Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Queen Chrysalis Fan Club

ShadowFoxz

• 3 weeks later...

Well I could not make it more obviously obvious that I am a Chrysalis fan could I?

Well my, my I found myself here I wonder how I ended up, I don't have a clue nope not at all... *Looks away*

Do I need to state why I like her, Oh go on then, she is very arrogant,  very powerful in her position as a Queen of an army of the coolest race in MLP need any more?

• Brohoof 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If I may take the liberty to revive this thread? Because as well all know, Chrysalis and changelings in general need more love!

I don't have any fanart to contribute at the moment - instead, have my changeling OC!

gale_reference_by_daydreamerforever95-d7

(And in full quality on dA here)

Her name is Galerulia, though she will insist on being called Gale. And to understand her story, you need to know my headcanon on changeling queens.

Firstly, I believe Chrysalis's hive isn't the only hive of changelings out there. There are more hives, each hive with changelings that may or may not have a unique characteristic. Changelings from different hives are often identified by the color of their carapaces; the changelings of the hive Gale comes from have, you guessed it, violet carapaces.

Next, the queen. They seem to be genetically different than the drones and workers of the hive, so where do they come from? I believe that in some point in a changeling queen's life, she produces a special clutch that hatches only females. These female changelings are unique; these are the ones that could someday grow into a queen. From the time they are hatchlings, the females are observed for behavior and ability. When they come of age and it is time for the queen to step down or the queen passes away, the one that is decided to be most worthy becomes the new queen. The rest are considered heirs to the hive, ready to step up at any given time should something unexpected happen to the queen.

Gale was born of one of these special clutches. While her clutch mate, Dynastine, was the one chosen as queen, she feared that she would be next in line should something happen. She didn't want that potential responsibility - even if nothing happened at all, well... that didn't matter. It was impulsive and it was childish of her, but Gale ultimately fled from the hive.

She turned to a lone-wolf style of living, deciding that she wouldn't return to the hive as she elected to wander the land instead. Being an intelligent creature, she knows how to silently gather love on her own accord, though more often than not she goes hungry.

She actually used to be the closest thing a changeling could be to sensitive, but she has since developed a sharp wit as a defense mechanism of sorts.

One last thing. Her hair isn't naturally pink. It's supposed to be purple, but she always enchants it into pink because she likes that color and wants to enforce her sense of individualism.

...Aaaand that's enough rambling about my own character, haha.

• Brohoof 1

I wish they would make the chrysalis arc in the comics into a episode

Or at least a nice compilation book with the whole arc in it... I really need to get around to buying and reading that arc...

Speaking of things I wish they'd make...

queen_chrysalis_a_la_monster_high_by_nem

Humanized Chrysalis doll in Monster High style! Buck yes!

I don't care if you don't like Monster High; I do and collect them with my wife

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/ao-r7322 Here is my changeling ponysona/oc. His name is Ao/Tidal Rider. Tidal Rider was the pony he was born to replace.

In my headcanon changelings as fillies stay among ponies separated from their parents as to gather honest-hearted love. Then at the moment they are ready ((when let's say they gain a cutie mark)) they are called back to the Changeling Kingdom where all the love is collected whilst the original goes back with all the memories of the changeling that was posing as itself.. Some however stay and suffer a psychological ailment called "Immersion". Immersion is a real phenomenon when a story or an experience is so captivating you become entrapped into it. Thus you might lose the grip or attention to reality and surroundings if it gets under your skin a lot.

Ever heard of proverbs like "Fake it till you make it"? or "When you wear a mask for too long you become the mask." Some changelings just lose themselves to this and may never come back.

Anyways Ao chose his name when he returned to the Changeling Kingdom. He chose it seeing as his life was full of begginings ((Alpha)) and endings ((Omega)). Alpha-Omega. Ao.

Edited by IridscentNionios
  • Brohoof 2

Or at least a nice compilation book with the whole arc in it... I really need to get around to buying and reading that arc...

Speaking of things I wish they'd make...

img-3175605-1-queen_chrysalis_a_la_monst

Humanized Chrysalis doll in Monster High style! Buck yes!

I don't care if you don't like Monster High; I do and collect them with my wife

I dislike MH but I have to admit, that outfit is really cool.

• Brohoof 3

Here is my Changelin OC named Ao
http://nioniosbbbb.deviantart.com/art/Ao-Doll-Style-by-Kaori-Warbird-489507006
http://nioniosbbbb.deviantart.com/art/Ao-Equestria-Girls-Style-By-Kaori-Warbird-489518903?q=gallery%3Anioniosbbbb&qo=0
Btw here is the Queen Chrysalis application i used in an RP recently.

Equestrian Application

Name:Queen Chrysalis

Species (Unicorn/ Pegasus/ Earth Pony/ Crystal Pony/ Changeling/ Griffin):Changeling

Approxiate Age (In human years):25

Height (Feet and inches):1.85m I don't use feet or inches and are you saying pony form here?

Weight (in pounds):130 human form. Pony form... unknown

Eye color:Soft Sea Green

Mane color:Teal

Description of your pony form:She has black skin, a sharp pair of fangs, dark green eyes with vertical, dragon-like pupils and no visible cutie mark. Interestingly, her eyes have a double pupil: a vertical, dragon-like one within a normal round one.
She has a teal mane and tail, and also seems to have a greenish saddle, blue-green rib plate, and a small, black crown tipped with blue circles. All of her hooves are full of holes in them, yet she can stand firmly on the ground. Her limbs, along with her torso, are extremely skinny.

Other distinctive features (if any):Her voice has a layered quality, as if two people were speaking in sync. That however occurs only when she has been highly empowered by magic.

Backstory (A little more about your character):The infamous Queen of the changelings. Born by Queen Amalthea and King Abectrozeus in one of the numerous changeling kingdoms Chrysalis soon witnessed the true face of changeling society. She grew together with a few other changeling nobles' fillies forging bonds with some of them. Amongst them she entrusted more the Changeling known as Cicada which became her metaphorical "sister". During that time many suitors appeared... all were repelled for their dishonest feelings and their power-hungry attitudes.

During one of the squabbles of the changeling kingdoms her father was assasinated. After interrogation the culprit confessed into being hired by one of the other kingdoms. Sealing her decision that day Chrysalis decided the destruction of all other kingdoms in order to get revenge and forge the united Changeling Empire. Together with her most trusted changelings she relentlessly hunted her opponents, killing those who resisted, and accepting the surrender of those that submitted.

During the aftermath three ancient changeling rulers showed up in spirit form. Queen Metis the cunning and wise, King Proteus the father of the changeling kin, and Nousios the blind and fair. They were the "Emotionless" ancient changeling rulers made judges of the actions of great impact their Kings and Queens did, they were called that way for they allowed no emotion to hamper their judgement. The three spirits congratulated her on the unification of their kin but warned her of the consequences should her grim and relentless behavior continue.

The unification of the empire brought prosperity but at a great toll of her own personality. The toll of having to kill so many was the turning point. Somewhere in the war Chrysalis crossed the indescernible thin red line between good and evil descending into the darkness. Despite that the Queen of the changelings bears an unending determination to serve her own kingdom, to preserve the unification she has achieved.

Thus the invasion upon Canterlot came to be. The failure and the cost of it shook the Dark Queen... but not enough as to change her ways. She realized however that it was in her best interests not to attack Equestria again. She refused to accept notions of friendship and common love bearing in mind higher forms of bonds like family. She considers herself beyond the common definition of good and evil. She is... determined. "Determination is the sword of darkness. Thunder forth Changelings!"

Then by the ancestors Avarice came. It was revealed to her that the dragon pony had made a binding contract long ago from the times the changeling kingdom was united as one. Now forced under the servitude of an enemy Queen Chrysalis marches once again against Equestria. She bears only one pleasure that she clings to amongst her thoughts of the upocoming changeling losses... the pleasure of having a good fight. She intends to coax forth all the hate and anger the ponies have for her if anything to defeat Avarice and if need be her as well. It is a sacrifice she welcomes in the prospect of changeling losses. Regardless of victory or defeat here judgement awaits her whether by the "Emotionless" or the ponies it doesn't matter... it will be a harsh one.

Description of your human form (hair and eye color will remain the same):A tall woman with enchanting green eyes. She initially appears sporting a fancy green dress with holes on it stylistically placed that compliments her light/white complexity and her physical curves. She has teal hair and lips of dark green complexity.

Cutie Mark:(N/A) Chrysalis learned long ago that her kin used to have cutie marks and was united. The reason for the fall is uncertain though it is sure it caused them to feed upon love and caused the split of the kingdom. She often wonders what her own cutie mark might be.

Headcanon time!
Crowning a King/Queen
A Queen or King is judged capable of leading the entire nation by three ancient changeling rulers. King Proteus the Overfather, Queen Metis the cunningly wise, King Nousios the blindly fair.

King Proteus-Unifier of Body
Little known fact changelings couldn't always transform. The first of the changelings to transform was Proteus. However his transformations were more related to primal materials. He could shift to stone, metals, water, air, fire. In ancient times he is said to have protected the changelings against the rampage of various forces like windigos, sirens, and others. However the casualties were too high. The changelings being a young race had little defenses against other more capable predators. During the peak of his power he scattered pieces of his body to the entirety of the changelings. The power of the transformation of the great King transfered to all changelings despite the fact that its' overall effect had been lessened. Having granted a fighting chance the spirit of the changeling King now oversees his descendants, his brethren from the planes above. He was granted the title "Unifier of body" by the changelings as his soul resides within everyone. It is said that at times the fragments act as emergency guidance, kind of like the instincts one has, protecting and preserving the race.

Queen Metis - Unifier of Hearts
Queen Metis wore the crown of King Proteus. It was believed that when she wore it the Overfather himself came to contact her and measure her abilities. Regardless Metis became a Queen. At the time the changeling kingdom was underground. Like every changeling she displayed her skills at an early age bonding with friends and family like it was natural. This bond allowed the changelings to respond mentally to each others' needs no matter how far. She however possesed the skill on another level bearing in her mind the thoughts of even a whole town! It was not to last... natural disaster struck and the changeling kingdom was besieged by the eruption of a volcano which struck the foundations of the city. Between the toxic air, the lava, and all the chaos the changelings panicked and couldn't find a way out. Forcing herself to her limits Queen Metis surpassed herself and attained the ability to communicate with them all no matter how far. This bond of a selfless heart guided the changelings to safety. It cost her life however, but the gift she gave did not get squandered. The crown was etched with her own magic and this ability became hereditary for any worthy changeling King or Queen that would wear it for enough time. Those unable would be qualified "temporarily unworthy" until they could attain the necessary levels of empathy it required to bear it. She earned the title "Unifier of Hearts" for through the crown she will always reach out to her subjects.

King Nousios - Unifier of Minds
Through the judgements of the ancient Kings there were times that the Changeling Kingdom remained without a ruler. Deception, backstabbing, and civil war plagued a kingdom struggling to be united. As a changeling Nousios was known for one thing... having his mind in the right place. Merely by watching a changeling he could tell a lot about them, just like a detective forms a potential profile about his opponent. It also granted him the chance to pierce through lies, illusions, and the such. With this ability he was able to shatter the oposition. When he was judged worthy he addressed the problem of anarchy reigning a Royal-less kingdom ((without a King or a Queen)). It was decided that as a backaup to the monarch system there would be a chain of houses that would form each portion of the kingdom, twoelve in total. With safety guaranteed even without succession Nousios proceeded to make a cultural rennaisance. Laws, education, medicine. It all flourished in an age of peace. It was not guaranteed that the changelings wouldn't squabble but through this system it was ensured that hope would always shine through. Dying in old age King Nousios joined the rest of the rulers and together they formed the trinity that now judges all future changeling rulers.

Continuing with the crowning.
The power of the crown overflows the body of the King/Queen for one week during which the applicant is transfered to the Astral Plane where the three rulers' spirits judge the applicant based on one thing.

Empathy empathy to be able to understand the body, mind, heart, of those around you whether you be friend or foe to them. To be able to understand the souls of those around you whether you are conqueror or peacekeeper.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Time for the QUEEN to get some attention now!

tumblr_n9op2kJzYv1tcou3no1_1280.png

• Brohoof 1