Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Unpopular Cartoon Related Opinions

Moved to Elsewhere

So I've seen a few of these unpopular opinion threads and I was wondering what are some of your unpoular opinions with cartoons. Here are some of mine

I don't think Adventure Time is as great as everyone says it is

I find some Hanna Babera cartoons to feel the same (involving a group of teenagers going on adventures with a talking animal or object)

Not every cartoon made in the 90s was good

I think Teen Titans go wouldn't of gotten as much hate if they used their own character (I even think the should have used their of characters).

So discuss away.

• Brohoof 2

• I lost interest in Adventure time after season 3. (Flame Princess......)

Craig McKraken leaving cartoon network was a horrible day.

Most Nickelodeon cartoons for me didn't hold up well for me as of now.

CN Real was the worst time in cartoon network history.

The incredible crew is the worst comedy live action ever.

Everything on Disney channel besides gravity falls and wander over yonder sucks.

Dreamwork spin off cartoons are pointless.

The Phineas and Ferb Marvel special was the most pointless special in the history of specials....

• Brohoof 4

• I lost interest in Adventure time after season 3. (Flame Princess......)
  • Craig McKraken leaving cartoon network was a horrible day.
  • Most Nickelodeon cartoons for me didn't hold up well for me as of now.
  • CN Real was the worst time in cartoon network history.
  • The incredible crew is the worst comedy live action ever.
  • Everything on Disney channel besides gravity falls and wander over yonder sucks.
  • Dreamwork spin off cartoons are pointless.
  • The Phineas and Ferb Marvel special was the most pointless special in the history of specials....

I agree with most of these. Haven't seen Mission Marvel (honestly got bored of Phineas and Ferb) I'm just wondering what are examples of nicktoons that didn't hold up well (just curious).

I agree with most of these. Haven't seen Mission Marvel (honestly got bored of Phineas and Ferb) I'm just wondering what are examples of nicktoons that didn't hold up well (just curious).

Well, for starters...

• Rugrats is ok, but the best to run for many seasons and more? It's just babies, and that can only get fun for so long....
  • Hey Arnold is not too bad, but parts have aged.
  • Cat dog lost my interest looking back at it.
  • Most live action nick shows were pretty bland looking back at them, except for kind of the Amanda Show.
  • Ahhh! Real Monsters is pretty meh looking at it again.
  • Doug is just really plain with it's dialogue and actions.
  • The Wild thornberry's is ok, but not by a lot.
  • Rocket power is the one that holds up the most, but not as much as I remember. 
Edited by DXSilverX
  • Brohoof 3

never cared for the 90's Cartoon Network

Never cared for Kim Possible

Cartoons didn't pick up until 2000's

Megas XLR is still the greatest cartoon in the history of man

Catscratch was the last good Nicktoon until Legend of Korra

Most 90's Nicktoons don't hold up very well

I liked the Rugrats even with Kimi and Dil

King of the Hill was one of Fox's best cartoons

As Told By Ginger was a generic piece of crap animated teen drama that might as well been live action

Wild Thornberry's was one of Klasky's best cartoons, on par with Classic Rugrats

American Dad is leagues better than Family Guy

Littlest Pet Shop is decent

TUFF Puppy was a good cartoon, even though it was the weaker of Butch Hartman's cartoons

Daria was an excellent spin-off, and arguably better than Beavis and Butthead(even though I liked that one too)

While not very good anymore, I still find the Simpsons at least watchable

Anime does count as cartoons

Most 80's and 90's anime are better than new anime

I prefer dubs to subs

Recess was Disney's only good cartoon until Gravity Falls and Motorcity

Total Drama sucks

Wolverine and the X-Men>X-men Evolution

Spectacular Spiderman was the best Spiderman cartoon

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes was the best Superhero cartoon

Jimmy Neutron is the only good 3D cartoon

and that's all I got

Well, for starters...

• Rugrats is ok, but the best to run for many seasons and more? It's just babies, and that can only get fun for so long....
  • Hey Arnold is not too bad, but parts have aged.
  • Cat dog lost my interest looking back at it.
  • Most live action nick shows were pretty bland looking back at them, except for kind of the Amanda Show.
  • Ahhh! Real Monsters is pretty meh looking at it again.
  • Doug is just really plain with it's dialogue and actions.
  • The Wild thornberry's is ok, but not by a lot.
  • Rocket power is the one that holds up the most, but not as much as I remember. 

I actually think RP holds up the worst, mostly due to the outdated 90's skater lingo

Edited by Megas75

I'll base all my information here on Cartoons before 2010 (2010 is when I stopped watching television all together and began the wonderful world of Netflix and Youtube)

I guess I can also create extremely biased examinations on shows I have not seen but have heard things about them.

Alright, let's get started.

-Fairly Odd Parents just flat out sucked after they had that huge deal about having the baby.

-The newer episodes of Spongebob are just really stupid.

-Spongebob quotes are funnier now that they were when I first saw the episode.

-CatDog was hands down the best cartoon on Nickelodeon.

-I'm not sure why people hated Camp Lazlo.

-Disney should not have a television channel for many reasons (Such as making shows out of movies)

-Baby Looney Tunes wasn't all that bad.

-My Life As A Teenage Robot should have ran longer.

-I know this doesn't pertain to cartoons, but all those failure of sitcoms on Nickelodeon should just go away n' stuff.

• Brohoof 3

I thought of a few more

I don't find Family Guy that funny

I don't think the new Simpsons are as bad as people say they are they just aren't as funny

nicktoons I don't like that much: Doug, Wiild Thornberrys, Rocket Power, Catdog

I never found Flapjack all that funny

I actually think Chowder has some decent humor

Cartoon Cartoons>Nicktoons

• Brohoof 2

• The Simpsons are still freaking hilarious

Chowder was one of the best shows ever on Cartoon Network

Family Guy Sucks

American Dad is the best Seth McFarlane cartoon

Everything on Cartoon Network Sucks (except Adventure Time and Regular Show)

I like Mad.

Edited by Sir.Flutter Hooves
  • Brohoof 2

• Incredible Crew is the worst show in history.

Sanjay & Craig is the most idiotic show on Nick.

Everything on Cartoon Network sucks except Adventure Time and Regular Show.

Seth McFarlene is the worst creator of shows ever.

The new Family Guy and the Simpsons suck.

• Brohoof 3

The Adventures of Gumball seriously cracks me up sometimes. It often smacks of effort, but some people involved with the show obviously care about being creative and funny, even if they don't always get it right.

• Brohoof 4

• I do not like Adventure Time at all, it's probably the most rushed show on television when it comes to story telling.

Family Guy is an awful abomination of TV show.

I think South Park is one of the most intelligent cartoons ever made.

The only good cartoon made these days is Gravity Falls (Excluding FiM).

I've never liked Mickey Mouse.

I preferred The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy when it was Grim & Evil.. Billy and Mandy just wasn't funny to me.

Edited by Broseph

• Tuff Puppy is highly disappointing to me
  • Children Sitcoms are so DUMB. Ya know, that stuff that dominated Disney Channel, now?
  • Phineas and Ferb is overrated. 
  • I think Planet Sheen is pretty dumb too.
  • I think each show except FiM, Adventure Time, and Regular Show is slowly loosing creative humor and quality

Hm... well, pretty much it. Sitcoms aren't cartoons, but It's on Disney Channel, and Disney Channel should be more cartoony. 

• Brohoof 3

Oh man, let me dig around in my head a little...

SpongeBob SquarePants : It was alright, but i lost interest in it after watching so many episodes

Fairy Odd Parents : Funny, but again, lost interest after a while.

Rocket Power : Used to like it, but then i figured out Otto is a mayor show-off.

Camp Lazlo : Stupid, i did NOT like it.

The PowerPuff Girls : Manliest cartoon on at that time, man, i miss 'em. They were amazing!

My Life as a Teenage Robot : I also really enjoyed this one, it was a nice concept/idea

CatDog : YES, YES, AND YES, this was a win!

Ben 10 : I loved how he could turn into those different species, Always tried to guess which one.

Jimmy Neutron : I watched it for the science

Johnny Test: YEEEAAAAAAHHH!

Phew, my mind is empty...

Just to let you know I'M the one who originally came up with the "unpopular music related opinions" thread.

Anyways, I like newer Family Guy and American Dad.

King of the Hill is amazing and the reason why people hate it is because they're not smart enough to understand the humor.

I prefer anime over western animation, but I think it's REALLY stupid to fight over which is better.

Hetallia is the only anime I prefer dubbed over subbed.

• Brohoof 1

The Adventures of Gumball seriously cracks me up sometimes. It often smacks of effort, but some people involved with the show obviously care about being creative and funny, even if they don't always get it right.

Yeah I always found Gumball to be a pretty underrated cartoon. I see people say it's stupid but personally whenever a joke hits most of the time I laugh. It's not a show I egarly wait to watch new episodes of but I'll watch it when I'm bored.

Whatever happened to Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi, and Code Lyoko? I admit i liked those shows more than the current cn. (Still like AT & RS tho)

• Tuff Puppy is highly disappointing to me
  • Children Sitcoms are so DUMB. Ya know, that stuff that dominated Disney Channel, now?
  • Phineas and Ferb is overrated. 
  • I think Planet Sheen is pretty dumb too.
  • I think each show except FiM, Adventure Time, and Regular Show is slowly loosing creative humor and quality

True! As for me I think Code Lyoko Evolution looks like a big fail. Disney-atized Yumi and Ulrich? NO thanks. I won't be watching. Off topic, but Angry Birds Star Wars ruined the AB franchise. Why is the black bird Obi-Wan? Where's boomerang bird and orange bird? Why is ABSW more popular than AB Space? IF they make a Star Wars spinoff of Adventure Time or MLP or even Gravity Falls  I will be so enranged!

• Brohoof 1

• My Little Pony G3.5 was superior to G4 in almost every way except character development (even though the characters in g3.5 still were more fun than G4 characters)

Megas XLR wasn't really that fun of a show.

Toonami returning to Cartoon Network was a horrible idea.

Johnny Test is probably the best cartoon to appear on television in the past ten years.

The newer Simpsons is AMAZING compared to the older ones.

Adventure Time was better in its previous state before it became a show.

Family Guy is probably the most intelligent cartoon on television.

• My Little Pony G3.5 was superior to G4 in almost every way except character development (even though the characters in g3.5 still were more fun than G4 characters)
  • Megas XLR wasn't really that fun of a show.
  • Toonami returning to Cartoon Network was a horrible idea.
  • Johnny Test is probably the best cartoon to appear on television in the past ten years.
  • The newer Simpsons is AMAZING compared to the older ones.
  • Adventure Time was better in its previous state before it became a show.
  • Family Guy is probably the most intelligent cartoon on television.

1. I loved the character diversity in talents a lot more in gen 3, because talents for the mane six are kind of vague I mean, a farm-hand talent? Okay...

Considering MLP is all about what you do best and what makes you special in your place in the world around you. But the personalities, gen 4 is ultimately beaten. Faust really tried on the personalities, which makes sense, because that matters more for friendship. So, yes, I guess I agree with you on the character development. But gen 3 did lack detail about the Equestrian world, and relatable features. So, even though I love gen 3 so, I have to say ultimately I disagree. 

2. Johnny Test is funny and ridiculous, but how could you forget shows like Danny Phantom too? That show was about some of the most original things I've come across yet. It could easily stand up to Johnny Test. Did you know characters in today's shows like Total Drama series is still basing off characters from that show? It's because those characters were so original and creative in their own way, and it really inspired modern cartoonists.  It had a wonderful mixture of humor and excitement, and something everyone could relate too. Maybe not compared to FiM, but I've certainly been through times in High School very similar to DP, and overall, that makes it a very great show.

3. Totally agree. It can be offensive, sure. But Seth can get away with it. It still baffles me how such a varied and frequent set of writers can make up all this stuff!

(Did you know that Butch Hartman the creator of Danny Phantom, Fairly Odd Parents, and T.U.F.F Puppy is pretty much best friends with Seth Macfarlane? Dr. Hartman is based off of Butch from Family Guy, and they even worked on a cartoon together in the earlier years)

Whatever happened to Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi, and Code Lyoko? I admit i liked those shows more than the current cn. (Still like AT & RS tho)

True! As for me I think Code Lyoko Evolution looks like a big fail. Disney-atized Yumi and Ulrich? NO thanks. I won't be watching. Off topic, but Angry Birds Star Wars ruined the AB franchise. Why is the black bird Obi-Wan? Where's boomerang bird and orange bird? Why is ABSW more popular than AB Space? IF they make a Star Wars spinoff of Adventure Time or MLP or even Gravity Falls  I will be so enranged!

Code Lyoko! OMG! That show! Seriously captivated me! They're making A NEW ONE? Anyways, I never watched Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi... is it really that good? I'll have to check it out.

-Adventure Time and Regular show is childish and annoying respectively

-Drake and Josh, Amanda Show, and all those other live action children shows were never as good as any cartoon.

-The Clone Wars was better than the ridiculous 5-minute "Clone Wars" minisode series

-Most 90's superhero cartoons aren't as good as people remember

-Teen Titans Go! is funny

-Gumball is a good show

-Family Guy is currently funnier than its earlier seasons as it moved away from being a Simpsons knock-off and into its own thing.

Never liked

-Rocket Power

-Hey Arnold!

-Rocko's Modern Life

-Pepper Anne

-Wild Thorneberries

-Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack

-Ginger

-Cow and Chicken

-Power Rangers (okay, not a cartoon, but still)

Edited by Dinos4Ever

• I don't think Adventure Time is that amazing.

I don't like most old cartoons and think they're overrated. 

I prefer the new Pokemon cartoon over the old; especially the Diamond and Pearl series.

I don't think "The Looney Tunes Show" is as bad as people make it out to be.

I used to like the old MLP but now I plain out despise it. Minty is adorable, though.

I think Regular Show and MLP FiM are the two best cartoons out there today.

I liked Sonic Underground and still kind of do.

• I've always really liked Camp Lazlo, and almost just as much as Rocko's Modern Life
  • Seth MacFarlane is far better at voice acting than he is at producing shows. Even when I did watch Family Guy, I enjoyed the voice acting more than the actual show (same applies for his other cartoons)
  • The Flintstones and Scooby Doo are both overrated (though not anywhere near terrible)
  • I never cared much at all for Rugrats and The Wild Thornberries
  • Chowder was also kind of lame (though it had really good animation)
  • I was never a fan of Alvin and the Chipmunks in general (though the live-action movies are far worse)

That's all I can think of right now.

Edited by CinemaBrony
  • Brohoof 2

Never had any interest in:

- The Amazing World of Gumball

- Adventure Time

- The Regular Show

- Chowder

- Pretty much anything on CN

- Pretty much anything on the Disney Chanel except for Phineas and Ferb