Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

sad A Canterlot Wedding-The Alternate Ending

Wardaddy

I couldn't agree more. Of course, it probably isn't my place to say, but it's not the first time Celestia ever got angry at Twilight. The first time we ever saw that happen was in "Lesson Zero", which may I remind you is when Celestia had a more JUSTIFIED reason to be angry at her star student. Not only that, but as I've pointed out many times before, the lesson that Twilight's peers learned from that episode really does seem forgotten by them in "A Canterlot Wedding". It's even lampshaded in part 2 by the part with Chrysalis gloating to Twilight's friends about how they let their wedding planning go to their heads to such an extent that they forgot to give Twilight's doubts even a smidget of consideration, along with Applejack apologizing on everypony's behalf right after that. It really bugs me how some viewers don't seem to wanna face that straight on, instead thinking that such a part should have been explored more deeply on the characters' part. Also, as much as I hate to admit it, one side of me can't help but feel that Celestia being defeated by Chrysalis was KARMA for Celestia for not believing Twilight earlier on. You can probably imagine some viewers going "Who has a lot to think about now?!"

Well, the way I see it, it was more disappointment than anger from Celestia in "Lesson Zero". Twilight had gone AWOL over a simple, trivial matter as her friendship reports, and instead of making a problem she could easily solve, it descended into chaos as her Want It Need It spell drew in a bigger audience than she bargained for. In this case, Celestia had good reason to be stern with her student, as she had to step in to free the entire Ponyvillian populace from the clutches of.........Smarty Pants. *dun dun duuun* However, the level of anger she bore against Twilight was, as we all saw, heartbreakingly callous and emotionally overwhelming. In other words, completely uncalled for. As for the lesson learned in Lesson Zero, wasn't it Celestia herself who taught the Mane 6 to take the concerns of their friends more seriously from then onwards?

Meanwhile, I'll tell you what bugs me about this topic. There were guys on this thread, and others relative to the topic, who'd reply to me and ask "Of course the Infamous Seven's actions were justified, because what if Twilight turned out to be wrong?" Well, here's what I say.

Ok, I get it. if Twilight turned out to be wrong, I would be disappointed at Twilight, but guess what? THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN, DID IT? The Cadance that put on crocodile tears and made Twilight look like a clingy, overpossessive mare who cried wolf turned out to be a Changeling, and it was her and her Changeling scum that were responsible for all this disharmony. But while they did pull the wool over everypony's eyes, it does not excuse the Infamous Seven for the horrible, cruel way they gave Twilight the cold shoulder. Not even a moment's consideration was taken, and for the six ponies who were responsible for the safety and security of the wedding, its audience, and the entirety of Equestria, as well as the one colt whom I thought was a great brother and would soon be an equally great husband, that is simply unacceptable. And you weren't kidding either. Karma hit Celestia, and by God, did it hit her hard.

And yet, there are still bronies on here who continue to ask the question "What if she were wrong?". Well, by all means they can continue to ask it, but the reality is that when Twilight had the fiend cornered, her brother, friends and mentor chastised her for it. All I can say is "Shame on them. Shame on all of them"

• Brohoof 1

Well, the way I see it, it was more disappointment than anger from Celestia in "Lesson Zero". Twilight had gone AWOL over a simple, trivial matter as her friendship reports, and instead of making a problem she could easily solve, it descended into chaos as her Want It Need It spell drew in a bigger audience than she bargained for. In this case, Celestia had good reason to be stern with her student, as she had to step in to free the entire Ponyvillian populace from the clutches of.........Smarty Pants. *dun dun duuun* However, the level of anger she bore against Twilight was, as we all saw, heartbreakingly callous and emotionally overwhelming. In other words, completely uncalled for. As for the lesson learned in Lesson Zero, wasn't it Celestia herself who taught the Mane 6 to take the concerns of their friends more seriously from then onwards?

Meanwhile, I'll tell you what bugs me about this topic. There were guys on this thread, and others relative to the topic, who'd reply to me and ask "Of course the Infamous Seven's actions were justified, because what if Twilight turned out to be wrong?" Well, here's what I say.

Ok, I get it. if Twilight turned out to be wrong, I would be disappointed at Twilight, but guess what? THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN, DID IT? The Cadance that put on crocodile tears and made Twilight look like a clingy, overpossessive mare who cried wolf turned out to be a Changeling, and it was her and her Changeling scum that were responsible for all this disharmony. But while they did pull the wool over everypony's eyes, it does not excuse the Infamous Seven for the horrible, cruel way they gave Twilight the cold shoulder. Not even a moment's consideration was taken, and for the six ponies who were responsible for the safety and security of the wedding, its audience, and the entirety of Equestria, as well as the one colt whom I thought was a great brother and would soon be an equally great husband, that is simply unacceptable. And you weren't kidding either. Karma hit Celestia, and by God, did it hit her hard.

And yet, there are still bronies on here who continue to ask the question "What if she were wrong?". Well, by all means they can continue to ask it, but the reality is that when Twilight had the fiend cornered, her brother, friends and mentor chastised her for it. All I can say is "Shame on them. Shame on all of them"

Anger or disappointment, it was still a far more justified scenario in "Lesson Zero". Plus, since it's evident that she forgot said lesson in "A Canterlot Wedding", I'd say she learned it all over again after witnessing what occurred after Chrysalis revealed her deception, even prior to Celestia's 'karmic' defeat at the hooves of Chrysalis.

And would you simply ask Twilight to apologize instead outright banning her? Probably so. At least, due to how hard the ban was pulled here. Also, I'm honestly surprised you actually think Celestia's defeat at Chrysalis' hooves should be considered karma. Of course, there's another side which says it was bad luck that Celestia lost to Chrysalis due to the latter feeding off so much love, but that's another story.

The ends ever justify the means. how that fits this situation is it dose not bucking matter if twilight sparkle was correct or not. why do People think you can take any action you want and if it turns out you were right that makes everything ok? wrong is wrong! even if she was forced to do Something wrong do to lack of time. it was still the wrong way of doing it. she could have said that she is not to be trusted and this is why..... that would probably gone over better. but none of that really matters cause we are talking about the ever perfect sole reason that equestria is still here ever important eveypony else might as well just go home twilight sparkle. so any action against her is the most vile thing in all of ponyverse and all her actions are perfect. Sigh!  and heart stabbing statement you have a lot to think about. o my soul shivers at the very concept.  and again why do you take into account actions that happened that nopony could se coming.

(edited)

The ends ever justify the means. how that fits this situation is it dose not bucking matter if twilight sparkle was correct or not. why do People think you can take any action you want and if it turns out you were right that makes everything ok? wrong is wrong! even if she was forced to do Something wrong do to lack of time. it was still the wrong way of doing it. she could have said that she is not to be trusted and this is why..... that would probably gone over better. but none of that really matters cause we are talking about the ever perfect sole reason that equestria is still here ever important eveypony else might as well just go home twilight sparkle. so any action against her is the most vile thing in all of ponyverse and all her actions are perfect. Sigh! and heart stabbing statement you have a lot to think about. o my soul shivers at the very concept. and again why do you take into account actions that happened that nopony could se coming.

You have to think about this better. Twilight was distressed at seeing her favourite foalsitter act so unlike the Cadance she knew, and it didn't help that she saw her mindbuck her brother in front of her eyes, and it helped even less when her friends dismissed her warnings believing that Cadance was simply experiencing stress from the planning and general rush of the event, so by then it's likely she had run out of patience.

I'll tell you one thing, you're right that nopony thought Cadance to be an impostor, not even Twilight. All I'm outraged about here is how cold Shining Armor, the Mane 5 and Celestia were to Twilight respectively. Believe what you want, but Twilight had taken the proper course of action. Time and patience had run out for her, and thus she was left with little choice other than to confront the impostor. There was no evidence she could've possibly collected, she couldn't rely on her friends, her brother was taken under the spell of Cadance, whom to Twilight's eyes had become evil, and Celestia was probably away tending to her duties. For Gods sake, if I were Twilight, I'd be at my wits end. I wouldn't have the patience to go to the rehearsal and calmly inform Princess Celestia not to trust Cadance.

And as a matter of fact, if Twilight did calmly inform any of the Infamous Seven that Cadance was not to be trusted, as you said, they'd laugh and correct her as the Mane 5 did: Cadance was simply experiencing stress from the proceedings, and that Twilight was overreacting. Case in point: nopony would believe her, and for the worst part, Twilight might've been treated just as harshly for upsetting the bride, which she would've been. For Twilight, the only sensible option remaining was direct confrontation. Surely you must understand now!

And as for Celestia's comment, we are talking about a mare who, from the moment Celestia took her in as her protege, was utterly devoted to pleasing her mentor. For her to hear such a remark from Celestia was equally heartbreaking, at an exceedingly utter level. You, however, wouldn't understand, considering you won't even take a moment to step into Twilight's shoehorns.

On a side note to everypony on this thread, it seems the forums outage has destroyed much of my work. I will go to the mods to try and rectify this problem, but if they can't.........well, I'll get back to you on that one. Sit tight everypony!

Edited by ~Psychotic Blitz~

impatience is now an excuse to do things poorly? I do understand why twilight acted as she did. and how crushed she felt. however impatience and feeling bad about something is not an excuse to behave badly. so Selesita is never to have a harsh word to twilight? that would kind of be poor teaching. besides as I have pointed out she did gather evidence that evidence was discredited, however from twilight's point of view it was valid and proved to be valid latter. she could have asked to postpone the rehersal as she needed to speak privately with Celestia on Urgent matters and brought her concerns to Celestia then and there. gets the job done of informing people of the problem and avoids calling anyone evil. then end may have been similar as in her concerns answered but she would have come off much better. so there was something she could have done properly and in a timely matter. Twilight is known to act on impulse at times. and to run with her gut feelings. to repeat I can understand twilights frustration and actions. and how badly she felt when she pretty much thought she lost her Brother forever and disappointed her mentor. again why is that the sole reason what she did was ok? we have know idea what if anything Celesta would have said or done with twilight we never got that chance. her being sent off to the dungeon happened very soon after she was left there. on the story front there is a difference between pointing something out and beating it do death and continuing to pound on it! everyone was horrid to twilight the reader gets it already move on. deal with concinquences and not rehashing of everyone was horrid ponies that don't deserve to live.

impatience is now an excuse to do things poorly? I do understand why twilight acted as she did. and how crushed she felt. however impatience and feeling bad about something is not an excuse to behave badly. so Selesita is never to have a harsh word to twilight? that would kind of be poor teaching. besides as I have pointed out she did gather evidence that evidence was discredited, however from twilight's point of view it was valid and proved to be valid latter. she could have asked to postpone the rehersal as she needed to speak privately with Celestia on Urgent matters and brought her concerns to Celestia then and there. gets the job done of informing people of the problem and avoids calling anyone evil. then end may have been similar as in her concerns answered but she would have come off much better. so there was something she could have done properly and in a timely matter. Twilight is known to act on impulse at times. and to run with her gut feelings. to repeat I can understand twilights frustration and actions. and how badly she felt when she pretty much thought she lost her Brother forever and disappointed her mentor. again why is that the sole reason what she did was ok? we have know idea what if anything Celesta would have said or done with twilight we never got that chance. her being sent off to the dungeon happened very soon after she was left there. on the story front there is a difference between pointing something out and beating it do death and continuing to pound on it! everyone was horrid to twilight the reader gets it already move on. deal with concinquences and not rehashing of everyone was horrid ponies that don't deserve to live.

I'm not saying that how Twi acted at the rehearsal was OK! BluedEyedPegasus is the one saying that. What I'm saying is that while Twilight had no other option, she could've handled the situation better than she did. But while that is that, I'm also exploring the reasons, other than the direction of the writers, why Twilight may have opted to openly confront the impostor, and at the moment, I'm guessing that this comes down to patience, as well as Twilight's increasing levels of disbelief at how her foalsitter was acting, and also how little her friends took her seriously, which would've affected her wits and subsequently, her patience. Furthermore, we don't know exactly how much time Twi had between the rehearsal and the moment where she tried to speak with her friends about it, but while you do have a point, I just don't think there was enough time for Twilight to arrange a private meeting. Celestia would've probably been busy with other wedding-related assignments, but hey, your point is just as valid as mine is.

Now, I have to remind the reader that it's the Seven's fault all this is happening, but I can lighten up on the Mane 6, Shining Armor and Celestia blaming themselves until the part where ********* ****. But for now, fine, I'll lighten up on the self-questioning and stuff.

I'm not saying that how Twi acted at the rehearsal was OK! BluedEyedPegasus is the one saying that. What I'm saying is that while Twilight had no other option, she could've handled the situation better than she did. But while that is that, I'm also exploring the reasons, other than the direction of the writers, why Twilight may have opted to openly confront the impostor, and at the moment, I'm guessing that this comes down to patience, as well as Twilight's increasing levels of disbelief at how her foalsitter was acting, and also how little her friends took her seriously, which would've affected her wits and subsequently, her patience. Furthermore, we don't know exactly how much time Twi had between the rehearsal and the moment where she tried to speak with her friends about it, but while you do have a point, I just don't think there was enough time for Twilight to arrange a private meeting. Celestia would've probably been busy with other wedding-related assignments, but hey, your point is just as valid as mine is.

Now, I have to remind the reader that it's the Seven's fault all this is happening, but I can lighten up on the Mane 6, Shining Armor and Celestia blaming themselves until the part where ********* ****. But for now, fine, I'll lighten up on the self-questioning and stuff.

To say Twilight could have handled the situation better is not very accurate either, most likely because it never even occurred to her then. But I guess that's just me. In the long run, of course, the way Twilight DID handle it would have worked only a LITTLE better if Chrysalis hadn't pulled that Wounded Gazelle Gambit to alienate Twilight from her peers.

(edited)

Chapter 6-The Fall of Canterlot

It had been some 5 minutes after Ponyville was attacked by the Changelings, but sure enough, a detachment from the Canterlot Royal Guard garrison had arrived to secure the town in case of another attack. What met their eyes was in no way pretty. Ponies, royal guards and Changelings were lying around wounded, buildings were burning, and those who survived were in total disarray. As quickly as they could, the guards began putting out the fires, tending to the wounded, and also manning the parapets of the outer wall. Meanwhile, the Mane 5 had gone back inside the library to discuss their next move.

"What should we do now guys?" Asked Rainbow Dash. "I don't know Rainbow". Replied Applejack. "To be honest with you, I'm not sure there's much we can do. Cadance has been captured, Twilight's out there somewhere, and I don't think we should go back to Canterlot......." Applejack had fallen silent, her eyes grew wide in horror and her mouth dangled open. "What is it?" Asked Fluttershy. Almost instantly, Applejack turned on a dime to face the others. "We have to get to Canterlot right away!" "What?! Why?" Cried Rainbow in surprise. "I think I know what's gonna happen!" Replied Applejack. "I'll tell y'all on the way. Come on!" As fast as they could, the Mane 5, with Spike in tow, made for the train station with all haste.

Meanwhile, it had been several weeks since Twilight had abandoned Ponyville, but she had made a home for herself in the Neighagara Falls, and was doing well to cope with the difficulties experienced by the unprepared, while using the environment around her to care for her basic needs. What she wasn't aware of, however, was that there were two pegasus Changelings keeping tabs on her for their queen, making sure she didn't stray too far from the falls. However, two pegasus Royal Guards flew up nearby the Falls, and within minutes, the Changelings saw them. Both the patrols engaged each other, their grunts of effort audible despite the roaring of the waterfall behind them. In fact, even Twilight could make out grunting behind the falls, and quickly galloped over to check. Her eyes went wide when she saw the Changelings fighting the guards. "Oh no...." Twilight whispered. Her mind was beginning to gather thoughts of heading to Canterlot to warn Celestia, but again, the memories of her outburst returned. "No! I can't. I'm not Celestia's lapdog anymore, why should I care? The Changelings are her problem now, not mine." With that, Twilight returned to the back of the caves to dwell on her thoughts.

Things were operating as normal in Canterlot. The upper-class ponies were out and about, up to their regular business. The Royal Guards patrolled the streets, orderly and in tight formation as ever. Everything seemed as normal, that is until one of the Royal Guard sentries on duty, Spearhead, noticed multiple black spots that appeared to be getting closer and closer. Looking into his standard-issue handbook, it said that if he were to spot a group of black dots in the sky that were getting close, he was to ring the warning bell three times in quick succession, while shouting a warning to the public that Changelings were about to assault the city, and also to take cover immediately. Thinking quickly, Spearhead followed suit. "CHANGELINGS! Everypony seek cover immediately! I say again, seek cover immediately! Attention everypony! Changelings coming in fast! Get to cover NOW!" With another quick ring of three bells, Spearhead took aim at the group of dots, preparing to fire a concussive spell out of his horn. Just as his first shots were fired, the Changelings made impact.

Seconds after the Changelings made impact with the ground, the Mane 5 had arrived by train. Almost immediately, a Changeling pounded into the ground next to them. "Quick, go! Get to the palace!" Ordered Applejack, who immediately bucked the Changeling where it stood, sending it flying into a building. The group then galloped towards the palace, which was also under attack from Changeling divebombs. All around them, Changelings were slamming into the ground, smashing through the roofs of several buildings, ponies were fleeing left and right, and Royal Guards were also running around, looking for an enemy to fight. Every Changeling that landed close to the Mane 5 was quickly dealt with, but that didn't change the fact that there was millions of Changelings attacking Canterlot. From above, Chrysalis watched with an evil smile as her hordes assaulted the city, with it's occupants and defenders in complete chaos. "Go my children! FEED! Feed until there is nothing left!"

The situation was equally the same inside the castle. As the Royal Guards rushed to fight the invading Changelings, Celestia and Luna were being led to their designated bunker. Suddenly, four Changelings smashed through the roof, colliding with the princess's escort. Both Luna and Celestia screamed in surprise, but the latter was quick to take charge of the situation. "Luna! Follow me!" Barked Celestia, who quickly incapacitated the four Changelings before leading Luna down to the hall of ceremonies, where Shining Armor's and Cadance's wedding was supposed to be held. However, this proved to be a bad move, as the moment the two alicorns entered the hall, memories stormed their way back into Celestia's mind. She then fell to the floor, cradling her head under her forelegs. Luna quickly rushed to her side. "Sister! Sister, are you OK?! Please say something!" Celestia began writhing in anguish as reality set in. She had very nearly let her faithful student, and her chosen one die, and the blood would've been on her hooves, despite the fact she wouldn't have been the one who killed her. "How?! HOW?! How could I have been so cruel to her?!" Sobbed Celestia in great pain. "Who?!" Cried Luna. "Who were you cruel to?!" Celestia couldn't answer, however the time for answering was lost as something smashed through the roof. Celestia stopped crying and joined Luna in standing ready as the object revealed itself to be Queen Chrysalis, who was joined by two of her Changelings. "Queen Chrysalis....." Snarled Celestia angrily. "Princess Celestia.......what a pleasant surprise!" Chimed Chrysalis slyly. She knew Celestia was upset over how she treated Twilight, and looked to exploit that. "What's the matter? Upset over matters of the past, are we?" "You leave my sister alone, parasite!" Roared Luna. "And where were you, Princess Luna, when my Changelings stormed Canterlot the last time? It's funny really, you're never around during the day. What are you normally up to? Sleeping it off?" Luna stomped her hoof, enraged. "DO NOT GET CHEEKY WITH ME, CHANGELING! Your army may smash their way into our city, but as always, my sister and I will prevail over your hordes! And if we do not succeed, then I guarantee you will have no chance against the Element Bearers. Against all odds, they have fought and won, and I swear by the Creator that you will stand no chance against them!". "That may be". Said Chrysalis, unnerved. "But what happens, Princess, when six become five?" "What do you mean?" Asked Luna, bewildered. "It appears that in light of recent events, one of your six Element Bearers has abandoned those who abandoned her in her time of need. Am I not correct, Princess Celestia?" Luna turned to look at her sister, who had a look of guilt etched on her face. "I am sorry sister, but she speaks the truth" Said Celestia, who began standing up. "Shining Armor, Twilight's friends, and.......myself, we all turned our backs on Twilight in the cruelest fashion imaginable, and in doing so, we turned our backs on the truth. The Princess Cadance that stood before us was, in fact, the Changeling Queen, and when Twilight had the fiend cornered, we berated her for it". Luna lifted an eyebrow in response. "Shining Armor, her beloved brother, disowned her and banished her from the wedding, her five friends all walked out on her, and I.....I said she had a lot to think about". Luna was left shocked. "Please forgive me Luna. We were all fooled by her, and we paid for our sins by falling victim to her power. I never would have betrayed Twilight the way I did had I known that the Cadance we were dealing with was an impostor, but there was no way of believing her. Please, please forgive me". Luna could only look at Celestia sternly. Even she was disgusted by her actions. "It is not me that you should be apologizing to sister". Celestia drooped her head at that, clearly dispirited. "You see Luna, this is exactly what Celestia deserves. I will not vouch for Twilight in any way, but this is exactly what she deserves. All she needs now is to have her love harvested by me! And once that is done, I will harvest yours, and then I will become the most powerful being in all of Equestria!" Chrysalis cackled evilly; she had Celestia broken, and Luna caught between fighting her and being disappointed in her sister. "Now, princesses, if you'll excuse me, I have a harvest to prepare. Changelings, get them!" With that, Chrysalis teleported out, leaving her two Changelings to fight the princesses. The latter was also standing ready, set to counter whatever their two opponents had in store for them. Suddenly, behind the royal escort, a hundred Changeling unicorns teleported into the room, vastly outnumbering the princesses. Almost instantly, the Changelings charged, and the princesses responded with quick-fire concussive blasts that would temporarily disable the Changelings, in an attempt to even the odds. However, the Changeling horde was advancing in waves, leaving the Changelings at the back to suck the love out of Celestia and Luna, decreasing their powers for the duration of the fight. Despite this however, the princesses fought hard, blasting, bucking and knocking the Changelings in all directions. As the hours passed, both sides began to develop signs of fatigue, but still they fought on. Unfortunately, Celestia and Luna were growing weaker, and they could tell. Their spells were becoming less effective, and their agility and quick-fire attacks were beginning to slow. Finally, the Changelings began firing sticky webbing at the princesses hooves, gluing them to the floor. They were trapped, and it wasn't long before the Changelings began beating down the princesses, making their condition worse and worse. Eventually, Celestia couldn't take anymore, and in a last-ditch attempt to preserve the fate of Equestria, she began casting a spell that would show Twilight a vision of Canterlot under attack. Once that was done, she decided to end it. "Stop! We surrender". Announced Celestia, who began allowing the Changelings to seal herself and Luna in two separate cocoons, incapacitating them from fighting.

Meanwhile, Shining Armor and his generals were outside, commanding their respective battalions in the fight against the Changelings. For a moment, it seemed like the Royal Guard were holding out, but soon the troops were being overrun, and now the generals themselves were in the thick of the fighting, especially Shining Armor, who was fighting three Changelings by himself. He was doing everything in his power to ward off the hordes, but he couldn't deny the reality; Canterlot was falling to the Changelings. "General Broadsword! I need you and your men up on the west side immediately! General Longsword, your army stays here with mine! We'll defend the castle at all costs! General Shortsword, take your army east! MOVE IT!" Barked Shining, who was doing his best to contain the situation. However, as he fought, his mind was also juggling thoughts of regret and guilt. None of this would've been happening if he had just listened to Twilight, but that was the least of his concerns. What he was guilty about was how he treated Twilight, his own sister, his own flesh and blood. How he stripped her of the title of Best Mare, and how he banished her from the wedding, but above all else, how he berated her for trying to spare Equestria from a terrible fate, which it would soon experience. He couldn't believe himself.....how he berated Twilight from trying to save Equestria from this, and how he was now living through his own penance. He knew he deserved it, but at the same time, he would do anything to stop this, and that especially included apologizing to Twilight. However, as the fight lingered on, and as the Changeling unicorns sucked the love out of him, Shining could feel his thoughts turn to grey, to nothingness, as he chose to accept his fate. Finally, within a few seconds, Shining faded into unconsciousness, his Royal Guards following suit as they lost their love to the Changelings.

Canterlot had finally fallen, and just as Chrysalis had predicted, nopony was able to stop her or her army. Only the Mane Six could do it now. The question, however, is how long they would be able to evade capture or engagement with the Changelings? Only time would tell, but for Celestia and Shining Armor, it was dejavu with a twist. If Twilight was not there the first time, then this would've happened only weeks ago, and both then and now, it was all, their, fault.

• Brohoof 1

This is it Blitz, this chapter is the real clincher for the supposed ultimate fate of Canterlot and all of Equestria now that the capital city's fallen in Chrysalis' hooves.

The next chapters after this one could decide the next part of the bout between Twilight, the Infamous Seven and the Changelings. By now, with Canterlot having met it's official downfall, the Mane 5, Celestia and Shining Armor now realized that if Twilight was not here to warn them of the oncoming and looming threat at large the first time, this whole disaster could've been avoided.

But I'm left to wonder what'll happen now after this chapter: What would the Mane 5 do now when they see Chrysalis again and realize that Canterlot had officially fallen? How would Twilight finally react to the downfall of her birth-home and would she actually return to help and free her friends, her brother and her mentor along with all of Canterlot from the torture they're about to face and forgive them? Would Chrysalis' next defeat would yield the same results the first time but with Twilight as Equestria's only sliver of hope left to stand in her way? Would Twilight also realize her mistake of leaving Canterlot at the wrong time and leaving it in the hooves of Queen Chrysalis once she finds out that she successfully took down her friends, Cadence, Shining Armor and the Princesses? What should Twilight do now if she finds out about all this: remain in self-exile and isolation or stand up, fight for the entire land and take back her birth-home. Twilight's love and freindship with those closest to her and her friends are going to be put to the ultimate test.

Good luck on the next chapter of the story!

no, just saying, even if some have read it, some don't like seeing a incompleted chapter posted.

I'm trying to get the techies to restore the cut-off chapters. I don't know how long this will take, but it better be soon. People are already coming to me asking about this, and it's getting me antsy. They had better fix this soon.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
Authors notice: Well everypony, I'm back in business. With my fanfic restored, and with my close compatriot TwilightDreamer giving me a bone to chew on for this chapter, I am proud to announce that with the addition of this chapter, the fanfic is nearing its end. To the believers, thanks for standing by me in defense of Twilight, the only pony who could see through Chrysalis's smoke and mirrors, despite never knowing it herself that she was a Changeling. To the haters, forgive me if this story has not satisfied you to date. Enough talk so, it's time to let the end begin!

Chapter 6-All Is Lost

Never had such a situation looked so dire in Equestrian history. From the time Discord ruled Equestria, to the days when Nightmare Moon posed a grave threat to the land and everypony in it. But, even when compared to the first assault by the Changelings, there was never a time in history when Equestria looked to be at the end of its days. Chrysalis and her 1000-strong Changeling Army had driven the Canterlot Royal Guard to its ultimate surrender, the princesses had been all too easily defeated, and now she had control over what would become the staging point for her Grand Harvest.  Smiling evilly, the Queen watched with two of her pegasus Changelings behind her as two long lines of prisoners were marched into the castle, towards the throne room. In one line was the ordinary civilians, and in the other were the Royal Guardsponies, who were spiritually defeated. Everypony in the two lines was panicking. They were wondering what would come next, but what Chrysalis had in mind was nothing they would ever have thought of. As for the throne room, it was already packed with some civilians, including Shining Armor, his generals, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, who dangled from above in transmutation cocoons. Both of the sisters could look around, concerned, as they surveyed the vast masses of ponies below them, each bearing expressions of great grief. As Celestia begged to the Creator that Twilight got her vision spell, Luna was secretly traversing the vast myriad of her elder sister's mind, looking for whatever it was that made her collapse and sob in such pain. After a moment's searching, she finally came across the answer, and it entered her mind, the same icy words spoken in a furious tone from the mentor towards her most faithful student, smashing the latter's heart into tiny little pieces: "You have a lot to think about".

Luna ended the spell almost immediately, a look of shock on her face. How could her sister say something so cruel, and in a fashion so heartlessly callous? For the Lunar Princess, she had had enough of just dangling helplessly around. It was time to get some answers. But first, she would begin the conversation indirectly. "Dear sister, how did it come to this?" "It hurts me to say this, little sister, but it was my fault. If only I had not spoken those awful, hurtful words to Twilight...." "You have a lot to think about?" Luna chimed in knowingly. "How did you.....?!" Gasped Celestia in shock. "Telepathy" Answered Luna. "How could you be so cruel sister?" "B-but Luna, I... never meant to-" "Well, you did, Celestia" Luna cut in sharply. "Not only did you, Shining Armor and Twilight's friends hurt her, you alienated her and drove her away! I do hope you know what it is to be ashamed, sister, because you deserve it. Nopony in their right mind should ever hurt anypony like that! You had a duty to protect and serve her as Princess of the Sun and as her mentor, but instead, you left her to whatever fate may have befallen her other than imprisonment! And by abandoning Twilight, you abandoned your kingdom, your subjects, and everything else in between! If Twilight had been murdered, then Equestria would have fallen months earlier!"  Celestia could only hang her head in shame. Everything Luna said was true. By abandoning Twilight, she turned her flank on the entire kingdom as well. And for somepony of her status, this was perhaps her biggest mistake of all. "Sister, if anypony else besides me had known you for as long as I have, then they would have known that what you did was completely out of character. That is what I know, and knowing that, I regret to say that I am ashamed to be your sister". For Celestia, this was the final death knell for her reputation as a good princess of Equestria. The only thing that could redeem her now was a miracle, and that miracle was Twilight.

Meanwhile, the Mane 5 and Spike had managed to infiltrate the castle, having weaved their way through a web of Changeling patrols. After locking themselves inside one of the castle's common rooms, the group immediately set about forming a plan. "Ok, this isn't good girls". Said Rainbow, who got straight to the point. "Canterlot has fallen and there are Changelings everywhere. Getting to the princesses will be like sneaking through a parasprite hive. One slip and we're done for". "Rainbow's right girls". Added Applejack. "We can't afford to take any risks. We have to free the princesses. And once that is done, we must find Twilight. She has to know that we're sorry, and that she was right". "But Applejack," Said Fluttershy, "even if we do free the princesses, we still don't know where Twilight is. We can't waste time on Princess Cadance by looking for her first". "I know Sugarcube" Replied Applejack. "But we can't do this without her". Unbeknownst to the girls, who were too busy forming a plan, the doors in the 3 corners of the room began opening, revealing three Earth pony Changelings. Then, almost immediately, Changeling unicorns began teleporting into the room, much to the surprise of the Mane 5. Spike tried to make a run for it, but he was caught by one of the three Earth ponies. "It's a trap!" Yelled Applejack, who bucked a Changeling in the face just as a large, vicious battle ensued. The girls bucked, slammed, tricked and spellcast their enemies in all directions, but again the unicorns began draining their love, and within minutes, the 5 fell, despite putting up a good fight. As the Changelings began rounding them up, Chrysalis teleported into the room. "Well, well, well, if it isn't the five friends of Twilight I've been hearing so much about! There's something missing here, but I can't quite put my hoof on it. Oh wait! I know what it is now......shouldn't there be six of you, when only five stand before me?" "It's because of YOU that there's five of us!" Barked Rarity angrily. "If only you hadn't cried those crocodile tears at the rehearsal, none of this would be happening! Twilight would still be with us, Shining Armor and Cadance would be married, and Equestria would still have the Elements of Harmony to defend it!" "But that didn't happen" Replied Chrysalis, unmoved. "What did happen, however, was that I learned that you are all foals of the highest calibre! You honestly believed Twilight had hurt my feelings, when in reality I had set you up to hurt hers! And how well you did it too!" "BUCK YOU!" Roared Applejack in rage. "We are not foals! And we would never intend to hurt Twilight so badly!" "But we did, didn't we?" Mumbled Fluttershy sadly. "That's right my dear". Chimed in Chrysalis, who trotted over to "comfort" the timid yellow pegasus, placing a pock-marked hoof under her chin. "Because of you, Princess Celestia, and that weak, gullible excuse for a stallion Shining Armor, Equestria will be mine! Take them away!". Cackling triumphantly, Cadance watched as the Mane 5 and Spike were led away. 

Meanwhile, having taken a few days and nights to mull things over, Twilight had reached the stage of acceptance. If she had been wrong about the Fake Cadance, then may the Creator help her indeed......that was Twilight's current mindset. Just as she was preparing breakfast (fishing from the lake where the Neighagara Falls plunged into), her horn began to glow as Celestia's vision spell hit home. Twilight groaned in pain, closing her eyes as the vision began to materialize behind her clenched eyelids. She could see Canterlot burning, the Changelings terrorizing the civilians and beating the Royal Guards into submission. Finally, she could see Celestia and Luna being tied up by the parasites, and as the visions drifted by, Celestia's voice chimed in. "Twilight......please.....help us....." As soon as the message ended, so too did the vision, leaving Twilight horrified. "Oh no..." She whispered to herself. Without a moment's hesitation, Twilight teleported to Canterlot from the Falls, where she found the city in total disarray. Before her, smoke rose from several places, buildings lay collapsed and derelict, and the castle was buzzing with Changeling pegasi. "Celestia...." Whispered Twilight to herself. After a second's waiting, Twilight steeled herself, and began to charge, readying her concussion spell to engage the various Changeling patrols that lay before her. This was no longer a lone wolf's attempt to save the world from its destruction, it was Twilight acting to save Equestria, and most importantly her loved ones, from their impending doom.  

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Author's notice: In this chapter I will utilize inspiration from the fanfic "Faith and Doubt" which will mark the end of the Changelings forever. The end is upon us. Follow me!

Chapter 7-Pyrrhic Victory

Following their failed attempt to defend themselves from the Changeling juggernaut, the Mane 5 now found themselves in the throne room, joined by the entire populace of Canterlot, as well as the Royal Guard garrison. Taking a moment to gather her wits, Applejack found herself facing the western wall of the throne room. Looking behind her, she saw that Pinkie was facing the red carpet, which led to the now-empty throne, no Princess Celestia to occupy it. Thinking quickly, Applejack took command of the situation once more, preparing to direct the inscrutable pink pony on what to do. "Pinkie? I need you to take a gander, see what's happening". "Take a gander? Isn't that a bit hard, considering I'm tied up?" Asked Pinkie, whimsical and silly as ever. "Not literally!" Groaned Applejack in exasperation. "I need you to take a look around". "Oh right!" Chimed Pinkie happily. "I thought you meant for me to actually take a gander, which would be impossible because I'm tied up and-" "Just get on with it Pinkie!" Shouted Rainbow in annoyance. "Ok, jeez!" Said Pinkie resignedly. Upon the end of that statement, Pinkie took a look around the room, her eyes squinted, looking for whatever it was that Applejack wanted her to look for. Unfortunately, she got confused, and turned back to Applejack for specification. "Um, AJ, what am I looking for?" Rainbow facehoofed, she had had enough. "Never mind Pinkie! I'll do it myself". With that, Rainbow surveyed the scene, taking note of the Changeling guards that patrolled the length of the carpet, the assembled royal guards, Shining Armor and his generals among them, and the civilian populace of Canterlot, each one sharing mixed emotions. Just then, Rainbow looked up, and gasped as her mouth went agape. "What is it Rainbow?" Asked Applejack curiously. Turning to face the orange farm pony, Rainbow pointed upwards with her hoof, a shocked grimace on her face. Applejack looked upwards to see both Princess Celestia and Princess Luna hanging from the ceiling in transmutation cocoons. "Whoa nelly....." She thought to herself. The civilians who also noticed them were letting out shrieks or gasps of shock, and then Shining Armor took a look for himself. "Princess Celestia!" Shining roared, getting on all fours. "Get down!" Hissed a Changeling guard, who charged at Shining before slapping him with his right hoof. As the guard smiled evilly, proud of the harm he had caused, Shining turned to face him once more, heavily scorned, before rearing up and slamming his front hooves down on top of the Changeling's head, knocking him out. "Hey!" Shouted another guard, who rushed to assist his injured comrade, followed by the other guards. The first guard, a unicorn, fired a concussive spell at Shining, which left him flat on his side. "Nopony does that to my captain!" Roared Battleaxe, one of the captured Royal Guards, who began exchanging hoofshots with his other. The other Royal Guards soon followed suit, escalating the situation into a full-blown uprising. Before the situation could get out of hoof for the invaders, two batteries of six Changeling unicorns rushed in and began depleting the Royal Guard's reserves of love further. As the seconds passed, the Guards lost their morale to the Changelings, and with it, their will to fight. Eventually, the fracas ended just as fresh Changeling reinforcements arrived to help their comrades. Unfortunately for the Changelings who were beaten to a pulp, it was not in their species' culture to be given first aid. If a Changeling had failed in its duty, it would be killed on the spot. Once the bruised and battered Changelings stepped before their relief, they were instantly and brutally killed, much to the horror of the gathered Canterlot civilians. As the relief carried out the remains, Chrysalis teleported in to begin the Grand Harvest, accompanied by four of her Changeling unicorn batteries. As the batteries moved into position, Chrysalis took her place on the throne to announce the commencement of the harvest to her victims. "Ladies and gentlecolts of Canterlot! You have all tried so hard to defend your precious kingdom, but you failed, and now you may be asking "why?". Well, I will tell you the truth." Shining Armor gulped uneasily. He knew what was coming next. "There were no Elements of Harmony to defend Canterlot, nor were there any princesses to step up to the plate. That is because they are traitors! Ladies and gentlecolts, it was your Captain of the Guard, Shining Armor, your Princess of the Sun, Celestia, and five of your six Element Bearers that allowed Canterlot to fall! Because of their foolishness, because of their poor foresight, because of their betrayal of the unicorn, Twilight Sparkle, the leader of the Element Bearers, the sister of Shining Armor and the student of Princess Celestia, Equestria will be mine!" As Chrysalis cackled with delight, the Canterlot civilians began chatting amongst themselves, as well as casting angry looks at Shining Armor, the Mane 5 and Princess Celestia, whom were all looking increasingly dispirited, remorseful and guilty. "And now, my Changelings" Resumed Chrysalis. "It is time to begin the Grand Harvest! And what's more, we will begin with the colt who ruthlessly cast out and disowned his own flesh and blood, foolishly thinking she had upset me, as well as the five mares who all abandoned their best friend without a second thought, or even a flicker of mercy! Shining Armor, Captain of the Guard, and the five Element Bearers, bring them forth at once!" To a chorus of boos and jeers, Shining Armor and the Mane 5 were brought before Chrysalis, and her four harvesting batteries. Each one bore mixed emotions, but none of them were happy. Chrysalis stepped forward, leaning towards the six ponies with every flicker of her malicious intent glowing in her eyes. "Because of you, Equestria is mine. All mine". With that, Chrysalis signalled to her four batteries to release their harvesting spells, focusing on the six that stood before the throne. The girls and Shining groaned and moaned as their strength began to waver. Applejack was doing her damnedest to not give in. "C'mon girls........stay..........strong". Unfortunately for the cowpony, it was hopeless. The minutes passed without a flicker of resistance, and finally, when their love was fully harvested, the six ponies fell listlessly to the floor, to the horror of the other prisoners, especially for Spike, whose eyes were flooded with tears. However, he was quick to regroup himself, and wiped the tears from his eyes. "I've got to get out of here and warn Twilight. Chrysalis is not going to get away with this". As silently, but also as fast as he could, Spike weaved his way through the ponies to the throne room door. Chrysalis and her Changelings were so busy harvesting that they didn't notice the doors open as the baby dragon made his escape.

Meanwhile, Twilight charged through the city towards the castle, blasting her way through every Changeling patrol in front of her. It didn't matter how many she faced; they were simply no match for her. So far, Twilight's biggest challenge came at the castle gate. There were a lot of Changelings stationed there. The drawbridge and portcullis were also closed, and Twilight would also be facing constant interference from Changeling pegasi. However, this wouldn't be a problem for the unicorn, who charged up a magical pulse spell which would send everything in front of her flying. As Twilight charged, the Changelings began charging towards her, expecting a clash of hooves. However, the spell finished charging, and Twilight leapt into the air, springing off her rear hooves. Then, with a powerful sparking from her horn, Twilight slammed into the ground, discharging the spell. A huge pulse of energy similar to the pulse Shining Armor and Cadance summoned when they first beat Chrysalis surged towards the Changelings, sending them flying towards the castle walls. The pegasi were also caught in the pulse. Before long, the Changelings slammed into the castle walls hard, knocking them out. The pulse also blew the locks off the drawbridge and sent the portcullis flying into the Changelings inside the foyer, trapping them against the stairs. The drawbridge hit the ground with a thud, granting Twilight access into the castle. She quickly resumed her charge into the fortress, blasting her way through the Changeling guards inside. Suddenly, just as she reached the top of the stairs which led to the throne room, she was faced with Spike, whom she nearly blasted with a concussive spell. "Twilight! Thank Celestia you're here!" "Spike, what's happening?" "It's Chrysalis! She's conquered Canterlot and has harvested the love from your brother and from the girls as well!" "Oh no......" Twilight whispered to herself. She was too late to save Shining Armor and her friends. "Twilight, you can't give up now. You must get in there before Chrysalis harvests the princesses! In fact, they're next as we speak!" Her eyes going wide, Twilight motioned for Spike to clear the way, before charging a telekinetic spell to blast the doors open.

Inside the throne room, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna had been brought before Chrysalis. The Changeling Queen approached Celestia, intent on breaking her spirit for the final time. "Tell me Celestia. How does it feel to be on the losing end for the umpteenth time in your life?" "I swear to you, Chrysalis. I don't know how, but you will be stopped. Equestria will not end with me, or with Luna. You will never succeed, I swear it". Unmoved by her speech, Chrysalis signalled for her batteries to begin the harvest. Suddenly, Chrysalis noticed something, and quickly ordered her batteries to stop. "Hold fire!" Barked Chrysalis, who then began inspecting the doors of the throne room. They were glowing with lavender, the very same lavender of the unicorn that instigated her fall in the first assault. Suddenly, the doors broke off their hinges, much to the surprise of Chrysalis and her prisoners. Before Chrysalis knew it, the doors were flung towards her batteries, sandwiching them against the walls of the throne room. Celestia and Luna took their chance, and teleported out of danger, despite their dangerously low levels of love to power their will to resist. Finally, out of the blue, a purple bolt flew towards Chrysalis. Thinking quickly, she destroyed the bolt with a blast of her own concussive magic. "Who's there?!" Roared Chrysalis, challenging her mystery opponent to step out and show herself. From behind the veil of darkness that she made using her magic, Twilight stepped into the room, much to the surprise of her parents, who were equally as surprised as they were glad to see her. Chrysalis, however, regrouped her wits. Knowing that Twilight would come to stop her eventually, she prepared to use her secret weapon; Twilight's own inner pain, the very same pain caused by her brother, her friends and her mentor at the rehearsal. "Well, well, well. Look who's here!". "I've had enough of you Queen Chrysalis, and all your Changeling scum!" Shouted Twilight. "It's time to end this". "But Twilight, you forget" Chimed in Chrysalis. "You have no cause to save Equestria. You have no loyalty to your princess, you have no obligation to your friends, and you especially have no duty to you brother! They all betrayed you! Why should you even be here?!" "Because, Chrysalis" Said Twilight, confidence brimming in her voice, something Chrysalis never expected. "What if they were right? What if you actually turned out to be the real Cadance? What if I was wrong about you being evil? If I was wrong, I would never forgive myself, and nor would my friends. And if that were the case, then things would be much different. But guess what? You turned out to be an impostor, you set everypony I cared for up to hurt my feelings beyond comprehension, and because of this, I can forgive them after all, because they, no, we.....were tricked. We were tricked by you. YOU drove me away from my family, friends and my princess, and YOU made me HATE them! But now that I have seen the error of my ways, and now that they have seen theirs, I'm sure, all I can do now is take out the pain and hatred that I have for them on you, and all your Changelings. Queen Chrysalis, the existence of Changelings and its diabolical capabilities of deception, disguise and betrayal has reached its demise. No longer will you and your scum torment Equestria anymore!" Enraged by the sudden burst of confidence from deep within Twilight, Chrysalis took action. "CHANGELINGS! DESTROY HER!" In the blink of an eye, Twilight was surrounded by a horde of Changelings of all types. However, she began charging a spell, one of her most powerful. A spell which used the greatest of her power to kill the Changelings, and vaporize Chrysalis into dust. And then, just as Twilight cast an eye on the throne, she noticed the bodies of her friends and her brother lying flat on the ground, grey as tombstones, and seemingly lifeless, but not dead. They were breathing, but they had lost the will to fight. Suddenly, Twilight got very angry. Seeing the hopeless, hollow forms of her loved ones lying listlessly on the ground planted seeds of intense hatred deep within her, which began fuelling her spell with even more power. Twilight then began to dig deep, and started taking whatever power was left in Shining Armor and the Mane 5, using it to power her spell even more. The Changelings could only stand there and watch in awe as Twilight's horn sparked and fizzed with energy and power beyond all belief. Finally, Twilight's eyes burst open, glaring with the brightest white light that was ever shone. And from her horn, seven tentacles made of pure magic lifted up into the air, bearing the respective colours of the Mane 6, as well as the cobalt blue of Shining Armor's mane. Twilight then furrowed her eyebrows and focused hard as she directed the tentacles through the gathered mass of Changelings, sucking their harvests of love, as well as their power and even their very lives out of them. Chrysalis could only watch in shock and horror, eyes wide and mouth agape as her Changelings began falling listlessly to the floor, dead. Twilight was outnumbered ten to one, and yet she was cleaning house in the most unbelievable of ways. After a while, Twilight had killed every Changeling around her, save for Chrysalis, who was next. With her horn overflowing with the gathered energy, Twilight took aim, intent on ending Chrysalis once and for all. Realizing what Twilight was about to do, the Changeling Queen charged a concussive spell, and aimed for Twilight, but it was too late. As she fired, so did Twilight. A giant, long beam of pure hatred, pain and power obliterated Chrysalis's concussive spell and struck her dead on. Chrysalis screamed in pain as the intensity of the energy began pounding through her body, pulverising her innards to nothingness. As Chrysalis flailed her limbs in pain, Twilight advanced towards her, unsmiling. Then, in the same unholy voice she used when she roared at Shining Armor, the Mane 5 and Celestia in the wedding hall after the first attack, Twilight spoke. "There is nothing you can do Chrysalis. You cannot escape this, and by Celestia, you will not escape this! You took my brother from me, you turned my friends and Celestia against me, and now you try to harvest Equestria of the very essence that helps it to thrive! You truly are scum, Chrysalis. You and your Changelings are nothing more than parasites, and as with all parasites, you must be exterminated!" Thinking quickly, Chrysalis disguised herself as Applejack in a feeble attempt to diffuse Twilight's fury. "Please Twilight! Stop it! It hurts!" Despite her pleas, Chrysalis's tactics were in fact a big mistake, as disguising herself only enraged Twilight further. Chrysalis forgot to remember that Twilight's spell was also made of pure, unreserved hatred for everypony that hurt her, and because it was all being directed at her, disguising herself would only increase the pain. "I hate you!" Twilight roared angrily. Chrysalis tried taking the forms of Rarity, Rainbow, Fluttershy, Pinkie and even Shining Armor, but they were all met with the same result. "I HATE YOU!" Finally, in a last ditch attempt, she disguised herself as Princess Celestia, but again it was a big mistake, and this time it was fatal. "I, HATE, YOU!!!!!!!" Chrysalis screamed as the sheer power overwhelmed her, and to the shock and awe of everypony in the room, especially Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, who had teleported to the back of the throne room to free the prisoners, there was a blinding flash as Chrysalis met her end. Suddenly, there was a sucking sound, and then after that, a huge explosion of pure magical energy ripped through the castle, blowing its insides to pieces. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, silence descended on the castle, which was smoking and burning in several places, sparkling with pure magical energy left over from Twilight's spell.

Queen Chrysalis and the Changeling Army were no more.

• Brohoof 1

damn can't wait for the next chapter

My heart is thumping. It felt nothing short of Earth-shattering just typing it. All those ideas rushing into my head.........wow. It was simply euphoric. I need to calm down, for Celestia's sake.

• Brohoof 1

also after I watched the episode I now doubt that friendship is magic 

I can see that. You've decided to use your signature to spread that message.

Personally, I've come to a consensus. I don't like how Celestia, the Mane 5 and Shining Armor treated Twilight, but in their defense, they were tricked by a piece of s**t Changeling Queen. Chrysalis set Twilight up to be harshly dismissed, and with Shining Armor under her control, it was like whipping Twi with a cat o' nine tails. Pretty damn painful. 

• Brohoof 1

I can see that. You've decided to use your signature to spread that message.

Personally, I've come to a consensus. I don't like how Celestia, the Mane 5 and Shining Armor treated Twilight, but in their defense, they were tricked by a piece of s**t Changeling Queen. Chrysalis set Twilight up to be harshly dismissed, and with Shining Armor under her control, it was like whipping Twi with a cat o' nine tails. Pretty damn painful. 

It's my belief and the five are on thin ice with me 

It's my belief and the five are on thin ice with me 

I may have said that in their defense, they were tricked, but I still refuse to let the Infamous Seven off the hook. They hurt Twilight in a way that is downright unforgivable and utterly shocking. If I were there when they walked out on her, may Luna help them.