Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you a creative person?

Radost

I would consider myself a creative person, i have all these great idea's, and i try to express it in art and listening to music. I wish i could get more of the stuff out of my head on paper. I know allot of interesting people, and personality's can play characters in my head, sometimes its really fun, especially in my dreams. I usually don't write it down, although sometimes i do, its hard to remember dreams, so when i get up i always write it down on my phone. I can just daydream for hours sometimes, constantly entertained by my thoughts.

So, i know the brony community is very creative, but how creative are you?

• Brohoof 3

I have a passion for writing fictional stories so I believe I have a pretty good sense of creativity. My only problems when it comes to that, facing the dreaded writer's block and introductions. It's very difficult for me to make a good introduction into a story but eventually I guess I can pull it off. ^_^

I'm working on three different stories. Ones a short romance, then another one's a fan fiction, and finally I'm working a sci fi/adventure novella. It'll take ages to get them all finished but I hope for all the time and creativity that I would spend on them be worth it! :)

• Brohoof 3

I consider myself creative but not in way of drawing misic or anything like that, my creativity comes from my ideas, as part of my job i have to deal with troubleshooting problems not everything comes with a instructoon manuel abd you gitta fund the problem abd fix it, and i also have good idea's that might be worth writing but i cannot build a story. And i also rewrite song not roo creative but funny and bad at the same time

• Brohoof 1

I'm a good writer when I get an idea. I also get creative when making my sigs. Normally as soon as the person requesting the sig gives me a basic description of what they want, or just what pony they want in it, I practically already envision the sig in my mind. Same goes with writing. If I get just a basic idea I already have the ending in mind. But actually putting it into words is the tough part, and adding in all the details.

• Brohoof 2

I can be creative at times. One example is this massive story I'm working on. It has nothing to do with MLP. I have been working on it for years, throwing out ideas and thinking of new ones. One day, I intend to write the final draft and it will be marvelous! Other than that, I can be quite imaginative, coming up with unique and creative ideas for stories in an instant. I like thinking outside the box. That's how I acquire most of my creativity.

• Brohoof 2

I'm a good writer when I get an idea. I also get creative when making my sigs. Normally as soon as the person requesting the sig gives me a basic description of what they want, or just what pony they want in it, I practically already envision the sig in my mind. Same goes with writing. If I get just a basic idea I already have the ending in mind. But actually putting it into words is the tough part, and adding in all the details.

I make signatures myself, i know how you feel dealing with people, almost everyone comes to me with a basic idea, or just says like theme it this or surprise me. Even when i get a detailed description, i usually put my own twist on it, and people seem to really like that.

I used to be pretty creative at drawing, but somewhere along the way that part of me shrived and died. I can still draw pretty well, just I have no inspiration to draw anything of my own creation. About all I can do is duplicate the works of others really, kind of sad. It's like I'm a chameleon I guess. I had a break through a couple months ago, but that quickly plugged itself back up.

Then again I am pretty bad at doing just about anything of my own design, I have noticed. Creative writing, poetry, you name it. My head is full of ideas too, which is painful that I can't execute any of them well. I think I'm afraid of failure honestly, so I stop myself before I can even begin. 

• Brohoof 3

I make signatures myself, i know how you feel dealing with people, almost everyone comes to me with a basic idea, or just says like theme it this or surprise me. Even when i get a detailed description, i usually put my own twist on it, and people seem to really like that.

Yeah mostly I just get a character they want in it and they just tell me to surprise them.

Now that I'm learning more Photoshop skills I'm gonna make sure to make them better. Filled with even more surprises ;)

Yeah mostly I just get a character they want in it and they just tell me to surprise them.

Now that I'm learning more Photoshop skills I'm gonna make sure to make them better. Filled with even more surprises ;)

One thing i noticed about doing signatures, you learn allot quickly, and the more you learn the quicker it becomes to make them. Also don't use good to find pony images, use deviantart.

I can Play Guitar, Bass and can sing relatively well. Im no American Idol but you can hear me sing without blowing your brains out. I write my own song's and I am saving up money for a camera so i can upload them on my youtube Channel "Stoney Pony". Most Likely it will be me playing Guitar/bass and my buddy singing because his voice is awesome, and way better then mine. My Brony Homie on drums Because he is a great drummer. And my more technical friend helping out with uploading and editing because i have no idea how to do either. There not MLP song's there my own personal songs mostly talking about every thing from Love and Depression to Death and Murder. i mostly write about extremely dark things. My inspirations are The smashing pumpkins, Pink Floyd, Radiohead,Led Zeppelin, death cab for Cutie,The frammes, Pixies, Nirvana, Violent femmes, The used, The strokes, Bloc Party. Pearl Jam, Alice in chains, soundgarden, Aerosmith, The beatles, Black Sabbath, The cure, Jimi Hendrix experience, Local H, Tool, Rush, Sparklehorse and Deftones which is my favorite band. If you have never heard of them check em out it's like ear candy.

• Brohoof 1

One thing i noticed about doing signatures, you learn allot quickly, and the more you learn the quicker it becomes to make them. Also don't use good to find pony images, use deviantart.

Thanks for the tip ;) I'll keep that in mind. :) Yeah it becomes quicker to make them after I know how to do everything. I like downloading special fonts for certain sigs too because I just think they need a little extra something. Turns out the font goes great with the outcome! :)

I like to view myself as a creative person. I mean I like to draw and write. Considering the fact that each day I'm sketching and/or writing a story that I will probably never finish writing.

• Brohoof 2

I like to view myself as a creative person. I mean I like to draw and write. Considering the fact that each day I'm sketching and/or writing a story that I will probably never finish writing.

same with me, i try to write but im really bad and they never get finished. its like i have good idea's for stories but i can never find the write words to convey it.

• Brohoof 3

The only thing I'm in some way creative at is writing. I usually don't come up with any "new" or great ideas, maybe because I'm not very imaginative, but I have pretty decent writing skills in general. That's at least what everyone I've ever shown one of my shortstories or poems told me. And maybe it's my average imagination that helps me. I can't come up with any exaggerated scenarios or ideas. I keep it simple, logical, comprehensible.

Aside from that I'm more of the "using" and not the "creating" person. I usually don't put much effort into making something on my own.

• Brohoof 1

Most of my creativity is in writing, like many here. Mostly scifi, some of which came directly from dreams. Putting it into words isn't easy but its an ongoing effort. I also have several ideas for inventions. Tools, weapons & oddball things that can make an everyday task more efficient. Even a few clothing designs for the everyday vigilante. I used to draw quite often and make my own comics for fun but am severely out of practice now. Drawing comes in handy when designing but I lack the mechanical skills to implement prototypes. Sometimes the creative process is fun in itself.

• Brohoof 1

Look, the other day, when my family went to the grocery store, we saw some thinly sliced pickles for hamburgers.

And my first thought was "Dang, I could eat those like potato chips!"

What does this have to do with anything? Well, I consider myself rather inventive. I get ideas a lot. Lots and lots of ideas. I speculate a lot, too. I'm a pragmatic sort, but being pragmatic requires a certain sort of creativity. Being creative is fun.

Edited by Stellafera
  • Brohoof 1

I think I can coniser myself creative because I can...

• tell the shapes of clouds.
  • draw anime-like characters.
  • I make up creative ideas in my head.
  • I used to do creative writing.

I always think my creativeness has something to do with my autism disorder.

I'd consider myself a creative person, I always have ideas that I want to draw out on paper, sometimes it just doesn't come out the way I want to, but that's not the point here. So yes, I do feel I am creative.

I think everybody is in one way or another.

I consider myself to be creative, but it's sometimes a bit difficult for me to display it using words and pictures. Where it really shows is when it comes to problem solving and using everyday objects found around my immediate area to temporarily fix a permament issue. (ex: using a half broken chopstick from my backpack as a makeshift finger splint)

I am a very creative writer but as a whole I would say I'm not that creative. With writing I can get ideas for stories really easily and then be able to put them down on paper with no trouble at all. But with other things like drawing, I'm not creative at all.

• Brohoof 1

Thanks for the tip ;) I'll keep that in mind. :) Yeah it becomes quicker to make them after I know how to do everything. I like downloading special fonts for certain sigs too because I just think they need a little extra something. Turns out the font goes great with the outcome! :)

yeah founts can make or break a signature, a like to use dafount, they always have really good founts :) do you have a deviantart?

same with me, i try to write but im really bad and they never get finished. its like i have good idea's for stories but i can never find the write words to convey it.

Thats exactly what I feel when I write a story. I created the characters and planned the plot. Just when I'm writing, half way I just lose the ability to form a good paragraph. The minute that feeling comes I just leave the story alone and tell myself I will comeback to finish it. (A lie!)

If only creavitity can power my ability to finish a story. It just runs out of juice halfway there...

I guess I'm creative, but I haven't really showed much of it in the flesh. I have much more ideas that are stuck on limbo than ones which have actually come to fruition.