Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Sky Pirates (Adventure/Humor)

Gray_Spectrum

Moonlight let out a breath of relief as she felt the nearly fixed ship begin to regain altitude. "It's working, Lume!"

The engines back online, the aircraft stabilized and slowly regaining altitude, Lume dropped down to her haunches panting heavily. "Yes... It's working..." She replied with a trembling smile on her face. "And I couldn't have done this without you... Nicely done, Moonlight."

She then noticed the pale-yellow unicorn staring thoughtfully at some kind of card. She didn't know what it was or where it came from (though she could swear that the stowaway from before had like a pack of them), but there wasn't even enough time to ask any question about it: the card levitated itself out of the room and towards the main deck.

"What the..."

Lume was just way too tired and stressed out to think about anything. She just hoped to never see that weird magician pony ever again, and that Grey and the others managed to throw him off the ship or something around these lines. At that moment, the machine-maniac mare just wanted to take a shower and get some shut eye.

However, not very long after, there was a loud explosion noise, followed by the Captain screaming:

"SON-OF-A..."

Lume fell to her back "NO MORE!! Please, enough explosions and trouble and problems and things to fix for tonight!!" She complained in a nearly-crying tone of voice, rolling around across the engine's room floor.

@@Moonlight Fire

"Moonlight, be a doll and go see what the hell is going on this time... I'm just... done for..."

The engines back online, the aircraft stabilized and slowly regaining altitude, Lume dropped down to her haunches panting heavily. "Yes... It's working..." She replied with a trembling smile on her face. "And I couldn't have done this without you... Nicely done, Moonlight."

She then noticed the pale-yellow unicorn staring thoughtfully at some kind of card. She didn't know what it was or where it came from (though she could swear that the stowaway from before had like a pack of them), but there wasn't even enough time to ask any question about it: the card levitated itself out of the room and towards the main deck.

"What the..."

Lume was just way too tired and stressed out to think about anything. She just hoped to never see that weird magician pony ever again, and that Grey and the others managed to throw him off the ship or something around these lines. At that moment, the machine-maniac mare just wanted to take a shower and get some shut eye.

However, not very long after, there was a loud explosion noise, followed by the Captain screaming:

Lume fell to her back "NO MORE!! Please, enough explosions and trouble and problems and things to fix for tonight!!" She complained in a nearly-crying tone of voice, rolling around across the engine's room floor.

@@Moonlight Fire,

"Moonlight, be a doll and go see what the hell is going on this time... I'm just... done for..."

Moonlight gently set a tired hoof on Lume with a sigh. "Alright, I got this one." After all, even though she had slowed the ship down, it had been Lume's skill that saved them all. "You deserve some rest, Lume. Don't over exert yourself," she assured the mare, before trotting out.

"Grey?! WHERE THE HAY ARE YOU?!" Moonlight yelled, looking through all the rooms. Normally, she would've had more grace, but she was tired.

@, Dusk blushed furiously at the implication and hurriedly said "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Honestly; it's the job. I'm not a romantic... well I am but that's besides the point. Piracy isn't all song and adventure; it's weeks of boredom until that one plump target arrives then you go on and take cargo you can. And you rarely score big, usually you just take a shipment and offload it anyway you can even if it's crates of soap. But it'll keep me busy and fed."

Looks up at the sky, or as much sky axs he can see around a giant purple whale.

"Speaking of which. It'll be dawn soon and I better get to work. I don't think you all used the raw ingredients and I'm positive the larders weren't stuffed with enough pre-made stuff for long voyage like Manehattan.
Oh, almost forgot, or rather, I held off because the Captain is busy with devices of his own. You're the helmsman so I assume you're high enough to know: there's only one master checklist, and that's this one."
He said, holding out the inventory clipboard.
"Canterlot has copies, to be sure, but they won't know exactly what we have until they make an inventory of the stuff that got left behind. If they find the doohickey that was removed from the engine parts crate they'll know our engine is incomplete. That won't help them find us or anything but if it's rare and suddenly rumor pops up that a ship crew is looking for a 'replacement' of this type somepony'll put two and two together - so I hope you have fences or contacts you can trust."

"Well, nice chatting with you. Oh yeah, and let me know if there's any peculiar dietary needs for the crew."

Before he gave Belle a more proper hello.
"Hey there filly. Nice to meet you properly for once. I have no idea what's up right now for you guys, I only know I gotta get to work myself. Breakfast requires an earlier riser after all."

When he finished talking with the pegasus Dusk went down to the kitchen, and as he expected counted that virtually half of the alcohol and all of the ready food stuff was eaten. Dusk got to work lighting a fire, setting a large cauldron, emptying a barrel of freshwater into it and stirring in a sack of oats.

Edited by Duskrunner

After Lume refused Glooms help, Gloom went off to the sleeping quarters and slept for for a few hours like he usually dose. When H woke up, he want to see if anyone was around, but first he went to the kitchen to get something to eat. When he gets there he finds Crimson and duskrunner. @,  "Hey Crim, looks like you slept as much as I did. Did I miss anything?"

"Alrighty! I'm gonna explore the ship!" said Star Belle. With that, she skipped out of the room.

She trotted around the ship. She was exploring, as she had said but she was also looking for something in particular: A book. 

Hmmm, well there are chests in the sleeping quarters, so that's my best bet, she thought.

Crimson took a long sigh before finally nodding, "alright, I see what you mean...I guess I could see what I could do for replacement parts, but it might take awhile...my fence doesn't operate very close to manehattan...but it shouldn't be a problem...but just so you know, I've been a pirate for most of my life...so don't patronize me about how to be a pirate!" said crimson before reaching under his hat and pulling out a full flask of rum, (somehow he had time to refill his bottle before grinning and taking a long swig. Once he finished taking a drink, he then turned on heel and walked over to the rails of the ship, looking out over the clouds while drinking quitely from his flask. After a moment, crimson noticed gloom was speaking to him, so he turned around to face him, "I guess so...but sorry to tell you, but I don't know anything that's happened recently, I just woke up..." said crimson with a sigh.

((Crimson is once again free for conversation))

Edited by ragestar

"Wouldn't dream of it Crimson. Just letting you know I'm not ignorant either."

Grabs a pair of bowls, the cauldron's bubbling.
He sets them down on the mess table and slides a pair of spoons over to them.

"Breakfast you two. Enjoy." He says leaving two colts looking at bowls of oatmeal.

Anypony else can serve themselves. He says as he leaves the cauldron on a low fire and starts looking for someting different to serve as 2nd meal.

Twisted placed the card back into his deck swiping the cards and placing them in the carrier, "Don't feel like leaving this room just yet...maybe I'll just take a quick nap or something." Covering his eyes with his hat.

"Hopefully no pony freaks out when they see me..."

Moonlight tiredly took a breath as she poked her head through the last door on deck, still not finding the captain. She wanted to rest, but there was still so much to be done, she still hadn't even set up her medical items yet. The mare made her way up to the rails, and spotted Gloom and Crimson.

@, @@Gloomfury,

"Hey! Have you idiots seen Gray anywhere?" she grumbled, her tone harsher than she had intended. "Er..I mean..just wondering," she grunted, rubbing her sore eyes.

@@Moonlight Fire, Gloom turns to Moonlight, with tired eyes "Yeah, he want off to the volt with that stowaway. And I think Gray want's him to be one of the crew as well." He turns back to Crimson

@,  "I for got to tell you, we got a stowaway on here and he might be one of us soon enough." Gloom eyes go to Crimsons flask. "Mind if I steal a swig?"  He points to the flask.

"Books, books, books..." Star Belle had gone though three trunks with no luck. However, this fourth time, she got lucky.

She pulled out four books, three literature, one history. "Jackpot!" She smiled to herself, setting the books down near her cot, and opening the history book.

(Warning: tired and could fall asleep at any moment)

Crimson chuckled, "a stowaway becomming a pirate huh? Hehe, isn't that a bit cliche? Oh well...I've been on enough voyages and adventures to know that a misfit band of pirates just isn't complete without a little delinquent stowaway to mix things up! And sure, just don't drink all of it or I'll cut you..." said crimson seriously as he held out the flask to gloom.

@@Brain Drain,

Moonlight nodded greatfully at the two stallions, before stumbling away, tripping over her own hooves with fatigue. The unicorn walked through the halls, before realizing she never checked the Captain's quarters. Should've checked here first, she thought to herself, annoyed. As Moonlight came in, she swallowed at the sigh before her: the stoaway, with his hat pulled over his eyes, probably sleeping. 

Her first instinct was to punch him, but if he really was going to be part of the crew, that wouldn't be the best idea. "Um..hello?" she asked wearily, peering at him.@@Brain Drain,

Sets down a plate and is satisfied with the 2nd and last meal for the day: about 30 rolls of baked dough filled with hay are arranged on a platter. A pitcher of watered down orange drink is set, but at least its base are actual oranges.

He walked over to the mess' doorway, saw the triangle, and banged it repeatedly with his spoon and helped himself to a pita before realizing he forgot something.
He grabs the special supplies and leaves out 5 sugar cubes and 5 individual slabs of salt-lick in case anyone is actually in the habit, and finishes off with a small crate of bottles with freshly watered-down grog - for everypony who prefers to drink their daily requirement of carbs.

That done he sets the last of the cookware down, puts the washed dishes and utensils to dry, and sets himself down on an armchair he 'liberated' from the cargo hold. It's big and springy and not the worst thing in the word to sleep in if he nods off.

"Better to sleep through the menu complains anyway, heh heh."

@@Moonlight Fire,

"By the sound of your voice I'm guessing you're the kind healer on this crew." Leaning back in the chair. "Take a rest you've earned it. Oh don't worry about gray somepony will find him soon." Putting his hat on the table. "I hope my card helped you with your magic was the only thing i can do from my point." Pulling out a blue card.

@, Gloom chuckles. "You know I ain't the rude type Crim, I'd never chug down someone else's booze." He says as he takes a swig." And aye, it is kind of cliche. But the bastard my be a good asset to us. He's a slippery prick, and crafty too. But in a fight, he ain't anywhere near on our level. Cause he's mostly likely to give you the slip and run off. That don't mean we wont have a challenge if it comes to it." He hold the flask out to Crimson.

After the explosion Gray Gets up to dust himself and notices there was almost no damage to the ship other than a small burn mark and soot surrounding the Closet.

"YES! IT WORKED!... Kinda." The young eccentric yelled at the top of his lungs before running to The captains Chamber to thank Twisted for the Idea of his new invention. (forgetting to clean up his mess)

While running down the hallway he screamed in repetition "It worked! It worked! It worked!"

As he approached  the captains quarters He saw Moonlight in the doorway "Hey moonlight, it worked! My Invention Worked!"

He was so overly excited that he just Hugged moonlight with joy (being the closest pony nearby and all) "This will prevent Many, Many Problems for the whole crew! And I owe It all to Mr. Twisted Fate here For giving me the Idea!" 

He runs over to Twisted and said like an Idiot " Thank you for threatening to blow up my ship!"

His smile making it obviously clear he meant what he said.

@@Moonlight Fire

@@Brain Drain

After the explosion Gray Gets up to dust himself and notices there was almost no damage to the ship other than a small burn mark and soot surrounding the Closet.

"YES! IT WORKED!... Kinda." The young eccentric yelled at the top of his lungs before running to The captains Chamber to thank Twisted for the Idea of his new invention. (forgetting to clean up his mess)

While running down the hallway he screamed in repetition "It worked! It worked! It worked!"

As he approached the captains quarters He saw Moonlight in the doorway "Hey moonlight, it worked! My Invention Worked!"

He was so overly excited that he just Hugged moonlight with joy (being the closest pony nearby and all) "This will prevent Many, Many Problems for the whole crew! And I owe It all to Mr. Twisted Fate here For giving me the Idea!"

He runs over to Twisted and said like an Idiot " Thank you for threatening to blow up my ship!"

His smile making it obviously clear he meant what he said.

@@Moonlight Fire,

@@Brain Drain,

Moonlight flinched as Gray hugged her and stumbled away. She wasn't a big fan of hugs, or any pony contact for that matter.

"What in Equestria are you talking about Gray? And don't hug me," she growled, patting down her mane.

She then turned to Twisted. "I did find it actually, before you just took it away," the mare said with an eye roll.

(XD lol Moonlight's anything but nice sometimes)

Dusk wakes up and looks around, gets off the comfy couch and (assuming we're on day 3) prepares the next meal.
Along the way he nods in saulte at the captain who's obviously so happy about something he misses him entirely.

He walks in stride alongside Moonlight for a while as well, making casual conversation.
"I guess I'm the cook now. Guess that means our jobs overlap a bit making sure everyone on ship stays healthy. With that in mind I think I should add a shot of Ginseng to your breakfast oatmeal."

He gets a look into her eyes in passing.
"I'll brew up some coffee while I'm at it as well."
He says with a smile and returns to his post.

Gray trotted out of the captains cabin Humming a tune. 

He swung by the closet to Grab a thin sheet of metal and proceeded to happily trot to the engine room. 

"Hehehe Lume! I have a present for you!" Gray Sets down the sheet of metal not explaining what it is. "For you and your Machines!"

"I'm In the process of making more! It comes in 5 colors Yellow, Orange, Purple, Black and Grey! I'm working on getting more colors in but its proving difficult. Also I brought you some Wine!" he lugs in a big barrel of wine With a tap sticking out of it.

@,

Since the ship was fixed and everything was back to normal, Lume had been sleeping, quite literally, on the floor of the engine room. The tiredness that had struck her prevented the mare even from trotting to her own room and laying down on the bed. Right there, she rested, alongside all of the machines in the engine room.

"Hehehe Lume! I have a present for you!" Gray Sets down the sheet of metal not explaining what it is. "For you and your Machines!"

She woke up, but didn't move at all, keeping her eyes closed. She soon recognized that voice as Gray's.

"Ugh... Gray?..." Asked Lume, in a tone of voice that barely resembled somepony in a dying state. "Bloody hell, Gray... Let me bucking sleep here... You're still drugged..." She continued, not being able to reason properly. She then noticed a ray of light coming through the door, hinting that it was morning already. With that, she just contracted herself a little.

"I'm In the process of making more! It comes in 5 colors Yellow, Orange, Purple, Black and Grey! I'm working on getting more colors in but its proving difficult. Also I brought you some Wine!" he lugs in a big barrel of wine With a tap sticking out of it.

Her ears perked up when he mentioned wine.

"Just... Leave it there... I'll be up... soon..." Still didn't move a muscle other than her ears. She tried waving a hoof as to tell the Captain to leave her be, but she just couldn't find the strength to do so.

crimson smirked and took the flask, "well I've had a quite few stowaways on my ship in my time, but not once have I have I had a colt try to pick a fight with me once he was found, they either ran or begged me not to hurt or punish them...and who's this we?" asked crimson with a grin after taking a swig of rum, "I'm the best on this ship, and I'm willing to bet money on that!" said crimson half jokingly with a chuckle.

@,  Gloom slaps Crimsons back in a good natured way and chuckles as well at this. "Well ain't you the cocky bastard? How much are you willing to bet AAAND lose? And if you are up to it we're doing it on my terms. None of that flame magic of yours, just your sword. And if you're lucky I may go easy on ya." He gives his famous shit eating grin.

Edited by Gloomfury

"Say all you want, but I know your true nature moonlight." Wickedly smiling at her. "The best part of not being one of the crew is, I don't have to care for any of you ponies. I'm just a hired hand and I'm just here to get my money and show off some of the skills that are hidden from you ponies." Taking out three different colored cards that matched his cutie mark. "I'm friendly for now,so say and do whatever you want but ill remember the deed." Putting the hate over his eyes.

((Doing this on the phone so sorry))

Noting how Tired Lume Was he Sat there deciding to watch the machines.

Coming up with random ideas for Inventions and soon forgetting them right after. He sat there waiting, Then he grew tired

"There is a silence where hath been no sound, 

There is a silence where no sound may be, 
In the cold grave—under the deep, deep sea, 
Or in wide desert where no life is found, 
Which hath been mute, and still must sleep profound; 
No voice is hush’d—no life treads silently, 
But clouds and cloudy shadows wander free, 
That never spoke, over the idle ground: 
But in green ruins, in the desolate walls 
Of antique palaces, where Pony hath been, 
Though the dun fox or wild hyena calls, 
And owls, that flit continually between, 
Shriek to the echo, and the low winds moan— 
There the true Silence is, self-conscious and alone"

After reciting these words Gray fell asleep on the floor.

(Poem by Tomas Hood. Gray reads a lot of books and memorizes everything) 

Edited by Gray_Spectrum