Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you smoke ?

Belgian&Brony

Well, as of August 26, I am of legal age to smoke, and even though the Circle K/Subway (they're combined in one convenience store here) has a lot of smokes buyers whenever I go to it, I never want to smoke. I don't mind if others smoke though, it's their choice.

Though should I even try smoking at least one cig out of curiosity? That came to mind when seeing this thread.

Anyone's role can easily be reversed given certain conditions.

I agree completely, and I'm willing to give somebody the benefit of the doubt. As I said, he could still surprise me, however unlikely I suspect him coming to his senses is. I didn't go from being a nasty, hateful person to who I am today overnight...it took collective experiences over a period of time. Getting out, traveling, experiencing new cultures, things, perspectives, etc.

I don't hate him for his opinions, just feel sorry for him. I honestly hope he can overcome his prejudice someday, if not anytime soon.

• Brohoof 1

I cannot legally smoke, and plus, why would I want to?

Smoking causes lung conditions, primarily Lung Cancer and Emphysema.

It also causes COPD, and even strokes (that's actually a condition causing rapid loss of brain function.)

So no, I'm not a smoker and never will be.

I don't smoke but i'll might try smoking when im legal

I can't promise to myself that im not gonna try it.

if i end up smoking then thats it then. i know the risks yeah yeah yeah

Edited by Georgeson

Sure I don't! This thing has a really bad taste.

This thing? what is it? :P

Cause they do come in flavors.... and yes, tasty ones too.. a lot of people do not know that... 

This thing? what is it? :P

Cause they do come in flavors.... and yes, tasty ones too.. a lot of people do not know that... 

Who the hell smokes for the taste? Weird people these days man. Smoking is for that relaxing feel. :) Not for taste.

I did not even try it, but the smoke smells really bad. And I don't want to even try that. No idea how it can be relaxing. I better listen to some Schubert for that effect...

Edited by Newbie

Who the hell smokes for the taste? Weird people these days man. Smoking is for that relaxing feel. :) Not for taste.

Can't you do it for both?!

Adds to the relaxation :P

• Brohoof 2

my mom smoked, and I remember when I was 8, I tried it.

I remember sneaking into my parents' bedroom as they slept, took out a pack a cigs and a lighter (what kid doesn't watch their parents?) and then went outside and went to the far side of the garage to try it. I swear one puff made me choke and choke. Needless to say, back then I thought it was awful, and proceeded to put everything back so I wouldn't get caught.

Lucky for me, I was too young to understand, and that memory has stayed with me, thus influencing my thoughts on cigarettes from a fairly young age. I don't like them.

Edited by Treble Bolt

I smoke frequently. Is it good for me? Hell no. If you don't think smoking is bad for you, then you're lying through the hole in your trachea.

It's bad for you. Then again, so is driving fast, old cars. And being in the infantry. And drinking. So needless to say, my life expectancy is pretty 'meh' anyway, haha. I do Crossfit and run three miles everyday to keep healthy, though. It's nice to know I can smoke like a freight train and stay in better shape than most other Americans.

Why do I smoke? I like it. That simple. Is it badass? I wouldn't say so. I don't demonize it like some of the folks around here (ain't mad at you guys, just sayin') though. Personality and actions make someone badass, not their habits or quirks.

• Brohoof 2

Man, whenever I light up, I instantly transform into badass mode, a leather jacket appearing on me as a motorcycle flies out of an alleyway and I do a back flip onto it and ride off into the sunset.

What, a pony can dream, right?

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

Yes, I do. But only at parties and other gatherings - way too expensive to do it daily, lol

Nope. Never have, never will. I can't stand them and never understood why people smoke. They smell terrible and it's just a shortcut to an earlier grave. Not being mean to anyone who does smoke, just being honest and answering the question

I personally do not think smoking is "the most badass thing". Smoking on occasion is fine, because your lungs naturally clean themselves, but they can't do that if you smoke often. Cigarettes can really do serious harm to your health over time. I would never smoke a cigarette, but I do smoke cigars on occasion. You don't actually inhale the smoke from a cigar so it's not nearly as bad as a cigarette. Also there are normally not as many bad chemicals in cigars (NORMALLY. Don't take my word on it, I'm not an expert on this).

Edited by McDude
  • Brohoof 1

What the heck, OP. Smoking isn't cool at all..? It's sad, in my opinion. 
I do not smoke, and never plan on doing it. It's a waste of money and it kills your body.

I used to smoke. Gave up three months ago.  :yay:

Edited by Guest

I do not smoke cigarettes. I have been offered many times to, but I always refused and I always will.