Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

sad A Canterlot Wedding-The Alternate Ending

Wardaddy

I may have said that in their defense, they were tricked, but I still refuse to let the Infamous Seven off the hook. They hurt Twilight in a way that is downright unforgivable and utterly shocking. If I were there when they walked out on her, may Luna help them.

and if I was Twilight I would have told the Princess of Uselessness to find another pony to be the element of magic 

also why do I get the feeling that Celestia's popularity is going to take a nosedive

Edited by draph91

I guess Twilight's return is going to test the trust she has for her mentor, her friends and her own brother one last time and this is going to be the clincher for what Twilight has to do now that she's returned and put an end to Chrysalis and the Changelings: Would she forgive all of those who pushed her aside for their own needs during the wedding rehearsal or will the bonds between them be shattered for the rest of their lives because of their biggest mistake ever and will all of Equestria find it in their hearts to accept those who led their homeland to it's downfall by their most hated enemy?

(edited)

It is true that Twilight should have found proof but her friends should have listened to her, they forgot about this

Applejack: [clears throat] Dear Princess Celestia, we're writin' to you today because today we all learned a little somethin' about friendship.

FluttershyWe learned that you should take your friends' worries seriously.

Rainbow DashEven if you don't think that she has anything to worry about.

RarityAnd that you shouldn't let your worries turn a small problem...

Pinkie Pie...into an enormously huge entire-town-in-total-chaos Princess-has-to-come-and-save-the-day problem!

Edited by draph91
  • Brohoof 1

It is true that Twilight should have found proof but her friends should have listened to her, they forgot about this

Applejack: [clears throat] Dear Princess Celestia, we're writin' to you today because today we all learned a little somethin' about friendship.

FluttershyWe learned that you should take your friends' worries seriously.

Rainbow DashEven if you don't think that she has anything to worry about.

RarityAnd that you shouldn't let your worries turn a small problem...

Pinkie Pie...into an enormously huge entire-town-in-total-chaos Princess-has-to-come-and-save-the-day problem!

Applejack: Signed, your loyal subjects

This was a document, an agreement, a pact signed by the Mane 6. A pact that showed they had learned a very important lesson about friendship. And clearly by how they treated Twilight at the rehearsal, they broke this pact, and spat on it in the process. The indignant looks they had on their faces only compounds this breach of pact, this breach of trust. This is why I had Twilight explode at them at the beginning of this fanfic. How could she be expected to ever trust them again after that?!

Applejack: Signed, your loyal subjects

This was a document, an agreement, a pact signed by the Mane 6. A pact that showed they had learned a very important lesson about friendship. And clearly by how they treated Twilight at the rehearsal, they broke this pact, and spat on it in the process. The indignant looks they had on their faces only compounds this breach of pact, this breach of trust. This is why I had Twilight explode at them at the beginning of this fanfic. How could she be expected to ever trust them again after that?!

they have learned nothing as far I'm concerned this better happen during season 4

they have learned nothing as far I'm concerned this better happen during season 4

They won't. Doing something related to the wedding at this point in time seems a bit ham-fisted. Furthermore, Twilight has matured much since then, and as a princess, she has a reputation to maintain. Acting like a tyrant against her brother, friends and mentor would be senseless and unbecoming of her as a princess (even though they would deserve it for what they did)

I suppose though, if Chrysalis were to crash the Equestria Games, she could make a reference to the rehearsal in a confrontation with Twilight, to try and dampen her spirits. But other than that, we might as well face it. Hasbro won't make an episode that links to a finale from two season ago. It's much too late for something like that anyway.

• Brohoof 1

They won't. Doing something related to the wedding at this point in time seems a bit ham-fisted. Furthermore, Twilight has matured much since then, and as a princess, she has a reputation to maintain. Acting like a tyrant against her brother, friends and mentor would be senseless and unbecoming of her as a princess (even though they would deserve it for what they did)

I suppose though, if Chrysalis were to crash the Equestria Games, she could make a reference to the rehearsal in a confrontation with Twilight, to try and dampen her spirits. But other than that, we might as well face it. Hasbro won't make an episode that links to a finale from two season ago. It's much too late for something like that anyway.

I agree with you since it is far too late for this sort of thing to happen. If I was in Twilight's place, I would just lash out right back at them for dismissing my concerns for their own needs or else just fight to prove my point. What happened back then was just beyond harsh and completely unbecoming as friends, a brother and a mentor as well as a princess for the Infamous Seven. As far as I'm concerned, they really crossed the line that night and they've let all of Equestria down once more taking the side of a bug in favor of their friend, sister and student.

Twilight does happen to realize during the show and during the season 2 finale and in the later seasons off-screen that her anger towards her friends, Shining and Celestia would get her nowhere on the path to being a great princess and that would result in her lessons being all for naught. It is too late for something like draph91 would want but some of us can dream, can't we?

I don't know what to say to the Infamous Seven right now; they're in hot water with all of Equestria and with Twilight again now that she came back and eliminated the changelings and Chrysalis. I'm just disappointed in them and after the destruction of the ones that invaded Canterlot to those that turned their backs on Twilight and the kingdom that it's their own fault that this whole thing happened and that they truly are the ones who have a lot to think about if they want to look for redemption.

*sigh*

good  story but sorry to say out of character for twilight. she is first and foremost not a murderer. secondly she  Routinely dose the one thing that most of the people talking about this story find it impossible to do forgive. that's the true core of friendship. no matter what has ben done in the past if people are sorry for their actions its forgiven. and they were shown to be sorry. perhaps not enough for you folks but enough for twilight. that and she dose not hold a grudge, with the possible exception of discord and that's more healthy mistrust.

• Brohoof 1

*sigh*

good  story but sorry to say out of character for twilight. she is first and foremost not a murderer. secondly she  Routinely dose the one thing that most of the people talking about this story find it impossible to do forgive. that's the true core of friendship. no matter what has ben done in the past if people are sorry for their actions its forgiven. and they were shown to be sorry. perhaps not enough for you folks but enough for twilight. that and she dose not hold a grudge, with the possible exception of discord and that's more healthy mistrust.

Have patience my friend. I do not intend for Twilight to go on hating the Infamous Seven. As much as I still don't like them for what they did, we all have to move on at some point. So, in the next chapter I promise Twilight will bond with her brother, friends and mentor once more. Now, in the case of Chrysalis, she had to be destroyed, because it was she who caused the disharmony between Twi and the Seven.

Would you rather she lived and sucked Equestria dry while Twilight apologized to her friends, or would you rather she destroyed Chrysalis first, then made up for her actions? And I know you. You're one of those bronies who thinks Chrysalis needed the love for her Changelings, and could do nothing but attack a place to get it. Well, here's the real story. Chrysalis wanted love to give her more power and greater strength. Her Changelings wanted the same, and both were prepared to do anything. Even a hostile takeover was on the cards, which is exactly what they did. And even if Chrysalis needed the love, the way she went about getting it was cruel, horrible, and evil beyond all redemption. It is a trademark of all parasites. To feed off one host, then jump to another, and another, and another, taking everything you get and giving nothing back. To me, it was completely necessary that Twilight destroyed Chrysalis, because the Equestria in my fanfic would then be free of yet another danger to its existence. It's not murder when you're doing the entire world a service. Many purists would say otherwise, but you're not a purist surely. You must surely understand that were Chrysalis not "murdered", then the princesses would be harvested, and so too would the Royal Guards and the townsponies! And don't bother telling me that this wouldn't happen in the show, because if the show were a little more realistic, then this would happen. Also, Twilight would probably be dead and Equestria would've fallen months earlier.

And finally, why would Twilight forgive the one who caused her friends, family, and mentor to break her heart all at once? Chrysalis deliberately set them up to hurt her, and from personal experience, sometimes there's just no forgiving somepony, especially those who threaten other people's lives. Would you forgive Chrysalis if you were in Twilight's position? Would you let her live if she set up your family, friends and mentor to break your heart? Chrysalis never deserved another chance, not IMO anyway, nor in BlueEyedPegasus's, TwilightDreamer's or draph91's opinions either. Chrysalis was inherently evil from the start. She couldn't just ask for love on a silver platter, so the only way to get it was a full-blown hostile takeover. Would you let that slide?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
Chapter 8-Truth and Reconciliation

Spike woke up, having blacked out when the castle was caught in a massive explosion to find himself on his head. Thinking instinctively, the baby dragon rolled back onto his side, before clambering back to his feet to survey the scene before him. The corridor was a mess: the windows were blown open, furniture in the room had been smashed to pieces, and of course, there was an air of absence about the place. That's when it hit Spike; the Changelings invading the castle had been totally destroyed when Twilight wiped Queen Chrysalis off the face of Equestria. However, then came a whole new problem. Spike remembered that the throne room had taken the full brunt of the explosion, and fearing for Twilight's life, he ran in to ensure everypony was still alive. However, when he got inside, his eyes were besieged with shock and fear.

The throne room was a shambles. The place hadn't collapsed, thankfully, but the windows were blown open, anything that hadn't been nailed down was blown to Tartarus, and the ponies (even the princesses themselves) were thrown against the walls. Shining Armor, in particular, had suffered a knock to the head when the explosion threw him against the wall. His generals and fellow Royal Guards had suffered their own individual injuries, as did the civilians, but thankfully enough nopony was killed, and the princesses were also unhurt. As for Shining, he noticed that, aside from the pain in his head, the colour of his coat had come back, and he also felt more alive than earlier. Plus, he felt stronger, and the feeling in his heart was indescribable. It was as if his love for all he cared for had doubled, and yet somehow he had barely survived being harvested. The case was much the same for the Mane 5, whose bodies were also thrown against the walls. Luckily, they weren't hurt either, they had regained their coat colours, and they felt stronger both physically, mentally and emotionally. It was as if the Changelings had never attacked. For a brief period, the girls gathered together, perky and bright as ever, and Shining had gone to ensure his parents were OK. However, all that came to an end when both parties noticed Twilight lying flat on the throne room carpet, still as a statue. She was sprawled out on the floor, her hooves pointing in all directions. Her eyes were also shut, and she wasn't breathing. "Twilight? Are you OK?" Called out Applejack, in an attempt to rouse her from her sleep. However, the attempt was unsuccessful. "Twilight! Wake up darling! You did it!" Said Rarity, hoping to bring her unicorn friend around. However, she wasn't successful either. "Twiley?" Asked Shining Armor, who trotted over to his sister to check her out. What he found proved very unsettling. Twilight's horn was broken in two; even she couldn't contain the immense power her spell used to exterminate Chrysalis. Shining looked on worriedly; he had never seen his sister in such bad shape. Just then, Celestia walked over, concern on her face as she looked down on her ex-student, who had sacrificed just about everything to put an end to a great, great menace. Shining was the first to report. "Princess, her horn has broken in two. What happened to her?" "It was the spell" Said Celestia solemnly. The Mane 5 looked up at her with concern. "Even Twilight could not withstand the magnitude of such a spell. She used power from herself, and from all of you. Everything she had been through, all of her experiences......it fuelled her spell to a great intensity that not even she could take". The Mane 5 looked down at the ground in pity. Twilight had given everything, and considering what she had gone through previously, this was quite an achievement. The question now was whether Celestia could fix her horn or not. "Can it be done Princess? Can her horn be saved?" "I will try" Said Celestia. "However, it will not be easy. Twilight used a magic with power far beyond even my handling. It will be difficult trying to repair a horn that channeled such power". Focusing deeply, Celestia prepared her horn restoration spell, which would both repair Twilight's horn and rewire the magic in the horn with the magic in Twilight's body at the same time. A bright white light began expanding from the tip of Celestia's horn, and just as it reached critical mass, Celestia bowed her head, allowing the horn to touch Twilight's. Suddenly, a bright light enveloped Celestia and Twilight, and after a moment's waiting, the light began to recede. Twilight's horn had been repaired, however she would still not wake. "Twilight?" Applejack spoke quietly. Then, after a pause, Twilight chest began bobbing and sinking; she was beginning to breathe, much to the delight of the Mane 5, Shining Armor and Celestia, who breathed a sigh of relief. Then, at long last, Twilight's eyes fluttered open. The view in her eyes was blurred, however it slowly began to clear, revealing the forms of the Mane 5, Shining Armor and Princess Celestia. "Girls? Shining? Princess?" Murmured Twilight, as she began to stir from her slumber. "Shh, easy Sugarcube" Said Applejack, easing Twilight down with her hoof. "Just rest now. You've been through more than what any other could ever experience. It's best you just rest now, get yer strength back". "Thank you Princess, for saving her life". Said Shining appreciatively. Celestia smiled in response, her duty done once more. "What happened?" Asked Twilight, still knocked out. "My faithful student, you used a spell of unimaginable power on the Changeling Queen, wiping her and her army off the face of Equestria forever. It was unlike anything I've ever seen. Even I never used such power, not even against Discord". Said Celestia, wise as ever. "It is clear to me that the spell you used fed on your negative experiences, and those experiences hurt you so badly that the power was raised to unfathomable levels. Judging by how your horn was broken in two by the spell, you had used a lot of power in its firing". "My horn?" Asked Twilight, looking up at her now-repaired horn. "But that does not matter now. What matters is that you have saved Equestria from a terrible fate once more, and this time, you were able to exterminate the one who posed the greatest threat of all to our very lives. Thank you Twilight, thank you". Said Celestia, who bowed her head in gratitude. Twilight, however, remained unmoved. "That's right, I had to save Equestria from a terrible fate once more, only this time the fate was brought on by you!" Cried Twilight, turning her back to the group. "I don't believe this!" Cried Rainbow in exasperation. "She still hates us!" "Patience Rainbow" Said Applejack calmly. "We can't rush things, considering the state Twilight is in now". WIth that, the orange cowpony stepped forward, seeking to calm the storm that raged in her friend's mind.

"Twilight, we understand how you feel. Betrayed, hurt and angry. We know now that how we treated you was cruel and despicable, and having said that, all we want is for us to start over. We don't want you to hate us anymore. We all regret our actions at the wedding rehearsal, and I hope you can forgive us". "I'm especially sorry Twiley" Added Shining Armor. "To this day, I still can't believe that I took sides with a bug instead of my own sister. I hate myself deeply for how I treated you, and to be honest, I deserved the tongue-lashing you gave me. We all did". Tears were starting to well up in Shining's eyes as his composure began to falter. Twilight, on the other hand, remained visibly unfazed, raising an eyebrow to question the believability of her brother's words. "Twi....*sniff*....I'm really sorry. There are no words in existence, nor are there any excuses for how I behaved. I had become..........*swallows hard*..... a slave to a bug, and I favoured her more than I favoured my own flesh and blood. I'm really sorry Twiley. Please......please forgive me...." Shining couldn't contain the tears anymore. As Applejack comforted him, the rest of the Mane 5 stepped up to the plate. Behind Twilight, Celestia also moved in to apologize. "Twilight, darling, we all admit that we were no better than you at the rehearsal" Said Rarity sadly. "We had forgotten one of the most important lessons we, as the best of friends, could ever learn" Added Rainbow. "And that was to take your friend's concerns seriously, even when it seems like there's nothing to worry about" Finished Fluttershy. "You're not a party pooper Twilight. We are" Said Pinkie, her mane semi-deflated. "We are all party poopers". Twilight's eyebrows were no longer furrowed. The messages seemed to be finally sinking in, clearing the storm from her mind. Finally, Celestia stepped up to the plate. Placing a hoof on Twilight's shoulder, she looked at the purple unicorn with a solemn, honest expression, which Twilight returned. "Twilight Sparkle, my faithful student, there are few words I can say that will absolve me, or any of us. How we acted towards you at the rehearsal was harsh, unbecoming, and....." Celestia struggled to say the next word, considering it was an adjective she never thought she'd use to describe herself or others that were not inherently bad. ".....and evil. But please understand, we were only doing what we thought was right. We would never intend to hurt you, but considering the fact that we did, I hope you can forgive us. I, as the Princess of the Sun, and the leader of all these ponies, am especially ashamed of how I behaved. Even my dear sister was outraged at how I acted, and in light of this, there is only one thing left to say. Twilight, my most faithful student, I am deeply sorry. I hope with all my heart that you can forgive us". As Celestia bowed her head, Twilight looked down to the floor, taking a moment to think. Eventually, she managed to reach a conclusion, which left her downcast and remorseful. "I was wrong too". Celestia, Shining Armor, the Mane 5, Night Light, Twilight Velvet and even Spike, who was poking his head around the arch of the throne room, looked at Twilight in surprise. None of them expected her to fess up, considering how much worse they behaved. "I was foalish to have confronted the impostor in the way I did. I could have thought of a better way, and I could've also gathered proof, but time was not on my side, and evidently, nor was fate. I decided to confront the impostor openly, thinking that Shining would defend me because I cared for his safety, also hoping that my friends would stand by me, knowing that they learned to take my concerns seriously, and believing that Celestia would follow suit, knowing that as her star student, I was never wrong about anything usually. I mean, if that were the real Princess Cadance........" Twilight drooped her head as tears began welling up her eyes. She began sobbing, much to the bewilderment of the Mane 5, Shining Armor and Celestia. It seemed that she had finally realized her mistake, but was that the catalyst which drove her to save Canterlot? Celestia could only wonder. Applejack and Shining Armor then went to comfort Twilight, eventually followed by the rest of the Mane 5. For Celestia, the sight was amazing. Shining Armor and Twilight's friends comforting the one they betrayed, yet she did not lash out. Indeed, the magic of friendship was truly something to fear and respect. "Girls......" Mumbled Twilight miserably. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Please don't leave me. Please.........." "Shh Sugarcube, shh" Soothed Applejack warmly. "We won't leave you ever again". With that, the two ponies embraced each other in a hug, followed by Rainbow, Pinkie, Fluttershy and Rarity. After the Mane 5 released Twilight, she then went over to hug Shining Armor, who was quick to embrace her. Shining smiled as tears rolled down his face, lovingly embracing his LSBFF for all she was worth. After a little while, Twilight then went over to hug Celestia, who welcomed her with open wings. "Princess, I'd very much like to be your student and the Element of Magic again" Said Twilight, her spirits resurrected. The Mane 5 gasped in delight. "Of course, my little pony" Answered Celestia, who embraced the unicorn. The Mane 5 began cheering and jumping for joy; the safety and future of Equestria was safe and secure once more. However, their troubles were not over. The civilians and Royal Guards, particularly the generals, were enraged at Celestia for being so foalish and naive. One civilian, a dark blue stallion wearing a formal red coat with a brown, well groomed mane, stepped forward, and pointed at Celestia. "This is our leader?! This is the one who governs over the land of Equestria?! A princess who is ready to cast aside our very lives in favour of a mere wedding?!! I demand that she be relieved of her duties at once!" Almost instantly, the other civilians and Royal Guards began murmuring agreement amongst themselves. "She nearly let us be sucked dry!" Cried an unknown mare. "Where was she when Canterlot was being attacked?!" Bellowed a Royal Guard. As a commotion began to rise, there was suddenly a flash of lightning, followed by a loud clap of thunder as Luna made her entrance atop the throne. "NOW LISTEN HERE, LADIES AND GENTLECOLTS!" Bellowed Luna in her Traditional Royal Canterlot Voice. "MY SISTER WAS TRICKED! WE WERE ALL TRICKED! AND BY A CHANGELING DISGUISED AS THE BRIDE, NO LESS! SHE WAS SET UP TO HURT LADY SPARKLE, AS WAS HER BROTHER AND HER FRIENDS! DO NOT CHASTISE MY SISTER, OR THE OTHERS FOR THEIR SINS! BLAME THE ENEMY, WHOSE ONLY PURPOSE IN LIFE WAS TO TURN FAMILIES AND FRIENDS AGAINST EACH OTHER! WHOSE ONLY GOAL IN LIFE WAS TO HARVEST LOVE IN ORDER TO STRENGTHEN HER POWERS FURTHER, AS WELL AS THAT OF HER SUBJECTS! BLAME THE CHANGELING QUEEN, WHO IS THE ONLY ONE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL THIS DISHARMONY!"

The entire throne room had fallen into silence. Luna had done what she needed to do in order for the ponies to understand. As the crowds began to recede amongst themselves, Applejack prepared to brief Twilight and Shining on Cadance's predicament. "Ok, Twilight, Shining, I have bad news for you. Princess Cadance was captured by the Changelings during a raid on Ponyville. She was knocked out and brought back to their hive". "My Cady's been captured?!" Cried Shining in shock. "Those buckers! We have to go and save her!". "Not so fast big brother" Said Twilight. "First, we need a plan. Girls, come here". The Mane 5 huddled around Twilight as she began forming a plan to attack the Changeling hive.

For Shining Armor, the Mane 5 and Celestia, this was a crucial victory. With Chrysalis and the Changelings slain, and their bond with Twilight restored, the only matter left at hoof was to free Cadance, and continue with the wedding as it was originally planned. Shining Armor, in particular, could breathe a huge sigh of relief. After the way he disowned Twilight and banished her from the wedding, he wondered if he could ever deserve such a loving and loyal mare as his sister. But that didn't matter now. All was forgiven, and what mattered now was to free his bride before it was too late.

Edited by Firebolt Blitz
  • Brohoof 1

Now that the drama between Twilight, her friends, Shining Armor and Celestia's now over, I guess it's time for them to get to the Changeling Hive and retrieve Cadence. That and this chapter probably earned our forgiveness for their actions, we can't be mad at the Infamous Seven any longer since that's all in the past now with the loss of Chrysalis and the Changelings.

The only question I now have in mind now that the Infamous Seven and Twilight have forgiven each other for their actions after being strung along by Chrysalis is...............How are the rest of the Changelings (if there are any left alive after Twilight's magic overload) going to react if they found out that their queen's officially dead and is Cadence going to forgive her aunt, her husband and her favorite filly's friends once she's rescued?

• 5 weeks later...

Author's notice: I apologize for the lack of updates in recent weeks, but my mind has been taken off the fanfic for the time being. Fear not, I will return to finish this as I planned to, but for now, I'm going to settle down, enjoy Easter, and plan out the next chapter.

Firebolt Blitz, signing off.  ;) 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
Chapter 9-At Death's Door

Rain cascaded down upon the jagged, black mountains of the Equestrian Badlands as a storm brewed, both above in the clouds, and on the ground below. Across the black, rocky surface, a large army of Royal Guards stomped along towards the Changeling Hive, their armor clanking as they moved. However, these were not ordinary Royal Guards. They were Celestia's one-time assault force; The Solar Knights. They came dressed in ornate black and golden armor, with the cutie mark of the princess emblazoned in gold on the front chestplate. The unicorns were taught new spells designed purely for combat, the pegasi were the elite of the elite when it came to airborne battle, and the Earth ponies were simply the best fighters in all of the Equestrian armed forces. They were fitter, faster and much more fierce than the regular Royal Guards. All in all, Shining Armor's drill sergeants had moulded them into the best of the best. Alas, Shining Armor was not there to lead them. In his place stood his adjutant and closest ally, Valiant Courage, a lieutenant in the Royal Guard. As for Shining Armor, he was accompanying the Mane 6 up a side road which ran along the main valley, through which the Knights marched.  The girls ensured they remained invisible among the rocks, however that would be difficult, considering the bright colours of their respective coats. Among the six ponies, there were nerves rattling with fear. Even Pinkie was anxious about her situation, but at least she wasn't as bad as Fluttershy. She had never been to the Badlands in her lifetime, and already it was shaking her to her very core. "Twilight, I'm scared" whimpered the yellow pegasus, her body shaking like a leaf. "I know Fluttershy" replied Twilight. "Just try to relax. At least the Changelings don't know we're here". Despite acknowledging Twilight's words, Fluttershy could not relax. This was perhaps the most terrifying experience of her life, even more so than when the Ursa Major attacked Ponyville, with Trixie powerless to fend it off.

After a few more moments of weaving through the rocky landscape, the Hive came into view. Truly it was a sight as fearsome as it was menacing. From the many cracks and holes in the mountain, eerie green light spewed forth, and thick black smoke rose into the sky. Truly this was a place no pony alive would look forward to entering. However, silence suddenly descended over the valley as the Knights stopped marching. Shining was the first to notice why. "Twily, hold up". "What is it?" Asked Twilight in response. Shining grit his teeth, his tail flicking with anticipation. "They're here" he growled, as his eyes fell on the gathered mass of black, fanged and armoured insects on the opposite end of the valley. Growling and sneering maliciously, the Changelings began stamping their hooves in time to the beat of a drum, lined with the skin of a griffon. One Changeling rasped a growl of fierceness as he prepared to do battle with the Solar Knights. The latter were also bracing themselves, when suddenly Valiant Courage took two steps forward, raised his hoof in the air and bellowed a cry of defiance, with his Knights following suit. As his army roared, cried and hollered behind him, Courage silenced himself and pointed his hoof at his opponents. "FOR EQUESTRIA! CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!!!!!" In that instant, the entire mass of Solar Knights charged at the Changelings, roaring with fury. The latter followed suit, the frontal battery of Changeling unicorns firing a mix of concussive and love-draining spells at the ponies. Within seconds, the two armies clashed, and all manner of hell broke loose in the valley. 

Back up on the side road, Shining turned to face Twilight. "This is it Twiley. Either we get into the hive now, or I'll have lost my Cady forever". With a nod, Twilight then rallied the Mane 5 to her side. "What do you say girls?". "A'hm all in Sugarcube" Answered Applejack. "Me too!" Added Pinkie. "It would be my honour" Said Rarity. "Um, yeah....as long as nopony gets hurt" Said Fluttershy timidly. Happy with the response she got, Twilight turned to face her brother. "Lets go Shiny. It's time we end this together". With that, the group moved towards the hive. The first obstacle was a bridge leading to a side gate, guarded by a mix of Changelings. Twilight would be the first to get their attention. From the best range she could get, the purple unicorn fired a concussive spell which hit the bridge. The bait worked, as one of the two Changelings guarding the gate ordered his comrades to locate the source of that spell. Using the environment to camouflage themselves as best as they could, the Mane 6 and Shining waited to pounce on the Changelings, and after a moment's waiting, they pulled the trigger. "Now!" Barked Twilight, quickly pouncing on one of the two Changelings. "What the-" Was all the lead Changeling could say before Applejack landed a devastating blow with her hind legs. Unfortunately, the Changelings at the gate saw them. "Alert the commander, quickly! I will deal with them" Said the first Changeling, before running down to the ambush, leaving his comrade to run inside. Pinkie looked up to see the Changeling galloping towards her at full blast. In short time, she pulled out her party cannon and yelled "Surprise!" before blasting a load of streamers at the insect. "AAAGH! MY EYES!" Screamed the Changeling as his hooves became tangled up in the mess. Applejack did the honours by bucking the Changeling in the face, knocking him out cold. "Come on y'all. Cadance is waitin' fer us" Said Applejack, who led the group towards the gate. 

The battle was well and truly on at this point. The Mane 6 knew their mission, and were ready to see it done. However, there was one important issue in the back of Twilight's mind. How would Cadance react when she saw them? Would she be still angry, or would she be delighted to see them? The answer to Twilight was obvious, but still she was concerned. Still, they had a job to do, and so she had to focus. Get in, get Cadance, get out.

Meanwhile, Canterlot was buzzing with activity as construction ponies worked to repair the damage done to the city during the attack. At the request of her sister, Princess Luna was busy tending to the townsponies, ensuring that nopony was hurt and that their homes and possessions were intact. If there was any damage that the ponies wanted fixed, Luna would have her accompanying Royal Guard take down their name and address on a list, before commissioning civil service ponies to look after them as soon as possible. For the moment, all seemed well, until a pair of Royal Guards carrying two APB notices with their magic, stepped in front of her. "Your Majesty, it is with deep regret that I show you these". The two Guards moved their signs in front of them, so Luna could read them. Taking a moment to study the signs, Luna looked back up in shock. "But....how can this be?! They made nice with Lady Sparkle! And it wasn't their fault that a Changeling pulled them like puppets on a string!" "Be that as it may, Princess, Captain Armour, Princess Celestia and the five Element Bearers must be brought to face justice.  Lady Sparkle was the key to putting an end to this before it even began, and there can be no greater punishment for the crime of ignoring and blatantly abandoning her to whatever fate may have befallen her than watching everypony die by the Changeling's hooves. Fortunately for them, that didn't happen, so now they must face the royal court! Oh, and princess, any attempt to interfere with the proceedings will be met with severe consequences". With that, the two Guards walked off, leaving Luna utterly shellshocked. Not only did Celestia, Shining Armor and the Element Bearers face the wrath of Twilight and the Changelings in quick succession, but now they would face the wrath of the Canterlot court! And worse still, she was powerless to intervene. However, Luna smiled as she managed to retain faith in Twilight, whom she knew would be able to step in and defend their case. Knowing this, Luna returned to work with a spring in her step.

Edited by Firebolt Blitz
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Um you do know that Luna is co ruler of equestira right? the royal guards would Never! talk to her in that!

Celestia face the canterlot court? what? um she IS the canterlot court. the title princess is hasbo's idea she and Luna's prober title is Queen as in Rules of the realm they answer only to themselves.

• Brohoof 1

Um you do know that Luna is co ruler of equestira right? the royal guards would Never! talk to her in that!

Celestia face the canterlot court? what? um she IS the canterlot court. the title princess is hasbo's idea she and Luna's prober title is Queen as in Rules of the realm they answer only to themselves.

I think Fireblitz would say that Celestia and Luna are not queens since they're not really all powerful like actual queens since they have made sins in their lifetimes that were far too great to make up for at the time. Also, he would say to you: while Luna is co-ruler of Equestria, she's still adjusting to the times considering her 1000 yearlong exile since she was taken over by Nightmare Moon and since the truth of how the first changeling invasion was revealed to everypony after Canterlot fell once again to the changelings before Chrysalis' end, the common ponies are now left to take charge of the situation and are now putting their faith and trust in Celestia to the ultimate test; that's what he would say.

real queen must be willing to take the credit when things are good and the blame when they go bad and make huge mistakes that could cost her the respect of her subjects and her honor. You do have a point but with Celestia and Luna being princesses, they don't have all power to do what they believe Equestria's current age should go as and they would have to give some of their power to the common ponies since they're the lifeblood of Equestria, not just the two princesses.

I think Fireblitz would say that Celestia and Luna are not queens since they're not really all powerful like actual queens since they have made sins in their lifetimes that were far too great to make up for at the time. Also, he would say to you: while Luna is co-ruler of Equestria, she's still adjusting to the times considering her 1000 yearlong exile since she was taken over by Nightmare Moon and since the truth of how the first changeling invasion was revealed to everypony after Canterlot fell once again to the changelings before Chrysalis' end, the common ponies are now left to take charge of the situation and are now putting their faith and trust in Celestia to the ultimate test; that's what he would say.

real queen must be willing to take the credit when things are good and the blame when they go bad and make huge mistakes that could cost her the respect of her subjects and her honor. You do have a point but with Celestia and Luna being princesses, they don't have all power to do what they believe Equestria's current age should go as and they would have to give some of their power to the common ponies since they're the lifeblood of Equestria, not just the two princesses.

the only reason there title is Princess is because Hasbro thought queen sounded to evil. they may be called princess but make no mistake they are queen's in in every way but name!

Take responsibility from the point of  the rule is different than from anyone else. Royalty as portrayed in the series do not go on trial! and there is noting to indicate that Celestia gave up any of her power to the common pony! it is not like it is in England now!  Celestia Luna and Cadance are rules and are NOT subject to the common law.  making amends for mistakes is very important but they by NO means would be subject to a trial of any kind. hell there isn't even a church to keep them in line.  the only thing keeping the royal sisters in line is themselves.

You are still hateing her for how she treated twilight simply because she was twilight. just about any other pony in the realm would get a much harsher punishment. Hard to Belieave that so many folks are still so upset over what amounts to a bit of a time out!  you cant not count Crystalis actions against anyone but Crystalis.  and now because of that suddenly they are not even rulers of their own land? you got to be kidding me!   Please stop putting Twilight on such a pedestal she is far from perfect and is treated as such! and her actions are excused or played down so much they might as well be called perfect!

in the show twilgiht's reaction was I did something very wrong. not them dam "friends" of mine are Monsters. she put the blame where it belonged on HER! Look face facts Twilight messed up.  she was proven to be correct that dose not make her actions any more correct! O she got sent to some underground dungeon BY Cryustalis not her friends and not Celesta or her brother.

O that's right you want Shining armor to drop the love of his life because Twilight is action overprotective and paranoid.  Clearly good reasons!

I am not saying anyone acted perfectly but NO one acted as badly as you seem to think they did!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Ok, let me begin by saying that this fanfiction is entirely non-canon. I mean, why do you think I labelled it as an alternative ending? It's my version of the events that followed the invasion, my version of Equestria where a royal court can put Celestia on trial if they feel that it is necessary, and MY version where Chrysalis and her Changelings will perish because they are a danger to the existence of Equestria and its inhabitants!

Oh, and by the way, will you stop repeating yourself?! We get it; Twilight wasn't exactly innocent to begin with, but the Infamous Seven aren't just a bunch of ponies who know Twilight. They are her inner circle! Her family, her friends and her mentor! All of whom are very close to Twilight, and knowing this, they should've known better than to turn up their snouts at Twilight and walk out on her! I mean, even Celestia, who is practically Twilight's surrogate mother, didn't give her the slightest bit of a chance! And the Mane 5, Twilight's best friends and the Elements of Harmony no less, chose to abandon their friend and comrade in favor of a mare they had only known for TWO BLOODY DAYS. And Shining Armor........the way he treated his LSBFF absolutely sickens me. I can't tell if Chrysalis's mind control made him say that, or if it was really him that said those words, but even if Twilight did upset his bride, the way he treated her was unforgivable. 

The fact is that these seven ponies, whom Twilight held close, trusted with her life, and the ones she would always look to in her time of need all abandoned her, leaving her to whatever fate may have befallen her, especially murder. Knowing how close they are to Twilight, they shouldn't have behaved the way they did towards her. I mean, Celestia should've known that Twilight would never lie, and for them to treat her like dirt is simply unacceptable. This show is supposed to teach us about the Magic of Friendship, and instead we get this piece of sh*t. I hope you're happy knowing that you're going against the moral of the show by defending the actions of the Infamous Seven, all who broke Twilight's heart and ditched her without a grain of remorse. And furthermore, by abandoning Twilight, who had the mastermind of the Changeling invasion cornered, the Infamous Seven let Chrysalis slip past them, and in doing so they endangered the city of Canterlot, as well as Cadance and Twilight, who could have died from starvation if nopony reached them. And nopony could either, considering nopony knows that the caves even existed in the first place. Why can't you just accept it?! The blame is entirely on the Infamous Seven for failing to protect Twilight, Cadance, Canterlot, and by extension, the entire length and breadth of Equestria! If Chrysalis had won, for God's sake, then she would have won completely unopposed! As we all saw, Celestia couldn't stop her, the Mane 5 couldn't stop her, Luna probably wouldn't have succeeded either, and the Royal Guard? Don't get me started! 

The blame is solely on the Infamous Seven for nearly letting Chrysalis conquer Canterlot, and if you refuse to accept that, then you can get the hell out of my fanfic. I'm not stopping for anything, I will ensure that Twilight is vindicated and that the Infamous Seven (quite rightly) gets the blame they deserve.

Edited by Firebolt Blitz
  • Brohoof 1

Around the point that Twilight nuked Chrysalis, I called bullshit. This is the same person who decided to spare Sunset Shimmer, someone who had just tried to nuke Twilight 

Twilight is moral to a fault, turning her into an executioner is so OOC. This is also why I hated the fic "Faith and Doubt". The story is too busy focusing on "RAGH, TEH ANGST IS REAL! FEEL MY EDGE!"

• Brohoof 1

Around the point that Twilight nuked Chrysalis, I called bullshit. This is the same person who decided to spare Sunset Shimmer, someone who had just tried to nuke Twilight 

Twilight is moral to a fault, turning her into an executioner is so OOC. This is also why I hated the fic "Faith and Doubt". The story is too busy focusing on "RAGH, TEH ANGST IS REAL! FEEL MY EDGE!"

I say again, non-canon. And besides, was Twilight OOC when she was fighting for her life against Tirek? She was pretty pissed there as well.

Twilight spared Sunset, because she didn't necessarily hurt anybody she cared for. Spike doesn't count either, because he was kidnapped, not hurt. Tirek, on the other hand, blew up the library with the intent to mash Twilight and Owlowiscious into a pile of splattered blood, flesh, fur and feathers. If I were Twilight, I'd get pretty pissed at that. And he was a big freaking threat. Sunset wasn't much of a threat to begin with.

• Brohoof 1

I say again, non-canon. And besides, was Twilight OOC when she was fighting for her life against Tirek? She was pretty pissed there as well.

Twilight spared Sunset, because she didn't necessarily hurt anybody she cared for. Spike doesn't count either, because he was kidnapped, not hurt. Tirek, on the other hand, blew up the library with the intent to mash Twilight and Owlowiscious into a pile of splattered blood, flesh, fur and feathers. If I were Twilight, I'd get pretty pissed at that. And he was a big freaking threat. Sunset wasn't much of a threat to begin with.

Yeah, but even so, Twilight didn't exactly try to kill Tirek either. We know that you can access Tartarus via the fact that Cerberus was able to escape. Chrysalis was already beaten, there was no need to kill her. If Twilight acted the same, she would have smashed Discord's statue, curbstomped Sunset Shimmer, and gone down to Tartarus to kill Tirek

Yeah, but even so, Twilight didn't exactly try to kill Tirek either. We know that you can access Tartarus via the fact that Cerberus was able to escape. Chrysalis was already beaten, there was no need to kill her. If Twilight acted the same, she would have smashed Discord's statue, curbstomped Sunset Shimmer, and gone down to Tartarus to kill Tirek

Ok, that was the canon universe, where Twilight was a little more forgiving than what I can allow for. However, this is my universe. Chrysalis and her Changelings posed a grave threat to the life of Equestria and its ponies, and thus Twilight had to destroy them. After all, love is what helps Equestria to thrive. Without it, the place would become practically dead. Therefore I felt that Chrysalis had to die. If Twilight hadn't eliminated her, she would've harvested all of Equestria, leaving it an empty, lifeless shell of misery. You would do the same in my position. 

• Brohoof 1