Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rarity as Princess

Seaweed-Headed Dragon

Many people hate Rarity it seems, which is odd because I love her :wub:  

It's extremely unlikely but just wondering, how people would feel if Rarity became princess. 

Pretty sure most people would hate it but what are your thoughts?

Who cares about what other people hate and don't hate?

That shouldn't affect your opinion on Rarity :D Just stay by her side, man. We did it through Season 3, we can do it all the way through. :D

I'd also support it if the others got there too, or else it'd just be poor plot and would multiply the hate.

But she's already a princess in my mind.

Rarity = Celestia.

Have you seen Celestia's necklace?!?!?!

(I'm not serious about this, btw. But seriously, Celestia's necklace...)

Edited by ~Sadistic ghostfk39~
  • Brohoof 3

https://twitter.com/mlp_Parasol/status/405710946590400512/photo/1

I'd say she'd certainly look even more fabulous as a princess. But I just don't think it should be done. If they make Rarity a princess they have to make all of them princesses. That would just cause more hate and serious discussions. :(

But who knows what the writers will do? Personally I just don't think the rest have enough qualities and characteristics to be a princess. Twilight just seems to fit the bill in a way. She always takes leadership and as explained by Celestia in MMC has displayed the true qualities of a princess. The others not so much. They may display some characteristics but not all.

So for my conclusion. If Rarity gets turned into a princess, all of them must too but I just don't think they're ready for that. So I don't see Rarity as a princess or either of them for that matter. Sorry Rarity fans. I just don't think she's ready  :(

Edited by Pink Mist
  • Brohoof 5

Rarity has always dreamed of being one of Canterlot's elite, so it wouldn't be a surprise if she wanted to be a princess. I wouldn't hate it if Rarity became a princess, in due time.

rarity___princess_platinum___shock_by_lo

• Brohoof 1

My question is... Why? What has Rarity ever really done to make her worthy of being a princess? I can say the same about all the mane six really... None of them really should be princesses, because they haven't done anything big enough on their own to make them worthy of being one...

• Brohoof 1

She'd love it, as long as her duties don't interfere with her passion for design.  I mean, she loves being a trendsetter, think of how she'd be if she were the *ultimate* trendsetter. 

And as much as she loves it, she wouldn't put it ahead of her friends, though.

• Brohoof 2

Well she was kind of a Alicorn before twilight (what with her magic butterfly wings and all ;P)

I thin it would bring out the worst in her. She acts like royalty, but not like the current princesses in the show.

For her sake, I wouldn't like to make her a princess, it might just ruin who she is!

• Brohoof 1

Even if cosmetically rarity might be pretty as a princess, I don't think logically she should be one.

Since we already have twilight, and I just dunno if it would make sense. Not to mention it seems royalty is almost all alicorns.

Also I think rarity is a great character, I just don't think she needs to be a princess, it would either be weird, or just pointless, or an awkward place in between I feel.

It might look pretty, but looks ain't everything :P.

• Brohoof 2

Rarity wants to be a princess for the wrong reasons. Princesses in Equestria mean something far different than what we think of in our world or what Rarity may have in mind. Rarity just wants to be popular as popular can be. Making her mark in high society. ;)

Edited by Nature's Spell
  • Brohoof 1

I don't think Rarity or any of the others should become a princess in the show, but just considering the scenario is interesting.

I think that like @ said, it would bring out the worst in her at first, but MLP is all about learning lessons so I think she would end up being a good princess. Everyone is always complaining that Rarity doesn't represent her element very well and I think becoming a princess would finally give her an opportunity to learn how to be more generous. She might not be the best leader, but she would be benevolent in the end.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think Rarity or any of the others should become a princess in the show, but just considering the scenario is interesting.

I think that like @ said, it would bring out the worst in her at first, but MLP is all about learning lessons so I think she would end up being a good princess. Everyone is always complaining that Rarity doesn't represent her element very well and I think becoming a princess would finally give her an opportunity to learn how to be more generous. She might not be the best leader, but she would be benevolent in the end.

It's the reason that she can learn from it that it wouldn't surprise me if they did an episode where she as a princess for a day beucase twilight when away for some reason.

Even throught she was just filling in, power goes to her head or whatever and then she learns. Might make a good pep!

It would be a lot of fun to watch how she fit into the role. I think before long she'd be trying to educate Luna and Celestia on how to behave like a princess.

I could really see this being the subject of an episode. For one reason or another Rarity has to take Celestia's place for a period of time, and she has to learn that being a princess is not all about regality and fashion. It'd be great.

• Brohoof 1

it wouldn't be a surprise if she wanted to be a princess.

No, it's not a surprise at all.

Because she has declared a wish to become a princess herself.

In "Ticket Master" already.

Rarity: Him. I would stroll through the gala, and everyone would wonder, "Who is that mysterious mare?" They would never guess that I was just a simple pony from little old Ponyville. Why, I would cause such a sensation that I would be invited for an audience with Princess Celestia herself, and the princess would be so taken with the style and elegance that she would introduce me to him, her nephew: the most handsome, eligible unicorn stallion in Canterlot. Our eyes would meet, our hearts would melt. Our courtship would be magnificent. He would ask for my hoof in marriage, and of course I would say, "Yes!" We would have a royal wedding, befitting a princess, which is [giggles] what I would become upon marrying him, the stallion of my dreams.

Edited by Declen

Princess by marriage that works for me now if rarity could find a prince that's not a total jerk. don't know I think she would do ok with the responsibility. and no I don't think wings would pop out of her side after the vows.

Princess by marriage that works for me now if rarity could find a prince that's not a total jerk. don't know I think she would do ok with the responsibility. and no I don't think wings would pop out of her side after the vows.

I feel like if she became princess because of a prince, She would have too much control, or at least think she had more control than she really had XD. 

But that is a good idea, Introduce a new prince  ^_^

She could look the part but not be the part.

Maybe she could be Twilight's body double for public appearances when Twilight would rather read than deal with Canterlot high society XD

No, it's not a surprise at all.

Because she has declared a wish to become a princess herself.

In "Ticket Master" already.

Oh yeah, that I forgot about. I don't really hate change but, sometimes it's not needed.

Yo, don't you remember Rarity when she was popular? What do you think she'd be like as a princess. I'm pretty sure if she was made a princess instead of Twi-Twi, she would be overwhelmed with her duties and trying to make everyone so happy that she forgot about her friends. 

Appearance wise, she would be gorgeous . 

I think one of two things would happen.

1. she would be one of the most obnoxious, diva princesses ever. She would completely geek out on being royalty, would embrace her ability to be freely spoiled and it would be annoying.

2. She would expect 1 to happen but would either be put to shame by what it causes her to be and breaks free from it or the responsibilities of her job (especially the looking after other people part) would crush her.

That's my analysis. i for one think that it would be best for her not to be a princess unless they use it as a horrific teaching method to break her of her spoiledness

Spoilers! Dont read if you have not watched season 4 yet!

Anyways now that i have warned peoples what i belive that will happen is the castle that used to be celestia and lunas old castle will be restored and they will find the rest of the main six worthy of becoming princesses and they (including the beloved rarity) will now be canterlot royalty along with twilight sparkle and reside in that castle being princesses of each of their elements.