Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

You know whats Scary

Mywas

I find it really scary that King Sombra is just a Normal Unicorn who trained his way to the top by hard work and dark magic and became on par with Alicorns and possibly discord. This Implies unicorn could become as strong as celestia if they trained their magic.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

That is exactly why I have a headcanon that Starswirl the Bearded is still alive but in hiding and could solo Equestria, Discord and the Alicorns and all, without even breaking a sweat.

Edited by Freedan

is kind of true. However,there are many theories on Sombra...and what if,he isn't a normal unicorn?I mean he got fangs,red eyes and all that..So,I guess,that even unofficially,Sombra is a kind of vampire-pony.And i did read this theory,it isn't mine's,just saying.

I agree with sibonny.
I believe he is just a different species, sorta like Chrysalis. But who knows, maybe Sombraro- I mean Sombra was an average unicorn...corrupted perhaps?

• Brohoof 2

I agree with sibonny.

I believe he is just a different species, sorta like Chrysalis. But who knows, maybe Sombraro- I mean Sombra was an average unicorn...corrupted perhaps?

Somepony agree with me.Oh my ;u;.

And well,maybe the vampire-pony is true...and maybe,the reason why he didn't/don't drink/feed with blood and (maybe) crystals,well..actually,Celestia saying something like "Sombra,a unicorn that heart is black as night,took over The Crystal Empire. He also used to kill them brutally,drink/feed on their blood and regret nothing,torture them and rape them" sound legit.Interesting,but yet legit.I mean,not really for me,I like this kind of stuff actually..but maybe the 6-years old who are watching don't want to be traumatized. 

• Brohoof 1

And well,maybe the vampire-pony is true...and maybe,the reason why he didn't/don't drink/feed with blood and (maybe) crystals,well..actually,Celestia saying something like "Sombra,a unicorn that heart is black as night,took over The Crystal Empire. He also used to kill them brutally,drink/feed on their blood and regret nothing,torture them and rape them" sound legit.Interesting,but yet legit.I mean,not really for me,I like this kind of stuff actually..but maybe the 6-years old who are watching don't want to be traumatized. 

What if he is this different species that feeds on the disharmony of other ponies? Like Chrysalis feeds off love, and she's a different species. Judging by your theory, i'll say that he isn't one of them typical vampires that feed off of blood and arteries. I have read a book or two about vampires who feed off of sadness, fear, let it be any emotion. Disharmony is what makes Sombra stronger, as if love would make Chrysalis stronger.

What if he is this different species that feeds on the disharmony of other ponies? Like Chrysalis feeds off love, and she's a different species. Judging by your theory, i'll say that he isn't one of them typical vampires that feed off of blood and arteries. I have read a book or two about vampires who feed off of sadness, fear, let it be any emotion. Disharmony is what makes Sombra stronger, as if love would make Chrysalis stronger.

Maybe that's the reason why he did what he did,he need fear and sadness to feed on...or maybe he actually wanted to be evil and he just feed on crystals....and what if...Sombra is a changeling that took the form and then kill the original...and what if the original was the previous king of The Crystal Empire before Sombra took over?!*mind-blow*

• Brohoof 1

Maybe that's the reason why he did what he did,he need fear and sadness to feed on...or maybe he actually wanted to be evil and he just feed on crystals....and what if...Sombra is a changeling that took the form and then kill the original...and what if the original was the previous king of The Crystal Empire before Sombra took over?!*mind-blow*

A fallen king.

He must've became hungry with overwhelming power, seeing his subjects were in his hooves to control, and there was nothing they could do about it.

Where's the pale skin? Why doesn't sunlight affect him?

He may be a different species, but he definitely ain't a vampire. Perhaps he's just been corrupted by the dark magic. Maybe dark magic is more powerful than regular magic, but it corrupts you.

The reason Celestia is so powerful is because she had 1,000 years of practice.  Luna dabled deeply into dark magic, possibly why she's so powerful.  Cadence is a much younger alicorn and isn't much better with magic than a unicorn.

He might not be a normal unicorn. He may be another spieces all together.

Or I'm right in believing dark magic is stronger than normal magic... Or he sold his soul to the devil.

Maybe Sombra was just twisted by his own magic, changing his appearance. It would too crazy considering they can teleport and pick up ridiculously heavy objects without too much trouble. My guess is after learning dark magic he started going mad, and after becoming fully corrupted his magic passively changed him into what he is.

I find it really scary that King Sombra is just a Normal Unicorn who trained his way to the top by hard work and dark magic and became on par with Alicorns and possibly discord. This Implies unicorn could become as strong as celestia if they trained their magic.

I don't know. All we actually know of him is that introductory scene where Celestia and Luna imprison him and did not even use the Elements of Harmony (at least it's what looks like). And then he really does nothing until the crystal's power, along with the crystal ponies explode him.

It's sad. He is such a great concept and failed execution, IMO. I hope they can do better in next season.

Where's the pale skin? Why doesn't sunlight affect him?

He may be a different species, but he definitely ain't a vampire. Perhaps he's just been corrupted by the dark magic. Maybe dark magic is more powerful than regular magic, but it corrupts you.

I didn't stated that that kind of 'classic vampire'..He dont even know on what he feed,so this born the theory that Sombra eat ponies IMAO.

Or maybe he was just evil?Trauma?..Sold it soul?There are many options,actually.

i don't normally like to go into head-cannon territory, but this just seems like something I'll have to indulge a little in.  (here we go)

One theory I have is that through a artifact like the alicorn amulet, he became immensely powerful, but corrupted.

I could also expect involvement from a certain Draconequus, or any other chaotic entity.

And for my last little bit of possible head-cannon: maybe sombra's powers come from the dark side of the force, if i may make the connection. The reason I say this, is due to the clear boundaries established in the show between normal and dark magic. and due to the ability of the characters (Twilight & Celestia) to manipulate this magic, I believe that this dark magic, can be related to the sith force. It is possible for non-corrupted characters to use the magic, however there are still characters that gave into it's full power and became corrupted. 

If this makes no sense whatsoever, I apologize, as i was really tired while writing this. But I hope this does give another view on how sombra got his powers

• 4 weeks later...