Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Appledash lover

(edited)

Gonna say cause luna and celestia were born alicorn and twilight and cadance had to earn their's just my thought i could be wrong

Edited by DaReaper
  • Brohoof 2

Alicorn manes... a conundrum I've long thought over myself...

I think it might just be because Celestia and Luna are immortal, and Twilight and Cadence, who were originally not alicorns(there's apparently a book out there that explains this about Cadence) are not, that's the most sensible explanation I think. :huh:

• Brohoof 1

As others have already said, it's probably because the original Princesses are ethereal. I'm glad others share my thoughts on the matter; seeing as Celestia and Luna control entire celestial bodies, I think they're much much different from any other pony in their universe, or even alicorn.

On top of that, I think they were born from magic (my own head canon) while Twilight and Cadence were granted their additional parts to become an alicorn: wings or a horn (depending on Cadence's origin story), so that might play in, too.

• Brohoof 1

I think it's age based. If you noticed, right after Nighmare Moon was defeated, the Luna right after it didn't have a wavy mane, but eventually she got one.

Or they might have a secret hair stylist that nopony else can have.

(edited)

Well I think it''s because they were born long ago, plus their control over the moon/sun, so maybe that's a special trait those kinds of ponies have. Or it could just be a genetic trait, and because their sisters and a part of the same family they have that kind of mane. 

Twilight and Cadance don't have that because they're THEM, they just don't have that kind of mane, and are apart of a different family/origin then Celestia/Luna. 

Also, young Luna's hair also doesn't wave. :3

240px-Princess_Luna_sad_S01E02.png

So Celestia/Luna don't gain that trait 'til their older, I guess. It doesn't mean the same will happen with Twilight/Cadance, though. So I think the wavy manes just come from genetics or a special origin.

Edited by Pixiesong

I agree with Pixiesong. I think depending on the age, their manes get more flow-y. But in cartoons, characters don't age, so I guess their manes are stuck like that.

Gonna say cause luna and celestia were born alicorn and twilight and cadance had to earn their's just my thought i could be wrong

I would agree luna and celestia were born alicorn so they will live forever and twilight and cadance won't this makes the whole show so much less dark too me knowing twilight won't have to wacth her friends die!!! 

I'm guessing that Twilight and Cadence's hair lengths won't start to expand a bit until they are older. That is the only explanation on their hair not being long like Celestia and Luna's hair.

I think that it is because Celestia and Luna are the god-like rulers, while Twilight and Cadance are just members of a somewhat lower class of rule. 

Another possibility is the age difference, Cadance and Twi are clearly younger than Tia and Luna

Also:

• Imortality issues
  • Perhaps they still have tasks to complete
  • Tia and Luna may have been born allicorns, so they're more... pure?

I agree with the age thing. Fanart suggests this as well. Why was luna's hair in episode 2?probably a time spell to show luna her innocent past. Just my two bits.