Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cross-Dressing

Sepia-chan

I remember cross-dressing once. I tried on a skirt and it felt like my legs were free. It was way back in middle school... Since then, I stopped because I didn't find much pleasure in that anymore. Besides, it feels weird seeing a guy dress a girl. Sorry. Not that I hate them or anything because I used to do that myself. 

I don't cross-dress. Not my thing, but I don't mind when people do it. It's their lives and what gives me the right to judge them just because they like dressing differently? None, I tell you. Dress how you want to. You are in control of your own life. You make your own decisions.

I like to do it sometimes. I've got  a bit of a wardrobe of girls clothes...panties, pink skirts,jean skirts, short shorts....cute tops. 

I also like how I find girls cloths more comfortable to wear vs mens....especially panties  :blush:

I more o less tend to do it for friends though....they think it's cute/sexy. and it's fun for me as well.  win/win.

I also have the body for it...I like to consider myself a femboy./femboi....when I'm shaved anyways, haha.

Generally I don't go out in public wearing a skirt or girls shirt, only at friends places.

I would love to cross-dress, but considering the fact that my body has a build that is on the opposite end of the spectrum from the desired one, I would be disgusted by myself for looking hideous. Otherwise, I would love to cross-dress.

I try not to think about the fact that I cannot (or, rather, will not, because I will be displeased, in the end) so I don't grow sad.

Hard rugged socks for hard rugged manly men. B)

I wear two layers of socks because I'm hardcore like that.

And by "Hardcore", I mean I have sensitive feet. 

They also keep my feet warm in the winter.

Grrr. Manly. 

Sports.

• Brohoof 1

I never really understood why we have designated clothes for genders in the first place. I just put on whatever I can find. 

Though recently I've been trying to dress more pretty and 'girly', I used to wear pants and a T-shirt everywhere. 

My thoughts are if it looks good on you, then wear it, even if it doesn't. Cross dressing, as far as I understand, is about expressing yourself. Being individual and who you are. If you don't look 'good' wearing it, it's your choice if you want to look 'good' or look like you.

I haven't crossdressed before as I've never wanted to or felt like I needed to. About the closest I've got to it is wearing my sisters shirt for school as there wasn't any clean white shirts. It didn't make any difference apart from it fastening right over left.

So yeah, that's my thoughts on it.

Do I cross-dress? No.

Do I tolerate it? Yes.

Do I mock people who do it? No.

Do I give people who do it funny looks? Yes.

I can't imagine myself ever cross-dressing, but who cares, I suppose it's just another style of fashion...

Do I mock people who do it? No.

Do I give people who do it funny looks? Yes.

Silent mockery can be just as hurtful as loud mockery. Imagine if you liked to wear, say, baggy pants because it was comfortable and people kept looking with disapproving eyes on you like you were out to rob them and shoot people, would you have found that particularly pleasant?

• Brohoof 1

Silent mockery can be just as hurtful as loud mockery. Imagine if you liked to wear, say, baggy pants because it was comfortable and people kept looking with disapproving eyes on you like you were out to rob them and shoot people, would you have found that particularly pleasant?

No, but could you expect anything but funny looks if one were to dress up as a vampire on a regular day with a clown nose, a fake moustache, an angel halo, and a Nerf dart machine gun? However, as always, each to his own, no?

No, but could you expect anything but funny looks if one were to dress up as a vampire on a regular day with a clown nose, a fake moustache, an angel halo, and a Nerf dart machine gun? However, as always, each to his own, no?

So you are comparing dressing in feminine attires that were completely acceptable for men to wear about 100 years ago with novelty costumes especially created to look silly?

• Brohoof 1

I've crossed dressed a lot when I was a kid, I would always practice walking in high heels when I was a kid and always wore a skirt and tied my shirt back to substitute for a girls shirt, wasn't a very good attempt, and I also wore my sisters dress when I was 10 or something like that and I got caught by my mom, but she was pissed about it and I still hide in the closet cause of her, but now I got my own junior clothes to cross dress in when I feel like cross dressing.

So you are comparing dressing in feminine attires that were completely acceptable for men to wear about 100 years ago with novelty costumes especially created to look silly?

Does dressing up as a silly vampire wearing and holding silly things, for no apparent or immediately discernible reason, seem odd to you? Do you understand it? If you do not, I think it's a reasonable fair comparison.

Does dressing up as a silly vampire wearing and holding silly things, for no apparent or immediately discernible reason, seem odd to you? Do you understand it? If you do not, I think it's a reasonable fair comparison.

First off, you are mocking the act of cross-dressing with your "novelty attire and Nerf gun" comparison considering there is often a lot of social norms which also spans sexuality and gender identity that comes along with cross dressing that obviously a vampire cape don't bring with it. Secondly, yes I would find it odd, BUT I wouldn't give nasty looks to someone wearing silly things on the street, if anything I would be happy for them for daring to express themselves in the way they please and find it to be a good thing.

• Brohoof 3

Not my thing(well, unless it was for comedy purposes, because I could pull off that really damn well because of how stereotypically manly I can look if I have facial hair, which I do).

But I don't see why it should be a problem if that's what someone wants to do, if that's their thing more power to them.   

I'm pretty sure there's a difference between dressing up in a Halloween costume and wearing clothes of the opposite sex. Some people get curious about what it would be like to be the opposite gender, and cross dressing is a good way to express that.
  • Brohoof 1

I'm pretty sure there's a difference between dressing up in a Halloween costume and wearing clothes of the opposite sex. Some people get curious about what it would be like to be the opposite gender, and cross dressing is a good way to express that.

I have no problem whatsoever with that. What I was trying to say, was that I find a man walking down a street in a full-blown ballroom dress is something I find a bit... disturbing.

I have no problem whatsoever with that. What I was trying to say, was that I find a man walking down a street in a full-blown ballroom dress is something I find a bit... disturbing.

Well I find it disturbing how society puts a gender label on just about everything. Why can't we as people wear whatever we want?
  • Brohoof 1

Well I find it disturbing how society puts a gender label on just about everything. Why can't we as people wear whatever we want?

Hey, I'm not saying you can't. Feel free to do whatever you want with yourself and your clothes, within law. But I'm entitled to my own opinion too, aren't I?

Hey, I'm not saying you can't. Feel free to do whatever you want with yourself and your clothes, within law. But I'm entitled to my own opinion too, aren't I?

Well yea, that's your personal opinion and nobody else's business. I'm just saying that I dislike gender labels. I believe that everything should be gender neutral.

Hey! I resent that! Vampires and silly clothes aren't odd! I have huge ass K9's and wear silly clothes all the time, and I'm not odd in the slightest!

Look at how completely normal I am!

292548_10150822532349859_607701652_n.jpg

Pfffffttt.

Edited by Hansel
  • Brohoof 1

Well yea, that's your personal opinion and nobody else's business. I'm just saying that I dislike gender labels. I believe that everything should be gender neutral.

Okay, I'm for equal rights and not having absurd gender limitations and saying "boys should like this, girls should like this" or yelling or belittling people for wearing the wrong clothes, but I have to step in in here on that statement.

Like ot or not, unless you're in the rare position of not having one, gender identity is a big part of human nature and personality. I agree we have a lot of exponentially stupid gender segregations in most cultures, but to go the other way and say everything should be gender neutral and the labels shouldn't be there at all is just as bad of a extreme.

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 1