gaming Your Favorite Nintendo 64 games?

Champion RD92

(edited)

I grew up with the N64 and it's always been my favorite console, so I was wondering who else played the N64 and what your favorite games were.

My favorite games were:

Super Mario 64

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Mario Party 2

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater

Pokemon Stadium

Pokemon Snap
Mario Kart 64

Battle Tanx: Global Assault

Paper Mario

Super Smash Bros.

Edited by Champion RD92
  • Brohoof 3

gc21Knt.png

(edited)

I loved GoldenEye 007! I remember playing that game with some friends back in the day. Sooo fun. I also liked Pokemon Stadium 2 and Super Smash Bros. smile.png

Edited by fimdash
  • Brohoof 1

My first N64 games were LEGO Racers and Star Wars Episode 1: Racer. Both fantastic games, though I never beat LEGO Racers. I'm still amazing at SWE1:R, however. Got Bullseye Navoir to almost maxed stats without cheats. It's actually pretty hard to lose now. wink.png 

Pokemon Snap was a lot of fun, though it didn't have a lot of replayability. Rogue Squadron is probably my second favorite N64 game -- the Trench Run is so much fun!

oOo RIP Forums Writing Centre ;_; oOo

I loved GoldenEye 007! I remember playing that game with some friends back in the day. Sooo fun. I also liked Pokemon Stadium 2 and Super Smash Bros. smile.png

Lol I knew I was forgetting something, I also liked Super Smash Bros. My friend had GoldenEye 007, the controls were so weird xD

I also have Pokemon Stadium 2

• Brohoof 1

gc21Knt.png

post-6541-0-59512600-1373263897_thumb.jpg

Ocarina of Time (and Major as mask)

Goemon's great adventure

Donkey Kong 64

Yoshi's story

Super Mario 64

Star wars Pod racer

Perfect Dark

Army men Sarges Heroes

Goldeneye

More that I can't think of at the moment.

• Brohoof 2

pb.png

(edited)

>inb4 Superman 64

How do we not have a thread like this?

I searched... nothing...

My favourite game is certainly Paper Mario. I've played that more times than... something.

I also absolutely loved Banjo Tooie and Super Mario 64. Banjo Kazooie was okay, but when I was a kid, I played Banjo Tooie first, and after growing up, then going back to play Kazooie out of curiosity, I was just left... not pleased. It was much easier in comparison, and a lot more simple.

Donkey Kong 64 was also the shiz.

So was Yoshi's Story.

No one can forget about Conker's Bad Fur Day.

That's back in the day when mainstream was actually cool.

Edited by Sugar Plum
  • Brohoof 1

755cde9892.png

You'll be entranced by me ♥

My favourite game is certainly Paper Mario. I've played that more times than... something.

I've been playing that again lately!!! xD

I love Paper Mario, and I actually like the second one that's on the Gamecube even better.

gc21Knt.png

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask takes the cake as the number one game from the N64 era for me due to its wicked story and progression. Having a more immerse and interactive world than OoT in my opinion.

Then followed up by Paper Mario (I like TTYD more though) and Super Smash Bros, can't even count how many hours i've spent on those games. :P

• Brohoof 1

<3 ~Fairy Fairy~ <3

8HzH0ni.png

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask takes the cake as the number one game from the N64 era for me due to its wicked story and progression. Having a more immerse and interactive world than OoT in my opinion.

Then followed up by Paper Mario (I like TTYD more though) and Super Smash Bros, can't even count how many hours i've spent on those games. tongue.png

Bro...I love all of those games. Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game after Ocarina of Time. Paper Mario is one of my favorite Mario games too. I like TTYD more too actually.

gc21Knt.png

So many...

Super Mario 64

Zelda OoT/MM

Super Smash Bros.

Banjo Kazooie/Tooie

Bomberman Hero

Goemon's Great Adventure/Mystical Ninja

Chameleon Twist

Paper Mario

Pokemon Stadium

Pokemon Snap

Pokemon Puzzle League

Donkey Kong 64

I'm forgetting a lot, wish I still had the thing and all my games... :(

I can at least still play the Zelda games off of Zelda Collectors Edition for GC though :D

• Brohoof 2

sig-592.Rx6YS0O.jpg

A solid console, though I always thought it was kinda overrated amongst Nintendo Fans. My favorites would be:

Super Smash Bros

F-Zero X

Starfox 64

Sin and Punishment

Super Mario 64

Majora's Mask

Star Wars Pod Racing

Yoshi's Story

Ocarina of Time

Mario Kart 64

Megaman 64

Star Wars Shadows of the Empire

Star Wars Rogue Squadron

Unfortunately my biggest gripes with the N64 was the lack of a Metroid game

• Brohoof 1

Bro...I love all of those games. Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game after Ocarina of Time. Paper Mario is one of my favorite Mario games too. I like TTYD more too actually.

Yeah, TTYD had a more unique world and less predictive chapter progression, which made it better than its predecessor tbh.

Also partners having life points makes more sense. x)

Zelda Collectors Edition for GC

I lost that disc long ago... *sadface*

Oh well, i can still play most of them through other means today. :x

<3 ~Fairy Fairy~ <3

8HzH0ni.png

(edited)

I've been playing that again lately!!! xD

I love Paper Mario, and I actually like the second one that's on the Gamecube even better.

I like TTYD more as well.

Much smoother, and has just enough new features to make it worth buying, but not too much to where it's just not even a sequel, but rather something completely different, like... Super Paper Mario... *Shudders*

I have more nostalgia in the original, though, so I seem to return to that one a bit more.

Also partners having life points makes more sense. x)
The way they handled it in the original was extremely stupid.

btw vivian was/is hawt o///////o

Edited by Sugar Plum
  • Brohoof 1

755cde9892.png

Paper Mario... if only I knew where that was :(

Right on! Majora's Mask was great and really did an amazing job at portraying a hopeless, doomed land. Every Zelda game has toyed with my emotions in some way, but Majora's Mask did it the most and I commend it for that.

Y'know what? I'll say it right here and now, I <3 Majora's Mask. Been playing through it again, and this post reminds me that I should continue that some time this week. Getting ready to go to Snowhead.

• Brohoof 1

I was quite fond of Mario Kart 64, Donkey Kong 64, the original Mario Party, and Super Smash Bros. I didn't have access to an N64 too often, nor a large library of games.

• Brohoof 1

sig-17439.OZ3LNCw.png

I don't like you.

My OC's thus far: Feverfew

btw vivian was/is hawt o///////o

Without a doubt the best partner in the game, followed by Admiral Bobbery. Veil has many great uses in combat and out of combat you're able to skip or avoid enemy attacks, which proved to be quite convenient sometimes. x)

In the japanese version Vivian was considered to be a male, all references towards this was later removed in the NA/EU version. :x

<3 ~Fairy Fairy~ <3

8HzH0ni.png

In the japanese version Vivian was considered to be a male, all references towards this was later removed in the NA/EU version. :x
wait a minute do you mean Vivian was a guy as in it was a genderbent kind of thing or was Vivian's design more masculine and whatnot because if it was genderbent and stuff that would probably be the best thing ever in the entire universe
  • Brohoof 1

755cde9892.png

I've only played one and that is Super Mario 64. It was lucky they released it again on the NDS because it's an awesome game and would have been a shame if I wouldn't be able to play it again.

Ocarina of Time

Pokemon Stadium 1&2

Mario Kart 64 (Despite the horrendous rubber banding)

Goldeneye 007

Killer Instinct Gold

Super Mario 64

Yoshi's Story

No Mercy

Banjo Kazooie

Mario Party

Pokemon Snap

WCW/NWO Revenge

NASCAR 99 (Only because my dad played it all the time, those are some good memories)

AND.....others. So much time spent playing that system and so many great memories.....*sigh*, life just is not as enjoyable as it once was for me.

• Brohoof 1

KyoshiFrostWolfSIG1.jpg.b0b2e3d0d15e6abf25982983986dcba1.jpg

I only played two games.

- Banjo Tooie

- Banjo Kazooie

I wasn't much of a gamer back then, but, they were the first video games I ever played.

Nostalgia trip!

Ocarina of Time: Best game ever.

Majora's Mash: Other best game ever.

Super Mario 64: Best introduction to a 3D environment ever.

007: Golden Eye: Best multiplayer ever.

Super Smash Bros: ... Best multiplayer ever.

Kirby 64: ... Best... Kirby... 3D

Mischief Makers: Best...

Some others that I can't remember...

• Brohoof 3

PeaceLoveMusic_zps9f284840.png

Rabbit-Kin                                                                 ~Paris' Waifu

Goldeneye 64 was by far one of the best games I ever played at the time. I'm not gonna lie, I still crave playing that again once in a while except my old N64 is out of commission tho I'm planning on getting a new (second hand) one sometime soon just to play it again. Other than Jedi Outcast/Jedi Academy, Goldeneye is literally the only FPS game I ever really liked for any console. Donkey Kong 64 was also pretty amazing.

• Brohoof 1

From what I can remember.

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron

Star Wars: Pod Racer

Star Wars: Battle for Naboo

007: Goldeneye

Battlezone: Rise of the Black Dogs

Pokémon Snap

Pokémon Stadium 1 and 2

iSIGgQt.png

This entire thread and only one person says Mischief Makers?

Best N64 game ever hands down.

Disney's Tarzan and Banjo Tooie could be considered a close second (and third) I suppose.

This entire thread and only one person says Mischief Makers?

I rented that game a long time ago when I was a kid, and I remember it being really good, but I don't remember anything about it. I don't remember what it was about or anything :/

gc21Knt.png