Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Geek0zoid

I'll be honest; I loved the season 4 premiere episodes. Though, I will be honest, the ending felt a little underwhelming to me. You remember those seeds coming out of the Everfree Forest that were actually planted by Discord? Well, he explains at the end of the episode that he planted the seeds thousands of years ago to cover the Tree of Harmony. But, as we've seen, even after all of those years, they JUST NOW start to grow...

That feels like a weak explanation to me.

What do you guys think?

They had a minute to wrap up the episode. It was incredibly rushed, and the Sparklebook made no sense, and came out of nowhere.

Definitely could have been handled better.

Edited by Rinku
  • Brohoof 2

They had a minute to wrap up the episode. It was incredibly rushed, and the Sparklebook made no sense, and came out of nowhere.

Definitely could have geen handled better.

They could've gone into overtime. Lots of shows do that.

The episode was pretty rushed in pace, I mean the writers had enough time to at least do some editing to the episode pacing wise. But, we got the final product.

Well, now, it's canon, and we'll have to live with it forever.

I'm very interested in what is in that box. I hope that nothing isn't what's in the box, and that the whole point of the box is to unite the mane 6 under friendship, to prove they don't need the elements of harmony to be united.

Also...no more elements of harmony. This shall be interesting, indeed.

I'm very interested in what is in that box. I hope that nothing isn't what's in the box, and that the whole point of the box is to unite the mane 6 under friendship, to prove they don't need the elements of harmony to be united.

Also...no more elements of harmony. This shall be interesting, indeed.

Interesting.

Plus, they need to find 6 keys.

Six elements, six keys...

Huh.

• Brohoof 1

The ending was honestly just about the only real gripe I had with the episode. It was cut short way too abruptly.
I didn't have any problems with the so called "sparkleboom", because it was already clarified by M.A. Larson that it had nothing to do with sonic booms, and everything to do with magic.
You can calm down now, Dashie fanboys.

Edited by Bron-Yr-Aur
  • Brohoof 2

well when people say rushed did this need to be a 3-4 parter?

I was happy enough.  But hay if your saying "we needed more"

my biggest bitch was the episode ended LOL

so sure,

I would take more.i think they made 40 mins plus count.  But i would be ripping my hair out with anticipation if they next episode was a direct continuation.

Edited by FNGRpony

I think that the episode would have worked a lot better without using Discord and those seeds. If they just wanted to take the Elements away from the girls (which I would have hated, if not for the reason I'm about to explain...), they could just have said that the tree was getting weak and that those vines where just plants from the forest going out of control.

The fact that they put Discord in the middle AND removed the Elements make me think that there is something interesting coming our way. Maybe Discord is going villain again, but this time, no Elements to turn him to stone (the emphasized this use of the elements in the episode).

But, as we've seen, even after all of those years, they JUST NOW start to grow... That feels like a weak explanation to me.

I'm OK with that, since Discord explained it pretty well: The Tree of Harmony stopped them from growing with his powerful magic. At least as long as it had enough magic to do it. But since Celestia and Luna took the Elements of Harmony from the tree, its magic was becoming gradually weaker and weaker. And, ultimately, it couldn't stop these seeds of chaos anymore.

The other thing is, could it be actually planned by Discord? He might just tell that he originally planned them to grow earlier, but to be able to plan that, he needed to know about the existence of the Tree of Harmony in the first place, and about its magical capability. Gah, he even mentioned it in the episode that these seeds were supposed to steal the magic from the Tree, so he must have known about the Tree being there.

• Brohoof 2

I'm OK with that, since Discord explained it pretty well: The Tree of Harmony stopped them from growing with his powerful magic. At least as long as it had enough magic to do it. But since Celestia and Luna took the Elements of Harmony from the tree, its magic was becoming gradually weaker and weaker. And, ultimately, it couldn't stop these seeds of chaos anymore.

The other thing is, could it be actually planned by Discord? He might just tell that he originally planned them to grow earlier, but to be able to plan that, he needed to know about the existence of the Tree of Harmony in the first place, and about its magical capability. Gah, he even mentioned it in the episode that these seeds were supposed to steal the magic from the Tree, so he must have known about the Tree being there.

Oh i could bitch about this.  what stopped them from ganking the elements back out again?

or more over what the buck didn't celestail and luna return the damn elements in the first God damn place after they were done.

"Okay taking these is very dangerous."

After zapping discord luna turns to Celetial

Luna

"Sooo i'm reckon we should return these now."

Celestail

"nah i got a feeling something else is gonna piss me off soon."

Luna

"and than?"

Celestial

"your starting to be that thing sister."

• Brohoof 1

Just came to me I kind of feel for Trixie now twilight has really showed her up and in her own area show magic.

After zapping discord luna turns to Celetial Luna "Sooo i'm reckon we should return these now." Celestail "nah i got a feeling something else is gonna piss me off soon." Luna "and than?" Celestial "your starting to be that thing sister."

kind of paints Celestia in a poor light.

It still feels unsatisfying to me, as if they just thought up this explanation at the very last second.

Overall the episode really worked and did what it needed to do. However, I do agree that the pacing in part two was not very good, especially the whole Everfree Forest scene. Now I agree with Applejack that putting Twilight in danger was a bad idea, but her not being there was also a really bad idea. Sometimes leaders must lead from the front and even die to protect their people. It's counterintuitive but true. What they should have done is have Twilight take a deep breath and say, "I appreciate your concern. I do. But I won't leave my friends and sometimes a leader must lead from the front."

Discord was fun so I can't really disagree with including him except for the peptalk scene. That wasn't needed if the prior scenes were written better.

My favorite scene was Twilight's aerial breakdown! LOL I love the wings.

post-13827-0-00183900-1385472017_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nature's Spell

We weren't given any clues to speculate on. I hate being given something ambiguous without being provided a speculative bone to gnaw on. I like what it promises for the future, but the open-ended nature frustrates me somewhat.

Also, it shows that the writers will be toying with a new narrative structure, so there will be some level of experimenting in that respect. So, there is promise, but it's a little too ambiguous for my taste.

I watched this episode again, and it doesn't hold up as well in the second viewing and the explanation for everything and the way it's resolved is part of why, I think. There's a lot of build up for something that wraps up very neatly (Discord planted the seeds a thousand years ago and they just happen to be sprouting now? Really?).

I watched this episode again, and it doesn't hold up as well in the second viewing and the explanation for everything and the way it's resolved is part of why, I think. There's a lot of build up for something that wraps up very neatly (Discord planted the seeds a thousand years ago and they just happen to be sprouting now? Really?).

That's what I said!

It doesn't make sense. What kind of plant takes 1000 years to grow?

Nit picking every last error to death is not Helpful every story out there has some thing wrong with it  perhaps the questions will be answered latter possibly never.

Has anyone besides me notices that Luna aside from her rebellion thing was the voice of caution?

• Brohoof 1

Just came to me I kind of feel for Trixie now twilight has really showed her up and in her own area show magic.

kind of paints Celestia in a poor light.

It sure does, doesn't it.

She cracks them out in a dire situation, okay, than keeps them out,

and the very next time she uses them is on her sister.

How else would you spin that?  And those are just the times we know about.  I mean are you suggesting she kept them for 1000 years and only used them twice?

I mean there are those other pony statues in her royal garden.

The overall ending was a bit quick but I enjoyed it. I actually was not thinking it was Discord after a while but it was extremely delayed evil on his part, which was great because he had to defend that given that he is reformed. Also, the Sparkboom was random but pretty neat. :catface: I seen nothing majorly wrong with it overall.

• Brohoof 2

The overall ending was a bit quick but I enjoyed it. I actually was not thinking it was Discord after a while but it was extremely delayed evil on his part, which was great because he had to defend that given that he is reformed. Also, the Sparkboom was random but pretty neat. :catface: I seen nothing majorly wrong with it overall.

Me neither.

I'm just nitpicking the minor flaws because that's what I do.

I'm Mr.Critical :P