Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Worst Spongebob Episodes

Moved to Elsewhere

... I've tried. I have genuinely tried to find SOMETHING decent in the modern Spongebob episodes, but all I see is a show solely dedicated to ruining the lives of innocent individuals in the most cruel ways possible with some of the WORST humor in the history of television. Don't get me wrong - like everyone else here, I used to LOVE Spongebob. His episodes like Band Geeks and that Pizza Delivery episode get nothing but respect from me. And the movie... Oh Neptune, the movie! It was everything a movie for a family show should be, being slightly darker, more focused on the plot, not forgetting the essentials... etc.

But now, the show has retained NONE of what made it great. Granted, no, it was no revolutionary title to begin with, but it was a fun show that centered around a young boy with the freedom of an adult; That's essentially what the show was made to be. But most importantly, it was for kids.

... Not anymore. The show can't even be called ruined, because in my eyes, it isn't even the same show anymore. Let's put aside the Toenail scene for now, because that's what everyone talks about. Anyone remember when Mr. Krabs mentally tortured Plankton by taking advantage of his fear of whales until he ATTEMPTED SUICIDE?! If you missed this episode, yes, it happened, and no, they did not take it seriously. And yes, Mr. Krabs was HAPPY about it. And of course, Mr. Krabs wins in the end, and Plankton continues his inner turmoil. Not to mention, the episode where Plankton builds a highway over Jellyfish fields. I think it has the world record for the most filler you can put into thirty minutes that don't even attempt to have rhyme or reason.

Even outside of those select moments, the shows focus now is causing unbelievable amounts of harm to innocent people, and making the people you would normally hate - the ANTAGONISTS of an episode - and make you SIDE WITH THEM. Seriously, I really do wish that yellow nuisance would get offed by something. Sure, it'd only make it even less for kids, but at least it'd be damn satisfying.

TL;DR

THIS IS NOT SPONGEBOB ANYMORE.

• Brohoof 2

I used to love it, I thought the film was great. But then I noticed after a while, every time I saw a new one, I thought, "Wait... Hasn't this been done before?". They all follow the same similar formula. It could be like this:

• Spongebob wakes up.
  • Spongebob annoys Squidward somehow
  • Spongebob goes to work
  • SOMETHING BAD HAPPNESS ERMEGERD!!
  • It's sounds worse than it is
  • Dilema fixed
  • End

P.S: This is a common example...

I still watch it occasion, to see if I there's an old episode on. 

Any of the new episodes after the movie was made, with the exception of the Handsome Squidward episode, which IMO, is the only decent episode, the rest before the movie are great.

I haven't watched Spongebob in a loooong time (since 2007), but I'll go with the general consensus that everything past the movie sucks. It's amazing how quickly the quality of the show fell off a cliff, really. It didn't become progressively worse and worse, oh no - it just went to shit like that.

I used to love it, I thought the film was great. But then I noticed after a while, every time I saw a new one, I thought, "Wait... Hasn't this been done before?". They all follow the same similar formula. It could be like this:

• Spongebob wakes up.
  • Spongebob annoys Squidward somehow
  • Spongebob goes to work
  • SOMETHING BAD HAPPNESS ERMEGERD!!
  • It's sounds worse than it is
  • Dilema fixed
  • End

P.S: This is a common example...

I still watch it occasion, to see if I there's an old episode on. 

Throw in "Plankton trying to steal the Krabby Patty formula" a few times(especially since they make up a bulk of the new episodes now) and that's how it pretty much goes

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's like the Spongebob series is metaphorically in a coma, has been officially declared braindead by the surgeon, yet no one is willing to pull the plug. Spongebob is so dead to me. The pre-movie Spongebob will be sorely missed. RIP :'(

Edited by crazitaco

hmmmmm, don't know the name of the episode, but it was the narrator making a tutorial of how to be a good driver, spongebob, as expected, messed everything up, with every citizen and Mrs Puff and Squidward paying the price of SB's driving. The episode ends with a Karma houdini and worst of all, Spongebob passes a beaten up Puff and Squid and arrogantly says they're irresponsible drivers