mega thread Why did you choose your avatar/profile pic?

~Rule 63~ Lyeco

A drawing I made, featuring a popular BG pony and one of my favorite minor ponies. Also kind of a voice actor joke, as both are voiced by Peter New.

"Why should the Bill of Rights be in the official time capsule, but this painting of my dog is in time capsule 7?"

-Parks and Recreation, Time Capsule

-----
Visit my deviantART HERETwitter HERE.  My comic-ish strip HERE  ASK ME STUFF HERE

• 2 weeks later...

Because I love 1D so I decided to put one of their pictures from their Four Photoshoot since I have it in my folder. AND I LOVE THIS SHOT! LOUIS AND THE BALL, NIALL AND HIS GUITAR, HARRY IN HIS FEDORA, IT IS EXCELLENT!

Comic Sans Is Awesomer Than You Think

Bersama Kita Berjuang, Bersama Kita Tentukan Masa Hadapan, Kita Masih Di Sini

1604092588_MelasianSignature.jpg.7ca20b2cab388acb633225062572aad0.jpg.59d40d31e18056d01526730d3f1141ed.jpg

I was already missing before the night I left, Me and my shadow and my regrets, Who am I? Invisible

𝓚𝓮𝓮𝓹 𝓕𝓵𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓤𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓵, 𝓨𝓸𝓾 𝓐𝓻𝓮 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓚𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓗𝓲𝓵𝓵, 𝓔𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂𝓭𝓪𝔂 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓨𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓗𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓻𝔂

Because I'm a history nerd and Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck is a very interesting historical figure.

5Vx296n.png

Because it's Alice, my new #1 favourite Touhou character. I kinda just picked this one at random, but then I quickly realised how much I liked it, so I kept it.

fptQtUm.jpg

84jdcweaze4.png
3rd Eye | To suffer hate in search of love, or lose them both forever? 🎔 ~

Because I'm a history nerd and Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck is a very interesting historical figure.

I just checked him out, and wow, that looks really interesting.

I'd never heard of him before.  is there a book or resource about him that you find acurate and compelling?

---

I'd just been using "weesh", the titular character of my favorite webcomic, but then some friends made a pony version of it.  from there, my sister commissioned an artist to make a picture of the two of us together so that she could print it on a blanket.  my avi crops her out of it in appreciation for her generosity.  

well mostly...see that blue streak on the right side?  That's her hair.

Send me pictures of ponies in hoodies

I just checked him out, and wow, that looks really interesting.

I'd never heard of him before.  is there a book or resource about him that you find accurate and compelling?

There are quite a few good books; Meine Erinnerungen aus Ostafrika, or "My reminiscences of East Africa", which he wrote himself, "Guerilla: Colonel von Lettow-Vorbeck and Germany's East African Empire", and "The Lion of Africa: The Untold Story of General Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck and the Creation of Modern Africa" - unfortunately, it's hard to get copies of books on him as a lot are out of print or cheap scanned copies.

Edited by Guest

There are quite a few good books; Meine Erinnerungen aus Ostafrika, or "My reminiscences of East Africa", which he wrote himself, "Guerilla: Colonel von Lettow-Vorbeck and Germany's East African Empire", and "The Lion of Africa: The Untold Story of General Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck and the Creation of Modern Africa" - unfortunately, it's hard to get copies of books on him as a lot are out of print or cheap scanned copies.

neat!  i added "my reminiscences" to my wish list to remind myself later.

very interesting that these books have great ratings, but extremely few  of them.

seem like a well kept secret!

how did you hear about him?

Send me pictures of ponies in hoodies

I made my current avatar because I wanted to use a character from a comic I used to draw called Luckcraft. The character Conscience was a good base because he's literally a horse. All I had to do was make him more Pony-like and you have my avatar. I still wear him to this day. I should probably digitalize him though. People keep commenting that he's a piece of paper.

After donating in order to access the increased avatar size (purely selfish reasons), I digitally drew and animated this avatar based on Angelbabe:

post-26550-0-00479000-1461201279.gif

I wanted the avatar I'm going to have for a good long while to be something representative of my partner; something special.

zbVhNRD.gif
"It uses the faculty of what you call imagination. But that does not mean making things up. It is a form of seeing." - from "The Amber Spyglass"

Well I've been playing a lot of Fallout recently, so I thought sure, why not.

If I had to choose between saving myself and saving others,

I would save both.   :comeatus: 

neat!  i added "my reminiscences" to my wish list to remind myself later.

very interesting that these books have great ratings, but extremely few  of them.

seem like a well kept secret!

how did you hear about him?

Actually, the very first time I heard about him was when I was a kid watching The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, where he appears in an episode. ^_^

https://mlpforums.com/uploads/profile/photo-thumb-11028.png?_r=1454206994

That's Silver Star Apple, my OC.

He's cool.

I like him.

• Brohoof 1

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was akin to a slow death. If I must live as I did before then... -Lelouch, Code Geass - My NEW DeviantART: http://SilverStarApple.deviantart.com/Want to make money for being an AWESOME PONY? https://www.tsu.co/Epsilon725

My fanfic, starring Silver Star Apple: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/224996/the-shining-silver-star-of-the-apple-family

My avatar, like my previous one, follows a very simple addition equation.

post-35320-0-68546800-1461443079_thumb.png

(Showing off my pro PowerPoint screenshot skills :P)

Unlike regular addition, this isn't commutative though; switching the addends will result in my previous avatar (Doc Whooves wearing Mr. Evergreen's clothes). :P

And that, my friends, is avatar math.

Edited by PGNatsu

"Why should the Bill of Rights be in the official time capsule, but this painting of my dog is in time capsule 7?"

-Parks and Recreation, Time Capsule

-----
Visit my deviantART HERETwitter HERE.  My comic-ish strip HERE  ASK ME STUFF HERE

post-37231-0-30781900-1461475159.pngSomehow I'm obsessed with evil alicorns... I decided to draw 'Peril' on a base to see how she'd turn out and I was happy with the result.
  • Brohoof 1

img-37231-1-img-37231-1-img-37231-1-img-

'Make me your Queen'

Sig by Wheatley