarettes.

I smoke Cigars mostly and Hookahs every now and then, Cigarettes are awful and burn my throat, but for the most part I just do it because I like the taste.

• Brohoof 1

i smoked for about 6 years or so, quite the day i got married back in 10-16-10. best choice i ever made, went cold turkey and dang near 5 people in the process but i fell much better for it. after about 2 weeks the cravings started to fade and after a month they were gone. i still get the urge from time to time though, thats fo life!

• Brohoof 3