Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What trading card game(s) do you play?

DeletedAcc

Trading Card Game(s)  

21 users have voted

1. 1. What trading card game(s) do you play?

• Magic: The Gathering
    • Yu-Gi-Oh
    • Pokemon TCG
    • Other (Explain down below)
    • None

Well recently I've been looking into some trading card games to play. I started with Pokemon but I felt like the game was too much luck, too easy, and was a pay to win game. Now I've been looking at Yu-Gi-Oh and Magic, but still deciding which one I like better. See, Yu-Gi-Oh offers unlimited matches (besides the small list of banned cards) but Magic takes more skill and offers a more mature strategic community. By the way, I hate when TCGs have a modified play style and they ban every card except the new ones. So anyway, what trading card game(s) do you play?  :P

Edit: Spelling

Edited by McSaltShaker
  • Brohoof 2

Just a few of the ones I play:

• Magic
  • Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • Pokemon TCG
  • Duel Masters
  • Naruto (yes they have a Naruto card game)
  • Spongebob Squarepants (yep, this had a TCG as well...)

I probably have more random obscure card games, but none that I can remember at the moment. I love to play them, but I have nobody to play with...My brothers refuse to because I always win T^T

If you ever want to talk strategy with them, I am open to it. (Sorry, no new sets or anything. I am all old school.)

Edited by Chigens and Kay
Added words, yo.
  • Brohoof 2

About 15 years ago I played magic.. but only ever had one other person i knew that also played... So when he moved, the games ended...

My cousin was tutoring me on the new versions and such a few weeks ago though.... wow have they simplified the game or what!....

I suppose I will go with Pokemon TCG. I have always loved Pokemon, so I enjoy playing the video games, playing the card games, or even watching the anime.

I used to play Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh trading cards when I was in elementary. I didn't understand how either of these games worked, but I loved them dearly. There was a time when I had collected so many of each. I had tons of Yu-Gi-Oh cards. More than my Pokemon cards in fact. After I went to Middle School, I just gave them all away to my brothers.

• Brohoof 1

I probably have more random obscure card games, but none that I can remember at the moment. I love to play them, but I have nobody to play with...My brothers refuse to because I always win T^T

If you ever want to talk strategy with them, I am open to it. (Sorry, no new sets or anything. I am all old school.)

I have the same problem lol I always have no one to play with, Pokemon especially. I mean I could play online and stuff but it's not the same as playing in real life. And there's no card/comic shops around me where nerds can gather up and play :/

I used to play Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh trading cards when I was in elementary. I didn't understand how either of these games worked, but I loved them dearly. There was a time when I had collected so many of each. I had tons of Yu-Gi-Oh cards. More than my Pokemon cards in fact. After I went to Middle School, I just gave them all away to my brothers.

Same, as a youngster I was a Yu-Gi-Oh guy. I sold mine eventually though, no longer have them.

I don't really actively play any trading card game, but I do have a keen interest in Magic the Gathering. I still have my sliver deck just in case I ever want to play the game frequently again. It gave my opponents back in the day quite a few headaches with each of my slivers giving all of the slivers I play a special effect. I just love how they play, stacking their effects can get a lot of fun (well, for me :P)

I also used to play yugioh back in the day before I got into magic. I used to run a dragon deck that relied on discarding high level dragons from my hand to special summon them from my discard pile and deal massive damage with spirit ryu equiped with fairy meteor crush.

Edited by Celtore

post-6560-0-29255900-1372667101_thumb.jpg

*draws hypothetical card*

I summon Rarity in attack mode, place two cards face down, skip to battle phase, skip to main phase 2, end my turn.

• Brohoof 1

I don't really actively play any trading card game, but I do have a keen interest in Magic the Gathering. I still have my sliver deck just in case I ever want to play it frequently again. It gave my opponents back in the day quite a few headaches, what with all my creatures giving each other awesome abilities. :P

Oh god... From what I've heard, slivers are really annoying (Luckily I've never had to face any of them... Yet)

Well, off to find a way around those... THINGS!

• Brohoof 1

I play Yu-Gi-Oh! sometimes. That's the only card game I'm into, since card games are expensive, and I don't want to spend money on more than one card game. It's a pretty fun game to play, but I haven't been into it at all lately. I thought I was going to hit up my local card shop a bunch of times this summer, but I only ended up going there like 3 or 4 times.

Oh god... From what I've heard, slivers are really annoying (Luckily I've never had to face any of them... Yet)

Well, off to find a way around those... THINGS!

Oh and it got worse when they returned them in another expansion. Now, slivers can be used for mana with gemhide sliver. Mix that with the sliver queen that can generate sliver tokens for two mana and you can get an entire army under your control unbelievably fast if the opponent can't do anything to stop you.

Oh, and I just found an artifact that can reduce creature activated abilities by 1 mana to activate. So yeah... wow... I think I have a new card to go look for. On another note, sorry for geeking out a bit. It's just been such a long time since I've played this game, haha...

Edited by Celtore

I play Yu-Gi-Oh! sometimes. That's the only card game I'm into, since card games are expensive, and I don't want to spend money on more than one card game. It's a pretty fun game to play, but I haven't been into it at all lately. I thought I was going to hit up my local card shop a bunch of times this summer, but I only ended up going there like 3 or 4 times.

You're lucky you even have a card shop near you :/ I got nothing. Which is why i usually just resort to online TCGing because I have no friends to play with lol

Oh and it got worse when they returned them in another expansion. Now, slivers can be used for mana with gemhide sliver. Mix that with the sliver queen that can generate sliver tokens for two mana and you can get an entire army under your control unbelievably fast if the opponent can't do anything to stop you.

Oh, and I just found an artifact that can reduce creature activated abilities by 1 mana to activate. So yeah... wow... I think I have a new card to go look for.

Wait what? Oh dear Celestia... I am really afraid of your deck now... Don't hurt me... I didn't do anything to you yet...

But that's why I have an Izzet deck! (That won't help will it?)

• Brohoof 1

You're lucky you even have a card shop near you :/ I got nothing. Which is why i usually just resort to online TCGing because I have no friends to play with lol

Yeah, it's nice having a card shop not too far away. Sorry to hear that you can't find any other players around you :( I actually never play card games online. It just turns me off, since I like the real life interaction when you play card games in person.

Yeah, it's nice having a card shop not too far away. Sorry to hear that you can't find any other players around you :( I actually never play card games online. It just turns me off, since I like the real life interaction when you play card games in person.

I also enjoy the real life interaction. I remember the days back in elementary school where we brought out decks and attempted to play Yu-Gi-Oh on the park benches during recess (Of course none of us knew how to actually play).

• Brohoof 1

I also enjoy the real life interaction. I remember the days back in elementary school where we brought out decks and attempted to play Yu-Gi-Oh on the park benches during recess (Of course none of us knew how to actually play).

Ah, I did that as well. It was really nice just to mess around with the game and stuff. When you play now, it feels like a completely different game. I like the game better now, but the game was pretty fun in the past too.

• Brohoof 1

Ah, I did that as well. It was really nice just to mess around with the game and stuff. When you play now, it feels like a completely different game. I like the game better now, but the game was pretty fun in the past too.

Yup lol ignorance is bliss. The game is so much more complicated now. I look up deck builds online to play, and some of these cards have like a paragraph description. You really have to know your deck before you can play it well :/

Yup lol ignorance is bliss. The game is so much more complicated now. I look up deck builds online to play, and some of these cards have like a paragraph description. You really have to know your deck before you can play it well :/

Indeed. There are all these little rulings now, and some of them can be really confusing. Ultimately, I think it's better that the game has become more complicated. I've faced some really impressive duelists, and you have to play smart and be really strategic in order to win. Back in the day, we all pretty much made random ass plays haha. It was just fun to mess around, and the game was far less complicated.

• Brohoof 1

If i ever get a chance to find my zombie or insect decks, i play yugioh. other than that, magic the gathering. i use mountains. (red)

Wait, you play mono red? Is it like a burn deck or something? I don't really like mono-colored decks unless there's some sort of theme to it...

@, yes. pure burn. i love every bit of it. i might make it a mountain/swamp deck once i get some swamp burn cards to go with the mountains. 

Interesting... If you want to add another color, I would suggest adding blue... Izzet has a lot of burn spells, and cards that will make your burn more effective.

Like Turn and Burn, it's a surefire kill (No pun intended) if you cast both halves at the same time, and there's Goblin Electromancer to make your instants/sorceries cost 1 less mana.

Sorry if I'm being a massive geek here, I just like being helpful

@, oh, i'm fine geeking out. but i'm kinda just starting. havent been playing for more than a year. i like starting simple and currently, all i really want are swamps and/or a planeswalker that has burn effect.