Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you smoke ?

Belgian&Brony

*facepalm* Smoking makes me badass? Really? What did you smoke, bro?

No I do not smoke and I will never do! I hate smoking, the smell of it makes me want to throw up.

You shouldn't blame us for having such a serious reaction to this.

Smoking is bad for you no matter what you smoke.  Inhaling smoke into your lungs is never a good idea.

Why do you think smoking is bad-ass? It's a horrible addiction that destroys your lungs, kills you slowly, tastes bad and smells bad. I think you are in the minority that thinks smoking is cool, I do not smoke and I try to stay away from people when they are smoking because I don't want to breathe that stuff in...

In short, no; I don't smoke.

I honestly have no idea if you're kidding or not (apparently the post I made right when you made this topic didn't go through :c).

Because smoking is not "badass". It kills you, it makes you look like an absolute dweeb (if you know something is bad for you and can potentially end your life why do it?) and it generally is a disgusting habit. You're poisoning yourself and others around you (second-hand smoke being just as much if not more deadly than the actual item). I am under the age to smoke, and though many of my peers do and have offered me cigarettes I have refused. Drinking and smoking are two things I could never do. :c

i know this is going to be mean an i dont really care but smoking is retard an if your a smoker then you are one of the most dumbest person alive in my opinon but i one of the retards that tryed it an i quite shortly after but i am still a retard for even trying to begin with its pointless waste of money hurts other an yourself and its retard i know i could list alot of reason right now but i said enough for now.

"Smoking is badass"? What are you, one of those antagonists in the cheesy anti-drug PSA's from the 90's? And since when is that an accurate indicator of whether a group of people are awesome? Some people who smoke are douche-bags, are they excused because the badass-ness of smoking cancels it out? Are taking into account which brands we're using, seeing as how some brands are obviously cooler than others? How about the number of packs smoked a week, are we considering that?

Also, no, I don't smoke.

Hell no. I have never smoked and I don't ever plan on it. And did you seriously just say smoking is badass? More like fucking retarded cause you're fucking killing yourself. And you don't look cool either. 

Smoking is badass? Dude... Just stop. Nothing about smoking is badass. It's retarded. You waste your money only to buy something that gives you temporary calm and slowly kills you.

... that being said, yes, I smoke. I prefer cigars to cigarettes, but I find myself smoking cigarettes a lot nowadays.

Smoking is so fucking retarded I can't even comprehend what goes through your mind to even want to give yourself a death wish later in life well before your normal death time.

The image below says it.

img-1601969-1-No_meme_rage_face-s600x511

Even though I'm 15 years old and I CAN'T smoke, I will not ever do that **** in my life. EVER. And what retard said it's badass? It's retarded, not badass.

I honestly don't know how to respond to someone thinking smoking is bad ass...

No, I don't smoke.  Nor do I do anything that is horrible for my body in the sense of intake.  If I want cancer, I will get it the right way, by microwaving Tupperware and using Styrofoam. 

*facepalm* Smoking makes me badass? Really? What did you smoke, bro?

No I do not smoke and I will never do! I hate smoking, the smell of it makes me want to throw up.

I don't understand why so many people are restating the same thing that people have already pointed out. Why do you need to convey a point that's already been made, and why do you have to do it in such a rude way, especially flinging the word "retarded" around. Honestly, it's not a surprise that he believes smoking is bad ass, film, music, and TV have painted that into our minds for decades. Rather than being incredibly judgmental and condescending, why not attempt to ask him why he thinks smoking is badass, and illustrate your opinion in a civil manner instead of berating him. 

Never look down on someone for not having the opportunities you've had in life; maybe he's unaware of the effects of smoking, maybe someone close to him smokes and that's why he has this opinion. 

I'm personally against smoking myself, and I'm not interested in trying it. The smell is repulsive alone. :P

• Brohoof 1

Despite being a little under 2 months from being 18, I've never really wondered what smoking is like, and never had the thought of trying them. Interesting...

For one, I cannot legally. As well, I refuse to in my future, it's a bad habit that could easily end in death. And another thing, my dad is a smoker so his mistakes are another thing encouraging me to do otherwise.

But, once again bronies, you have surprised me. Rather pleasantly, might I add. It's nice to see so many people actually understand what smoking does, and that they don't all think it's something that you need to do to "fit in." It's reassuring for me, really. 

To answer the original question, No, I do not smoke. Have I ever had thoughts about it? I have wondered from time to time what it would be like, and I have been tempted to try on one occasion, but I have never actually smoked, and I can honestly say I don't believe I ever will. I've gone through 18 years without it, why can't I go through another?

Well i agree with everything you wrote, but i do think the fact that you feel like you "fit in" does influence a lot of people to start smoking. Thats even how i started, but most of us realise we made a mistake then and well when your in high school fitting in is mostly first on people to do list.

Honestly no, it's money going towards hurting yourself. I mean seriously what's the point of smoking anyway, because of yolo or something? I guess I could understand doing it once or a few times but it makes you a slave to a pointless cause.
Smoke.png

"Q: How can you tell if someone is straight-edge or a vegan?

A: DON'T WORRY THEY'LL FUCKING TELL YOU!"

An oldie but a goodie. I am courteous when I smoke, I blow it in the opposite direction of where other people may be standing, I dispose of my butts in ashtrays or garbage cans, but if you start telling me why I shouldn't be smoking I'll put one out on your arm.

• Brohoof 1

well, i actually think it depends on how addicted and how many you smoke in a day, if you smoke a pack a day, that's bad, if you do like one or two, that's still bad, but not AS bad, just saying. as long as you're not dying  img-1605267-1-sleep.png

Oh I ain't dieing any time soon. But I simply don't understand why smoking makes me a bad person or someone you look down upon. Just because I smoke doesn't mean i'm not capable of great things or not a nice person in capable knowing love. It's something that i do and choose to do. You make your choice and so do I just like any pony else. Who are you to judge what's best for me knowing nothing about my life and only looking at it from the smoking aspect only? Addiction isn't the sole reason I smoke either in case you haven't been reading. You don't even have to smoke anything to be addicted to things. Look at how many ponies on here claim to be bored addicted to a life of easy distraction. I'm not here for hours on end, i'm out in the world creating trying to have a good time doing it and smoking adds an element of something I enjoy. Just a piece of life's enjoyment along the journey for this thing we call happiness. If I died doing something that i love and enjoyed I don't regret it because i made the choice. Can't convince me i'm the one losing at life just because i smoke.

I especially hate the ones who smoke near their children. 1. They kill their children by making them inhale that poison. 2. They feed them a very bad example. 3. They don't seem to care about their children overall.

They're not parents. They are marginalized nonhumans.

No, Smoking is one of the worst things you can do.  I would rather waste money on something at least a little productive then something that will eventually kill me.

• Brohoof 1

I'll smoke a bowl once in awhile with friends but I do not smoke cigarettes myself.  When I hang out with my cousin we smoke cigars in his basement sometimes, but you don't inhale cigars as much.  They're more or less for the taste.

I do however, drink WAY more alcohol than I should, something that I probably won't change.  Because let's face it, drinking is fun.

I DO however, surprise my liver with a glass of water once in awhile.  So that's always good.

I especially hate the ones who smoke near their children. 1. They kill their children by making them inhale that poison. 2. They feed them a very bad example. 3. They don't seem to care about their children overall.

They're not parents. They are marginalized nonhumans.

I really wish you guys would stop insulting people because their addicted... Thats like saying :" I hate people who take their kids to McDonalds 1. Their making them eat that unhealthy food which causes loss of inteligence,obiesety and overall bad health

2.They give them a bad example

3. They hate their kids and don't care since they do bad stuf in front of them

This is actually even worse, considering when you'r parents smoke they don't tell you to smoke with them but when they take you to McDonals its bad for thw whole family

Love and tolerate people. this is really insulting to me since u basecally said my dad and mom don't care about me, since they smoked infront of me. You really need to understand that 1. Its not real poison. Inhaling a small amount can't do anything, have you ever heard that someone died because they hung out with smoker, nope.

2.Just because their doing something it doesn't mean youll do it. Its enough if they tell you it's bad and that you should stay away from it

3.Look at 1. you're really overreacting

• Brohoof 1

Man there are some rude and brash people on this thread.  This is turning out to look like a Pre-EqG thread.  Holy mongolia.

Instead of hating on something with every bone in their body, people should just chill out and say they don't do it.  You don't need to go on a tirade of how "fucking retarded" you think it is.  

I do have a moral objection to people that smoke in public areas.

I mean if you want to fill your own lungs up with tar and junk then that is your decision but making the non-smokers around you suffer for your habits is just downright horrible. 

(edited)

Hell no. Smoking does not make you "badass" It's nasty,  gross and a complete turn off for me. I cough from even the slightest bit of cigarette or cigar smoke. Walking down town down wind of a smoker sucks too,it gets in your face and you're pretty much gagging. If you're gonna smoke, don't be ignorant about it. I don't see any sort of reason to start smoking, or even trying to. It's a complete waste of money.

That said, I do enjoy a little Mary Jane every now and then....

Edited by Flutter Dash
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
That said, I do enjoy a little Mary Jane every now and then....

Amen.

Sometimes I prefer my grass over alcohol, sometimes being hungover just sucks.  Although I'll be honest, I feel like my IQ drops when I blaze.  My reaction time drops, and I really dislike talking.  I get really lazy too.  Not sure if I need a new supplier or what, a lot of my friends insist that it helps them with their music production.  All I can do is sit in a corner and watch movies when I smoke.  DEFINITELY didn't help my production skills.

So who knows. 

Edited by Level3rd

No, I don't smoke.  I don't really have the desire to either.  I'm fine with other people smoking, since it's not really my problem.  Even so though, I'd rather not be around them because I dislike the smell.

Well personally,I do not smoke.

In my opinion,smoking are caused due to addiction and the will to impress someone.

Scientist has concluded that a cigarette is made up of harmful chemicals and ingredients.

Why does every pony do this? Was it nice and tasty?

Brohoof this if you do not smoke or you support smokers to quit smoking!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Man, don't be brohoof-whoring.  That's just lame.  I'd expect to see that on youtube, but not on here.  Get that out of here.

I personally have tried a cigarette a few times, just out of curiosity.  I can tell you that it was indeed peer-pressure that made me do it.  I knew I wasn't going to get addicted, but I just wanted to try it before I made my decision.

I didn't really get anything from it, and it made my mouth taste awful.  That was enough for me to make my decision.

I'll still smoke a joint now and then, but that's different.  I think you're getting confused between the two after reading some of the previous posts.

Edited by Level3rd

Well personally,I do not smoke.

In my opinion,smoking are caused due to addiction and the will to impress someone.

Scientist has concluded that a cigarette is made up of harmful chemicals and ingredients.

Why does every pony do this? Was it nice and tasty?

• Brohoof 1

I do not smoke, I have no desire to do such, & above all, I absolutely DESPISE smoking, & smokers in general. Though I agree while it makes you look badass, it is in no way improving anything. It also causes secondhand smoke. Innocent non-smokers die from inhaling other people's smoke, especially when some asshole blows it all in your face.