S04:E01+02 - Princess Twilight Sparkle

Yellow Diamond

597 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

It was pretty badass. (At least to me) I just got done watching it and it was pretty cool how we got to take a look at how Discord vanished and the original EOH in the use. Personally it was just a really good episode and I hope for more in the future (Especially that Power Ponies episode, totally gonna love that)

• Brohoof 1

I saw and wow was I blown away, there was so much mystery and build up, so to see that followed up was magnificent, in some way it felt like a Studio Ghibli, Hayao Miyazaki film were there is an abstract foe, such as an spirit or the enviornment, in this case the Everfree Forest, it also felt like Stephen King as the story was partially told in flashback to provide exposition and back story, in conclusion this was a fantastic première so much thought was put in the story and humour a la Discord, and the animation was stunning, I can wait to see more season four. 

• Brohoof 2

Well, I absolutely loved the Return of Harmony episodes... Are those adventure-y? I really haven't disliked an episode yet until this one. The story just seemed non-existent... Maybe I'm overlooking something as usual.

Nah it's normal to dislike an episode. There were some things in here I didn't like either, I just overlook them though. Mayhaps the other episodes may prove differently. 

What? No. I dislike that she did something she only would  be able to do if she were good at flying, but twilight is new to flying and she shouldn't be able to do that. But again, whatever

Yeah they really went with that "Oh Twilight can't fly properly" idea and didn't do anything with it? That's what probably made it feel rushed and incomplete.

I'll admit the box with six keyholes thing is interesting. I fully expected them to pull the keys out of nowhere and open it during the final minute of the episode and find some sort of panda-throwing device. :P

Still, not gonna let this get me down about season 4. I'm still looking forward to the rest of the season. :)

Why does the new chest have 6 locks and not 5?
One of each of the mane 6 if you're referring to the fact that I called them the mane 5, that's what call them when 1 of the mane 6 isn't their or I'm talking about all of them but 1.

I loved everything about it! There was some comedy sprinkled in with a lot of darkness and seriousness, and all the backstory with the original EOH and the vanishing of both NM and Discord was insanely awesome! I bet I speak for a lot of bronies when I say I can't wait for the next episode!

I didn't get to watch the whole thing between bad internet (which was to be expected while one is sitting along side a highway) and freaking commercials every few minutes (also expected) but I got the jist of what was going on. I'll get the full story when it hits YouTube later

Megan McCarthy confirmed that Season 4 will have a season-long plot.

Therefore, we can assume that they'll get the keys in random episodes throughout the season and they'll open the box in the last episode.

Woohoo!!!

I really hope that the other episodes in season 4 are going to be like some episodes in season 1 and solve normal life problems and focus less on action happy.png

oh and about those 6 keys... I hope they go on adventures to find them!

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 2

that was AWESOME! Spoilerous review in the spoilers.

Wow! Okay, first things first, Twilight SUCKS at flying laugh.png I expect that's something she'll be working on through the season. But the new openning, holy horseapples that was FANTASTIC! The CMC are in it!!!! biggrin.png:D:D Seems their role in the show is gonna grow. Also, Sweetie Belle continues to grow in magic, as indicated about her horn. Giving up the Elements was also another HUGE step in the show. TBH, I'm not sure I trust Discord without them. And speaking of Discord, that song of his? It was a few lines of Winter Wrap-Up. Total troll moment XD And with that ending, I suspect the show is moving more into episodic rather than anthology, meaning I CAN'T miss a show even more than before now. The only gripe I have is that NMM didn't sound as.... NNMoony. And Luna sounded too much like Rarity. :/

Edited by Dinos4Ever

That was not only the best season opener, but the two best episodes to date.

+10 Points Explaining TEOH

Also, did anypony else notice the exceptional animation, and I can't believe I am saying this; SHADING! When the main cast stood by the stain glass windows, there was actual shading.

The writers and animators pulled all the stops on this one.

*brohoof*

I was actually quite impressed with it as well. Now I must see it again to check if the shading was consistent or only in that part. I think it was consistent, though, because the episode really felt that it had a lot of screen depth.

• Brohoof 1

You know, if there was one thing about the episode that I didn't like, it'd be that there was a bit too much standing around. I mean, I know that they were just waiting for Twilight to go through the flashback milk, which was amazing and everything, but it should have been inherently obvious that the trouble was coming from the forest which was, like invading.just saying, they probably could have found what was happening without all that, but perhaps then they wouldn't have understood what to do with the Tree of Harmony then. :huh:

Other than that, I really had no problems with 'Princess Twilight Sparkle'- the plot was nice with some nice overarching time action, the characters were as strong as ever, and the ending... seriously, with that box there will probably be some sort of continuous plot throughout the season, can't wait to see what they do with that. :D

(Oh and the new intro, it's better I guess, still not a fan of the theme though)

• Brohoof 6

Exactly what I was thinking. Maybe some ultimate evil will show up at the end of season 4 and whatever is inside the box will help destroy it.

So in the long run Discord helped! lol

Does this mean we will see a rebooted Tirek/Grogar as finale villain?

Overshading was kind of annoying becuase it killed the idea that they are all pastel colored, anywho i was also pretty disappointed since there wasn't any song, this seriously needed a song tbh. Discord was annoying rather than ironic. Epic powers everywhere xD a bit too much. Though i liked the episode :)  

These two episodes did not disappoint. I think this is in my top 10 episodes now. I'm still a bit confused, but from what I can gather that was amazing. My only complaint is that it felt a bit rushed. My favorite parts are the NMM flashback, Discord in the maid outfit, and when Twilight was told to go back to Ponyville. I just love emotional moments in episodes. happy.png I'm so excited and happy that they're doing a season long story arc. I love that they're changing up the formula this season.

I'll admit the box with six keyholes thing is interesting. I fully expected them to pull the keys out of nowhere and open it during the final minute of the episode and find some sort of panda-throwing device. tongue.png

Still, not gonna let this get me down about season 4. I'm still looking forward to the rest of the season. smile.png

Yes it seems a bit predictable that whatever it is, it's a deus ex machinia device of some sort. Who knows though. maybe the staff might throw a curve ball at us at whatever is inside may be evil. Celestia said she herself didn't know what it was so it could be literally anything. Good or bad.

I'm already starting theories for the finale.

• Brohoof 2