Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

*Spoilers* Season 4 footage at SDCC

~StatesTheOblivious~

I'm rather confused why people think this has to be modern times. To me it looked more like a flashback Twilight was stuck in, from Celestia's perspective. Luna did say, 'basking in your precious light' after all. Obviously that's got to mean the sun. Twi doesn't control the sun, Tia does. My money is on a flashback to the turning moment when Luna became Nightmare Moon in front of Celestia, over a thousand years ago, from the neglect she felt from her moon being shunned as opposed to Celestia's sun being rejoiced. A flashback would also explain why Twilight was confused as to where she was, and to why the modern day Celestia and Luna 'disappeared'.

Actually this reminds me of something I read a while back. I was supposedly a april fools joke, but the article was comments made by Megan and she said Luna wasn't coming back. Now this could mean nothing seeing as it was said to be a april fools joke, but if I were to write a character like Luna out of the show it would probably be by having her turn evil and then getting banish to the moon again.

• Brohoof 2

http://www.tvguide.com/News/My-Little-Pony-Friendship-Magic-Comic-Con-1068095.aspx

More scrapes for Spike: The dragon assistant will get into more predicaments that are "more uncomfy than before," Weseluck said.

Spike, in my opinion, has one of the most "uncomfortable" roles in the show. Fitting in for the Spike-ster just isn't easy in the land of ponies, despite how much they love him (and vice-versa).

I think this is GREAT news in terms of potentially interesting story lines. "More uncomfy than before" suggests his more childlike trials from the earlier seasons may give way to more complex ones. Will his greatest fear of not being Twilight's assistant anymore seem to come to pass? Will harsh realities set in with him re: Rarity? Change can be scary...

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Ugh. *facepalm*

Hasbro is trying too hard to address whatever bronies tell them to. :V

We don't HAVE to see when Luna turned evil, but of course since you guys always talk about it we're going to get an episode about it. -___-

This is supposed to be a simple kids show, remember? But it's been going downhill since season two-ish, when they started implementing brony stuff. T_T Maybe you all should ask for a Doctor Who crossover episode. After all, they love giving you anything you whine about. :3

Okay let's see how many people get their jimmies rustled.

Edited by Wolveon

(edited)

The Scootaloo ep preview made me so sad, I love that they are addressing it though, aside from Sleepless in Ponyville Scootaloo hasn't had her own time to shine.

The superheroes one I agree with a few others in that it looks like a dream sequence. Is that a play on the Power Rangers? If so this just made my night.

That song was absolutely amazing. I love the tune. And I think someone else mentioned this - but I do feel like this is from a family-inspired episode. And I think they mentioned something about that previously (that there would be an episode focused on the families) and since we're meeting Pinkie's sisters, I wouldn't be suprised if this song were in that episode.  But that song is so catchy! Is that Big Mac singing as well? I don't recall really hearing him sing before.

The last one was great too. I really like the idea of a flashback. I was at first on the edge of my seat thinking NMM was back but luckily thanks to many posters I feel more assured that this is sort of the background about how she turned into NMM to begin with. I hope they touch more on the history of Luna and Celestia.

Bonus: I am so so sad that Babs Seed was a temporary character, I was really hoping to see Manehattan and the CMC there :(

Edited by Razzmataz
  • Brohoof 3

This is supposed to be a simple kids show, remember?

Is it? (The word I'm focusing on is "simple".)

I don't think you have to worry about the show catering to Bronies; it exists primarily to sell toys to non-Bronies. I'd rather like to think that the show instead continues to work in the vein Lauren Faust did when she came up with her "bible": something which acknowledged a young audience could handle more complex storylines which didn't just involve one-dimensional characters taking on simplistic problems.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

I'm really excited about the NMM backstory, but I'm really glad they won't (hopefully) be bringing her back in the present since I love Luna as just Luna. Did every pony see those other spoilers from the ComicCon?

--Meghan is excited about the new opportunities Twilight as an alicorn unlocks, but she stays true to her usual Twilight Sparkle adorkable way.

Kids Q&A

--Q: Is Scootaloo an Orphan?

A: Just because Scootaloo's parents haven't been on screen yet, doesn't mean they are dead.

Edited by Nature Spell
  • Brohoof 2

http://mlpforums.com/topic/60416-is-anypony-else-getting-the-elements-of-harmony-guidebook/?p=1561540

One of my favorite locations in the entire series is the ancient castle of the royal pony sisters in the Everfree Forest. I love the fact that Lauren Faust chose to talk about it as her "what's one thing people may not know about Equestria" tidbit.

I'm fully expecting (read: hoping) that crumbling castle will be re-visited at some point...

castle.jpg

Well, I'm certainly on the "flashback" bandwagon now. I think we may have found out who did all that damage to the ancient castle.  How cool!

• Brohoof 8

(edited)

1.Okay first off I must say its freaking awesome to see this in animatic form. Its pretty rare that we get to see storyboards from the show. 

2. Another episode furthering Scootaloos character dealing with having stunted development in flight possibly incorporating her relationship with Rainbow dash. Im sold Sleepless in Ponyville is one of my favorite episodes.

3. That song is awesome, sooo catchy. The motion of the cart move with the motion of the ponies, Pinkie bouncing with it, the apple imagery, that waterfall reflection scene, and finally downward pan shot with the weather effects. This is going to be absolutely gorgeous when its finished. 

4. Holy jumping awesomeness batman!!! I've been wanting this for so long. Nightmare moon baby. I'm thinking its some kind of magical flashback considering Luna doesn't ever really address anything Twilight was saying. Also Luna's line regarding somepony basking in precious light seems to be referencing Celestia. I'm also going to make a prediction saying that that clip was from the first episode of season 4. 

Now Im super hyped up.

Edited by Anadu Kune
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

"Q: Is Scootaloo an Orphan? 

A: Just because Scootaloo's parents haven't been on screen yet, doesn't mean they are dead."  

*sniffs the air* Smell that? That's the smell of a thousand fanfics burning. And it's glorious.

tumblr_ljwuq1GoiQ1qb5yooo1_500.gif

Edited by Stovebolt
  • Brohoof 9

Neat. I'm glad that they will be involving more characters in the songs status. I am kind sorry to see Babs Seed go though. It would've been interesting see her and her Manehatten CMCs in an episode. 

• Brohoof 3

This looks amazing! I can't wait for Season Four; this is going to be great :3 Too bad it's coming out in December.. But NMM is coming back! Yay!

• Brohoof 2

"Q: Is Scootaloo an Orphan? 

A: Just because Scootaloo's parents haven't been on screen yet, doesn't mean they are dead."  

*sniffs the air* Smell that? That's the smell of a thousand fanfics burning. And it's glorious.

One can be an orphan without their parents needing to be dead. They could have disowned her because they weren't pleased with the fact she couldn't fly yet.

Just kidding <3

As long as Dash and Scoots have more bonding, I don't particularly care about/mind what's done with her parents, personally.

• Brohoof 6

Well I just had an evil thought....

Maybe Discord has sent her back in time to discover the truth of what really transpired and placed Twilight in Celestia hooves to get that first hand expierence....

But I'm still sticking with Twilight invadeing Lunas dreams

• Brohoof 2

One can be an orphan without their parents needing to be dead. They could have disowned her because they weren't pleased with the fact she couldn't fly yet.

Just kidding <3

As long as Dash and Scoots have more bonding, I don't particularly care about/mind what's done with her parents, personally.

Well, actually, that would explain her lack of wanting to speak of her parents. Maybe they don't get along? You can very well be homeless but have a home..

I kinda like my rich idea. (Where she simply isn't like them and they have a way of 'pushing' her into what they want, but they don't disown her.She might just not like that and chooses 'to fit in')That and the whole thing about hhaving earth pony parents might be good idea)

• Brohoof 3

Good Question. However I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't bring back Discord only to push him back into the shadows again. With so many songs coming up and the post we got from his voice actor, I'm sure we might get a song from him as well and an episode. Not to raise hopes or anything.

No no, please feel free to raise hopes :P In one of the recent panels or interviews, De Lancie replied to 'Will Discord ever sing?' with 'just remember that you asked that question'.

• Brohoof 2

K now I'm excited again and i'm staring to realy dislike DT and SS making fun of poor scootaloo like that wonder if she gonna find a way to fly now

• Brohoof 2

My goodness, this is the most amazing sneak peek I've seen. SO FREAKING EXCITED! Also...Power Ponies...holy shit...and that song, SOOOO GOOOOD AHAHAHAGHGHGHGHG CAN'T WAIT

• Brohoof 2

Gah, MLP please get here already.

That video made me ridiculously excited for season 4. And it makes me even happier that it is generally being well-received and isn't another drama fest. Don't need anymore of those this year.

Now, I know that they said that season 4 was going to be released during the winter, but have they given an official release date yet? Last year for season 3 they didn't give a date until like a month before season 3 aired, but I am hoping that the announcement can come sooner.

• Brohoof 3

THIS IS SO awesome!
Finally we get the problem of Scoot's inability to fly!
Im pretty sure the superhero thing is a dream sequence of sorts
The apple family song is awesome (though 2 nitpicks: why is Pinkie there? and where is Winona?)
Return of NM is pure gold!

• Brohoof 2

Man, I wish that I could travel to the future or freeze myself or something!  

We are going to get a musical episode that focuses on Pinkie Pie - awesome!  She didn't get any songs to herself in Season Three.  It will also be cool to see her sisters all grown up.  And I love that she goes on a road trip with the Apple family.  Someone made a comment on YouTube that made me wonder if there is going to be a connection to "Magical Mystery Cure" and Pinkie Pie running Sweet Apple Acres.

My hypothesis regarding the Power Ponies thing is that Spike writes a comic book about his pony friends as superheroes.  And then he is transported into his own story somehow.  A fanfiction writer's dream come true.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Words cannot describe the magnitude of this news. After reading the article on Equestria Daily, I got really excited. After watching the video....

I am really hoping that this right here; "Pinkie Pie meets someone who gives her a run for her partying money", could mean that maybe, and I'm just dreaming, but that it means that perhaps we might a cameo from Weird Al. That's What I hope anyway. But it could be something completely different.

Anyway, if you couldn't tell, I'm really, really excited for season 4 now.

Edited by Mr. Dash
  • Brohoof 2

......................screw you ponies for making me see this awesomeness and then forcing me to WAIT TILL WINTER. SHAME ON YOU PONIES FOR MAKING ME EXCITED.

lol JK

I thought this was amazing. My feels hurt after Scootaloo and then I was like:SEDUSA PONY. THEN I GOT HOOKED ON THE SONG. I was like "why?"

Then that awesome Luna scene. That makes you wonder if power makes you smaller as an alicorn.

• Brohoof 2