Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Any Megaman Fans well I think you might like this

cmarston1

Well I was browsing through the interwebs and made an incredible discovery!

While Kenji Inafune left Capcom and he is unable to get the licensing of Megaman and his other creations he is making a new game with his own company that takes inspiration from Megaman and is it's own thing as well called Mighty Number 9.

The project is being supported by kickstarter and the link is http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9?ref=search

so if you want some megaman fixes or want to learn more about the project than you can go to the link and read about it and or donate towards it if you want to.

The goal for the kickstarter is to obtain $900,000 and it already has reached over $630,000!

The game is currently being produced for the PC but if the donations reach $1.5 million it will be for the Mac and Linux as well.

Lastly if the kickstarter reaches $2.5 million Mighty Number 9 would make it to the Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii U systems.

(Also how do I move this to media discussion? I didn't realize this would happen sorry.)

Edited by Thereisnospoon303
  • Brohoof 4

Ooohhh exciting. I'd love me some of this game. Don't have the funds to donate to the game right now but you know I want that soundtrack  :o. I hope they reach all the stretch goals and really make this happen.

Also Beck & Call  :lol: I love these guys.

• Brohoof 1

Oh yes I've heard of this from AlphaOmegaSin. I'm sort of happy to hear this. I've never been into Megaman that much but it's cool to hear about this kind of stuff going on.

• Brohoof 1

I never played a Megaman game, but I do admit that Capcom is acting like complete jerks to Megaman and his fans. Crapcom, amiright?

Anyway, it's cool how the dude who made Megaman is doing this. That is really awesome of him. I sure do hope this succeeds. In fact, I might pick it up if I ever see it in stores just because it looks interesting. I'll gladly donate to this kickstarter.

• Brohoof 1

>Kickstarter goal was $900,000

>Currently, the kickstarter has almost two million dollars saved up

And you know what? For good reason. I'm more than happy to see this game come into fruition.

I'm happy about this, really happy.

I think it's no brainer that it's gonna make the 360/PS3/Wii U goal, but I still hope it goes all the way and makes it for the PS4/Xbone goal, just to stick it to Capcom

• 3 weeks later...

So the funding period is done and they've reached all their reach goals. So get ready for that online co-op challenge mode, new game+, ps3/ 360 versions, next gen consoles and handheld versions, so on so forth. That's quite a bit of stuff to deliver! ohmy.png

The design for Call was also decided by vote. I don't know how many of you were keeping up but F won the vote. I was hoping for E personally; F was my second choice. You can see them choices right here, in case you missed it.  

The goal for the Mighty Number 9 kickstarter was $900,000?  I see what they did there.  And they've quadrupled their goal?  They are going to drown in cash when this game is released.

3DS-It-Prints-Money.gif