Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

what happen if Hasbro wants a fanfic of yours?

Rethajni

You write a fanfic (about anything that is not mature) and it becames so popular that Hasbro want to make a couple of episodes based on your fanfic, what will be you reaction?

Well I would know that that would never happen, because Hasbro can't use fanmade work for actual episodes... (I think) And besides, I would never have the writing skills for something like that.

I know that hasbro can't use fanmade Works, this is a What if.. questions

let say that your fanfic was so SO cool that hasbro wants to use it, at least, took some references from it.

And for your skills... everyone has the talent, you only need to develope properly, and of course, there's a diference between not having the skills and don't want them

And for your skills... everyone has the talent, you only need to develope properly, and of course, there's a diference between not having the skills and don't want them

Oh trust me, if I really needed to I could prove you wrong big time... I won't because of reasons that won't be said for now, but I could if I needed to

Didn't they already ask for my fanfiction? You know, the one where the mane six all become humans that attend high school in an alternate universe?

• Brohoof 6

I may decline because I'd be embarrassed about my fanfic.

Regardless of my lack of writing ability, I may be okay with it. I wouldn't even mind not getting anything in return.

Didn't they already ask for my fanfiction? You know, the one where the mane six all become humans that attend high school in an alternate universe?

you have a fanfic of human ponys? that's cool! i love fanfic of ponys becoming anthro or humans you know? and you have the link for the fanfic?

This would only work if you promise not to sue them in the end. 'Cause that's why some companies and novel authors don't (usually) look at fan stuff and take them. They could easily get sued by the fans on the grounds that they did not ask for permission.

At least, it applies to OCs and other original stuff. But as for content that Hasbro already owns such as characters, yeah, they have the right to use any fan stuff that involves those characters.

As for my reaction, well... "It's about time they did it!" I'll leave you to figure that out on your own.

I would be so happy that Hasbro liked my fanfics to the point where they want to make a few episodes based on my fanfic. That's a wonderful dream to be honest. I'd rather not be noticed though. So, I'd ask if they wouldn't say that I wrote the fanfic and just say the episode was inspired by a fan. Of course, since most of my MLP fanfics revolve around love and romance, it is very unlikely that Hasbro would consider any of my fics. :P

You write a fanfic (about anything that is not mature) and it becames so popular that Hasbro want to make a couple of episodes based on your fanfic, what will be you reaction?

My reaction would be to stick out my hand and proudly exclaim "Show me the money!" If they want to use my work, I'd want to be put under contract and keep on working for them.

Well I would know that that would never happen, because Hasbro can't use fanmade work for actual episodes.

Why would that be? I'm pretty sure that's not how it works. A fanfic author can't get a legitimate copyright on their work since it's already jam-packed with stuff by Hasbro, right?

I think it's not a matter of "can't", but a matter of "won't". Most of it just isn't episode-caliber.

Edited by Tricksy Lewlamoon

Any fanfic I wrote would probably be shiptastic and involve rainbow ponies discovering their love for and subsequently making out with pink ponies. I'd question their motivations in using something I wrote as an episode (they do want higher quality than that...right? :blink: ), but I can't deny that the idea of a pair of episodes dedicated to that does appeal to me on some level.

• Brohoof 2

Hate to burst your bubble wrap, but Hasbro already legally owns all of your MLP fanfiction. If they wanna use it, you don't get diddly shit for compensation.

Still, even without the money, it'd be pretty satisfying to see a fanfic I wrote become a full episode. And they might even hire me on to become a full-time writer for the show, which would be both awesome and profitable. :D

I think my reaction would be something like this.

http://youtu.be/Jpgy21r_dRE

I would be flattered that they thought my ideas were good enough to be included in the show, excited about having the opportunity to write for one of my favorite shows and would try to get this friend of mine on board if possible because he has a lot of good ideas too and he deserves a break in his life for once. Rarity Get's Cockroaches would be a hilarious episode as would Applejack for Mayor though in Applejack for Mayor I would probably have to tone down the profanity and other adult references.

• Brohoof 1

I'd imagine if it was so good Hasbro wanted it, they would have one of the writers take it, change some of the names or settings, then claim they came up with it on their own. I would go on blisfully unaware that I had been plagerized and believe that I happened to have the same idea as one of the awesome writers of MLP.

• Brohoof 1

• 7 years later...
10 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

I doubt Hasbro would want mine with how dark the theme is, but if they did take it, I would expect to have the rights to all of my original characters.

💰©©©©©©©©©© copyright ExploitionMare, Inc 💰

Your characters are always secure, Hasbro cannot take them.

Edited by Splashee®