S04:E01+02 - Princess Twilight Sparkle

Yellow Diamond

598 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I was waiting for a song and that's my only disappointment with these two episodes.

However, other than that it was AMAZING. They really fit the flashbacks in very well, I love it how they modified the intro, and of-course they really improved there animating and action sequences. I'm looking forward to the next 24 episodes! :-)

• Brohoof 2

All I have to say about those first two episodes is that I truly wasn't disappointed with what I saw, I just loved seeing into the past a bit and found the premiere to be fairly enjoyable.

Edit: Also, CROCODILLY! Jeez AJ why? xD

Edited by Vinyl Scratch (Filly)™
  • Brohoof 1

This was so GOOD.

Ohmygosh the drama with Luna and Celestia and the battle! And Twili cying! HNGG! The emotion was portrayed wonderfully!

Nightmare_Moon_laughing_S04E01.jpg

Discord was so great... I laughed so hard when Gummy was his nail-filer... oh, poor baby toothless alligator! 

Edited by IncognitoKiwoy

Meh...all that hype and I don't get to fully enjoy the premiere. It just sorta...happened. My parents watched it alongside me, upping the stress level and forcing me to remain stone-faced throughout the whole thing. Anyway. Observations:

Even though Twilight is still the same pony, having her fly around just kills her as the character we've seen for the last three seasons. She's just not the same.

The relinquishing of the Elements of Harmony I found most intriguing. They are just gems after all. 

Also, did anyone else notice the amount of shots where the characters are back-lit? For some reason, I found this sublime lighting technique most interesting.

I dunno. I might need to re-watch the whole thing by myself or just let the whole thing simmer.

From what I was actually able to watch of it ( stupid live streams ) I must say its one of the best I've seen so far; in my opinion at least.

But what I really love about this episode is that we finally know why Discord had to be reformed, with the Elements of Harmony gone, Discord will have to protect Equestria now, that is if they can get him too. But I ultimately loved to finally see Discord again and hope we see him a little more often now.

• Brohoof 2

I loved it immensely. I thought the episode flowed really well, though as usual there will always be people who'll claim the entire thing was rushed. Only real nitpick I can think up both involve Zecora's potion. I know willing suspension of disbelief, but she just happened to have a magic potion that just happened to need to be charged by alicorn magic and just happened to be the one thing to get the plot moving? Yeah...

On the note of the "Alicorn Magic" actually...why did it look like dark magic? It was the same color of magic Sombra used and Twilight was clearly straining to use it like she did in the Crystal Empire. Was Sombra actually using Alicorn magic? Or did the animators just get lazy? 

• Brohoof 1

Looks like we may get our wish and get a over-arcing plot this season, something happened that looks suspiciously like a setup for one. I'm kinda hopeful because I'm of the minority that really likes the fantasy/adventure episodes over the slice-of-life ones. Getting a season that's nothing but that kind of content would pretty much be my dream season.

I dunno, but I didn't post it here, just in case it wasn't allowed? Copyright I guess... I'm probably being stupid and have no clue what I'm talkin' bout, though lol.

Well, it is gonna disappear on Monday though, so I guess it's okay. Besides, it's for the people who lost it, I'm not profiting for it or anything. :P

• Brohoof 1

Out of the mane six I would have to say I enjoyed Applejack a lot in this episode. She had her time to shine as well! My brother and I laughed quite a lot from her!

If all goes wrong, just make a lasso out of vines. 

I would probably fan-girl over the whole Luna and Celestia and Twilight thing, but I've done that enough already. :P

Probably now my favorite episodes. 

Oh Discord, you comedian, you!

• Brohoof 2

That was... awesome! I'm still in a bit of shock, after such a long wait and to finally see it. Also, I missed a lot due to poorly timed livestream ads, so I can't wait to rewatch in full quality.

The pacing felt a bit odd while watching it, but I think it will only get better the more times I see it. Validated a lot of my headcanon, and only broke one fun time travel story idea I had but was unlikely to ever write tongue.png And best of all, no big disasters! Celestia not going anywhere. And even better, treating Twilight as an equal biggrin.png Twilestia shipping that much closer to canon yay.png

Speaking of shipping, there was quite a bit, with Rarity obsessing over Twilight, and Rainbow protecting Fluttershy from the plants.

Twilight taking acid to have visions was kind of icky.

I like the tree of harmony. Magic trees are always cool. Reminds me of Avatar. And sort of Secret of Mana, except that it's small, so it probably won't get blown up (seriously, has a giant tree ever survived to the end of a story?). Good way to get rid of the elements of harmony so they can't be used to solve every little problem, and to do it in a positive way.

The NMM scene was very well animated. That shot Celestia took looked really painful. I was a little disappointed how quickly she resorted to banishment. But she did look dead there for a while, so it definitely wasn't too fast... just not as much hesitance as I would have liked.

Well, youtube finished downloading, so time to watch it again biggrin.png

• Brohoof 4

I thought it was good for what it's worth.

I mean it wasn't perfect and some things held it back like Twilight being convinced she should have her friends do the work for her because she's a princess and she has to go back tot own where it's safe (even though it isn't)

Though  a lot of other things made it really enjoyable like Discord, the animation and the plot points.

• Brohoof 1