Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cross-Dressing

Sepia-chan

Ehh...

I think girls dressing up like guys looks completely stupid, personal preference though. They need to stick to there own clothing.

Same for men.

But I encourage everyone to do it if there heart desires.

So you at the same time are completely against cross dressing and want "everybody to stick with their own clothing", while still claiming you don't mind it... I am sorry but I don't see your logic here.

So you at the same time are completely against cross dressing and want "everybody to stick with their own clothing", while still claiming you don't mind it... I am sorry but I don't see your logic here.

Well what am I going to do to stop people from cross-dressing? How far have anti-gay activists gotten? I accept that there are them and I encourage them to do what they do but I still think it's stupid.

Like ot or not, unless you're in the rare position of not having one, gender identity is a big part of human nature and personality.

I actually don't care if you call me a "he" or "she", most people on here can't tell weather I'm a male or female. 

I agree we have a lot of exponentially stupid gender segregations in most cultures, but to go the other way and say everything should be gender neutral and the labels shouldn't be there at all is just as bad of a extreme.

How exactly would it be bad? You living your life the way you choose to, without physically harming anyone of course. What could be so bad about that?

To be fair you can think something stupid without thinking it wrong, I don't know where's he coming from but I tend to use words like weird endearingly, like "you're weird but I love you anyway and wouldn't have you any other way", for example.

I'm probably completely wrong about what he's trying to say though.  

I respect people who sincerely do what they want and how they want, I am a pretty heavy individualist at heart so the idea of freedom above all other things is something that I personally agree with but I also agree with other peoples right to disagree with it and react to it based on their conclusions upon seeing it. Being yourself isn't easy, no one said it would be, it never has been and I am offended at a base level of the idea of others having to be re-educated, reprimanded or silenced in order for others to express themselves via whatever avenue they have taken. 

I will respect your desire to dress and act how you like:

Womans clothing...sure.

Gender neutral oriental traditional clothes...fine by me.

Vampire suits...ok.

Old fashion civil war uniforms...you keep on marching with confidence, solder.

A mismatch of clothes that would make a color blind comic book villain look more coherent than you? Sure...whatever.

But the moment you try to shame me or anyone near me who expresses a civil dislike, discomfort or uncertainty about what you do and you desire that they be silenced or forced to tolerate you...is the moment I become your enemy. They have a right to discriminate; everyone does it...hell, loads of people have been discriminating against society itself in this thread because it doesn't jive with their way of approaching things. A world where we are forced to tolerate out of social pressure of being a ignorant monster-AKA engineering- or pedestal-izing is the moment you no longer care about actual individuality but just getting everyone to hug each other and conform to what you personally prioritize as the ultimate attribute that we should all reach. There is no common good, equality, tolerance, acceptance, justice, love, purity and so on...these have no meaning due to them being hollow niches that are filled by the single person themselves.

I like people because they are different, I think people are immeasurable in worth and that no one should have a right to censor them, re-educate them or punish them for expressing natural civil reaction to something whether it be approval or disapproval. Most people aren't ignorant asses, we are not rude uncouth jerks. Most people will react to what you wear...yes...some may even offhandedly comment on you but its only a select few who will be open loud mouths troglodytes about it.

Let me make this clear...if someone tried to censor you...criminalize you...hurt you or demonize you on a larger scale-or even on a micro scale in terms of hurting or imprisoning you-...because you dress in a certain way, I would be your ally but the moment you choose fire as your weapon against fire is the moment when our goals differ and we part ways.

How do I feel about cross dressing. I don't doubt there is some sign of environmental influence concerning nurture or even mental relations linked to it- negative or just quirky and different I don't know- but frankly. I don't care.

Don't expect me to not act like you don't stand out if we have to talk face to face but I ain't looking to throw stones at anyone because their clothe is unison and not cut in two straight leg holes. You are responsible for yourself, you dress how you want among the people, you have to face the judgement among the people. I have been in the same boat, just for wearing a top hat and looking like an old English gentlemen I had received insults, hard glares and laughing in my face...but I continued to do it, I wouldn't suppress those people reactions on the day they did it or any day after and I trust you as someone who knows what its like to face the fear of censorship and being repressed to not try to do the same to others. Rude, yes but in the end it was still civil, in the end I could still dress how I want and in a way agreement or disagreement with what I wore I know they sore something in their day that made them think about life if not for only a couple of seconds and that I myself could express what I thought without fear of demonetization these types of matters.

Anyway cross dressing is hot...in the right circumstances but I personally couldn't do it. I'm too...traditional, I ether like to dress like a business man from the 1950s or a Victorian gentleman. 

That more or less how I feel about cross dressing both on a micro and macro level. I don't see the problem with it but that is probably because I don't really have a desire to combat it or spread it. Although if I'm going to be honest all the cross-dressers and transgenders I keep meeting are either off their chains and ranting madness or straight up jerks, I've decided to draw up these experiences to these people being typical run of the mill dressed up rattle heads more so than something that is related to the group but it has made me more reluctant to talk to transgender, that and I hate gender politics...so you know...that sort of adds to my reluctance to talk to them.

Edited by MiStErUnMeRry
  • Brohoof 3

I actually don't care if you call me a "he" or "she", most people on here can't tell weather I'm a male or female. 

How exactly would it be bad? You living your life the way you choose to, without physically harming anyone of course. What could be so bad about that?

Because everyone is different and identifies in different ways. We should seek to embrace the differences in one another, not seek to hide them away behind a veil of ambiguity and camouflage that pretends like they're not there by filing the labels off. To do away with the ways in witch people identify themselves completely is to leave someone with nothing to embrace.

There's a multitude of ways in which people identify with themselves and others, to wash all those potential means of self-identification away is to potentially leave them lifeless and wondering around with no strong connections or sense of who they are. Sure, no one fits into one neat folder, be we still have those components, a little of this, a little of that. 

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 1

^Okay, let's do that.

teg7.jpg

i0cl.jpg

Obviously, I kind of really like dresses. v__v Sometime, I shall hopefully appear in public according to how I feel gender-wise (while pulling it off), which depends on my mood. Sometimes, I'm a mermaid.

• Brohoof 1

MichaelxXxTrixie, on 23 Sept 2013 - 7:57 PM, said:Well what am I going to do to stop people from cross-dressing? How far have anti-gay activists gotten? I accept that there are them and I encourage them to do what they do but I still think it's stupid.
There's not much correlation between gays and crossdressing. I CD, yet am attracted to girls. I know over CDers that still like girls.

Nightmare Lyre, on 23 Sept 2013 - 9:20 PM, said:So guys, remember when we had a fun thread where people who were actually into cross dressing shared stories, pictures and other fun stuff and we didn't get into debates about Liberalism and censorship? Fun times.
until the fire nation attacked. let's do some more of that, yeah? bump.

Wow since when has crossdressing become SRS BSNS, like guise chill out, I'm glad that I didn't bother with this thread while all that sheet was going on.

Anyways, I have my mind set on starting crossdressing, gonna definitely pick up some girly attire the next time I go out shopping for clothes and I'm gonna ask for that stuff for Christmas, quite the shocker when I open up a pink sparkle filled Hello Kitty t-shirt infront of my family, heh.

• Brohoof 2

So there's no hard feelings caused by my part, I'm going to re-instate that I have no problem with it and people should dress however they want. What other people think ultimately doesn't matter and the only important thing is to do whatever makes YOU feel comfortable.  

Edited by Shoboni

I love cross dressing! I think it's fun and It always feels good to wear something different for a change n_n I may not be the best at it, but I still do enjoy it. It's one of those fun things I think everyone should try even just once in their lives. I think my favorite kind of cross dressing is when it's a mix of both. One that makes you really guess 'is this a girl dressing as a guy, or a guy dressing as a girl?' or somewhere in-between seems to be the funnest : D I attached a beautiful pic of Hizaki at the bottom as a great example of this! I love that getup soo much!<3

That being said, there are definitely some amazing cross dressers I admire!

Two of which I attached are very well known : Bou from an cafe and Hizaki from Versailles. Amongst the sea that is jrock cross-dressers I really think these two pull it off the best as far as males dressing as females go. And though the photos attached are a bit outdated and posted pretty much anywhere I thought it was worth a share : ]

Now as far as my favorite female cross-dressers are concerned I admire Amber Liu from f(x) , as well as Ella Chen , and Mally from exist+trace. Those girls ROCK and are awesome cross dressers : D I probably didn't attach all the best pics of these individuals either, but in some shots they really pull it off super well. I think for girl's having a small chest really helps which i'm envious of for this reason! 

Unfortunately for me its much harder due to that. D: also being tall, like Amber helps a bunch as well. Anyway happy.png love this thread thanks for making it!<3

post-19865-0-89434900-1380429104_thumb.jpg

post-19865-0-32558800-1380429291.jpg

post-19865-0-11141500-1380429315_thumb.jpg

post-19865-0-41981200-1380429977_thumb.jpg

post-19865-0-31693600-1380430038_thumb.jpg

post-19865-0-66172800-1380430074.jpg

• Brohoof 2

• 3 months later...

(Sighs)....I knew a thread like this would come along.

If you have checked out my deviantART or flickr pages as of late, you might know that I have a female side. Yes, I crossdress too, but I'm planning in the next three years to transition despite the objections of my parents and my younger brother. 

I have been doing this for over three years under my female name of Cecilia and started out with costumes and cosplay, then I moved onto the world of crossplay and eventually with a bit of help from a few of my deviantART friends ventured into the wide world of crossdressing.

The main reason that I dress is to escape the harsh reality of life outside and to also take on a new persona. I love the feeling of dressing in a different skin to my everyday self and to put on makeup and just shed my everyday self and embrace my female side.

Here is a sample of some of my outfits that I wear for photo shoots or for around the house (or bedroom in my case):

C0dgqLJl.jpgKCjjjZVl.jpg

fS6xzwbl.jpg

Yeah, I'd rather not cross-dress myself.  And I'll be honest and say that I'm against it.   I'm not going to be a fucking cunt about it though.    If someone does it at the appropriate place (or as a joke, that's cool), then I don't have a problem with it.  

• Brohoof 1

I don't have a problem with it. If they want to dress like the opposite gender, well, good for them. I don't have the right to stop them, nor does anyone else.

I must admit though, seeing it can be quite confronting. I would never do it myself.

Nope, and I can't say I approve of it, but I won't ever dislike anyone for doing it.

Though I think people here would burn me at the stake on my opinion of sex changes. I don't care if you are gay, but don't trick someone into thinking your the other gender when you are not.

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't even try...

Although honestly, I don't see how a girl crossdressing would lift eyebrows nowadays. Seems like girls can wear everything men wear and it wouldn't look at all out of place. OK, except for those outfits that leave men with their chests exposed.

Personally, I wouldn't cross dress unless it was some idk... Classic theater. I try not to fall into the trap of prejudice but it's something that doesnt concern me and therefore, 'shit stiring' is unnecessary. Good day.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

I know I'm digging up an old thread, but I was reading through it out of curiosity, and after seeing the following post, I couldn't help but reply.

Women's socks are pretty great. I have a knee-high pair somewhere that I like to wear.
Also, tights/any leggings are pretty great for when it's cold.

I'm not going to comment much on my personal extent of cross-dressing, but I have to agree with this. Women's socks are freaking awesome, at least some of them. Just as with any other type of garment, there are so many different styles and colours to choose from, and they're usually softer than most men's socks. I think the first time I ever wore women's socks was when I bought a set of MLP ankle socks at Hot Topic (or maybe it was Spencers...). It didn't specify on the package that they were for women, but I think I recall seeing them in the women's section. In any case, they had various characters' faces on them and some of them were pink and/or purple, so they looked like they were geared more toward women rather than typical male bronies.

After wearing them for a while, I became a little more bold and ordered a pair of fuzzy toe socks. I bought them for a couple of different reasons. For one thing, after wearing the MLP socks, I was curious about other women's socks, especially toe socks for some reason. I also love soft, fluffy, fuzzy things and they looked comfy. After buying them, and loving how they felt, I started buying more and more women's socks, until now that's mostly all I wear.

I have a few different styles. As I mentioned, I love soft and fuzzy things, so I have a couple of pair like that, but most of them are just colourful ankle socks. I have more of them because not only do I think they're cute, (yeah, I said it) but I tend to wear ankle socks more than anything else and the different colours make them easier to match up.

About the tights and leggings, I don't personally have any, but I'm not going to lie, I have thought about buying some for the winter months. I have some men's thermal underwear (hope that's not TMI), and let's just say "uncomfortable" would be an understatement. I would gladly wear a pair of tights or leggings instead if I had them. In fact, I've thought about buying these, in particular, but I'm hesitant because they'll probably look ridiculous on me.

• Brohoof 3

And now we are randomly talking about socks!!! :P

Oh gosh, this topic just made my day! Anyway, I personally do not cross dress, however when I was like 9 I tried on a bra....so...that's my extent of cross dressing! :yay: 

• Brohoof 1

About the tights and leggings, I don't personally have any, but I'm not going to lie, I have thought about buying some for the winter months. I have some men's thermal underwear (hope that's not TMI), and let's just say "uncomfortable" would be an understatement. I would gladly wear a pair of tights or leggings instead if I had them. In fact, I've thought about buying these, in particular, but I'm hesitant because they'll probably look ridiculous on me.

I can assert that tights and leggings are incredibly comfortable. I have a few, my favourite of which are these.

I do like men in female’s clothe and do also wear sometimes feminine clothing, but I must mention, that I’m also transsexual, means I’m born with a female body, and I feel between or maybe slightly on the male side. So I don’t know if I could say cross-dressing to it. Maybe, some people identified me as male, when I wore female clothes, and one person did want me throw out of the women toilet. Mostly people see me as female at the moment.

@The Fabulous Darky
Maybe there were also other religions, were men crossdressed because of some spiritual stuff? I mean like some shamans do and so. However I don’t know, what religions were around these times. But if there were some, they could also put that inside, to different from other religions. 

This is something I do, yes. I have a full set of women's underwear, dresses, stockings and the like in addition to my compliment of men's clothes. Don't get the chance to use it that often but it's there. Some of the shirts I used to use on the daily were actually girl's small, because those used to be better fits on my body than men's smalls. I've gotten a bit paunchier so it no longer works as well though.