Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's in the box? SPECULATION THREAD (S4 Premier Spoilers)

Doctor XFizzle

113 users have voted

1. 1. What's in the 6-key diamond-shaped box?

• New Elements of Harmony
    • Cutie Mark Crusaders' cutie marks
    • Some item for the good guys
    • Some item for evil/bad guys
    • a severed head (lol Seven)
    • Other (explain in post)

What do you think is in the box? 

Predict what it is and at the end of the season we can give cookies to those who were right. Only the chocolate chips to those who were close.

Early guess is some new form of the Elements

Edited by Doctor XFizzle
  • Brohoof 4

I think it will be a big threat to fight for Equestria.

Something that Celestia's and Luna's parents have sealed in the box and even the Day and Night princesses have no clue what it is.

Something that could destroy the tree of harmony...

Perhaps G1's rainbow of darkness...

I'm sure everyone here would say it's something that's used against evil entities. And said evil entity will show up at the finale of season 4. The item will be used to defeat the evil being as a deus ex machinia device.

As predictable as the scenario sounds like; I think differently and the staff will throw us a curve ball. The box will contain something that's very evil. Maybe some demon beast from Tartarus or something even worse. It could be something Celestia and Luna's parents sealed away as Celestia doesn't even know whats in it so obviously it's before her time.

It could be anything........good or bad.

Edited by Tyler Blu Gunderson
  • Brohoof 3

There was an ad during the stream and I missed the whole box part.   What happened exactly?

In short they gave the Elements of Harmony to the Tree of Harmony so that the Everfree forest would stop growing. Once the elements were placed back on the tree Celestia and Luna were released and once united with Twilight the tree grew a giant flower at the base of the trunk the flower opened and inside was a chest with 6 sides, each side had a unique lock on it. So the next step is finding the keys to unlock whatever is inside. 

Also I didn't get any interruptions from ads because of a free browser plugin called adblock which is super handy. Might be worth looking into.

When something is locked away it's usually because it's really important or something really dangerous. Because it came from the tree of Harmony though I don't think it would be anything dangerous. Sun, Moon and Stars together to create a....uh....damn, I'm not sure what it could be. I am expecting there to be a twist though. 

Edited by Bucky_McGillycuddy

@, Did we just say the exact same thing at the same time ?

I think so lol

I mean I personally think something evil that Celestia and Luna's parents sealed away is in the box. It makes more sense to me that way with the given info.

• Brohoof 1

As it comes from the Tree of Harmony, which not only led to the creation of the Elements of Harmony but even without them had more than enough magical energy to hold back the Everfree Forest for over a thousand years, I'm thinking it's a huge source of magical energy. Something possibly older than Equestria itself that can only be released when those chosen have proven themselves. Hence the keys, which I highly doubt will be a cake-walk to acquire.     

• Brohoof 3

Guys it's obviously a secret string and when you pull the secret string, it reveals the secret compartment, revealing one embarrassing snapshot of Twilight at the Christmas party! HAHAHAHAHA!

In all seriousness I really don't know, though I think it;s leading up to something at the end of the season

• Brohoof 8

I'd guess the same, maybe some new artifact to take the place of the elements as Equestria's new line of defense. Considering the tree was lit up with all eight marks(The Mane Sixes', and well as the sisters) it could be some kind of single object with a culmination of all the elements power. The keys could be a way for each element bearer to somehow prove themselves by earning theirs.    

• Brohoof 2

I voted "a severed head (lol Seven)".  Then again, if it's a severed pony head, wouldn't that be more of a Godfather reference?

Mobsters always come up with the best pranks! img-2028697-1-laugh.png

Edited by SolarFox
Removed objectionable material

It can be Walt Disney's frozen head for all I care, just as long as it isn't another batch of Elements. That would weaken the impact of this story's ending and ruin some great potential for storytelling that doesn't rely on those macguffins.

• Brohoof 1

I want to say a new element, but one even greater!
Mostly because the other choices are sorta unlikely. lol

Call me stupid all you want, but it sounds like a possibility...I mean, what else is expected of the Tree of Harmony?

Why else would it be sealed up so? 
Could be something other than, but i'll stick with this until proven otherwise. :3

My first thought.

Pumv22D.gif

I'm sort of hoping it isn't some new elements-type-thing. The main reason is I didn't like how the elements were the solution to everything in the past. Nightmare Moon? Rainblast. King Sombra? Rainblast. Discord? Rainblast. This is why I'm hopeful that in this season the writers will be more creative and find other ways.

If we get new elements from the box it will give the writers their old scapegoat again.

EDIT: Not that it would be absolutely terrible for the elements to come back I suppose. Also, I realized that I provided no speculation on what else it actually could be. The answer lies in S4, I suppose. If I have any ideas I'll come back to this thread.

Edited by Sky Chaser
  • Brohoof 2

I believe it's some kind of macguffin or deus ex machina, that would be the new elements of harmony, or magic power in the form of horns/wings for the remainder mane six, that's what I believe yet I have no idea what plot twist in the second reel could unveil. Or some kind of Pandora's Box and unfurl pestilence on Equestria, for all we know there is an disembodied head or muffins inside, the possibilities are superfluous, and speculation will mount through out season four, we just have to want and wait, however I will pleased for the reveal.  

• Brohoof 1