Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has anybody here actually ridden a Horse and/or Pony before?

Sholem Itzhak

I own two horses, and to ride them is simply the best thing! It annoys me because non-horse lovers think that a pony is a baby horse, or simply a smaller horse is a foal! Being a horsewoman is a lot of time and money, but it's worth it. The saying, "Money can't buy you happiness" is false, because money buys your horses, and that's pretty much the same thing as happiness! <3

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I own two horses, and to ride them is simply the best thing! It annoys me because non-horse lovers think that a pony is a baby horse, or simply a smaller horse is a foal! Being a horsewoman is a lot of time and money, but it's worth it. The saying, "Money can't buy you happiness" is false, because money buys your horses, and that's pretty much the same thing as happiness! <3

I still believe money doesn't buy happiness; your logic doesn't convince me (and it won't convince David Korten either).

Edited by Sholem Itzhak

I have. When I was really little, I rode a pony at one of those mini fairs. I started freaking out because the handler let the horse go so I was clinging onto the pony for dear life LOL

I have a few times, but I don't really enjoy it. Actual horses are somewhat unpredictable, and hard to control if you don't know what you're doing. It's not something I would do for fun.

Besides, I've got a car.  :lol:

My best friend in the whole world owns horses, so I pretty much grew up riding them. We used to dress up her ponies for parties and fairs and would run the pony rides. She moved, but whenever I visit her we always ride with her mom around and it's just so much fun. I love those horses; they're awesome. Also, bathing ponies is way too much fun. 

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...

I did a couple of times when I was in the scouts but every time they put me on a horse I cried and was scared of falling off.  I think the feeling of them walking was what really got to me but I don't know why they kept forcing me on horses when I clearly did not want to go on one.  As much as I like horses, I don't think I want to try riding one again.

As my parents have horses, I spent most of my weekends and school holidays riding before I left home; mostly just ambling around the countryside (with the odd canter on a grassy verge) rather than anything fancy. It was oddly relaxing, given that it also proved really good at honing my awareness (spotting a plastic bag or a gardener hiding behind a hedge before the horse does is a very useful skill.) It did wonders for my shyness as well, as when you ride through a village you are always the centre of attention, including the occasional crowd.

Edited by Once In A Blue Moon
  • Brohoof 1

I rode a horse once at Yellowstone Nat'l Park when I was little. It was one of those things where tourists are taken by trail guides on horseback through the natural surroundings. It was fun, but I have never been on a horse since then for whatever reason. 

I did care for miniature horses at a job I used to have. There were part of a petting zoo but weren't there for riding. 

First time I remember was when I was just a kid, back in Turkey, I think on the side of the highway.

Now I was too young to care how, but I do think my dad had decided to take a break at a small store or gas station, and there was a man with a horse there. In any case, my sister and I were helped up, the man walked the horse along the highway for a small bit. My sister got a bit scared and made some weird noises behind me, whereas I was having the time of my life.

Fast forward to a decade or so later, a while after we'd moved to France, my mom and I entered an equine club rather close by. She quit after the first year because she couldn't keep up at her age, I left after the third because it was getting too rough (and the "teacher" made some frankly degrading comments).

In that time, I've also gone on summer camps (also three times, if I recall right) where we went trekking, or trail-riding if that's what you call it. I remember going across cliffs where the trail was no wider than my palm, imagine, a rocky wall on the left and a bottomless pit on the right; made me feel very vulnerable and mortal.

Well was many many years ago was sports came. I got t ride a pony (ironically because the other horses wer already picked) and was taken along a trail. wasn't really steering at that point the horse wwas just going on a reutine. But the got t steer one in large open carral, that was fun too. But was like gosh 10+ years ago i feel old

Edited by BlinkZ