• Water/Ice
    • Lightning
    • Poison/Disease
    • Science/Technomancery
    • Light
    • Darkness
    • Necromancy
    • Newly Added: Void
    • Newly Added: Nature (Such as healing abilities that have to to with nature rather than holy healing powers)
    • Newly Added: Time Manipulation

Air. Absolutely. On top of the ability to fly the wind is just so agile and free-spirited. I've always had somewhat of an affinity for the wind. Just like the wind I'm rather whimsical and don't listen to anyone. I just *ahem* go with the flow. :lol:

Offensively you can do a lot of things with the air too. You can suffocate an enemy, force air into your lungs underwater, ignite/fuel a fire and go in any direction you want it to, create lightning, tornadoes and other such weather effects...

The wind is my thang. :D

Frost, or ice as it is known here. Despite disliking being cold, winter is my favorite season, and snow is my favorite weather event. Something about it is just so...calming. Peaceful, the way it slowly falls to the ground. It makes everything look so pretty, especially if it rimes up the tree branches.

Being able to control it would be fantastic. Being immune to the cold while also making it cold when you're hot would be chill. Also, for combat purposes, I can flash freeze the water in someone else's cells, making them instantly explode. If that wasn't enough, the cryo-blast would freeze them solid, and I could just kick them to shatter them.

My second school would be lightning. Simply because it is lightning, and that would be dope.

Edited by HandMan
  • Brohoof 1

I'd certainly have to go with ice powers. Because I've always loved snow, ice and the cold more than pretty much everybody else.

What is light powers? I'm so shallow I'd just love it if it gives me an aura lol

I think my favorite is the water element. I decided while watching avatar the last airbender that if I could ever bend an element, it would water. So serene and graceful when being pushed and pulled. Highly versatile, can be used in so many different ways. Dangerous if used right. Light bending sounds pretty cool too :D

Also I have to say, time and void manipulation sounds a bit too OP and potentially catastrophic to existence...

Edited by crazitaco

I went with Lightning and Air. This is mostly due to being a fan of Mahou Sensei Negima. For those who might not know it, it's a manga about a boy genius mage from Wales who has to become a teacher at a Japanese school as part of his training to become a Master Mage. Eventually he starts using a spell that can literally turn him into lightning, and that is so totally badass.

post-2257-0-76211000-1377417413_thumb.jpg

I'm sorry, but how is Science/Technomancery magic? Just... What? I mean sure, Clarke's third law and all, but really? Science is a variety of fields of study, they're concepts. Technology is the application of a variety of fields to produce practical inventions. Not sure how this applies as magic.

Regardless, Science/Technomancery first if I'm forced to comply with it being a magic, then Lightning. If it can be dropped, Lightning, and then Fire. Both are amazingly beautiful destructive forces, with practical purposes.

I think my favorite is the water element. I decided while watching avatar the last airbender that if I could ever bend an element, it would water. So serene and graceful when being pushed and pulled. Highly versatile, can be used in so many different ways.

^This. waterbending is definitely the most versatile: water jet = firebending, flowing = airbending, and ice = earthbending.

I choose water too. I love the ocean and marine life, it's my favourite environnement. I also like winter and cold temperatures.

Definitely time manipulation. Being able to bend time is ridiculously useful in pretty much every situation. No matter how powerful your opponent or how insurmountable the obstacle before you seems to be, you literally have all the time in the world to prepare for it. Who cares if it's forbidden (ok I do care a bit... maybe I can settle for a not forbidden precognition. Pretty please). 

Of the classical elements, I would go with water. It's an element of many forms and widely available. On one hand, it is the nutrient of life, on the other hand, torrential rains and tsunamis can cause great amounts of destruction.

Edited by Mutemutt

I'd learn the element of Darkness first.

During my study, i'd learn how to manipulate the shadows. Using it to engulf my body to allow me to fast travel between shadows. after i mastered that skill, I'd then study who to use it defensively, using the shadow to engulf my target, robbing them of vision and allowing me to land a direct hit on them. After learning that, i'd learn how to solidify shadows and use them as weapons. I'd use them as tendrils that shoot up out of the ground, or use it to form a melee weapon.

For my second discipline, I'd choose void. When I first study this discipline. I'd learn how to create my own dimension, combined with my darkness. The dimension is basic a giant box of darkness. After i learn how to make my dimension. I'll learn how to lock think within the dimension, sort of like a prison. After that. I'd learn how to open my dimension to release what ever is in there, it may come in handy.

that is what i would do

Definitely and undeniably water. I'm not a big fan of artificial elements, prefer the primal ones.

I've spent some time carefully choosing my element.

Fire: Although it would fit my persona, I nearly always associate it with destruction. Spent a long of time wondering what can fire create, and wasn't able to come up with anything sensible on my own. Thus my rejection.

Earth: Great potential, incredible importance, although just... plain boring. Calm and stoic, unlike myself. I just couldn't even attempt associating myself with it.

Air: This one was a tough. Quick and always in motion, impossible to be witnessed with our eyes (although different sensors kick in here). It was worth noticing it, but in end I found its possibilities a tad... limited.

Water: Constantly in motion, present everywhere: under us, above us, around us and even inside ourselves. It was an only true choice for me. Either calm as a small lake somewhere in the mountains, either completely angered like a rapidity. In short, moody. More than that, since I'm generally a person of calm nature, its life-giving abilities are somewhat superior to all other elements.

And if I was able to manipulate any of given elements, water would bring me the greatest amount of possibilities. Even though I couldn't create anything static with it, it would be fine. Fleeting moments is something I've learned to appreciate long time ago already :)