Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Post your thoughts on your favorite pony here!

Akemi Homura

I'll start off. I love Pinkie Pie (in a non-romantic way). Her movements are mesmerizing, she is funny, witty, brightens up my day, the way she talks is wonderful, her ability to get along with anybody is inspirational, and her new song Smile Smile Smile seals the deal. I love Pinkie Pie. Smile seals the deal. I love Pinkie Pie.

• Brohoof 3

Lets see, where to begin with Rainbow '20% cooler' Dash?

She's the only pony to kick a dragon, the only pony to perform a sonic rainboom twice, the winner of the IronPony contest and the owner of the single, greatest pet of all time, Tank the flying tortoise. Her movement animation is fantastic but then again all of the animation is fantastic on MLP FiM. She did a duet with Fluttershy and my heart exploded. If none of you got the reference back there, she has had one of the most well known and well written fanfic created after her, My Little Dashie.

So, in all aspects, Rainbow Dash is a fabulous, wonderful, loyal and downright awesome pony and it makes me proud to be part of her large fan base.

• Brohoof 1

Uh, it's OBVIOUSLY MR WADDLES. Seriously, just look at his glasses. hasjdhasajdhksjahgdjks

Mr. Waddles > All

Aside from that, my favorite is Daring Do. She's probably the cutest pony there is, and the episode that starred her was nothing less than adorable. I've probably watched that episode 2-3 times by now, it's definetley a fun one to watch. c:

• Brohoof 1

I'm going with Fluttershy

She handles dangerous beasts by talking (or, in the case of the bear, extreme chiropractic techniques). Her shy squeaks make me go crazy, and she's always kind to others. But let's not forget, she can be extreme at times, which to me is hilarious. Also (now don't take this the wrong way) I like her mane best. It's so free and wispy! :wub:

Twilight Sparkle's intelligence, creativity, and downright adorkableness makes her all around wonderful. She's well read, highly educated, but also still rather naive...all book no street, as it were. She's introverted, she finds it difficult to make new friends, and for a long time she wasn't even interested in speaking to other ponies. Despite that I would say she felt extremely lonely, without understanding that was what she was feeling, a loneliness that has been eased by becoming friends with the rest of the Mane Six.

Her tendency to panic when things don't go according to plan, as well as her general anxiety issues, all go together with the aforementioned facts to make her both easy to understand and easy to sympathize with for me. Often when I watch a Twilight-focused episode, I see the episode through HER eyes, because we're so similar. She's the sort of pony I'd love to be friends with, if given the chance.

• Brohoof 3

I'll start off. I love Pinkie Pie (in a non-romantic way). Her movements are mesmerizing, she is funny, witty, brightens up my day, the way she talks is wonderful, her ability to get along with anybody is inspirational, and her new song Smile Smile Smile seals the deal. I love Pinkie Pie. Smile seals the deal. I love Pinkie Pie.

Lets see, where to begin with Rainbow '20% cooler' Dash?

She's the only pony to kick a dragon, the only pony to perform a sonic rainboom twice, the winner of the IronPony contest and the owner of the single, greatest pet of all time, Tank the flying tortoise. Her movement animation is fantastic but then again all of the animation is fantastic on MLP FiM. She did a duet with Fluttershy and my heart exploded. If none of you got the reference back there, she has had one of the most well known and well written fanfic created after her, My Little Dashie.

So, in all aspects, Rainbow Dash is a fabulous, wonderful, loyal and downright awesome pony and it makes me proud to be part of her large fan base.

You two just stole my words, I love Pinkie and Dashie equally and I can't decide who have the upper hand :/

It depends on the latest episode I guess, as Pinkie is my favorite for the moment xD

Twilight Sparkle's intelligence, creativity, and downright adorkableness makes her all around wonderful. She's well read, highly educated, but also still rather naive...all book no street, as it were. She's introverted, she finds it difficult to make new friends, and for a long time she wasn't even interested in speaking to other ponies. Despite that I would say she felt extremely lonely, without understanding that was what she was feeling, a loneliness that has been eased by becoming friends with the rest of the Mane Six.

Her tendency to panic when things don't go according to plan, as well as her general anxiety issues, all go together with the aforementioned facts to make her both easy to understand and easy to sympathize with for me. Often when I watch a Twilight-focused episode, I see the episode through HER eyes, because we're so similar. She's the sort of pony I'd love to be friends with, if given the chance.

Knowing you to some extent, you'd probably want to marry her if you knew her long enough. :P

Knowing you to some extent, you'd probably want to marry her if you knew her long enough. :P

I wouldn't quite say that, primarily because she is a fictional character. Still, if I met someone like her in real life, whom I was friends with, I suppose there could always be a chance of something like that.

Pinkie Pie Ftw :)

Idk she's just always been my favourite pony since i started watching it, shes just so happy and delightful that i cant help but feel happy :D

Edited by Comet_Dust
  • Brohoof 2

Kyronea and McCourty effectively said everything that I could probably say about Pinkie and Twilight. I really think both ponies are wonderful.

That is not to imply I don't like the other ponies. In this case, since Pinkie and Twilight have already been well covered from my perspective, I also really like Rainbow Dash. Fallible braggarts with sensitive egos intrigue me a great deal. It would be easy, though no less meaningful, to highlight Dash's exuberance, athleticism, and daredevil nature. I prefer to concentrate on the fact that she hides behind these attributes to protect her own insecurities. She easily could have been reduced to the archetypal or even stereotypical tomboy member of the Mane 6. Instead, Dash remains fresh because she is just as capable of producing a sonic rainboom as she is crashing into the ground in a jumbled heap. Because she never falls prey to either extreme, there is always something new to discover about her (e.g., "Read It and Weep").

Dash is rather ostentatious; and sometimes I believe fans sell her short, either positively or negatively, because of this aspect of her character. It's undoubtedly a major and intrinsic part of Rainbow Dash, yet it shouldn't be where the character narrative ends. MLP: FiM almost always seems to strive to keep Dash honest while providing her opportunities to soar to greater heights---both figuratively and literally.

• Brohoof 2

I usually keep jumping my favorite between Rainbow Dash, Twilight, and Applejack, but I finally decided that Twilight is my favorite. One thing is being voiced by Tara Strong, which I know as Timmy Turner from the Fairly Odd Parents. (I thought I also saw her name in Family Guy somewhere I think...) I also like her design and personality for some reason, it just appeals to me. She seems natural and usually the leader for problems the Mane 6 encounter.

Edited by TwilightRubix

Rarity is best pony.

I used to really love Rainbow Dash but the more I got into the show I realized how much I liked Rarity and how much I could relate to her character. She's freaking hilarious and she gets a surprising amount of screentime which is always good XD Rainbow Dash is really cool and all but her character isn't as rounded and developed as Rarity. That's just my opinion.

• 1 month later...

Pinkie Pie. She's the absolute greatest, bar none (and this coming from somebrony who is almost the exact opposite of her in every way).

And she is not a psycho. Or a monster. Her song Smile, Smile, Smile describes her exactly: she lives to make everypony happy. That's all there is to it. No sinister motives or secrets whatsoever. And definitely no "Cupcakes."

I've never really had any friends. It's nice to know there's a pony who (if she were real) would really want me to be her friend. And I would be honored to be just that.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, mah sig just tells you already who it is.

Applejack is just awesome in a cute Southern bunch. This decision may be biased just because I was born and raised in Florida and I still live the South, but still, I love her :wub: . I like how she's not too girly, which is the reason why Fluttershy and Rarity are at the bottom of my list, but I also like how good she can make herself look. Those freckles (Which I ironically have on one of my cheeks ^_^ ), that blonde mane, those green eyes (I have green eyes too :huh: ) , the way her mane looks in general, and lets not forget that Southern accent. Holy hay, that voice is golden. She is also hardworking, very honest (durr), shares the same stubborn side I have (We have so much in common, I think I have a valid reason to love her so much), and also sells mah favorite fruit (Automatic win). I want my future girlfriend/wife to be just like her, 'cause trust me, NO one at my school is like her. Most of them annoy with with their girlyness and annoyingly stupid questions. I remember one girl asking mah social studies teacher "Can you outrun a nuke?". I swear.... -_- ...take me to Equestria. PLZ :( !!

• Brohoof 2

Applejack is my favorite pony. She's hardworking, trustworthy, and can handle herself in pretty much any situation.

Applejack is ideal pony, yes.

Rainbow Dash is 20%the cooler than the rest. 'Nuff said. But in a all seriousness, Rainbow Dash is the most like me so why wub her. The rest are all tied for second honestly because they all have their own appeals and disappeals(?)

I LOVE RAINBOW DASH CUZ SHES SO HAWT!!1

To be honest, I don't know why I like Rainbow Dash so much, I mean I'm most like fluttershy, and I hate athletics, so you'd think I wouldn't like RD, but for some reason, something about her...... IS FREAKING SUH-WEET

• Brohoof 1

Rarity is my favorite pony. I know everyone doesn't like her, but she really is a great character. Even though she does like everything to be perfect and can be a drama queen at time, these are only went she know that doing those things won't really hurt anything. When things get to the point where she needs to act up and put those needs beside her she can, and has on many occasions (e.g. covering herself in mud to win back Sweetie Belle, not even complaining about her hair while trying to cure the Poison Joak incident, letting herself get disheveld while making dresses for her friends, etc.). She does things she enjoys and avoids things she doesn't, but doesn't let them get in the way of what's really important. This is a quality that I really love and respect. It also makes for very interesting senarios when the writers start pushing what the line in between when she should do the right thing and when she should do what she wants to do.

She's the only character who is artistic. While her episodes mostly focus on the dressmaking, you see her doing many artistic things throughout the series. In 'Look Before you Sleep' she's making little ponies out of the trees for fun (which I find really cute btw). In 'It's about time' in the background you can see her picking leaves out of Applejacks mane. I doubt that Applejack would really care, but Rarity thinks it's a nice thing to do. When putting together the Mare-Do-Well costume she had fun in making it and made a really cool looking outfit. She cares about things looking nice and having everything be as nice as it can be. I'm very much like this and it makes me smile whenever I see that brought up.

Her voice acting is amazing, definitly my favorite of the mane six. All the little noises she makes are hilarious and I love how raspy and unsofisticated her voice gets when she's overexcited or angry. He design is wonderful aswell (why are white ponies so cute?), her hair is the most awesome of any of them.

So yeah, Rarity is my favorite and there's why. I dunno why so many people hate her :(

• Brohoof 1