Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cute, Sexy or BOTH

Cwanky

full.png

Okay but really now no one should take this the wrong way but on an average whole while watching MLP:FiM, do you think of the characters as cute, attractive, BOTH or neither? I am not trying to suggest anyone here is a clopper for watching this show, but its rather undeniable that a lot of the folks that watch this show and follow the fanart and fanfiction, namely here the clopfics and often times the shipfics do so because they "clop" to the show and find the characters dare I say, sexually attractive.

Its not a surprise to me that a large portion of the fan base, brony and otherwise would fall under this category like it or not. After all bronies and the rise to fame of MLP:FiM largely originated from 4chan, a community heavily notorious for its adult and sexual content and themes. I will admit I get quite a few clop moments when I watch this show too. If you happen to "clop" to the show, its nothing to be offended by or ashamed of, be who you want to be.

Originally though and still now when I watched MLP:FiM I watched it not because I thought the characters were cute and adorable, which they are to some extent giving me diabetes and all that. I watched it and still do because I like the themes the show teaches and its character and plot development. Hell even though Applejack is bestpony in my book, I didn't even realize she was a blonde up until now. But enough of my high minded elitism.

Do you think of the characters on this show as cute or sexy, and does that influence how you watch the show? Or do you like the characters and show even w/o all those manes, voice acting and FASHION? biggrin.png

• Brohoof 8

I like the characters for who they are, and maybe the voice acting too. Looks aren't always everything but, the character and personality development is something that I'm interested in.

• Brohoof 5

I honestly find them both cute and attractive. It doesn't affect the way I view the show at all. I just simply see them as girls, and I'm attracted to girls haha. They are cute and have great personalities, so why wouldn't I be attracted to them? Although there are certain ponies I find attractive, and others that I don't really find attractive. For example, I see Fluttershy as cute, but not really attractive. Rarity or Rainbow Dash, on the other hand, I find attractive.

• Brohoof 9

Fluttershy looks irresistibly cute, her voice acting is irresistibly cute; but sexy? Nah, brah, that ain't me.

I don't think I could find a pony sexy... it's just... odd. unsure.png

• Brohoof 5

For the most part both, I think that the line between cute and sexy is a bit more thin than a lot of people give credit for. Why I find them cute or attractive is different for each pony but Applejack has always been toward the top for me on both counts she has the sexiest accent and very beautiful green eyes and adorable freckles.

• Brohoof 6

I find some cute, and some attractive. Rarity's attractive. Pinkie Pie's cute.

Blah, blah, blah.

And yes, I'm attracted to women. ;p

• Brohoof 2

The characters displayed on the screen are cute, because they're drawn that way, and their personalities compliment these designs. However, fan art demonstrates ways of drawing characters in sexier ways than what the show does, and because personalities are transferable and follow the characters through fan art, they can just as easily be sexy, too. As far as the show itself goes, they're mostly just cute.

• Brohoof 7

Both. Champ pretty much worded it exactly how I would - I find girls with great personalities attractive. These mares are, essentially, just girls with great personalities. The fact that they're of an equine form is of absolutely no issue to me.

They're cute.  I can't see how anyone would think a cartoon HORSE is attractive, but whatever XD

Pretty big difference between horses and the ponies in this show, if you think about it. No one in their right mind thinks an actual horse would be attractive; they're just animals. MLP's ponies - with sapience that enables them to have speech, wisdom, cultures, ideals and philosophies - are just as far removed from their feral roots as man is, and thus I see no reason why attractions wouldn't develop between our two intelligent species. Just my thoughts, though...hopefully that gives you a bit of insight as to the how/why of some bronies' attractions towards our favorite rainbow equines.

• Brohoof 5

Pretty big difference between horses and the ponies in this show, if you think about it. No one in their right mind thinks an actual horse would be attractive; they're just animals. MLP's ponies - with sapience that enables them to have speech, wisdom, cultures, ideals and philosophies - are just as far removed from their feral roots as man is, and thus I see no reason why attractions wouldn't develop between our two intelligent species. Just my thoughts, though...hopefully that gives you a bit of insight as to the how/why of some bronies' attractions towards our favorite rainbow equines.

It doesn't help any with understanding.  Even if they're at our level of intelligence, I still don't see how they can be attractive.  I guess that's why I'm not into the whole clopping thing.  Same with furries.  People seem to think some of the art is sexy, but I'm just seeing them as animals, although humanized, still animals.

It doesn't help any with understanding.  Even if they're at our level of intelligence, I still don't see how they can be attractive.  I guess that's why I'm not into the whole clopping thing.  Same with furries.  People seem to think some of the art is sexy, but I'm just seeing them as animals, although humanized, still animals.

I'm sorry that didn't help. I guess those who get it get it, and those who don't just don't C'est la vie. post-14546-0-63164600-1368411649.png

In the show, they're cute. Just cute. They're ponies. No boobies or anything to be found sexy. And they look extremely innocent.

R34 when they're drawn more humanish or in human form, they can be sexy. But in the show they look childish and innocent.

In the show, they're cute. Just cute. They're ponies. No boobies or anything to be found sexy. And they look extremely innocent.

R34 when they're drawn more humanish or in human form, they can be sexy. But in the show they look childish and innocent.

Forgive me if it sounds like I'm making any sort of general statement about your character, because that's not my intent, but it seems as though you're placing more emphasis on the physical attractiveness than personality. Someone needn't have "boobies" in order to be attractive (otherwise, girls with A-cups would never find love wink.png ) - all that's really necessary, for many people, is having a great personality. And I don't think anyone can argue that the characters in the show don't have that.

Edited by Lowline
  • Brohoof 1

Forgive me if it sounds like I'm making any sort of general statement about your character, because that's not my intent, but it seems as though you're placing more emphasis on the physical attractiveness than personality. Someone needn't have "boobies" in order to be attractive (otherwise, girls with A-cups would never find love wink.png ) - all that's really necessary, for many people, is having a great personality. And I don't think anyone can argue that the characters in the show don't have that.

maybe but i'm not gonna find a cartoon character without feminine body parts attractive. there's nothing realistic looking to me. it's just a pony lol.

Cute is a form of attractiveness, so it'd have to be both in some way or another. The way the ponies are depicted in the show are cute in my opinion. Drawn in specific fashions, they can be sexy as well. It all just depends on the situation.

• Brohoof 3

Well, of course they're cute, they're ponies! Some of the character designs are certainly very attractive as well, imo. Sexy though... I don't think I'd feel comfortable answering that, for the most part not really I guess. :lol:

• Brohoof 1