Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

*Spoilers* Season 4 footage at SDCC

~StatesTheOblivious~

Just to confirm this to everyone. That was a flashback Twilight was having from Celestia's point of view when she first turned into Nightmare Moon.

Regardless these spoilers are exactly what I needed to see to know how good Season 4 is going to be.

This actually makes a ton of sense. This is confirmed you say? Very good. I would have hated for Luna to become a villain again, but this is a very neato way to approach it. Thank you for posting that, really. That was the only little worry that popped into my mind. Seriously though, all of this is just...it is nearly overwhelming. Even though I really liked season 3, I feel that this is going to completely blow it out of the ocean.

I don't like overhyping things, but they seem to be hitting the right notes already. I swear, I never have been this excited for anything in a long time. :D

• Brohoof 7

"Holy new Ponysonas! " Gotta love the crew for throwing that in! XD

Also that Nightmare Moon clip! My Celestia that is awesome! I knew Luna would get jealous!

SEASON 4 IS GONNA BE THE BEST SEASON EVER!

My god Bronycurious was right, Luna wasn't reformed by the Elements of Harmony, she was just biding her time so she could stab everypony in the back.

• Brohoof 5

My god Bronycurious was right, Luna wasn't reformed by the Elements of Harmony, she was just biding her time so she could stab everypony in the back.

My mistake, it's actually been confirmed that Nightmare Moon clip is actually one of Celestia's memories that Twilight went into. You see how Luna said "Everypony is basking in your light." ? Definitely refering to Celestia's sun powers.

• Brohoof 6

Remember when everyone said Snowdrop was more likely to become canon then Double Rainboom?

HA! PPG reference!

I'm so excited Scootaloo's inability to fly is inally being brought up. Of course, knowing the show, this may mean she will finally fly. SQUEAL!

The new song sounds good, but even more excited for Luna's song!

And n the last clip, guys, stuff just got real; Luna and Celestia are kidnapped, and Nightmare moon returns. This has the potential to be as great as Canterlot Wedding.

I cannot WAIT till Novemeber

• Brohoof 3

This is exciting and all but, after reading the Q&A portion of the article from Equestria Daily, I've got a question of my own. ( WHY DIDN'T ANYONE ASK ABOUT DISCORD) I mean seriously, he was turned good in ''Keep Calm Flutter On'' but we have not seen him since and no one was curious enough to ask, seeing as this was the perfect opportunity.  

Good Question. However I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't bring back Discord only to push him back into the shadows again. With so many songs coming up and the post we got from his voice actor, I'm sure we might get a song from him as well and an episode. Not to raise hopes or anything.

his actually makes a ton of sense. This is confirmed you say? Very good. I would have hated for Luna to become a villain again, but this is a very neato way to approach it. Thank you for posting that, really. That was the only little worry that popped into my mind. Seriously though, all of this is just...it is nearly overwhelming. Even though I really liked season 3, I feel that this is going to completely blow it out of the ocean.

It was was very tense but hence when Luna/Nightmare Moon said "your precious light" that wouldn't make sense if she was talking too Twilight directly.

• Brohoof 4

Finally, we are getting more Scootaloo development, hopefully we will find out why she can't fly.

Didn't they mention that they were going to do an episode with a disabled pony?  Could it be (!) that Scootaloo is the diabled pony and finds out that she never will be able to fly?

Luna is becoming Nightmare Moon again? Maybe the reason she's been quiet is because she's built up all this resentment for her sister and it was still there, and Twilight becoming a princess as well flew her off the edge? I must knooooooow

I think this would be out of character.  Luna showed no ill will during Twilight's coranation.  It would also seem a bit odd that they would instill such lingering animosity in a show aimed at children.  I'm in the "Vision of History" camp where we get to see how Luna became Nightmare Moon.  They could just make it easy and use Lullaby For A Princess.

Still, I think more Evil Luna represents a lack of imagination, though I acknowledge the temptation of showing how Nightmare Moon came to be.  On the other hand, how many times are we going to bash Luna over the head with it?  Talk about carrying a grudge.

Now Celestia falling into temptation and having an evil episode, that would be fun, but will probably never ever ever happen.

Pearls of Wisdom - "Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." - Ronald Reagan

• Brohoof 4

I can't freaking wait for season 4!!! Luna and Vinyl Scratch singing ? Oh my god words can't express my excitement now. I'm also glad Twilight will be her normal adorkable self :D

• Brohoof 4

Didn't they mention that they were going to do an episode with a disabled pony?  Could it be (!) that Scootaloo is the diabled pony and finds out that she never will be able to fly?

It's more than likely. I'm just glad they're actually putting into the Equestrian Games they've been talking about in Games Pony Play. And poor little Scootaloo wants to represent Ponyville....That sounds like a pretty good episode given her wing problem.

And can I please say how random it is to have a duet with Luna and DJ-Pony? It's just pretty weird but I'm not complaining.

• Brohoof 3

My mistake, it's actually been confirmed that Nightmare Moon clip is actually one of Celestia's memories that Twilight went into. You see how Luna said "Everypony is basking in your light." ? Definitely refering to Celestia's sun powers.

Aww dang it, oh well it will still be awesome. That I am most sure of, though I do hope we get to see a bit more about Celestia's past, maybes ''Discords rule perhaps.''

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

Another thing to add to the Nightmare Moon thing, she also said 'There will only be ONE Princess'. What about Celestia and Cadence? So, yeah, this, as well as what Rainicorn and others pointed out, is obvious proof that it is some type of flashback thing.

THIS, is an awesome idea. We can see how Nightmare Moon originally came to be and it could potentially shed some light on the past of Equestria. Maybe not too much, but a bit at least.

Does this somehow make me even MORE excited? Yes it does. (My excitement was already at max) Does it hurt? Yes, yes it does. Dat wait....

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 6

Another thing to add to the Nightmare Moon thing, she also said 'There will only be ONE Princess'. What about Celestia and Cadence? So, yeah, this, as well as what Rainicorn and others pointed out, is obvious proof that it is some type of flashback thing.

It's a flashback from Celestia's point of view. This happened before Twilight or Cadence ever became princess, when it was only Celestia and Luna. 

• Brohoof 4

It's a flashback from Celestia's point of view. This happened before Twilight or Cadence ever became princess, when it was only Celestia and Luna.

I know that, I was just providing more proof for those who might have been confused. :P I was very confused at first until I thought about it...This idea works on so many levels. DHX, level up!

• Brohoof 4

THIS, is an awesome idea. We can see how Nightmare Moon originally came to be and it could potentially shed some light on the past of Equestria. Maybe not too much, but a bit at least.

Does this somehow make me even MORE excited? Yes it does. (My excitement was already at max) Does it hurt? Yes, yes it does. Dat wait....

I really hope that the Nightmare Moon episode is early in the season, there is nothing that interests me more than lore. Just the storyboard drawing was epic. And seeing how the animations and drawings became smoother in Season 3, I hope they pour everything they have into this episode, or...hopefully, series of episodes‼

• Brohoof 5

Is Scootaloo going to represent Ponyville in the Equestria Games?

The song sounded pretty damn awesome.

Was Spike fantasizing while reading a comic book?

Lastly, I think the whole Nightmare Moon thing was just Twilight experiencing a flashback of Luna turning into Nightmare Moon. Luna said "there can only be one princess in Equestria" and  "they all bask in your precious light", probably she was talking to Celestia.

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

Well I'm not a fan of Nightmare Moon, since i love Princess Luna, but if you're saying its Celestia's dream that Twilight gets into that outta be interesting. I felt so bad for scootaloo in that and how about that awesome song huh? Haven't seen it? Here:

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/07/comic-con-season-4-pony-clip.html?m=1

Edited by Sonicrules831
  • Brohoof 4

Ok, so far we have a musical episode with Pinkie, a roadtrip (?) episode with the apple family, 15-20 new songs, including some with Luna and Vinyl, a superhero episode, a Scootaloo episode addressing her flightlessness, and a badass flashback episode with NMM.

This is going to be a good season.

• Brohoof 7

I have just one thing to say............

OMFG NIGHTMARE MOON IS BACK!!!!!

Seriously, how did I not see this coming?! Luna gets jealous at Twilight, and then shit gets real. How in the holy hay did I not see this coming?! I thought Luna had changed her ways and everything!

• Brohoof 4

Omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg.

I... i.. thi... omg....

*Catches breath*

THIS IS GOING TO BE *Cue Rainbow Voice* SOOO AWESOMEEEE *end rainbow voice*

Seriously though, when they said 15-20 songs I was like. HECK TO DA YES YO. :P I think that I'd watch the show just to hear the songs maybe, even if the episodes werent even that good.

But the thing is, from what I can tell, the episodes are looking EPIC. 

Seriously I'm so happy for the Scootaloo not being able to fly episode, I love backstory. You know I wonder something, according to one of the questions Scootaloo has parents apparently, but they just haven't been shown. So maybe her parents come back during that episode and tell her she can't fly do to*Insert pony flying diablity name here* just a thought, which leads to this.

Also from them mentioning Mrs. Harshwenny(Can't spell her name >_>) It must have to do with the Equestria games. That sounds like an awesome episode. Might be enough to make Scootaloo my favorite CMC.

Also Pinkie getting to see her sisters, not to mention after they've already had their names revealed which is cool, that will be awesome, I wonder if we'll see her parents, maybe get an explanation why she lives with the cakes... Oh juicy backstory how I love you :D.

Speaking of backstory and lore and stuff, the whole thing with Nightmare Moon and the flashback with Twilight in Celestia's perspective(Which until I read the comments here confused the crap outta me btw.) sounds awesome. I really really hope that they explore some lore in that episode and we finally get to learn more about the events taking place around Nightmare moons time(I would say Discords reign, but seeing as Nightmare moon seems to have happended after Discords reign, we may need to wait for another episode for that.)

Going back to the song, that song was awesome, I mean Raise this barn was catchy, but this song was really awesome, I was a bit nervous to see if Daniel still had his magic touch, but listening to it makes me happy, because he did a great job!

I'm also happy Pinkie will be getting atleast a few songs according to them focusing songs around Pinkie, Pinkie has great songs(Although me and my obsession over Twilights voice might be disappointed if Twilight goes without a song this season)

RARITY IS GETTING EPISODES, BAH FREAKING FINALLY XD.

I am cool with Derpy staying as an easter egg kinda pony personally.

also the whole superhero episode sounds awesome, I'm going to say its probably a big fantasy or dream or something, but I'm totally in for random dream episodes of fantasy's :D.

Oh yeah and random going back to the song, Appleblooms voice sounds awesome on that high note, just saying.

According to the panel Twilight is staying her usual Adorkable self. Of course its up to judgement, but if their right then wohoo :D.

I'm curious about the comment on the changelings, i assume that not all the characters are changelings obviously.. But maybe its a hint that an episode will have ponies randomly and secretly being replaced by them? Its possible, just speculation right now I guess. At the very least I bet it means changelings will return in S4.

This stuff pumped me up, i've been kinda iffy and worried a little for S4, but this stuff sounds awesome!

The like only thing that made me a little sad from the whole panel is that Bab's isn't in S4, :(. Kinda sucks, but regardless we have plenty more awesome stuff to be excited for in S4 :D.

I don't want to get to excited, just in case I somehow get let down, and because it makes the wait for S4 way harder, but its getting kinda hard.. :P.

Regardless, I think S4 is looking very promising :).

• Brohoof 6

I'm super excited for this.  Scootaloo episode? YES!  I just hope she can fly a bit tough, maybe her wings aren't developing as fast as they normally should?  Luna flashback? YES!!!  So awesome!  The song is super catchy also!  Maybe Pinkie Pie really is related in some way?  Her family owns a farm after all...

The return of Nightmare Moon and another Scootaloo episode? Summer, I normally don't ask this of you, but could you please hurry up and leave so I can watch MLP?

I ask this of summer all the time.  Summer please be over so I can finally go outside again without feeling like dying.  But then I regret it when school starts.

• Brohoof 3

What month is it, July? Buck me we have a while. I'm not going to hype it. I think this season is going to be great but I'm not one to hype things up just to get disappointing.

I'm happy that we get a Scootallo episode again.

The NNM thing was obvious that it was a flashback with the whole in your sunlight thing. However, since it's Twilight in Celestia's POV do we get to see Twilight fight NNM one on one? That's what I wanted in EqG was a one on one with Twilgiht and Sunset but I can live a NNM vs Twilight.

Dose Apple Bloom's singing voice sound different I know that she hasn't sung a lot but I think it sounds a bit different. Man I'm glade big Mac dosen't sing in that song. His voice is more like a Old Man River type of voice. -_-

Dose Pinkie Pie become a part of the Apple family? Maybe her family is disappointed in her lifestyle choice (though they were fine with it in her story) and she decides to go back to her roots and work at Sweet Apple Acres for a short time like in MMC.

One of my fears for season 4 is that it was going to be cliche and predictable like EqG was and from this preview my fears have been shoot down for the most part so that's good.

• Brohoof 2

I have a strong feeling the Apple Family + Pinkie song is the Apples' way of trying to cure Pinkie's homesickness which then leads to her sisters visiting.

That's a very good theory you have there!!

Is Scootaloo going to represent Ponyville in the Equestria Games?

Maybe

The song sounded pretty damn awesome.

I agree,even better than Raise this Barn!

Was Spike fantasizing while reading a comic book?

I think so!

Lastly, I think the whole Nightmare Moon thing was just Twilight experiencing a flashback of Luna turning into Nightmare Moon. Luna said "there can only be one princess in Equestria" and  "they all bask in your precious light", probably she was talking to Celestia.

I think it was as well! But how did Twilight get into that memory? That's the question!!

• Brohoof 2

AND JUST LIKE THAT I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!

It looks SOOOOOOO good!!!!!

And that last sscene with Luna AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH I can not wait to find out what that is all about :D!

They gave the perfect spoilers, I'm riding this hype train all the way to S4!

• Brohoof 3