Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Am I The Only Person That Loathes Derpy Hooves?

MLPForums Phanact

The Derpy Hooves Poll  

162 users have voted

1. 1. Do you dislike Derpy Hooves?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure

(edited)

I just wanted to ask everyone this question as all I ever see is complete love and adoration for this background pony. I don't know exactly why I loathe this pony so much but I just think that there is no purpose for this pony. She doesn't do anything or teach people about anything and the only thing I really know about Derpy is that she's very uneducated or just plain ditsy. 

If anyone could actually tell me what Derpy Hooves is all about then I'd be grateful because this is one pony I really don't understand the point of.

EDIT: Changed the poll to read 'dislike' instead of 'hate' because I agree that hate is way too strong of a word to use.

Edited by Kaz
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

I voted no for your poll because hate is a strong emotion to describe how I feel about this character. Personally, I don't really care for Derpy Hooves at all. I believe she is the most overrated character in the entire Friendship is Magic universe. Even before the drama in January and February 2012 I saw her to be blown up by the fandom. I see her as fun and cute, but I get sick of seeing her plastered on so much brony-themed merchandise. Sure, bronies are responsible for her popularity, but she's not the greatest thing to come out of the show. As for anyone else's opinions, I have met a few who do not like Derpy.

Edited by Nagisa
  • Brohoof 6

Here's a better question. Why?

Why does anyone love or hate a pony that they know next to nothing about? I am very neutral to all the background ponies in terms of liking/disliking with the exception of my loving Lyra because she looks pretty and because Background Pony.

Derpy seems likable enough to me... Don't see any reason to hate her, but I don't love her by any means.

• Brohoof 9

That. Derpy is the bronies' pony, as she likely wouldn't exist if we didn't exist, so we love her. Derpy, mostly in fan works, teaches the lesson of accepting people who are different, which, in essence, is the show's main message.

• Brohoof 15

(edited)

Snip

I agree with Nagisa, though I put "Not Sure". It is annoying how she is everywhere nowadays. There are other background ponies for the spotlight to shine on. I don't hate Derpy, she's just everywhere, is all.

Edited by Civil Sunset
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I agree with Nagisa, though I put "Not Sure". It is annoying how she is everywhere nowadays. There are other background ponies for the spotlight to shine on.

Hahaha. I'm chuckling because my quoted post comes up as "snip." I think we know for a good fact that Snips is a well-disliked character in the show. ^_^

Snips_talks_to_Spike_S1E06.png

Edited by Nagisa
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I'm pretty sure Clarity hates her too. As for me, I like Derpy, but I hate how much value the fandom gives her when she's just a background character, and the massive, if not violent, backlash known as Derpygate proves it

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 1

I'm pretty sure Clarity hates her too.

Clarity may hardly be active on here anymore, but I do recall her not liking Derpy, either. She didn't like a lot of popular characters such as Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie.

I loathe Derpy, can hardly stand her. You can't seem to go for 5 minutes on a pony site without seeing 5 things related to her, or worse someone endlessly saying "I just don't know what went wrong!" again, and again, and again. Besides that I have a general dislike of fanon (excluding names and the like), especially when people consider it absolute fact. Derpy's entire character is fanon, with most of the "clues" people worked off being shoddy at the very best. And then there was the Derpy drama... I could go on.

Why yes, I am very hateful.

• Brohoof 4

I don't understand why anyone would hate her, she is just an adorable background pony and the fandom has created her persona. There is nothing that says she is uneducated, I believe that she is actually smart, she is just clumsy. That's what I love about her, she is random, cute and clumsy. I'm very clumsy myself, it's also because she is different. A lot of bronies can relate to that, also muffins.. Who doesn't love muffins. I don't care what anyone thinks.. Derpy is awesome, I love her. Before I gave the show a chance I saw the video #savederpy and after that video I started to check out the show. First by checking out a video with Fluttershy's "yay", which led to me finally giving the show a chance.

Thank you Derpy!

derpy+hooves.png

She is just a happy pony, she makes me happy.  :derp:

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

Derpy is a pony that has a "derpy eye." The fandom then gave derpy more depth and personality(not to much though). I do think Derpy can also teach people not to judge someone because of a small difference like an eye problem, or because their clumsy. Derpy is a hard working pony in several fan fics. I found a video that explain why people overeacted to derpy when she was in that episode with applejack, and kinda gives derpy purpose.

However she still is overused  Edited by SkullCrusherX

(edited)

Who's Clarity? I do the feel the same about Rainbow Dash, but I do like Pinkie much more. I don't see too much Pinkie Pie stuff lying around or maybe I'm not looking hard enough. 

Clarity is a 13 (almost 14) year old girl who lives in China, once in California. She was very popular on the forums half a year ago. She was widely known on the forums for being a die-hard Applejack fan.

http://mlpforums.com/user/8143-clarity/

Edited by Nagisa
  • Brohoof 1

See I used to really dislike Pinkie Pie. She came across as annoying and pushy to me but then I heard the Smile song and I instantly fell in love with her because I kind of see myself in that song in that I want to make people happy.

The only problem I have with Derpy is that she doesn't really do anything. The spa girls work in the spa, Snips and Snails help Trixie etc. but I don't see what Derpy's role is in the land of Equestria... 

I think she is really over popular in the fandom.

• Brohoof 2

I honestly loathe Luna and think she's overrated as all hell, but this isn't about her. Derpy was discovered by bronies, which is why she's so special to most of us. Or how she could fit in despite her eyes being like that.

Derpy.gif

See I used to really dislike Pinkie Pie. She came across as annoying and pushy to me but then I heard the Smile song and I instantly fell in love with her

I was the same. I didn't like Pinkie Pie for the longest time, and all of a sudden this year she became my #1 favourite pony. just above Twilight Sparkle, who I already loved so much. Weird how things work out?

Oh god, Clarity sounds exactly like me. I absolutely adore Applejack! D: I NEED TO SPEAK TO THIS GIRL! She seems to be quite the wise one.

She hardly goes online anymore, sadly. :(Back in January/February she had some both forum and real-life drama that made her not go on as much.

• Brohoof 1

What the hell is the whole muffins thing? I really don't understand that at all D:

It's there because she said, "Muffins!" in an episode of the show. No offense, but if you're going to hate a character...actually know them first.

• Brohoof 1

I never actually spotted that before. I just keep seeing people reference it. After watching that video in a post above about Derpy's drama, I completely disagree that she should be removed from the show. I really dislike this pony, but I don't think she should be removed from the show at all, especially not just because some "moms" said so. I do agree that she is a really cute pony but there's something I just really dislike about her.

Also, @WheatleyCore, I don't have a problem with the whole muffins thing and my dislike for Derpy has nothing to do with that, I just literally did not know that Derpy ever said muffins.

• Brohoof 1

I never actually spotted that before. I just keep seeing people reference it. After watching that video in a post above about Derpy's drama, I completely disagree that she should be removed from the show. I really dislike this pony, but I don't think she should be removed from the show at all, especially not just because some "moms" said so. I do agree that she is a really cute pony but there's something I just really dislike about her.

Also, @WheatleyCore, I don't have a problem with the whole muffins thing and my dislike for Derpy has nothing to do with that, I just literally did not know that Derpy ever said muffins.

Just a forum tip, but you may want to quote another user when you're replying to them by pressing quote on the bottom right corner.

Ah alright, sorry if I sounded rude. Also, your hatred of her sounds like my hatred of Princess Luna; we don't know why we hate them...we just do. :| 

I don't hate Derpy but, I can see that she is everywhere. Look if you hate her, your entitled to your opinion so I don't really have much to say about her at all.