Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is everypony naked?

Sugar Pea

I think its their natural and they have natural skin that we couldnt see their furs that because of the show's format.Their skins like silky smooth and when they wear a cloth they ll look like more cute then ever.

The ponies use censorship magic to cover themselves up for the TV show. Plus they got tails. 

Only in fan fiction and fan art do the ponies get dirty.

Edited by Bendy

I know this will probably ruffle a few feathers, but who cares.

This seems like a good place to leave this video I made.

But seriously, it's just like some of the primitive tribes in the real world.  To them, nudity isn't a thing.  It's not private, and they have no reason to care or think otherwise.  Which is pretty f*ckin awesome, btw.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, they are but I wouldn't read too much into this.  Except for Disney cartoons, most anthropromorphic cartoon characters are either nude or only partially clothed.  I doubt Hasbro thought twice about it.

That is a gap in logic, though.  In the EQ Girls movies, Twilight should have arrived nude (like Arnold in The Terminator).  That would have blown their G rating straight to someplace whose name would also blow their G rating.  There is also the fact that, logically, Twilight would need to have the concept of a nudity taboo explained to her.  AFAIK, no race on EQ has such a thing.

• 2 years later...
On 8/30/2013 at 11:40 PM, PonyBoy15 said:

Yup, they're nude. Other ponies like Fancy Pants are dressed up always on a daily basis. But hey, when you're a pony, who cares right?

Even though Fancy Pants ironically doesn't wear pants.  Kind of defeats the whole point of wearing clothes don't you think?

Edited by Soaring Symphony

Ponyville is apparently just a nudist colony, as even the Hoofields and McColts wear SOMETHING. 

On 8/6/2018 at 6:58 PM, Soaring Symphony said:

Even Fancy Pants ironically doesn't wear pants.  Kind of defeats the whole point of wearing clothes don't you think?

Clothes were originally for decoration, not for covering bits. That's what he's doing. 

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't say they are naked they have fur covering their bodies and the Pegasi have both fur on their body and feathers covering their wings if they were bald then that would be a different story and a bald Pegasus can't fly  

I realize this may be bordering on an inapropriate comment but I do feel compelled to comment on the "fur covers naughty bits" and things like the Rarity scene above or Fluttershy blushing in bed. Perhaps 98% of the time there's nothing wrong with wearing nothing because you're covered up or only giving a brief glimpse here or there. However somtimes you wind up in that last 2% where things are "showing" (obviously not in the cartoon itself) which is why Rarity got embarassed at Spike trying to walk in on the girls and losing her dress because they were in an awkward position that did show something that she didn't want another pony seeing especially when dressing or standing on your hind legs?

I believe that one of the following 4 things happen in Equestria...

1. There is censorship magic that happens to somehow know when they need to have those parts the censorship magic stops,
2. They wear underwear that is the same color as their fur and has their cutiemark on it,
3. Ponies in Equestria might just not have those parts,
4. They just in da nude

37 minutes ago, Sherbert Music-Guard said:

1. There is censorship magic that happens to somehow know when they need to have those parts the censorship magic stops,
2. They wear underwear that is the same color as their fur and has their cutiemark on it,
4. They just in da nude

1 and 2 are my headcannon as well. I like to consider 2nd one, with addition that the fabric they use is magical, and can change color according to pony's fur. Without the consideration of magical fabric, that'd be heck of trouble for tailors to make underwears of every possible color and color combination.

Edited by Totally An Admirer

59 minutes ago, Sherbert Music-Guard said:

4. They just in da nude

For me its just censorship for the viewing audience and in a "real" equestria it wouldn't be censored. Though the pants the same colour would explain some of Rarity's reactions. Anyway main reason for this post is your number 3 got me picturing ponies reproducing by splitting off part of themselves to make a colt/filly like the blob in hotel transylvania 3 did.

9 minutes ago, Senko said:

For me its just censorship for the viewing audience and in a "real" equestria it wouldn't be censored. Though the pants the same colour would explain some of Rarity's reactions. Anyway main reason for this post is your number 3 got me picturing ponies reproducing by splitting off part of themselves to make a colt/filly like the blob in hotel transylvania 3 did.

:ooh::laugh: