Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What sort of reaction do you want/expect when wearing FiM clothes?

Brave Hooves

Public Attention  

35 users have voted

1. 1. What do you want?

• Love or hate, I want all eyes on me and my pony swag!
    • Indifference, I'm not making a huge deal out of it and neither should they.
    • I may be a bit embarrassed, I want no attention so I may not wear any and if I do I'd cover it with a hoodie.
  2. 2. What do you expect?

• I expect all eyes will be on me and I will mostly get some hostility by the local douchebags.
    • I expect that most people who do notice will casually ask about it, actually like it or may even compliment me on it and I may even find fellow bronies
    • I expect most people will see it, not know what it is, not care either way and then proceed on with their busy day as they should.

Odd question that I can't help but ask. I've seen people that say they want their apparel to be noticed by everyone and maybe even get some haters so they can just tell em haters gonna hate... Now, honestly? Why would anyone want that? Personally, I'd want the same attention any grown man wearing clothing depicting a children's show/game would get, maybe just a stare, but otherwise indifference. The same if I were wearing a Zelda shirt, or hell even a plain blue shirt or something. I know that wearing something that is abnormal in the average person's eyes would obviously get you a few stares, but why would you want to be bashed on or even get into fights because of this? Anyways, just wanted to get this question off my chest. Poll incoming.

I only have two pony shirts, and a Rainbow Dash hoodie, which I'll probably start wearing once October comes around. I wear the shirts whenever I want, but where I live is filled with the local douchebags. Of course, they must feel compelled to yell something after I've walked by hundreds of feet, or mutter something under their breathe, but I still love them.

No biggie to me if I get a reaction out of wearing pony attire or not. I'd hope people wouldn't mind it, and go on their daily business, but I know that's not a possibility considering where I live. 

I don't think a lot of people would really care all that much. well it depends where I am. At school some people might be like "girl why are you watching pony shows?" But then again my biology class last didn't really care if I watched it and they knew. xD My teacher would kid and say stuff like "I guess you're going to go home and watch My Little Pony, huh?" 

But yeah, I don't think I'd get too much attention, and don't expect it or want a lot either. 

I only have two pony shirts, and a Rainbow Dash hoodie, which I'll probably start wearing once October comes around. I wear the shirts whenever I want, but where I live is filled with the local douchebags. Of course, they must feel compelled to yell something after I've walked by hundreds of feet, or mutter something under their breathe, but I still love them.

No biggie to me if I get a reaction out of wearing pony attire or not. I'd hope people wouldn't mind it, and go on their daily business, but I know that's not a possibility considering where I live. 

Believe me, I know all about living in a place where everybody is the local douchebag. I've lived in that dump for almost 20 years. I even got flak for wearing a Zelda shirt in public and someone even asked me if that was some satanic symbol... I would not dare walk around with a pony shirt in that judgmental cesspit. I finally fixed that issue by moving away from that shithole to my college's town, there's still douchebags, but in much lower concentrations and people are overall much less judgmental here (and it's only around 30 miles away too!) and i've never been happier to leave some place and never return.

3pmn0l.jpg

i'd make it so that if someone saw just a little bit and they were a brony, i'd get recognition. but i wouldn't want the whole world to know. i'm not a closet brony, but i don't like showing it off either.

I wear pony shirts all the time, and I really don't expect any sort of reaction from anyone.  I do get some stares, but for the most part it's gets no reaction.  (And I'm happy about that.  I'm not looking to get a big reaction)

I, obviously, want some good reactions to my pony shirts, as well as my anime, video games, tv shows, and movie shirts. I have a Derpy Hooves hoodie which is usually the first thing people notice. I have met two bronies, one girl working at Gamestop, and a guy working at Toys R Us and their reactions were obviously good. Usually, when I wear a pony shirt, I literally have all eyes on me wherever I go. As someone who hates attention, this isn't good but I still want to find bronies. I wore an Octavia shirt at school before and a kid looked at me and said, "Pony fanatic"...but that wasn't an insult especially since he was into Rainbow Dash at the time...not the show, just the character. I want all positivity. 

I want nothing but indifference when I wear my pony merchandise. I have an Applejack shirt, Rainbow Dash beanie, and a Chrysalis jacket. Whenever I wear them, I just don't want people to make a big deal out of it and neither will I. Just to see it and move on with their lives. I also expect people to casually ask about it because I might find fellow bronies and I just like when people are cas' (cool hip term for casual).

Edited by SmartyPants

I would like to get noticed, but I'm not sure if I will. Although I know some other bronies in my area, it's just that part of the country where people either won't have an idea of what MLP is, or aren't the kind of people who would just walk up to a random person and say hello.

While I would love to get a Brony shirt, my mom ( even tho im 18) doesnt want me to wear anything that looks ''cheap'' as in some ugly shirt with a glued on picture is probably what she sees them as.  I do have a few music band shirts and she thinks im crazy for having even one. While i would wear it in public im not really sure... while you might meet an awesome brony most reactions from todays youth would make me wanna stab my knee with a fork. Not alot of people are open minded and judge everything by the look of the cover, probably wont ask what the picture is they will probably say ''omg gay''.  Sadly thats what this world has come to if no one cared at all what clothes people were wearing id be wearing MLP FiM shirts all day.

I just dont wanna bother trying to explain to someone about My little pony friendship is magic because most people will already have judged me when i said ''my little pony''.  

I wouldnt be embarrased for wearing a MLP FiM shirt. Im a brony and proud of it, if people arent ignorant i would happily talk about MLP FiM but then again... that doesnt happen very often

Im strongly considering getting a shirt tho

Edited by SveciaDash

I am going to admit that some of the WTF reactions I got were hilarious but I at the same time I am not going out of my way to get those sort of reactions. If I want any reaction other than indifference or slight curiosity it would probably be positive, I was wearing my Discord shirt at school one day and got a compliment on it and the guy even told me about his Spitfire shirt. And I got another one from this girl in one of my classes who sometimes wear a humanized Vinyl Scratch shirt.

I suppose, I wouldn't mind wearing such clothes and as for reactions, people would most likely react to it but I wouldn't care one bit. I'm wearing whatever suits me, whatever I like and if I like something, I'll buy it, and if it's clothes, I wear it.

Ive actually gone out hoping to find a hater or one of those stupid parents who freak out over it. Why? Not so i can have a reason to tell them off or anything, but simply cause ive never seen one nor had it happen to me. I really don't think they exist near me.

Other than that i dont expect anything at all.

• 7 years later...
  • 2 months later...

I'd never wear any merchandise because I'd rather avoid the inconvenience of people treating me like a monster, maybe I'm embellishing a little bit but I'd rather avoid any problems personally.