Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming A Gaming Thread

GrooveBroove

I'm a fan but I've only played 1, 2 and 3. I haven't even beaten the third one cuz my disc is so scratched up it's impossible to get past a certain point. I was almost done with it too. :(

That's horrible to hear. 3 is my next favorite aside from the very first.

(MGS1 is my favorite game of all time)

MGS is one of my favorite series. I played through all of them multiple times, except for Peace Walker. My absolute favorite was Sons of Liberty, even though everyone hates it for one reason or another.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

MGS is one of my favorite series. I played through all of them multiple times, except for Peace Walker. My absolute favorite was Sons of Liberty, even though everyone hates it for one reason or another.

Most people are just still sour about the raiden switch-up even now.

But to be honest i'm a little sad we'll never really see anything like that ever again.

It was kept pretty mum until the game was actually released.

MGS3's story was amazing, MGS2 had the best gameplay, MGS1 had the best bosses imo.

However, all three are so close to the others in all of those departments that really they are just equal in my eyes.

• Brohoof 1

Most people are just still sour about the raiden switch-up even now.

But to be honest i'm a little sad we'll never really see anything like that ever again.

It was kept pretty mum until the game was actually released.

I don't exactly recall the marketing prior to its release, but wasn't the tanker stage with Snake used as the demo? That would surely be a disappointment to play part of a game thinking the story revolved around a main character, then to be the victim of a bait-and-switch. Actually it shouldn't have really mattered if you think about it, since Snake had only been in one game before (not counting the pre-Playstation titles).

Aside from that, everyone I know was ticked at how overly deep the game was, with all the surreal plot elements and 45-minute cutscenes about human nature and existentialism. Maybe it was too big of a message for a game about hiding around corners and shooting people, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Brohoof 1

I don't exactly recall the marketing prior to its release, but wasn't the tanker stage with Snake used as the demo? That would surely be a disappointment to play part of a game thinking the story revolved around a main character, then to be the victim of a bait-and-switch. Actually it shouldn't have really mattered if you think about it, since Snake had only been in one game before (not counting the pre-Playstation titles).

Aside from that, everyone I know was ticked at how overly deep the game was, with all the surreal plot elements and 45-minute cutscenes about human nature and existentialism. Maybe it was too big of a message for a game about hiding around corners and shooting people, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Exactly I know a lot of people like that.

Who had trouble grasping some of the plots or the very long cutscenes.

But if you ask me that's part of what makes these games so special!

That's one reason MGS2 was amazing. They managed to blow my mind about the founding fathers. LOL

Tell me, is MGS3D just MGS3 remade on 3DS or is it a different game? Before the release it never once said which it was.

• Brohoof 1

That's one reason MGS2 was amazing. They managed to blow my mind about the founding fathers. LOL

Tell me, is MGS3D just MGS3 remade on 3DS or is it a different game? Before the release it never once said which it was.

Its MGS3 Subsistence on the 3DS with some minor tweaks here and there.

Such as being able to crouch and walk ala mgs4 and taking pictures for use as camo.

It's pretty awesome on the 3DS especially with the circle pad pro

My favorite of the series is Snake Eater, Naked Snake is just an awesome, determined character. (Even if he is basically Solid Snake) And the story is much more James Bond like with a healthy dose of Cold War paranoia thrown in. I wont spoil anything for those who havent played it, but Boss's storyline is a thing of beauty, and requires multiple play throughs to truly appreciate.

You know, I didn't even know MGS3's snake was Big Boss until someone told me. It never connected with me. xD

I always thought it was Snake when he was a rookie. lol

I still want MGS4 so bad. :(

Now I know what to get on 3DS though besides Tales of the Abyss and the two Resident Evil games. :D

• Brohoof 1

You know, I didn't even know MGS3's snake was Big Boss until someone told me. It never connected with me. xD

I always thought it was Snake when he was a rookie. lol

I still want MGS4 so bad. :(

Now I know what to get on 3DS though besides Tales of the Abyss and the two Resident Evil games. :D

Excellent Choices!

My favorite of the series is Snake Eater, Naked Snake is just an awesome, determined character. (Even if he is basically Solid Snake) And the story is much more James Bond like with a healthy dose of Cold War paranoia thrown in. I wont spoil anything for those who havent played it, but Boss's storyline is a thing of beauty, and requires multiple play throughs to truly appreciate.

Very True. Snake Eater is such an amazing game.

Though MGS1 on PS1 will always be my favortie. Especially since it has to do a lot with playing it as a kid.

So it has a huge nostalgia bonus for me. I pop that game in and beat it at minimum once a year. Enjoying it just as much as the last time.

I REALLY want to no more about what this means for the next MGS game

Kojima said in an interview for metal gear rising that he was going to make mgs5 about the boss during the invasion of Normandy but he felt the team was new and wasn't confident to handle that big of title so he gave them a spin off (MGR) to work off of. When he said that it made me me gusta.

• Brohoof 1

Kojima said in an interview for metal gear rising that he was going to make mgs5 about the boss during the invasion of Normandy but he felt the team was new and wasn't confident to handle that big of title so he gave them a spin off (MGR) to work off of. When he said that it made me me gusta.

I recall that but it looks like everything might be changing now.

Since platinum games is working on rising after kojima wasn't liking how rising was developing.

Than with this concept it seems he's not going to be working on that idea.

What im hoping for is another lead in to Big Boss story that will HOPEFULLY end up getting us to a remake of metal gear 1 and 2.

The MSX games that majority of people haven't even played. Considering just how old they are. Hell i'm a huge MGS fan and I haven't even beaten those games.

• Brohoof 1

I recall that but it looks like everything might be changing now.

Since platinum games is working on rising after kojima wasn't liking how rising was developing.

Than with this concept it seems he's not going to be working on that idea.

What im hoping for is another lead in to Big Boss story that will HOPEFULLY end up getting us to a remake of metal gear 1 and 2.

The MSX games that majority of people haven't even played. Considering just how old they are. Hell i'm a huge MGS fan and I haven't even beaten those games.

I remember seeing on an interview that peace walker 2 is planned to be on the new fox engine but I don't know how true its. Anyway I would love to see a remake of the MSX games, they have a lot of potential, and it would be nice to see Snake during his physical peak which was probably when the MSX games took place.

Edited by Strafe

I remember seeing on an interview that peace walker 2 is planned to be on the new fox engine but I don't know how true its. Anyway I would love to see a remake of the MSX games, they have a lot of potential, and it would be nice to see Snake during his physical peak which was probably when the MSX games took place.

EXACTLY!

It'd be great to see snake as a rookie and starting out, not to mention it'll signify event's in the later games for a lot of people.

Since a lot pf the games refer to big boss or the things he's done numerous time and those didn't get any sort of impact to the player until MGS3 and the other prequel games came out.

Since when 3 came out people could actually learn about the character himself and understand everything that was going on and why he's such a huge influence in all the MGS games even though he's "dead" ;)

Not to mention Big Boss and Solid Snake in the same game would be ALL kinds of awesome done now.

• Brohoof 1

I played through Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes a long time ago and have played as Snake in Brawl, and that's all my experience with the series, I was never really too into it.

Twin snakes was a garbage remake. Play the playstation metal gears, they're much better.

I never played the Twin Snakes version of MGS but I heard they changed the boss music for some bosses.

Like...seriously. Encounter is all you ever need for a boss fight in MGS. It even worked for the final boss and they didn't even change it. lol

Encounter > All other music in MGS series.