Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has anybody here actually ridden a Horse and/or Pony before?

Sholem Itzhak

Yeah twice once at a party I rode a horse called jingle. Another at a stable in Japan.

I have also ridden a mule for a mule train. And a donkey as a kid.

• Brohoof 1

I'm a farm boy from a farming city which also has lots of stables and breeders and charrería is a common "sport" around here as well.

So yeah, I have but never without an expert xD

Call me a chicken, but I get a bit nervous on horse. My father broke his back when he was young while riding a mare and his tale got me paranoid

• Brohoof 1

• 11 months later...

We had 7 or so at one time, for our ranch for rounding up cattle, and over time two were sold, the 5 slowly passed on, and one we gave back to the people we bought it from. ATVs replaced them for the most part...also its kinda a "you only have one true horse that matches you perfectly in your life".

But when I was younger, I rode a shetland, a mule, and a thoroughbred, all ours, but mostly bareback and not saddled. They didn't care and neither did I.

I also rode in a stagecoach in Jamestown ND, its surprisingly smooth, it just feels like you are on a boat as it rocks back and forth. I think that's a thing still, but may not be for long as they want to turn the "heritage village" or whatever it's called into an...amusement park.

• 1 month later...