Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv which modern cartoon do you like the best?

RAGESTAR

which modern cartoon do you like the best?  

117 users have voted

1. 1. which modern cartoon do you like the best?

• Mlp Freindship is magic
    • Gravity Falls
    • Adventure Time
    • Regular Show
    • spongbob
    • Other
    • Steven Universe
    • Uncle Grandpa
    • Littlest Petshop

To be honest I am very surprised at how good Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorperated is. It is the first Scooby Doo series that has a chroniclogical order and it also gives a lot of reference to horror movies such as SAW, Halloween, and even HellRaiser. It also has a very dark storyline near the end of Season 1 where you find out the truth about Fred's dad. It also makes Velma have more personality (spoiler - she's a bi*ch!).

The new Thundercats show was fantastic. They really fixed serveral issues from the original series (the bad-guys were a lot more serious. I mean the way they transformed Kayner from a bumbling oaf into a legit psychopath (A character who Mum-Ra describes as a creature "Who commits crimes that even I would never commit")

normal_Image72.png

Great villains and great character development.

Last Airbender of course is beautifully written. Bob's Burgers is my new King of the Hill.

• Brohoof 1

Of course, MLP is on the list. I'm sure that's it for everyone here. But if it's not ponies, I love Adventure Time and Pendleton Ward's other show, Bravest Warriors on YouTube. Those shows are freaking awesome smile.png

So I'm gonna vote for Adventure Time because I think we can all agree we love MLP. I mean, that's why we're here after all! lol

Edited by Space Woona

Out of the poll, I only have watched MLP:FIM and Adventure Time (the latter I just began watching only recently). I haven't seen Gravity Falls or The Regular Show just yet, but I might check them out sooner or later. And as for SpongeBob, I only really love the first three seasons (and maybe some episodes from season 4, which was still an OK season)

I also have been watching Happy Tree Friends an awful lot lately, and loving it just about as much as I do MLP:FIM.

Cant say i watc ha lot of modern cartoons now a days beside MLP. I really dont get adventure time and the other stuff i've really grown out of.  I often watch cartoons from my childhood (early to late 90's) stuff like Generator Rex, Disney's Teachers pet. stuff like that.

• 2 months later...

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic by a mile. A few points:

• I have to admit, Regular Show and Gravity Falls look promising.
  • I know Legend of Korra to be a good show.
  • Seriously, Spongebob Squarepants gets too much hate nowadays, just because the quality has declined, doesn't make it a horrible show, I watched Seasons 7 & 8 and found them to be fairly decent.
  • Too bad Young Justice got cancelled and replaced by a pile of crap known as Teen Titans Go! (a disgrace to the original)
  • Is Dora The Explorer still running? Someone kill it with fire!!!

A huge folly of most cartoons nowadays is that they resort to randomness, just look at Gravity Falls and Adventure Time. Phineas and Ferb gets more and more weary as the seasons go by and Candace is slowly evolving into one of the most unlikable characters on the show (stereotypical teenage girl, but even that is getting too cliché). It is a decent show, but they're running out of plot ideas and is becoming increasingly monotonous and dull (especially the excessive musical numbers), I wonder much longer it can sustain itself.

Edit: Scratch that, MysteriousMrEnter has convinced Spongebob sucks

Edited by ShadowPhoenix
  • Brohoof 1

Ah just one show.. My little Pony Friendship is magic, and truth be told its the only show I watch anymore. Now days its all crap.. or I think so anyway. Key word here "I think so" well more on the lines of key words not key word... 

My little pony for a mile,but i don't hate the other shows,is simply that they evolved too much(in a good or a bad way):

-Adventure time's last episodes,personally(and sorry for fans) are not like older.Is not hate,is simply that,the essence that Adventure Time has been lost on the middle of so many relationships and boring situations.

-Phineas and Ferb is starting to run out of ideas,and can be noted on the episode's quality,which has become,like Rainbow Dash said one time"everypony jumping on a musical from nowhere(sorry if i said the sentence wrongly :P)

-I just started recently to see Gravity Falls,and it have a lot for potential,not like about stupid real-time shows from the same channel :okiedokielokie:

-About Regular Show,for now i'm okay :)

-Spongebob is the classic situation.A wonderful start,but who became a dull show,plagued of stupid situations and,per example,the showing of a true retarded Patrick

I'm not saying that MLP is perfect,is simply that,after 4 seasons,is still creating remarkable situations,with a great character development and a solid plot.

My final opinion is that,for now MLP is winning,but i can't see the future,and I don't know how the future shows will be,so everything is possible ;)

And remember...

Television is Magic :D

Edited by Lightwing19

fdfdsa fd d asd adf  23r2r r2

Edited by plzremoveaccountfdfd

I just ignored MLP as soon as I saw the choice for voting for it. I would just vote for it myself. I think it is biased to have that on the poll when everypony would choose it. Other than MLP, I think gravity falls is the best out of that list. It's a little weird, but it is probably the only thing on disney channel that I like. Adventure time isn't the best show, but I would watch it any day compared to regular show.

Edited by Judgement

I feel like voting for FiM is too biased and obvious on a Pony forum.

So I picked Regular Show. Though I'm also a fan of the unfortunately cancelled Motorcity

I think it is pretty obvious this show MLP FIM one of the best new cartoons out there. I can't think of many others asides that and the Loony Toons show and Gravity Falls.

What is sad is there used to be SO much more awesome cartoons than what we have today.

Edited by Ticking Timebomb

The Amazing World of Gumball. It... actually has good writing and I can't tell you how many times I busted a gut over it.

Not picking MLP since we're on a MLP Forum.

And I am a fan of Regular Show too. Good writing and great humor, even if a bit stupid at times. 

Edited by Champion Shift

> Implying modern Spongebob is worth anyone's time

But yeah, it's close between Gravity Falls and MLP. Like, really close. On one hand, GF has unique humor and manages to be slapstick-oriented AND kind at the same time. My Little Pony is a cute and light-hearted cartoon that focuses on various characters of unique personality and backstory that focuses on development and more intelligent humor, with slapstick here and there.

Close. Like, REALLY close. But I give the title to My Little Pony. But again, it's just TOO DARN CLOSE.

MLP is the only modern cartoon I like... I think the quality of modern cartoons has ridiculously depleted since the 80's and 90's.  One of the big reasons I love MLP is because it's almost a throw back to the style of cartoon they used to have in the 80's and 90's, and I really love that :D