Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Random Humor?

Fender

Alright, so...just purely out of curiosity...how does everyone feel about random humor?

This could mean several things:

Do you find things that occur purely out of random amusing, or funny?

Do you find just all-out completely out of place, random things, amusing or funny?

Random humor may apply differently to different things...

To a young kid: it may be seeing Spongebob make a noise, or face.

To my sister: It's me looking at a nearly empty bucket of butter as art; the way so many smooth curves are made in the butter (weird, I know...but I hope that clarifies what that means. x3 )

To someone else, it could be this: 

Anyway, those were as good of examples as I could come up with (something I'm bad at as you can see), but I hope I get some sort of idea of what I'm talking about across.

So, how does everyone feel about random humor?

I feel that I have sort of grown out of it, but some things may always make me laugh, as stupid as they may be.

(edited)

My opinion on random humor would have to depend on my mood as well as the current situation. If random crud is goin' down in my favorite show then I'ma be ticked. Unless random humor is a huge part of the show(Adventuret Time). Or if I'm in a "Everything sucks" mood I'ma flip a table.

Edited by Dark_Princess_Luna
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

Well, I can laugh at Pinkie Pie's randomness, even hough I have to admit that I mostly shake my head while doing so...

But usually I don't laugh at random humor. Not in everyday situations. I'm way too serious most of the time and I'm not really random myself.

Edited by StatesTheOblivious
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

This may sound parodoxal, but there's a science to random. (Science deals in absolutes and random is anything but but hear me out)

You need a healthy balance of the unpredictable and relatable with good timing to make it work.

For example.

Not funny: "Cheese cheese walrus potato"

Funny: "Rubbing a cube of lard on Sharon Stone's favorite lawn gnome"

Not Funny: "Boing goes Mr. Guy as his book boo da hoop da"

Funny: "Puppies make great sponges"

Edited by Jammo
  • Brohoof 3

I like random humor especially slapstick humor since, it comes out of nowhere but you just choose to laugh at it. So, random humor is my favorite form of comedy.

• Brohoof 1

"Puppies make great sponges"

Gotta admit...picturing scrubbing my dishes with a Chihuahua made me a grow a bit of a grin.

You give a fair point nonetheless.

Unless random humor is a huge part of the show(Adventuret Time)

Eh, personally, I think Adventure Time and its..."humor" is garbage...it feels like they try too hard.

• Brohoof 1

It depends majority of the time. Even if i'm in a bad mood I still manage to get a chuckle out of something completely random (if it actually makes sense).

However, I have a friend who seems to like being a comedian, except most of his jokes doesn't makes sense.

• Brohoof 1

Eh, personally, I think Adventure Time and its..."humor" is garbage...it feels like they try too hard.

Yeah, I think that too, and is it just me or does sometimes the animation seem...sloppy?

Anyway I love random humour, but things that make weird sense like."If I were a giraffe I'd like to go on a murderous rampage"

not "BANANA APPLE BANANA BANANA"

• Brohoof 1

:o *crackle noises* Hear that? That was the sound of my heart breaking. *sits in corner of shame and pouts like a child* *le sniffle ;^;

It's okay, young one, we all have our preferences. x3

Well, in any case at all, I see this post is getting some good responses. Let's keep at it!

Visual random humor is what gets to me. I always laugh at Pinkie Pie's randomness and Discord's visual gags that type of stuff. I always get a kick out of America's Funniest Home Videos.

When it comes to jokes it takes alot to make me laugh. I have to understand the joke and get what the funny part is. It's easier to watch something funny than to hear it for me, that's just the weird way I operate. :)

• Brohoof 1

It's easier to watch something funny than to hear it for me, that's just the weird way I operate.

Not really weird, just different. :3

Some people learn or understand things from seeing, some from hearing, and some from having hands-on experiences. 

Random humor is the best need it sometimes to catch you off guard and get a great joke in, i still laugh when big mac takes the smarty pants doll at the end of lesson zero oh the writers knew already, or like family giy's cut jokes or just larry the cable guy's whole stand up routine, its all good for laighs

It's okay, young one, we all have our preferences. x3

Well, in any case at all, I see this post is getting some good responses. Let's keep at it!

*sniffles quietly and rises to my feet* Okay, okay.... I think I'm better. *cuddles Dashy plushie for comfort* I'll admit, sometimes Adventure Time does do some stupid junk sometimes.

• Brohoof 1

Not really weird, just different. :3

Some people learn or understand things from seeing, some from hearing, and some from having hands-on experiences.

Good point! But people have some good opinions on here. :)

It's like I can't just hear MLP songs without watching the video. I mean I enjoy them but not as much as when I see the expressions and animation along with the lyrics.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, it depends on if I am in the mood for such randomness. Sometimes I feel like watching something random just for amusement purposes and a few chuckles. Other times I don't want to watch something random because it bores me. It's an on and off thing with me.

Random humor is great when done right but it can be one of the most difficult forms of humor to actually get right. Even if there is madness there is a method to but it can be hard to pinpoint as it depends on what you are trying to do.

Random Humor is a huge thing for me. It always appeals to me, and makes me laugh every time. It puts me in the "Everything is funny now," mood.

(edited)

Haha that video was funny.

But well, I like random humor. It gets me most of the times, maybe not when I am in a bad mood, idk.

And it really depends what happens. But I think I dare to say that it is my favorite type of humor.

That's why I love YouTube poops xD

Edited by Jokuc